Adventure Creator feature discussion thread

Tips, techniques and tutorials about creation tools.

Re: Adventure Creator feature discussion thread

Postby kexter » Wed, 16Feb10 12:17

Joka wrote:I'm writing it in French and I don't know exactly where to put the "@charset" or have I to insert <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /> in each html page?
First, that's <meta charset="utf-8"> now (since HTML5). And secondly, you are overthinking it. All pages are saved and marked as UTF-8, so you have absolutely nothing to do.
@kextercius
kexter

sex: Masculine

Postby Joka » Wed, 16Feb10 12:22

In fact.. no. I don't know why but I just noticed that my pages are in ANSI... Corrected to UTF-8 and works fine now.

Thanks for the advice [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
Joka
sirens hunter

Postby tlaero » Wed, 16Feb10 16:41

The pages that AC makes are automatically utf-8. What did you need to change?

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby tlaero » Mon, 16Feb22 01:48

Is anyone using AC on Windows 7? One of my translators is having a weird behavior where large hit area targets are appearing out of nowhere and I'm not able to repro it. I had him send me a screen capture and the only thing I see that's different between our setups is that he's on Win7 and I'm on Win10. I wouldn't expect that to matter, but it's been a long time since I had a Win7 box to try it on.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby kexter » Mon, 16Feb22 02:30

That sounds suspiciously like the "double-clicking a file in an OpenDialog or SaveDialog causing a mouse-up event to bleed to the image-area resulting in the addition of an extra area spanning from the top-left corner" issue. Wayback, I've sent you a possible workaround for it and a link to a video showing how to reproduce it. No relation to Windows version, still happens to me on Win10.
User-level workaround: do not double click files in the open dialog to open them, select the file and click on the "Open" button instead.
@kextercius
kexter

Postby tlaero » Wed, 16Feb24 02:53

Interesting. I had completely forgotten about that. It made large red squares, not tiny ones, didn't it? I thought I effectively made the problem go away when I started clearing the tiny squares, but if it made large ones, that would explain a lot. Let me follow up with Marco.

Thanks Kexter!

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby tlaero » Fri, 16Feb26 03:56

Kexter, you're brilliant! That was precisely the problem.

Thanks!
Tlaero
tlaero

Postby kexter » Fri, 16Feb26 11:20

I'm glad I could help.
@kextercius
kexter

Postby tlaero » Mon, 16Mar07 01:30

Okay, I've got the UI for localization in a place I'm comfortable with it now. I may add a thing here or there, but the highest bang for the buck is working.

I'm starting to reconsider my stance on individual files vs one large js. I've got RfJ with 3 languages now, and, while it works fine, unzipping 4500 small htms is taking longer than I'd like. As I consider adding 3 or 4 more languages, it's probably going to get unwieldy. I'll spend some time finding the right balance between understandability/readability and functionality, but I'm exploring it a little.

Two other features I'm thinking about but not actively working on yet are conditional hit targets (inspired by WBA) and exportable save states. I haven't thought too much about either of those yet, though.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Mortze » Mon, 16Mar07 02:03

tlaero wrote:Two other features I'm thinking about but not actively working on yet are conditional hit targets (inspired by WBA) and exportable save states. I haven't thought too much about either of those yet, though.

What are conditional hit targets?
Could you exemplify?
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Mon, 16Mar07 02:48

It would be something along the lines of a new text box in the Areas that lets you provide a function. If the function returns true, the hit target shows. If it returns false, the hit target doesn't show. So you could have a book sitting on the table and a hit target that says "pick up the book." And you'd have a function that returns true if the book is there or false if it's already been picked up. If it's been picked up, the hit target wouldn't show. If it's not, it would. Kind of the next step after having the book show or not in RfJ.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Wolfschadowe » Mon, 16Mar07 08:44

That would be awesome. I do that currently with the bottom text. Being able to extend that to hit targets would be joyous. :)

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby tlaero » Thu, 16Mar10 07:25

I played "The Division" for the last few days, but the servers went down today, so I implemented condition functions for hit targets in AC. I'll test it a bit more before uploading, which may not be until the weekend depending on how long Ubisoft takes to fix their servers. Basic gist is that there's a "condition function" box in the area data bar now. If you put the name of a function in it, and that function returns true, the hit target will be added to the page. If it returns false, it won't be.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby kexter » Thu, 16Mar10 10:40

tlaero wrote:If you put the name of a function in it, and that function returns true, the hit target will be added to the page.
Simply putting readVar("test") < 3 in the box should work too, right?
@kextercius
kexter

Postby tlaero » Thu, 16Mar10 16:19

That wasn't my intent, but I'll see if that works. In js I'm calling what is passed in as a function.

Tlaero
tlaero

PreviousNext

Return to The workshop of creators