Italian website selling free games

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Italian website selling free games

Postby MaxCarna » Sun, 19Feb10 08:38

Hi friends,

I saw this report on *****. An Italian website is doing translations of free games, changing the name and putting the sale: https://www.giochipremium.com/

When one creator contacted them asking to remove his game, they menaced him telling that they would make people's games taken down. Take a look if this happened to your games.

Original thread: https://*****.com/threads/italian-web ... hem.25212/
MaxCarna
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Re: Italian website selling free games

Postby fleet » Sun, 19Feb10 19:48

When I clicked on giochipremium I received a 'you do not have permission' error message. I'm hoping somebody contacted that site's server host and posted a DRM notification.
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

Postby MaxCarna » Tue, 19Feb12 00:08

Didn't know that the website that I mentioned was banned here, any specific reason?

The italians are still on, Milf City by Icstor being sold by €9.99. Just checked now.

I believe that us, small creators are very susceptible to this kind of bad people attacks. This is very perturbing.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby shark » Tue, 19Feb12 00:19

MaxCarna wrote:Didn't know that the website that I mentioned was banned here, any specific reason?

Just to avoid advertising to hackers...
shark
Site Admin

Postby MaxCarna » Tue, 19Feb12 04:02

shark wrote:Just to avoid advertising to hackers...

Okay, I won't mention it again
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 19Feb17 18:02

They should be called: ChopShop.com :lol: they chop up some amount of games, mish mash them together, rename them and actually claim them then as their own work to sell to clueless people.

Sad to see, but it is always expected some amount of noobs will do this to other peoples games.
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Mortze » Mon, 19Apr08 18:16

That's really upsetting that they're doing it in the open.
Hacking a game and putting it freely in your site, profiting from ads alone is already bad.
Asking money for the game is preposterous. I would accept if they made some agreement with each game devs and charged for the actual translation of the games but I sincerely doubt that it's what is happening.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Wed, 19Apr10 20:15

Mortze wrote:That's really upsetting that they're doing it in the open.
Hacking a game and putting it freely in your site, profiting from ads alone is already bad.
Asking money for the game is preposterous. I would accept if they made some agreement with each game devs and charged for the actual translation of the games but I sincerely doubt that it's what is happening.

You are correct, it is not what is happening, I was chatting to most of the Devs whose games have been stolen, and they have tried everything legal wise to get the site taken down, and have their content removed, but as yet these stealing bastards dont seem to be going anywhere, and they are still doing new chop ups on new games.
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Return to The beach