Dangerous Assets 2 by Cugel

The specific forum for rags games creators

Dangerous Assets 2 by Cugel

Postby Cugel » Tue, 12Aug07 02:22

Dangerous Assets 2 is the continuation and conclusion of this illustrated adult fantasy story with adventure game elements and adult content.

Requires RAGS player Version 2.3.0.0 - available at http://ragsgame.com/Downloads.aspx

The author hopes you enjoy it. There are known issues with the RAGS player, at least with this game anyway, most of which can be avoided using the tips in the Help, Game Info menu. The contents have been included here in a spoiler tag to make this post less junky.

http://www.2shared.com/file/etoAcHhq/Dangerous_Assets_-_Part_2_V_11.html
http://www.2shared.com/file/AXVQAPlw/Dangerous_Assets_-_Part_2_V_11.html
http://www.2shared.com/file/DxEvdvwq/Dangerous_Assets_-_Part_2_V_11.html
http://www.2shared.com/file/EbNVo7mZ/Dangerous_Assets_-_Part_2_V_11.html

A note about the way 2shared behaves. When you click the file url on this page the link to the actual file is the smaller of the 2 buttons labeled Download. When you click it a scary window might pop up, just slap it away and the download should start automatically or you'll get a browser prompt asking what to do with the file. PM me if this doesn't work for you.

Game Notes:

Dangerous Assets Part 2 is a linear illustrated adult fantasy adventure story with game elements. It is not a branching story with multiple possible endings. It is highly recommended that Part 1 be played before Part 2. Find it here:

The events in the story are linear, and take place over a span of several days. The player cannot progress without accomplishing the required tasks. The narrative should provide all the information needed to know or figure out what to do next.

Some player, items and character actions become active or inactive at various times. You may right-click on an item and only see the "Examine" action, then try again later and a "Take" or "Use" action may have become active.

Occasionally the game will perform tasks or move the player character from one place to another to minimize the number of clicks.

There are 2 actions on day 5 that, if performed or not performed, will determine what event occurs at the end of day 6.

Game Play:
While the player is at the main residence in the game, there is a 360 degree viewpoint possible in each location. The player can only see the items in the part of the room they are facing. There are actions for turning in the player menu. Keep in mind that the direction the player is facing is independent of the direction of movement on the map, which remains constant as the North Star.

RAGS Player Notes:
Game Performance:
The game uses a lot of memory and CPU. It will run on systems that are resource constrained, but not at the level of performance it was designed for.
If video files do not play, like the aquarium in the Introduction, an update of the Flash Plug in for your browser should fix the problem. Works on version 10.1 r52 as of this writing.

Game Saves:
To avoid skipping important data updates, only save a game when the [c Red]Click To Continue [/c]button is NOT active and there are no options to choose from in the right panel. The author strongly recommends only saving at those times when the player can move around freely on their own using the map.

Game Loads:
If the game is already running then load a saved game whenever the [c Red]Click To Continue [/c]button is NOT active and there are no options to choose from in the right panel
If the game is not already running then first open the original game file and then choose the Load a saved game option (Avoid launching the player by itself and then loading the saved game.)
After loading a saved game sometimes graphics for the location you are in are incomplete. This will clear up during movement and does not affect game play.

Credits:
Writer, designer, graphic artisan, programmer and chief obsessive: Cugel the (relatively) Clever

Thanks to Shark and all the folks at Shark's Lagoon.

Feel free to send comments or report bugs in email to cugel53@gmail.com or PM Cugel at the Sharks' Lagoon Sexy Games Forum

Hope you enjoy the game.

Oh, one more thing - the story is linear.

Version 1.0 has been tested by these fine Shark's Lagoon folk; iksanabot, Son-of-Odin, cheese101 and ghorgh and the author is in their debt. Check this post for any defect correction versions that may be necessary.

This version 1.1 has bug fixes for Day 5 after shopping and Day 7 leaving Security Office
Downloads:
Last edited by Cugel on Thu, 13Jun13 21:02, edited 14 times in total.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Re: Dangerous Assets 2 by Cugel

Postby M » Tue, 12Aug07 03:33

Sweet, totally wasn't expecting this anytime soon.
M
lagoon predator

Postby belu » Tue, 12Aug07 06:45

Wow! Been looking forward to the conclusion! Great stuff! Made my day! ;)
belu
sirens hunter

sex: Masculine

Postby psycho72 » Tue, 12Aug07 09:35

hey thanks
[img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
psycho72
lagoon predator

Postby M » Tue, 12Aug07 19:36

Okay, I'm slightly stuck on Day 5:

I've watered the plant, I got the picture of the aquarium background, and I think I'm supposed to be opening the cellar door. I spent a while last night trying to get the combination, which I assume has something to do with the sand dollar in the picture, but I didn't get it. Is there some other clue in the house I'm missing, or am I not actually supposed to open the door right now? Or do I have everything I need and I'm just completely missing it? A small nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.
M
lagoon predator

Postby Aces » Wed, 12Aug08 00:28

M wrote:Okay, I'm slightly stuck on Day 5:

I've watered the plant, I got the picture of the aquarium background, and I think I'm supposed to be opening the cellar door. I spent a while last night trying to get the combination, which I assume has something to do with the sand dollar in the picture, but I didn't get it. Is there some other clue in the house I'm missing, or am I not actually supposed to open the door right now? Or do I have everything I need and I'm just completely missing it? A small nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

I'm also stuck on this bit too. Some help would be appreciated.
Aces
sirens hunter

Postby andPS2 » Wed, 12Aug08 11:10

stuck there as well - thx for any hints
andPS2
lagoon predator

Postby Cugel » Wed, 12Aug08 12:56

I have sent a PM to those who are stuck.
Cugel
lagoon predator

Postby pyepye » Wed, 12Aug08 13:24

I'm stuck too.
pyepye
Pilot fish

Postby belu » Wed, 12Aug08 15:50

pyepye wrote:I'm stuck too.

same ^^
belu
sirens hunter

Postby ghorgh » Wed, 12Aug08 19:06

belu wrote:
pyepye wrote:I'm stuck too.

same ^^

same too ^^
ghorgh
great white shark

Postby Bassman54 » Wed, 12Aug08 19:48

Me too please
Bassman54
Pilot fish

Postby wariotpl » Wed, 12Aug08 20:19

I'm stuck too in day 5. :??:

Cellar door solve [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

But now stuck in day 6.
wariotpl
great white shark

Postby M » Wed, 12Aug08 21:34

Finally got it.
M
lagoon predator

Postby mugen24 » Thu, 12Aug09 00:45

Is there a difference between v1.0 from the rapidshare download links and v1.1 beta from the mediafile download links?
mugen24
great white shark

Next

Return to RAGS games