whats the best file hosting site?

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: whats the best file hosting site?

Postby sion » Sat, 10Dec18 23:49

Hi guys, I want to know what the best file sharing site out there is so I can get a premuim membership. I used to have rapid share and noticed its not so hot anymore?
is rapidshare still good, am i just looking in the wrong place?
if theres a better one for downloading what is it? mega upload?
sion
sirens hunter

Postby Cactus » Sat, 11Aug06 02:17

Use mediafire as primary host. Use multiupload.com as a mirror....
Rapidshare is still good..-
Cactus
sirens hunter

Postby lamont Sanford » Thu, 12Jan26 03:17

I was actually just bouncing around looking for one, my file (even zipped) is over the 200 mb limit for alot of the free sights. I am uploading to oron right now, hopefully that goes ok.
lamont Sanford
star of the reef

Postby David » Thu, 12Jan26 14:36

sion wrote:Hi guys, I want to know what the best file sharing site out there is so I can get a premuim membership. I used to have rapid share and noticed its not so hot anymore?
is rapidshare still good, am i just looking in the wrong place?
if theres a better one for downloading what is it? mega upload?

Forget about Megaupload...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaupload
David
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby Greebo » Thu, 12Jan26 14:49

For the time being at least! ...It seems the good old US of A no longer believes in "innocent until proven guilty". It's now "guilty and sentenced until we get around to running it past an American judge sponsored by Hollywood"! And we English have a one way extradition agreement with these shysters? Oops, hush ma mouf, or the Men in Black will be knocking down my little old door! [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Lotex » Sun, 12Jan29 04:58

well, actually is think rapidshare is still the best, especially for free users.
i nearly max out the speed i'm capable off (50k or round about 5,5mb/s). sometimes the speed drops to around 500-2000kb/s, but even this is pretty fast for a free user and you don't have to wait between the downloads.
most of the other (sorry for that statement) bullshit filehoster limit the speed pretty low, you have to wait between downloads or have to type stupid strings in order to get the download started.
i recently gave oron a shot, but i didn't read the faq carefully before getting the account, so i realized after the purchase, that they have 20gb limit in 3 days...i mean, really? just give me 200gb of traffic, i'll load my stuff, use up my traffic as i need and we're even.

i wonder why so many nowadays have an antipathy against rapidshare
Lotex
sirens hunter

Postby Greebo » Sun, 12Jan29 11:50

Lotex wrote:i wonder why so many nowadays have an antipathy against rapidshare

The problem appears to be that some folk have difficulty downloading from them for one reason or another. I used to have problems myself during various incarnations of the site, but aided by the helper app I use nowadays my own downloads are easy and fast. The loss for the time being of Megaupload exacerbates things, because it was one of the major alternative players.
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Lotex » Mon, 12Jan30 21:06

yeah, i guess that's right, but maybe some of the other filehosters become better and more like another megaupload rapidshare, rather than suck like they do now in the future :D

i wouldn't be so difficult to improve them, you only have to cut the wait time, more speed for free users and a little bit of this and that and voila, everything could be fine.
it doesn't have to be as good as it is with rapidshare now (at least for me), but that would make many things a lot easier
Lotex
sirens hunter

Postby Rikwar » Tue, 12Jan31 06:42

Lotex wrote:i wouldn't be so difficult to improve them, you only have to cut the wait time, more speed for free users and a little bit of this and that and voila, everything could be fine.

That's what there Premium service offers $$, I wouldn't expect them to offer any of what you mention as a free user, unless your very optimistic ;)
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby Lotex » Tue, 12Jan31 15:25

yeah of course, i really don't expect something like this to happen, but rapidshare shows that it's possible.
as i said earlier, it doesn't have to be as good as rapidshare, so there's still a reason left for people to get a premium account, you don't have to improve the service in all possible ways or too much, just a little less wait time or a bit more speed ;)
Lotex
sirens hunter

Postby william » Thu, 12Mar01 00:01

http://www.depositfiles.com is fairly popular and commonly used by many web sites. :)
william
sirens hunter

Postby zephyr11 » Thu, 12Apr05 07:31

It makes ZERO sense to use rapidshare now. Why so many files are uploaded there on this site I have no idea why, I mean the site CAPPED me at 30kbs. THIRTY! That is a 1 hour download for a 90mb file!

Why don't people use mediafire? You can upload 200mb files at a time. People downloading don't have to deal with download speed caps, no waiting for downloads, and you can download as many files as you want.

I can't wrap my head around why people use other filesharing services.
zephyr11
Pilot fish

Postby Squeeky » Thu, 12Apr05 07:38

Could it because some services won't handle certain content?
Could it be within the margins of hosting costs when the upload is not a freebie?
Could it be ....... ?

Well, we can't see inside the minds of those who persist with certain services, can we?
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby zephyr11 » Thu, 12Apr05 08:36

I'm pretty sure most filesharing sites don't allow adult content to begin with.

Just saying, mediafire just makes everything easy, simple, efficient. No time is wasted.

Squeeky wrote:Well, we can't see inside the minds of those who persist with certain services, can we?

:(
zephyr11
Pilot fish

Postby David » Thu, 12Apr05 16:24

zephyr11 wrote:It makes ZERO sense to use rapidshare now. Why so many files are uploaded there on this site I have no idea why, I mean the site CAPPED me at 30kbs. THIRTY! That is a 1 hour download for a 90mb file!

Can't help you with that one. When I downloaded Shark's new game last week I got it at a bit over 100kb/sec. And that was with me covertly using someone else's unsecure wireless connection...
David
star of the reef

Next

Return to The beach