Renpy Free/Donation/Patreon Earth Girls Update 3/11/2021

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Renpy Free/Donation/Patreon Earth girls are Update 4/28/

Postby lydia02 » Wed, 19May08 20:35

MaxCarna wrote:Yes, my game is Html and I'm using a framework called Boostrap (https://www.w3schools.com/bootstrap/default.asp) can't say if the URL will be blocked. It provide me variables so I can choose which file I will load.

The link works. Looks good and that they're setup to be helpful to their users.

MaxCarna wrote:See, an emissive surface become a light itself. If you select the whole wall, you will have something like a huge neon panel.

Generally you select the object "bedside lamp" for example, you will have multiple surfaces: metal, glass, filament... The only surface that you will turn emissive would be filament, that's the small metal string inside the lamp that glows on real life. I will give you an example next.

This scene is a mixture of emissive surfaces and primitive lights.
The pre-built environment had point lights on the ceiling, in front of globes, they were very warm lights (2900 k). I erased the point light, making the globe emissive and used 5000000.0 lumens on each.
There are strong blue point light in the middle of the air, it don't have lumens, so I configured the intensity to 4500.0%.
There are three spotlights on the couple and 1 on the waitress walking in the back. The lumens goes from 200000.0 to 80000.0
Some yellow point lights on the balcony behind.

Your scene looks great. Makes sense now why I would choose a light object for an emissive. Are these typical values or is the set somewhat dark and thus needing more light? I've come across interior sets that can be too bright on loading and others that are rather dark.

MaxCarna wrote:There are several types of sets: some come with emissive surfaces, some with primitive lights, others with the renders settings configured to provide light, some with separated lights that you must apply, some of nothing at all. The first you must look carefully if they were pre-made for Iray or 3Delight, they have completely different light systems.

When you add a spotlight, it doesn't kill your previous lights, the thing is that "Preview lights" only recognize primitive lights such as spotlight. If there is no primitive lights you see all the scene illuminated because the system assumes that you have no lights on your set, so it activates a default ilumination over everything just for preview purposes, not related to the render. Now, when you add a single spotlight, the preview will only show that light, everything else become dark. Again, this doesn't affect the render.

You can enable or disable with CTRL+L.

I'll need to check like you say to know what they used for lighting. Good to know about ctrl+l and that I can adding to the lighting package.

MaxCarna wrote:It's relative to your hardware and the Daz version. I used to use 2x 1070 and Daz 4.10, in 5 to 10 minutes was enough for me. Now I'm using one 2080ti and Daz 4.11, in 2 minutes I can see. The difference is not related to hardware improvement, the complete render time is almost the same. Looks like 4.11 work in a different way, the image come out faster, but the interactions are slower.

Just didn't want to judge the image before I had a good preview so figured I'd ask. Do you prefer one version of daz over another? I'm still on 4.10 and should probably look to see what comes with an update. Didn't see any prompt to ask me to update. Suppose that is part of the download manager or just going to the daz site for a newer version if it does represent an improvement. Using geforce gtx 1080ti.

MaxCarna wrote:If you are in doubt about a character's skin, create a new scene, add only the character, leave as "Dome and scene", Daz default dome will be applied, just render. That will give you a glimpse

Thanks for the incredible suggestion! Was just the ticket to simplify and reduce my variables. Tried the girl in blue from my before and after image posts. Went through her standard options and they all come out in some range of grey skin. Nothing like the way she looks in the promo images so don't know what settings they used. So went custom on her settings like I did on posted images. Have several options that I got good results with. Not the promo image level, but like you've said, they put alot of time and skills into creating those. Having a skin version so she looks good is my goal. I'll compare my options and then have the new custom set be the character going forward. Is there a good way to save a customized version of a girl so that I don't need to keep recreating her with each load? I suppose I could create a scene with her solo and use that as my starting point but didn't know if there would be a better way of doing it such as the custom character.
lydia02
lagoon predator

sex: Female

Postby MaxCarna » Wed, 19May08 22:16

lydia02 wrote:Are these typical values or is the set somewhat dark and thus needing more light?

These settings created two effects that I wanted: it shows a place with low lights, a romantic atmosphere and enough high-class atmosphere; at the same time the characters are well visible, no detail missing. The light on the environment is made to be natural, while the light on the characters it unnatural. As I learn around, in a game people usually want to see their characters fully, that's why the extra spotlights.

My point here, is that you can focus on the environment and the characters with two different perspectives, one at time. First load the environment and calibrate until every element look good. Then you add the characters and change only the light on them, spotlight are good to control focus, reduce the zone of effect.

I have a big problem with my game, because I made the house long time ago, it don't have a good light system, but if I change it now, there would be a quality break. The game would loose consistency, so I'm stuck in most of the scenes. Everytime I have an external scene, like this one, I take the opportunity to revisit my aknowledge about lighting.

lydia02 wrote:Do you prefer one version of daz over another?

4.11 is still on beta, you need to change DIM filters to see it. To be honest I hate beta versions, every time they tighten a screw your perfect saved scene produces a different result. My last release was very spoiled due brightness variation, drives changed, version changed... Unfortunately I'm obligated to use 4.11 as Daz 4.10 don't recognize my card.

I passed over this same issue from 4.9 through 4.10, 4.9 don't reconize pascal cards like yours, I had a 1070 at the time. Fortunately when 4.10 became public, an official release, there was a great quality improvement. Imagine how anxious I'm to see 4.11 achieving that stage. You should stay with 4.10 until 4.11 become public too.

lydia02 wrote:Using geforce gtx 1080ti.

I flirted with this card for a long time, when I finally achieved the budget, the tensor cores from the new generation seduced me ^^
They didn't show their power on Iray yet but there are a lot of potential. The major factor for my decision was that they stopped making 1080ti to impulse 2080ti, so their priced rised.

lydia02 wrote:Is there a good way to save a customized version of a girl so that I don't need to keep recreating her with each load?

There was a specific topic about this on the forum. You can see by clicking on "Save As" that there is a lot of formats that you can produce, most of them are presets. You can save pose, character, lights... You can work with this strategy to store anything for later reuse. But I work on this in a way Mortze suggested, I save everything as a full .duf scene.

Every type of presets have some kind of peculiarity, scenes are simple, just load and merge, nothing else. So what I basically do is organize the files on folders like Daz Source -> Characters / Environments / Items / Textures... You should never make the same thing twice. Some people would say that crazy guys even enumerate the files: Char01_John, Char02_Marie, ... Env01_Bedroom, Env02_Kitchen...

You just load a base file, go merging everything you need, put everything in place, set the lights and fire the render :D
MaxCarna
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby lydia02 » Thu, 19May09 18:37

MaxCarna wrote:
lydia02 wrote:Are these typical values or is the set somewhat dark and thus needing more light?

These settings created two effects that I wanted: it shows a place with low lights, a romantic atmosphere and enough high-class atmosphere; at the same time the characters are well visible, no detail missing. The light on the environment is made to be natural, while the light on the characters it unnatural. As I learn around, in a game people usually want to see their characters fully, that's why the extra spotlights.
The lighting does a great job creating the mood that you mention you were looking for.

My point here, is that you can focus on the environment and the characters with two different perspectives, one at time. First load the environment and calibrate until every element look good. Then you add the characters and change only the light on them, spotlight are good to control focus, reduce the zone of effect.

Hadn't considered lighting first the scene and then adding the characters. Was thinking that adding another element would change the lighting needs. Will practice this approach with my next renders.

I have a big problem with my game, because I made the house long time ago, it don't have a good light system, but if I change it now, there would be a quality break. The game would loose consistency, so I'm stuck in most of the scenes. Everytime I have an external scene, like this one, I take the opportunity to revisit my aknowledge about lighting.

Yeah, tough spot as you are limited in showing what you can do to remain consistent. Like you say, you are able to show your talents in the new sets and of course future projects.

4.11 is still on beta, you need to change DIM filters to see it. To be honest I hate beta versions, every time they tighten a screw your perfect saved scene produces a different result. My last release was very spoiled due brightness variation, drives changed, version changed... Unfortunately I'm obligated to use 4.11 as Daz 4.10 don't recognize my card.

I passed over this same issue from 4.9 through 4.10, 4.9 don't reconize pascal cards like yours, I had a 1070 at the time. Fortunately when 4.10 became public, an official release, there was a great quality improvement. Imagine how anxious I'm to see 4.11 achieving that stage. You should stay with 4.10 until 4.11 become public too.

Thanks for the advice. So true that one never knows what they are getting with a beta. Sorry to hear that it messed with your game update as well.

I flirted with this card for a long time, when I finally achieved the budget, the tensor cores from the new generation seduced me ^^
They didn't show their power on Iray yet but there are a lot of potential. The major factor for my decision was that they stopped making 1080ti to impulse 2080ti, so their priced rised.

I had heard good things about the 1080ti when I was looking into it and was able to get what I've been told was a good deal for it. Hadn't rendered prior to getting the card so don't have anything to compare it to. Do you have a preference for render settings? I've read various takes on whether things like setting the render quality higher than 1 produced results.

There was a specific topic about this on the forum. You can see by clicking on "Save As" that there is a lot of formats that you can produce, most of them are presets. You can save pose, character, lights... You can work with this strategy to store anything for later reuse. But I work on this in a way Mortze suggested, I save everything as a full .duf scene.

Every type of presets have some kind of peculiarity, scenes are simple, just load and merge, nothing else. So what I basically do is organize the files on folders like Daz Source -> Characters / Environments / Items / Textures... You should never make the same thing twice. Some people would say that crazy guys even enumerate the files: Char01_John, Char02_Marie, ... Env01_Bedroom, Env02_Kitchen...

You just load a base file, go merging everything you need, put everything in place, set the lights and fire the render :D

I've been saving as scenes so I've saved myself from needing to recreate the scene to put in the different skin texture. Will need to work on a good naming convention so that it's clear what each set has. Thanks again for your help.
lydia02
lagoon predator

Postby MaxCarna » Fri, 19May10 07:11

lydia02 wrote:Was thinking that adding another element would change the lighting needs.

No, the only effect they have is to project shadows depending on your light source. Area lights usually don't create shadows.

lydia02 wrote:Hadn't rendered prior to getting the card so don't have anything to compare it to

Despite of the number of CUDA cores, that counts on rendering speed, it has 11gb of memory. Memory doesn't count on rendering speed, but the scene should fit in the size of your card's memory, otherwise the card is discarded on the process. I started to work with Daz using a 970 that has 4gb. I had to make magic for my scenes fit in, like deleting everything that was out of the camera's view, then put everything back to move for the next scene. I have being spared of this torture, what is really good.

Most creators that I met have 8gb 6gb cards, you have a leverage for sure.

lydia02 wrote:Do you have a preference for render settings?

As my game is shared online I was most concerned with size than quality. I set image scale 2:1 with 1280x640 pixels, output as PNG, default max of 5000 iteractions.

lydia02 wrote:Will need to work on a good naming convention so that it's clear what each set has

Good, but remember the focus here is to separate each item that you will use again on another scene. Probably one of your scenes should produce a lot of files. One for each character, one for the environment, maybe clothes separated and so on.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby lydia02 » Fri, 19May10 17:38

MaxCarna wrote:Despite of the number of CUDA cores, that counts on rendering speed, it has 11gb of memory. Memory doesn't count on rendering speed, but the scene should fit in the size of your card's memory, otherwise the card is discarded on the process. I started to work with Daz using a 970 that has 4gb. I had to make magic for my scenes fit in, like deleting everything that was out of the camera's view, then put everything back to move for the next scene. I have being spared of this torture, what is really good.

Most creators that I met have 8gb 6gb cards, you have a leverage for sure.

I did come across a huge set that was taking forever to render. Read about a program called gpu z and it confirmed that the set was too large so had to go the delete extra items route to reduce the render time.

As my game is shared online I was most concerned with size than quality. I set image scale 2:1 with 1280x640 pixels, output as PNG, default max of 5000 iteractions.

Good point. I've heard different preferences and was curious of your take. Thanks.

Good, but remember the focus here is to separate each item that you will use again on another scene. Probably one of your scenes should produce a lot of files. One for each character, one for the environment, maybe clothes separated and so on.

Oh, so I totally misunderstood you then. I've been saving scenes but not the separate elements. The scenes will be good for classes as they will be used daily. Separate items will be useful as well without me needing to delete the scene bits that I don't need for the next situation. Thanks for pointing that I was missing most of the options.
lydia02
lagoon predator

Postby MaxCarna » Sat, 19May11 04:13

lydia02 wrote:Read about a program called gpu z and it confirmed that the set was too large so had to go the delete extra items route to reduce the render time.

You can look the render output screen, in the very beginning, it would say something like "Fall back to cpu rendering". Also your computer probably will become really slow.

By the way, on the renders settings -> advanced, check only the GPU and uncheck CPU. Some users says that CPU+GPU are faster, but this happen in just a few cases, generally GPU only is better and you stay free to use your computer.

lydia02 wrote:I've been saving scenes but not the separate elements

Maybe I skipped one step, I assumed that you would save every element in a different file, then I reflected about saving then in a specific file format, the preset, or saving another normal scene, without the other elements.

I will give you a practical example: I was reading the text and creating my scenes on the house, suddenly I read that the secretary had a briefcase. I imagined that I would probably use that briefcase later. So I firstly saved the complete scene by the name, like I was doing with the previous scenes. Then I deleted everything on the scene, except the briefcase and saved a new scene on the folder "Items" called "Secretary-briefcase.duf". Dozens of scenes after, the briefcase appeared again on the text. I simply selected "Merge", my "Secretary-briefcase.duf" file and it was done. If I hadn't done it, I would probably spend hours to find the first image and try to figure out what asset I firstly used.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby lydia02 » Sat, 19May11 22:31

MaxCarna wrote:You can look the render output screen, in the very beginning, it would say something like "Fall back to cpu rendering". Also your computer probably will become really slow.

By the way, on the renders settings -> advanced, check only the GPU and uncheck CPU. Some users says that CPU+GPU are faster, but this happen in just a few cases, generally GPU only is better and you stay free to use your computer.

I must have missed the message. Most I look at the render process and when it says it's minutes into the render and still at 0% I start to wonder. I tend to open up the program that shows gpu usage so that I will know if the scene fits on my card.

I did see some tutorials that suggested to uncheck cpu so have been following that process. Good to hear that this is the way to go.

Maybe I skipped one step, I assumed that you would save every element in a different file, then I reflected about saving then in a specific file format, the preset, or saving another normal scene, without the other elements.

I will give you a practical example: I was reading the text and creating my scenes on the house, suddenly I read that the secretary had a briefcase. I imagined that I would probably use that briefcase later. So I firstly saved the complete scene by the name, like I was doing with the previous scenes. Then I deleted everything on the scene, except the briefcase and saved a new scene on the folder "Items" called "Secretary-briefcase.duf". Dozens of scenes after, the briefcase appeared again on the text. I simply selected "Merge", my "Secretary-briefcase.duf" file and it was done. If I hadn't done it, I would probably spend hours to find the first image and try to figure out what asset I firstly used.

I probably misunderstood. When I save scenes and various elements, is there a good way to determine say what poses were used, expressions, etc?

Also, I'm working on a render to redo the scene from my first post in this thread. Girls in the classroom with the blue vest girl having her hand raised. Having the girls seated creates tons of issues with those damn skirts. They have all of these adjustment levers but it's difficult to come up with the proper combos to make them look right. I can't make the change while I'm in iray as there's too much movement for iray to keep up. The texture shaded option is too dark to see what I'm doing. The wire frame gives a general outline, but it's not enough to show details such when the skirt sticks up. I hope that I'm missing something simple because switching back and forth trying different options to see their effect is a very frustrating process.
lydia02
lagoon predator

Postby MaxCarna » Sun, 19May12 08:48

lydia02 wrote:Most I look at the render process and when it says it's minutes into the render and still at 0% I start to wonder

GPUz is a very soft program, but you don't need it, on your render log, if you see this, you are using the GPU:

If you see something like this, you fall back to CPU:

Also, Windows Task Manager can show you the GPU usage.

lydia02 wrote:I probably misunderstood. When I save scenes and various elements, is there a good way to determine say what poses were used, expressions, etc?

I rarely save poses and expression to use again later, that would be one of the few cases where presets would work better. You can save a pose preset and apply it using "My Library" on the Content Library tab. If you want a expressions pallet, to use in the text box for example, then you should have one .duf for each, and render to use on the program.

What I usually save are the characters with all customizations, hair, genitalia, clothes... Environments like home, neighbor house, school, store, I save them without no objects or characters inside... and Objects like briefcases, glasses, wine bottles...

lydia02 wrote:The texture shaded option is too dark to see what I'm doing

Disable the preview lights until you start to add the spotlights. I work in texture shaded 99% if time. Now that I got used to controlling the spotlights, I leave preview lights on.
I only use Iray shaded on specific cases, like when I had to apply Iray Wound Kit, because they are invisible on designing time. Wire frame more rarely, when I need a very perfect fitting.

lydia02 wrote:Having the girls seated creates tons of issues with those damn skirts.

Until Victoria 4 fitting clothes was a very hard, I as understood, you needed Magnet Fits that were sold separately. Older creators will curse me but it was like I was torturing myself while I tried to use it. But time help me to understand a little how Bones works, this will help you to understand: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/s ... ging/start

The thing about skirts and others similar clothes is that there are some products out there that are just very bad, because they have few bones and joints and you can't control them. I usually prefer "Daz Originals" products or artists that I know because of that. Hairs! I really hate hairs that I can't move the bangs, side hairs...

If your problem is that you can't move the skirt along with the leg, there isn't much you can do inside Daz, maybe you will have to make some magic with Photoshop later.
If the problem is some holes on the skirt, like the leg is trespassing the cloth, you should work with Smooth modifiers, increasing or decreasing the number of iterations or collisions: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9823/

But as everything evolve, dForce is the best thing that there is now. There are dForce products ready to use, on Window menu, enable a new pane called "Simulation settings", click on the dForce object and then on the "Simulate" button. It take a time, but the result is impressive. You can add dForce modifier to any surface, but you will need to look for some tutorials for that.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby Ehlanna » Sun, 19May12 16:47

The messages shown at render time in the dialog box are replicated in the log file (Help> Troubleshooting> View Log File ..)

Assuming you are using an nVidia graphic card to perform the render then I'd strongly suggest looking at MSI Afterburner, which will allow you to better control any fan on the card for better cooling - may be noisier but will also help prevent thermal throttling on the card.
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby lydia02 » Sun, 19May12 18:09

MaxCarna wrote:GPUz is a very soft program, but you don't need it, on your render log, if you see this, you are using the GPU:

If you see something like this, you fall back to CPU:

Also, Windows Task Manager can show you the GPU usage.

Hadn't notice that the render log gives me the heads up too.

I rarely save poses and expression to use again later, that would be one of the few cases where presets would work better. You can save a pose preset and apply it using "My Library" on the Content Library tab. If you want a expressions pallet, to use in the text box for example, then you should have one .duf for each, and render to use on the program.

What I usually save are the characters with all customizations, hair, genitalia, clothes... Environments like home, neighbor house, school, store, I save them without no objects or characters inside... and Objects like briefcases, glasses, wine bottles...

I continue to have troubles finding expressions that I like. The snapshot they provide with the expression often looks very different on the model. I have looked into the set you suggested and working on the sliders for those. I often refer back to prior renders to find ones that looked good on a model and noting what the expression was for future reference. Figured there'd be a better way like a subset.

Disable the preview lights until you start to add the spotlights. I work in texture shaded 99% if time. Now that I got used to controlling the spotlights, I leave preview lights on.
I only use Iray shaded on specific cases, like when I had to apply Iray Wound Kit, because they are invisible on designing time. Wire frame more rarely, when I need a very perfect fitting.

I have spotlights on each of the girls like you've recommended. Totally slipped my mind about the ctrl l you told me about. Now I don't have to work in the dark!

Until Victoria 4 fitting clothes was a very hard, I as understood, you needed Magnet Fits that were sold separately. Older creators will curse me but it was like I was torturing myself while I tried to use it. But time help me to understand a little how Bones works, this will help you to understand: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/s ... ging/start

The thing about skirts and others similar clothes is that there are some products out there that are just very bad, because they have few bones and joints and you can't control them. I usually prefer "Daz Originals" products or artists that I know because of that. Hairs! I really hate hairs that I can't move the bangs, side hairs...

If your problem is that you can't move the skirt along with the leg, there isn't much you can do inside Daz, maybe you will have to make some magic with Photoshop later.
If the problem is some holes on the skirt, like the leg is trespassing the cloth, you should work with Smooth modifiers, increasing or decreasing the number of iterations or collisions: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9823/

But as everything evolve, dForce is the best thing that there is now. There are dForce products ready to use, on Window menu, enable a new pane called "Simulation settings", click on the dForce object and then on the "Simulate" button. It take a time, but the result is impressive. You can add dForce modifier to any surface, but you will need to look for some tutorials for that.

The skirt has a number of slider adjustments but seems to need to be adjusted for everything. Sitting effects: length, causes gaps in the skirt, sags through the chair seat, points up for crossing legs, etc. I can tend to get the gaps to clear up with the sliders. Just figured I'm probably missing a few things as it should be easier to deal with than this. Totally with you that some products are just better made than others. Thanks for the links and suggestions on areas to look into to address the issues. My main hair issues tend to be to get it out of the girls eyes so you can see her face. Plus issues with the hair having issues with their clothes I apply hair last to avoid some of the clothes issues anyway.
lydia02
lagoon predator

Postby lydia02 » Sun, 19May12 18:14

Ehlanna wrote:The messages shown at render time in the dialog box are replicated in the log file (Help> Troubleshooting> View Log File ..)

Assuming you are using an nVidia graphic card to perform the render then I'd strongly suggest looking at MSI Afterburner, which will allow you to better control any fan on the card for better cooling - may be noisier but will also help prevent thermal throttling on the card.

I have a nividia geforce gtx 1080ti. I did have the msi afterburner on my previous computer from your suggestion and will add it to my current computer as well. Are there any particular settings I need to apply like the fan for example that you mention?
lydia02
lagoon predator

Postby MaxCarna » Mon, 19May13 04:44

lydia02 wrote:The snapshot they provide with the expression often looks very different on the model

I have the same impression, you have to try one by one, pressing CTRL+Z and moving to the other. Notice that some expressions are specific for one model like Aiko, Olympia... they won't look good on a custom model.

Some Zeddicuss' expressions allows you to apply just a percent of the expression, just like the base model expressions. This allows you to combine expressions and get what you want.

lydia02 wrote:Causes gaps in the skirt, sags through the chair seat, points up for crossing legs

If you don't want to study dForce just yet, here is my suggestions:
For gaps, apply smooth modifier on the model, increase the number of interactions and colisions one by one, and see the results. Usually works, if is taking too long, just use Photoshop stamp;
For sags, if you want the skirt to be over the chair, on smooth modifier, change the target from the model to the chair. Sometimes you have to render twice(one for model, one for chair) and overlap images later.
For points up, I hate those, I cursed a lot of creators because of that, sometimes the skirt become completely crazy. Sometimes the only way is to fit the skirt to "none", it will fly away from the model.
Apply the same translation values of the model to skirt, and ajust rotation values to give the impression that the skirt is where it should be. It's painful, but works. You can change the parent of an object without apply the fit, this make sense?
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby Ehlanna » Mon, 19May13 20:38

lydia02 wrote:
Ehlanna wrote:The messages shown at render time in the dialog box are replicated in the log file (Help> Troubleshooting> View Log File ..)

I have a nividia geforce gtx 1080ti. I did have the msi afterburner on my previous computer from your suggestion and will add it to my current computer as well. Are there any particular settings I need to apply like the fan for example that you mention?

GPU-Z is handy for checking on VRAM utilisation. I have it but don't often start it up. Afterburner I start just about as soon as I boot the computer (it's not an autostart program, though it could be) to use with a custom fan speed profile to keep the GPU temp at a 'decent' level( the profile has the fan speed increase quite early on (40% at 20C, 45% and 30C thence up to 90% at 70C) and at full stretch on a render the temp will hover around the 60C level. For software for hardware that's possibly all you need. Software for other stuff would include some form of graphics package, by preference one that handles layers and alpha/transparency, such as the ubiquitous Photoshop or GIMP. I use GIMP because I could not justify buying Photoshop and now they have gone to subscription refuse to do so ;)
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby lydia02 » Mon, 19May13 22:55

MaxCarna wrote:I have the same impression, you have to try one by one, pressing CTRL+Z and moving to the other. Notice that some expressions are specific for one model like Aiko, Olympia... they won't look good on a custom model.

Good to hear it's not just me! Models do play a factor as you mention. One of the characters I'm using has her own version that you select from the characters. However when I use this option, her mouth looks like she ate something sour. When I use the g3 base and apply the models head her mouth is properly shaped. Took me awhile to figure that out as I couldn't find an option to adjust her mouth. I did notice in her promo images that she is shown with little mouth expression.

Some Zeddicuss' expressions allows you to apply just a percent of the expression, just like the base model expressions. This allows you to combine expressions and get what you want.

Don't think I've seen a partial apply outside of the slider options. I have seen where they offer top and bottom options that do allow more flexibility. I've been doing closeups of the girls faces prior to creating a set and trying out various expression options to see how they turn out in texture mode. Have run into too many times when I'm rendering and then discover that I don't the expression so I choose them beforehand.

If you don't want to study dForce just yet, here is my suggestions:
For gaps, apply smooth modifier on the model, increase the number of interactions and colisions one by one, and see the results. Usually works, if is taking too long, just use Photoshop stamp;
For sags, if you want the skirt to be over the chair, on smooth modifier, change the target from the model to the chair. Sometimes you have to render twice(one for model, one for chair) and overlap images later.
For points up, I hate those, I cursed a lot of creators because of that, sometimes the skirt become completely crazy. Sometimes the only way is to fit the skirt to "none", it will fly away from the model.
Apply the same translation values of the model to skirt, and ajust rotation values to give the impression that the skirt is where it should be. It's painful, but works. You can change the parent of an object without apply the fit, this make sense?

I didn't get a chance yet to try the skirt adjustments again. Dforce does sound a bit challenging. I don't have photoshop. Does gimp have a similar stamp option? I'm not familiar with smooth modifier but I've copied your suggestions so I can work through them in steps and see if I can make them work. The skirt does come with all sorts of adjustments so may be a bit of a learning curve for that. I have run into apply fit options in the past when an asset wasn't made for the particular model series I was using. I've also used the daz fit program in the past with good results. Will go through your steps and see if I can make the skirts look right. Too bad I can't cut the image so the skirts aren't included!
lydia02
lagoon predator

Postby lydia02 » Mon, 19May13 23:15

Ehlanna wrote:GPU-Z is handy for checking on VRAM utilisation. I have it but don't often start it up. Afterburner I start just about as soon as I boot the computer (it's not an autostart program, though it could be) to use with a custom fan speed profile to keep the GPU temp at a 'decent' level( the profile has the fan speed increase quite early on (40% at 20C, 45% and 30C thence up to 90% at 70C) and at full stretch on a render the temp will hover around the 60C level. For software for hardware that's possibly all you need. Software for other stuff would include some form of graphics package, by preference one that handles layers and alpha/transparency, such as the ubiquitous Photoshop or GIMP. I use GIMP because I could not justify buying Photoshop and now they have gone to subscription refuse to do so ;)

I came across GPU through an internet search trying to confirm why one of my renders was taking so long. As mentioned in other posts, various options show me that my card wasn't being used. I've mostly used the delete the items not in the shot approach. Did try a software that tells you about items included in the scene and provides the option to reduce their size. I did play around with that one as I'd read it was good for reducing render times. Not sure about quality loss so I haven't been using it lately.

Thanks for the afterburner info. So when I render I can expect something at the 90% 70c range? The default setting shows a temperature limit of 84c which I presume means it is monitoring for this level and will reduce activity if it is reached. Is this a good setting?

Good to hear that you use gimp as photoshop is very popular. I'll need to be looking into tutorials for gimp later once I get my renders better under control so I can reduce my process time and get the results that I'd like.
lydia02
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games