Virtual dating game with ArianeB

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Virtual dating game with ArianeB

Postby Ivlia » Tue, 16Jun28 22:13

paquito wrote:There are some questions about painting during the museum scene.

Thanks! I see.

I am thinking that TheGreatJoeGargery wrote about changing Ariane's image.
Ivlia
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Tue, 16Jun28 22:26

Ivlia wrote:
paquito wrote:There are some questions about painting during the museum scene.

Thanks! I see.

I am thinking that TheGreatJoeGargery wrote about changing Ariane's image.

I happen to love Ariane's image. I also like that she has a very distinctive personality. During the game she does what she wants to do, not what the player wants her to do. If it's fun or it feels good, she'll do it. She never does anything to specifically please her date, she is just concerned with having a good time herself.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby Ivlia » Wed, 16Jun29 15:46

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:I happen to love Ariane's image. I also like that she has a very distinctive personality. During the game she does what she wants to do, not what the player wants her to do. If it's fun or it feels good, she'll do it. She never does anything to specifically please her date, she is just concerned with having a good time herself.

Alcohol was very useful in the version 7.2 because it made Ariane more accommodating. Three-four drinks and Ariane was ready almost for all. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

But it does not work in such a way in the current version. Ariane is more independent now. And sometimes she is crazy enough to do something that I doubt to do. For example, I never go to the first dating with a stranger in short tight dress without panties. [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
Ivlia
great white shark

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Wed, 16Jun29 17:28

Ivlia wrote:
TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:I happen to love Ariane's image. I also like that she has a very distinctive personality. During the game she does what she wants to do, not what the player wants her to do. If it's fun or it feels good, she'll do it. She never does anything to specifically please her date, she is just concerned with having a good time herself.

Alcohol was very useful in the version 7.2 because it made Ariane more accommodating. Three-four drinks and Ariane was ready almost for all. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

But it does not work in such a way in the current version. Ariane is more independent now. And sometimes she is crazy enough to do something that I doubt to do. For example, I never go to the first dating with a stranger in short tight dress without panties. [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]

I think Ariane is wish fulfillment for both men and women. Men wish they could date someone like Ariane while women wish they could be as carefree and uninhibited as her.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby Ivlia » Fri, 16Jul08 23:12

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:I think Ariane is wish fulfillment for both men and women. Men wish they could date someone like Ariane while women wish they could be as carefree and uninhibited as her.

May be, you are right. But... I do not want to say on behalf of all the girls, I am going to write only my opinion. I think the character of Ariane is idealized from the males' point of view.

I think that I can repeat some Ariane's doings and cannot the another ones (especially in the first date). For example, as I wrote,
- I was shot naked at a fountain in a park,
- I cannot go to the first date with a stranger in short tight dress without panties.
Ivlia
great white shark

Postby MalleckM » Sat, 16Jul09 11:18

Interesting, is there going to be any new game about Ariane?
MalleckM
great white shark

Postby Brigma » Sat, 16Jul09 11:22

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:And it teaches you about art history. How could you go wrong with that!

Art with Carla is another game that has some teachable moments in it about art. I actually got an art question right in my local pub's trivia night because of the game. It was really awkward thinking up a lie as to why I knew the answer lol.

Ivlia wrote:Alcohol was very useful in the version 7.2 because it made Ariane more accommodating. Three-four drinks and Ariane was ready almost for all.

In her blog, Arianeb said she specifically changed this because she didn't like the idea of getting Ariane drunk to have sex with her. It sends a bad message.

Ivlia wrote:I think the character of Ariane is idealized from the males' point of view.

When the writing in a game is good enough the gender of the author shouldn't be an issue, however both games featuring Ariane are written from a female perspective.
Brigma
lagoon predator

Postby Ivlia » Sat, 16Jul09 22:38

Brigma wrote:
Ivlia wrote:Alcohol was very useful in the version 7.2 because it made Ariane more accommodating. Three-four drinks and Ariane was ready almost for all.

In her blog, Arianeb said she specifically changed this because she didn't like the idea of getting Ariane drunk to have sex with her. It sends a bad message.

This modification made the GAME more interesting. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

Brigma wrote:
Ivlia wrote:I think the character of Ariane is idealized from the males' point of view.

When the writing in a game is good enough the gender of the author shouldn't be an issue, however both games featuring Ariane are written from a female perspective.

Are you sure? As for me, the GAME was written from a strong male perspective. Оn the first date Ariane do all any man dreams about (in several conditions, of course): walking naked in her apartment, skinny dipping, public nudity... :D
Ivlia
great white shark

Postby muttdoggy » Sun, 16Jul10 00:10

I can see where everyone's coming from. There's something I'll point out.. [img]images/icones/icon2.gif[/img]
Arianeb is a gal and she created those games so there is a female perspective to the story. It does seem to be written as a male fantasy but when you play through the game carefully, you'll see that she's confident, spontaneous, likes to experiment and has an exhibitionist streak. If you play "Something's In The Air", it becomes clearer if you go down the Ariane route. With that in mind, it does make sense but on flip side it's not often you find a girl with those traits. It's pretty rare that a gal would be that uninhibited but there are some out there.
muttdoggy
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Sun, 16Jul10 02:11

I have the utmost respect for Ariane and her games. As I've said in the past, she was the inspiration that got me to start writing mine. But I was glad she changed the "get her drunk to have sex with her" aspect of the first game. I really didn't like the message that sent, and I especially didn't like that other games were picking up that meme as well. I specifically didn't put any alcohol in my games as a form of "counterbalance." (-:

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby Ivlia » Sun, 16Jul10 18:51

tlaero wrote:But I was glad she changed the "get her drunk to have sex with her" aspect of the first game. I really didn't like the message that sent, and I especially didn't like that other games were picking up that meme as well. I specifically didn't put any alcohol in my games as a form of "counterbalance." (-:

But in real life many girls become ready to have sex just due to alcohol. And I think the dating games should have the parameter that randomly defines an influence of alcohol to the female characters, i.e. defines whether it is enough "get her drunk to have sex with her" or not. [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
Ivlia
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Sun, 16Jul10 19:05

Sure. And in real life some women are date raped and others are physically abused by their boyfriends/spouses. That things happen in real life doesn't mean that I want to play games about those things. And as a game developer, I certainly don't want to give people the impression that inebriating a woman to have sex with you is an okay thing to do. I'd rather tell the story of the woman who has sex with you because she wants too. That happens in real life too...

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby LRM » Sun, 16Jul10 19:21

tlaero wrote:Sure. And in real life some women are date raped and others are physically abused by their boyfriends/spouses. That things happen in real life doesn't mean that I want to play games about those things. And as a game developer, I certainly don't want to give people the impression that inebriating a woman to have sex with you is an okay thing to do. I'd rather tell the story of the woman who has sex with you because she wants too. That happens in real life too...

Tlaero

Some Lou opinion follows (this impacts LRM); there is a huge difference between a drink or two lowering a woman's inhibitions and getting her drunk beyond her ability to consent to anything!
Alcohol makes Lou hornier than a three cocked billy goat! It makes my lady "get the fuck away and let me alone". We broke up once after an evening of alcohol. Thank the Lord once we sobered up we saw how stupid the entire fight had been.
We met in a Frisches Drive in in Northwood Ohio 26 Dec 1968. We were exclusive from then until married 16 Jan 1971. She is the reason I get out of bed every morning. I think she is my heaven on earth... I sometimes fear I am her hell.
Lou and LRM.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Mimailia » Sun, 16Jul10 19:42

LRM wrote:Thank the Lord once we sobered up we saw how stupid the entire fight had been.

When I put the bottle down (for good) in '91, it amazed me that booze was THE cause of 90% of marital problems of my friends. I couldn't see it when drunk, they couldn't see it, I couldn't convince them to sober up and recognize that the "problems" were the symptoms, alcohol was the "sickness".

Not taking advantage of drunk women got me much farther than a sloppy quickie!

M
I can't figure out how to use the signature!
Mimailia
star of the reef

Postby Greyelf » Mon, 16Jul11 01:11

I believe that there is a difference between a person choosing them-self to have a drink or two (of alcohol) to become more "relaxed" or less inhibited, and someone encouraging a person to drink so that it will be easier for that someone to get what they want.
I also believe that if two (or more) sober consenting people decide before hand that they want to get drunk together and have sex then that is their business.

Having said all that I am glad that Tlaero (among others) are deliberately not encouraging the need for alcohol to have a good time, as there are many other ways to be more "relaxed" or less inhibited that don't require someone losing their ability to make rational decisions.
Greyelf
star of the reef

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games