The Dragons loins

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: The Dragons loins

Postby dolerhyde7 » Fri, 12Jan13 12:40

Good to hear from ya Loup! [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
dolerhyde7
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby Loup Garou » Fri, 12Jan13 18:59

I just figured out a possible theme for the game. A little different from the regular music, but... I think it is... appropriate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_zKF8ny ... re=related

It hit me, after I posted this, that it is even MORE appropriate when you consider the time period the whole story started... 1960's.
Loup Garou
star of the reef

Postby dolerhyde7 » Fri, 12Jan13 19:49

[img]kator/lool.gif[/img] That's one of my all- time favourite tracks!
Not quite the atmosphere I'm trying to create, though... :lol:
dolerhyde7
star of the reef

Postby Loup Garou » Fri, 12Jan13 21:51

I know.. I know... but it is still a cool tune and the girl in the story fits the title... and... 8-)
Loup Garou
star of the reef

Fairie Lights Part 2

Postby dolerhyde7 » Thu, 12Jan19 00:41

This is Dolerhyde. The Dragon's Loins are still basking in the afterglow of a very merry New year and have been well sated of late, but true lust never dies.
Here is the 2nd part of " Fairie Lights " ; as Conor and Caidde are reunited and feelings intensify, Conor must make an inevitable, life changing decision...

( Cut scenes / Narrative ) Conor stands alone in his new bedroom in London, desperately unhappy. His parents are in the middle of a divorce and he's still haunted and confused by his last meeting with Caidde. When he finally sees his father and Ireland again, a year has passed and Conor is now 13. His dad has not taken the divorce well and spends most nights drinking. ( Dialogue ) Before Conor goes to bed on his first night back in Ireland, his father inexplicably warns him to stay away from the woods. As darkness falls, Conor waits at his bedroom window with a mixture of apprehension and excitement, watching for any sign of his strange friend but she doesn't come. He goes to bed disappointed. In the morning Conor finds his dad asleep on the couch, the floor littered with an empty scotch bottle and beer cans. ( Gameplay ) He tidies up the mess, pulls a blanket over his dad and makes himself breakfast. Packing a knapsack with food ( a sandwich, apple and biscuits ) he quietly leaves the house. ( Cut scene-woodland ) Conor searches the woods until the skies begin to darken, but he is unable to find Caidde. Disconsolate, he trudges back to the house convinced that he'll never see her again. A week later he's back in London; he visits his dad in Ireland less and less, but at night always watches out for a golden, glowing light that never comes. Five years pass...

( Narrative, cut scene + dialogue ) Conor is now 18 and has been courting a kind-hearted, good looking blonde girl called Sam for 4 months. Her parents are out for a couple of hours and the two teens are fooling around on her bed. In the background a small record player can be heard ( Jimi Hendrix if you like, Loup! ) ( Gameplay ) Urgent kisses and inexperienced fumblings progress to heavy petting. After groping her breasts for a while, Conor manages to undo her blouse and unhook her bra. When he cups her bare boobs with no resistance, Conor decides to go for glory and slides a hand up her skirt; he begins to rub her through her panties and she reciprocates, rubbing his erection through his trousers. The point of no return is reached and passed as both virgins realize what will happens next. Underwear is pulled down and busy hands and fingers explore strange and exciting new worlds ( both are now naked below the waist ). Now only 3 hotspots allow progression; a click on either one's crotch and events follow their natural course ( a quick but graphic sex scene ). As they lie together afterwards, Sam will confess that she loves him and Conor will reply in kind. Eventually, the two marry, signifying the end of the game. The remaining hotspot sees Conor about to have sex but freezing. He has a sudden, hazy vision of an ugly gnarled tree and a mysterious girl enveloped in a golden glow. At the same time he feels an irresistible pull back to Ireland and understands immediately. ( Dialogue ) The next conversation he has with sam can be brutal or gentle ( players choice ), but either way it leaves her confused, hurt and annoyed.

( Gameplay ) Conor leaves Sam's house and 'phones his dad, asking if he can stay there for a while. ( Cut scene ) Back in Ireland a few days later, Conor stares from the bedroom window late at night. He has no doubt what will happen next. A golden light appears from the woods and hovers, waiting. He leaves the house and runs towards the light. The glow fades, revealing a breathtaking, beautiful woman with long red hair, pronounced, pointed ears and piercingly bright green eyes. She wears a translucent dress that emphasizes every curve of her body. Caidde has grown up. ( Dialogue ) Conor is taken aback by her beauty but knows that the form before him is only Caidde as he wants to see her. He tells her he doesn't care what she really looks like. He attempts to embrace her but she turns and walks away, towards the woodlands. ' Follow me ', she tells him. Conor can follow or refuse, but a refusal brings the game to an end. ( And not a happy one ).
( Gameplay ) In the woodland Caidde pauses every so often for ' tease shots ' ; at five different locations there is a hotspot to find which will cause Caidde to strike a seductive and revealing ' pose ', each more explicit ( and sexy! ) than the last. ( Extensive dialogue ) Finally they find themselves beside the gnarled tree where she tells Conor that she loves him and always has. ( Gameplay )Her dress slips away from her revealing her naked body. She undresses Conor and they embrace in the moonlight. The sex scene is explicit but sensual and romantic , 2 oral scenes and missionary position sex. ( Dialogue ) Grinning, she tells him that now he belongs to her, and she to him. Forever.

Afterwards they sit naked together by a moonlit stream and share a kiss. ( Optional gameplay ) Caidde bathes in the water and Conor has the option of joining her, initiating an optional sex scene which is a lot more graphic ( choice of different positions ). They get dressed and soon after, Conor sees a spot of blood on her dress, between her thighs. " I was waiting for You " she tells him simply. He tells her he was a virgin too. " I know. You wouldn't have seen me if you weren't ", she replies. Holding hands ,she leads him to the base of the gnarled tree and points at its base. " Time to go. My time here is over. Will you come, or no? It has to be your choice ". The final choice of the game; If Conor accepts, he's about to enter a world he's never seen and knows nothing about, but he'll forever be with Caidde. If he refuses, it leads to Caidde's death. Either way, that's the end.
As with part 1, I had to leave out many sub-plots, dialogue and gameplay options because I'd written so many of them. The main one in part 2 was dialogue and gameplay with Conor's dad, who reveals after a heated argument that he experienced exactly what his son did and tries to stop him following Caidde into the woods.
The Dragon's Loins are well and truly spent. Thank you for your time and kind attention. And we're off...
dolerhyde7
star of the reef

Postby Loup Garou » Mon, 12Jan23 16:49

Her parents are out for a couple of hours and the two teens are fooling around on her bed. In the background a small record player can be heard ( Jimi Hendrix if you like, Loup! ) ( Gameplay ) Urgent kisses and inexperienced fumblings progress to heavy petting. After groping her breasts for a while, Conor manages to undo her blouse and unhook her bra. When he cups her bare boobs with no resistance, Conor decides to go for glory and slides a hand up her skirt; he begins to rub her through her panties and she reciprocates, rubbing his erection through his trousers. The point of no return is reached and passed as both virgins realize what will happens next. Underwear is pulled down and busy hands and fingers explore strange and exciting new worlds ( both are now naked below the waist ). Now only 3 hotspots allow progression; a click on either one's crotch and events follow their natural course ( a quick but graphic sex scene ). As they lie together afterwards, Sam will confess that she loves him and Conor will reply in kind. Eventually, the two marry, signifying the end of the game. The remaining hotspot sees Conor about to have sex but freezing. He has a sudden, hazy vision of an ugly gnarled tree and a mysterious girl enveloped in a golden glow.

I am still reading, so I haven't finished, but... Hendrix music in the background. Purple Haze? But the moment he hesitates would be the moment after the record moves on to the next song... and the next song is... Foxy Lady. Is this what jogs his memory and makes him pause? Sights, sounds, smells can all evoke memories, even if it has no actual relationship with the event. Play music from Camelot and I am sure you can have just about anyone over 60 in America have flashbacks to the Kennedy years.
Loup Garou
star of the reef

Postby dolerhyde7 » Mon, 12Jan23 20:28

That's an interesting idea. I didn't think of using music to trigger the flashback that sends him back to Ireland, and Conor just happening to see Caidde and her tree as a means of progressing the story always rankled me a little. I had other ideas but went for the easiest option because I was cutting out as much as I could without completely butchering the entire narrative. Thanks for your input, Loup. [img]smile/twixy.gif[/img]
dolerhyde7
star of the reef

Postby Loup Garou » Mon, 12Jan23 22:43

I'm just here to help. 8-)

Btw... if you can't actually put the music itself into the game, you could show the music coming off the record player visually. While the dialogue is showing "down stage center" you could possibly have, in smaller font and with musical symbols within the text, have a second dialogue box appearing over the record player in the background.
Loup Garou
star of the reef

Postby Greebo » Mon, 12Jan23 23:44

Better than "Foxy Lady" might be "Run with the Fox" by Yes! You could have the music courtesy of a radio with the DJ fading the music they were making out to and, just as they're getting really serious, announcing the track and the band -- that ought to be enough to make the hair on the back of his neck stand up on end and send a shiver down his spine! [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

Run with the Fox! Yes

(By the way, it's not that I don't love Hendrix or "Foxy Lady", because I do!)
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby dolerhyde7 » Tue, 12Jan24 01:08

[img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img] I haven't heard that song since I was a kid! The lyrics certainly compliment the whole ' fox face ' theme Greebs, but for shear rockability, Hendrix is king! :lol: [img]smile/@@@.gif[/img]
dolerhyde7
star of the reef

Postby Newdood » Tue, 12Jan24 02:39

Ooohh - I agree with Greebo - I think having that song pop up for him later in life would be a good mechanism for moving the story back to the original setting.

I also have to agree with dolerhyde7 that Hendrix carries the crown for rockability of songs containing the word "fox," but it's just too frequently played on the radio (I probably hear it once a week on my preferred station) for this plot mechanism.
Newdood
star of the reef

Postby Loup Garou » Tue, 12Jan24 04:22

Why did I suggest Foxy Lady? Well... Let's see... "The game is set in Ireland in the early 1960's." The character is 12.... 6 years later, we are back and the kid is 18.... It is STILL the 60's. Jimmy is still being heard everywhere. His psychedelic rock was on the minds of many a teen at the time. The two 18 year olds seeking to....... pop each others cherry will want the right vibe, and a Hendrix album sets the mood. Every other time he heard Foxy Lady before that moment was just hearing a song. But holding a beautiful woman in your arms, both of you minimally dressed, and you hear Jimmy scream that phrase out, THAT is when it is going to register... and the memories are going to come flooding back.

Run With the Fox? "In 1981, Squire and White released 'Run With the Fox', a Christmas single as a duo with Squire on lead vocals and with words by onetime King Crimson/ELP lyricist Peter Sinfield, which received heavy radio airplay through the 1980s and early 1990s during the Christmas periods." How can an 18 year old, in... say... 1968, know a song that won't be released for another 23 years? (If it was released earlier, tell me, but this is the only date I can find for the release)
Loup Garou
star of the reef

Postby Newdood » Tue, 12Jan24 04:35

Well.... OK - if you want to maintain an element of REALISM!! :lol:
Newdood
star of the reef

Postby Loup Garou » Tue, 12Jan24 10:08

I'm just picky that way.... 8-)
Loup Garou
star of the reef

Postby Greebo » Tue, 12Jan24 11:23

Ah, what a shame, I missed the anachronism -- please accept my humble apologies! (I still think it would have been the ideal link if it hadn't been necessary for the radio broadcast to have hitched a lift through a temporal wormhole -- I blame the Large Hadron Collider myself [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img] )
Greebo
Great Master of corals

PreviousNext

Return to The beach