Daz render guidance - Earth Girls

Tips, techniques and tutorials about creation tools.

Daz render guidance - Earth Girls

Postby lydia02 » Sun, 19May05 20:30

I'm creating a new game called Earth Girls are and would appreciate guidance on the following renders.

Some before & after renders that I've tried to address. Appreciate comments on what went well with the fixes and what would further improve them:

School hallway before:
Image]

School hallway after:

Classroom seems well lit but skin textures looks off before:

Classroom skin texture adj after:

Appreciate all feedback. Thanks.
lydia02
lagoon predator

sex: Female

Re: Daz render guidance - Earth Girls

Postby MaxCarna » Mon, 19May06 05:18

In the first, there was a huge improvement on the stairs, with little impact on the character.

In the second, I only could notice difference on the blue shirt girl and the blonde, they were too pale before, then gained a more vivid color. Maybe on the blond it is just a impression due the removal of the red lipstick.

You must evaluate the amount of time that you spent here, the change is almost imperceptible compared to the first example.

I can't say exactly what it is, but there is something strange in the smile of the dragon hair girl, it's like the mouth is a little indented. Can't say if is the shape or the pose. The smile on the blue shirt girl is beautiful.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby lydia02 » Tue, 19May07 21:13

MaxCarna wrote:In the first, there was a huge improvement on the stairs, with little impact on the character.

I did focus on the stairs, railings, and wall materials as they were flooded with light & too bright. From your mention in my game thread, I got to playing around with the dome settings like you mentioned and this also improved the set a great deal. Will play around with these settings more and then see about putting the characters back in once it looks good to try another render.

In the second, I only could notice difference on the blue shirt girl and the blonde, they were too pale before, then gained a more vivid color.

I spend most of my time on the girl in blue. I followed a skin tutorial to adjust some settings. The largest difference is when I went to a pinkish color under the red green blue options instead of the white that was the standard setting. Will try spotlights for the girls. Got confused over the lighting as the room seems brightly lit but it wasn't lighting the character faces. Leaving them pale and lending to the skin tone issues that I was trying to figure out.

Maybe on the blond it is just a impression due the removal of the red lipstick.

You must evaluate the amount of time that you spent here, the change is almost imperceptible compared to the first example.

I did change the blonde lipstick to a pink shade. I also applied a more pinkish skin tone to her but didn't have as good as results as I did with the girl in blue. As you say, need to consider the time/reward exchange on projects. Willing to invest the time in this project as understanding the skin tone issue is something I will need for all my future renders so it's a learning experience.

I can't say exactly what it is, but there is something strange in the smile of the dragon hair girl, it's like the mouth is a little indented. Can't say if is the shape or the pose. The smile on the blue shirt girl is beautiful.

Good eye for the hair. I believe I went too far on the smile expression as it is one of those dial options. I was wondering if it was too much and appreciate an expert to confirm that my eye got the issue right in this case. Thanks for the confirmation of the girl in blue also. I play around with a ton of expression options trying to get something that looks good and fitting for the text to go with the scene. Any suggestions on your approach for expressions?
lydia02
lagoon predator

Postby MaxCarna » Wed, 19May08 03:00

lydia02 wrote:Willing to invest the time in this project as understanding the skin tone issue is something I will need for all my future renders so it's a learning experience.

Sure, every time spent on learning is a profitable time, my point was that changing skin textures take a long time. We usually made that just once, when we intend to create a new unique model. If you change that on every scene varying according to the environment light, your production will be very torturing.

lydia02 wrote:Good eye for the hair. I believe I went too far on the smile expression as it is one of those dial options. I was wondering if it was too much and appreciate an expert to confirm that my eye got the issue right in this case. Thanks for the confirmation of the girl in blue also. I play around with a ton of expression options trying to get something that looks good and fitting for the text to go with the scene. Any suggestions on your approach for expressions?

I got disappointed with almost all expressions packs from creators that I bought, so I use mostly the basic pack https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-expressions

In the beginning I used to use only the expressions section, then I started to move mouth, eyes, eyebrows... I believe that I will be pro when I master the move of cheeks, nose... all element working to provide the expression I want to transmit.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby LRM » Wed, 19May08 03:23

Max;
The resident that stole my heart for forum involvement was Lady T (I with Shark's approval gave her that title).
You, sir, are striving for Lord M.
On behalf of the entire lagoon, Thank you.
LRM
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby MaxCarna » Wed, 19May08 04:27

LRM wrote:Max;
The resident that stole my heart for forum involvement was Lady T (I with Shark's approval gave her that title).
You, sir, are striving for Lord M.
On behalf of the entire lagoon, Thank you.
LRM

Thank you, my friend. I guess I was missing someone with so many interest, which is very nice to the forum.

I'm still shocked with Tlaero retirement [img]images/icones/icon11.gif[/img]
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby lydia02 » Wed, 19May08 21:09

MaxCarna wrote:Sure, every time spent on learning is a profitable time, my point was that changing skin textures take a long time. We usually made that just once, when we intend to create a new unique model. If you change that on every scene varying according to the environment light, your production will be very torturing.

So true that I've gotten bogged down on the skin texture for the girl in blue. Your suggestion to render her solo let me see what I could expect from her standard options and allowed me to move on to a custom solution. I will be comparing my options I created and selecting how I'll be creating her going forward. Have plenty of other areas to work on. Like rendering all the scenes she's in again so she'll appear consistent throughout. Good thing to establish early to greatly reduce the number of changes needed to be made. Will make the renders look better as her grey skin tone bugged me as I felt she could look so much better.

MaxCarna wrote:I got disappointed with almost all expressions packs from creators that I bought, so I use mostly the basic pack https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-expressions

In the beginning I used to use only the expressions section, then I started to move mouth, eyes, eyebrows... I believe that I will be pro when I master the move of cheeks, nose... all element working to provide the expression I want to transmit.

Thanks. Surprised to hear that one set has enough expression range to cover a wide variety of actions.

I certainly add my thanks to Max for the incredible help he's been guiding me through the daz process.
lydia02
lagoon predator

Postby MaxCarna » Wed, 19May08 22:34

lydia02 wrote:I certainly add my thanks to Max for the incredible help he's been guiding me through the daz process.

You are welcome, I just retransmitting the help that other members gave me when I started
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Return to The workshop of creators