Summer Time Saga

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Summer Time Saga

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 18May06 20:38

HeyChief wrote:I agree it is a great game, frustrating at times but that is why I like it.

true if it was to easy or clearly predictable than it would be boring, I see version 16 is coming along nicely and he has a poll up now for votes for version 17 content :D
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby tlaero » Mon, 18May07 01:52

Hey Shark,

I definitely support the new rules. I think I had part in suggesting them. And I'll follow them without complaint.

I'm wondering, though, whether we should revisit them again. We recently had the situation where I released an episode for free to the public and no one knew because it was "Other Sexy" instead of "Free Sexy."

What is the chance that, in today's world, people are going to release many more "Saving Chloe" style games where they do development for a year and then release it all at once? Keeping our fans has largely required that we engage more frequently with them, which pushes us to the "Episode" model. If the trend continues, "Free Sexy Games" is going to get pretty sparse.

A potential different criteria for deciding between "Free" and "Other" is whether you can play the game for free vs have to pay for it. As things currently stand, it's hard to tell by the lagoon layout whether you have to pay actual money for games or can play them free.

It looks to me like 9 of the most current 10 threads here are for games that people can play without paying anything for. I'll admit to selfishly preferring to have my games back in the "Free Sexy Games" forum, but it seems like the readers on the lagoon would be better served by knowing which games they don't need to pay for than by knowing which ones are episodic or patron time delayed.

Just something to think about.
Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby MaxCarna » Mon, 18May07 03:18

tlaero wrote:Hey Shark,

I definitely support the new rules. I think I had part in suggesting them. And I'll follow them without complaint.

I'm wondering, though, whether we should revisit them again. We recently had the situation where I released an episode for free to the public and no one knew because it was "Other Sexy" instead of "Free Sexy."

What is the chance that, in today's world, people are going to release many more "Saving Chloe" style games where they do development for a year and then release it all at once? Keeping our fans has largely required that we engage more frequently with them, which pushes us to the "Episode" model. If the trend continues, "Free Sexy Games" is going to get pretty sparse.

A potential different criteria for deciding between "Free" and "Other" is whether you can play the game for free vs have to pay for it. As things currently stand, it's hard to tell by the lagoon layout whether you have to pay actual money for games or can play them free.

It looks to me like 9 of the most current 10 threads here are for games that people can play without paying anything for. I'll admit to selfishly preferring to have my games back in the "Free Sexy Games" forum, but it seems like the readers on the lagoon would be better served by knowing which games they don't need to pay for than by knowing which ones are episodic or patron time delayed.

Tlaero

I made some reflections about this on the creators page, users are supporting more projects that they can watch it grows, how it changes along the time, instead of ready products. I believe that all developers will realize that at some point and change his delivery model.

I found the new rules to be a major improvement, but probably completed games are something that will became rare.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 18May07 03:20

tlaero wrote:Hey Shark,

Tlaero

Ya know Tlaero, it is not often You and I find common ground on most subjects :lol: but on this one I agree with You, most game Devs are not doing the high pressure year long games anymore, most are doing episodes which update set parts of their game, like this games Dev and his team do set episode updates, and once said Dev gets his pay day, the game is released for free then always, very few game Devs are taking on all the un-needed stress and pressure of big games spanning up to a year and then release and members have to fault find and then wait another year for next game and so on.

Seems like most Devs do not want all that BS and stress and pressure anymore and now release in chapters/episodes and release free, so the Sexy Free Games board needs an update and revamp to include free games which are updated in episodes.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 18May07 03:25

MaxCarna wrote:
I made some reflections about this on the creators page, users are supporting more projects that they can watch it grows, how it changes along the time, instead of ready products. I believe that all developers will realize that at some point and change his delivery model.

I found the new rules to be a major improvement, but probably completed games are something that will became rare.

I agree with You, completed games will and already are becoming rare and will eventually become a thing of the past in favor of chapter/episode style fast updates.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Tao Dude » Mon, 18May07 13:37

It's no biggie for me as i check both forums regularly. However, it looks as though the Patreon business model is driving devs towards incremental releases using an Agile programming model that allows them to engage better with their supporters.

I would support the argument that quite a few games in this 'Other' forum are effectively free by the time the latest version is released to the public and should feature in the 'Free' forum. The 'free' version in these cases is just a delayed delivery of the 'paid' version, and there is no difference in features or functionality. In effect, Patrons of these games are paying for early access to a beta version that will have most of the major bugs knocked out of it by the time it is made public. The fact that Patrons of some of these games receive other benefits, such as images or animations that are not part of the game should not be a criterion for classifying the game as 'paid for'.

I would argue that the sort of games that should remain in this 'Other' forum are those where the game requires some sort of payment before a game version (or linked website) offering significant extra in-game features, such as higher resolution images, additional scenes or 'cheat menus' can be accessed.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

Postby PinkVendeta » Tue, 18May08 18:34

Some new juicy details about version 17 :D

Results:
Diane won with just over 40 more votes than Jenny! (Diane: 1192 / Jenny: 1152). Which means we will be focusing our efforts onto Diane for the update following Roxxy. Once Diane is over, we will follow with Jenny for 0.18.

Why were there only two options?:
Jenny and Diane are the last 2 characters which are on the old codebase and are causing issues in the game currently. Bringing them over to our new codebase will help solve a lot of bugs and reoccurring issues players have had. Having the entire game switched to the new codebase will also allow us to work towards making saved files compatible across versions, which has been one of the main complaints about SS so far.

What can I expect from Diane's update (0.17)?:
Diane has a decent story flow so far, but her ending is rushed and could use some polish and closure. We will be adding a stronger ending to her story with many new events leading to pregnancy (and the pregnancy feature!). There will be a greater emphasis on her milk business, where she appears around her house and how the player interacts with Diane and her business. Diane will also be able to move in with Debbie! Her home will reveal a surprise ending, new hscenes and animations will also be added, as well as old scene reworks.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Sat, 18Jun16 19:28

Saw a chat on a possible change for the car dealership owner from middle aged bearded guy to well see for yourself :lol:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/character-rework-19435580

Also someone came up with a great idea for the mob boss being a shirtless Putin [img]smile/eek.gif[/img] :lol:

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Wed, 18Jul25 09:28

Well version 16 is out now, happy days.

Use Mega to download it as it is uber fast.

Link to download page is below.

0.16 Changelog:

New Locations:

Trailer park: Frontyard, Tractor, Clyde's Shack's Frontyard, Clyde's Shack Interior.
Mrs Smith's House: Frontyard, Entrance, Basement, Upper floor, Bedroom.
Pizzeria: Added the kitchen and Storage room.
Beach: Added the guard tower, Cabins, Side beach.
New Character Events:

Roxxy's Story.
Crystal.
Clyde.
Becca & Missy.
Minigames:

Shooting range.
Dexter fight.
Basketball.
Spin the bottle.
Pizza minigame has been reworked to allow you to upgrade your vehicle.
All the minigames (but the rap battle and poker) have been reworked and improved for consistency with the new coding style.
Cellphone minigame.
New sex scenes:

Foursome.
Crystal.
Roxxy.
Roxxy locker.
Becca.
Missy.
New Dialogues:

Roxxy's intro has been reworked.
A character has made his appearance at the pier!
Roxxy, Becca, Missy and Dexter new dialogues.
Kim is plotting his dominion at the Car Dealership.
New Features:

The game now saves automatically on location changes. It needs more polishing, but you can enable/disable it in settings.
Achievements! You can now track your progress with meaningless achievements that will be logged in your phone.
Goal Tracker: You can check the progress with major characters with the cellphone goal tracker.
Battery icon on cellphone updates with the time of the day.
Android users get mod support.
New setting for people who'd like the latest dialogues for Admiral Sploosh.
You can now sleep in the beach house once purchased.
New bed jerk scene with Roxxy.
Rework of the codebase:

New Location system has been implemented.
FSMs are now used to get the location of a character.
New Game class to remove even more global variables, has been partially implemented.
Separated dialog from the logic.
Reworked the cellphone with a comeback for the quest log that is not quite functionnal yet.
Cassie has been moved to an FSM.
Anna has been moved to an FSM.
Tony has been moved to an FSM.
Latinas have been moved to an FSM as well.
A debug menu has been integrated to the game to serve as console replacement for android.
Bug fixes:

Fixed Teddy bear in Mia's room's background to be daytime when it was night.
All softlocks should be resolved.
School chatter sound at night fixed.
Save resetting fixed.
Art asset touchups.
Typos.

https://summertimesaga.com/download

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby MrThicker » Sun, 18Jul29 01:56

Undoubtedly one of the best eroge game. It inspired me to create my own game with Ren'py.
MrThicker
sirens hunter

Postby PinkVendeta » Wed, 18Aug01 09:41

MrThicker wrote:Undoubtedly one of the best eroge game. It inspired me to create my own game with Ren'py.

You are right, it is an epic game in general, and it shows what Ren'py is capable of fully.

Ver 16 came out and it had a good few bugs in it, I found a lot of bugs, as did many of DarkCookie patreons and reported them all back to the game Dev, soon after reporting them, the game Dev and his team ramped up and sorted all bug fixes as per below for ver 16.1

Multiple dialogue and posing improvements for a more consistent experience.
Fixed car dealership crash.
Fixed cat in graveyard crash.
Fixed Okita's fsm resetting.
Fixed labels not being called properly.
Fixed debug menu not being available on android by default, added renpy console shortcut.
Fixed Debbie's scenes, and not being able to sleep with her.
Sara's a bit more expressive.
Masturbate button when sleeping instead of a menu.
Fixed machine's unforce method (no more crashes due to missing keys).
Fixed MC's hand holding photo closeup.
Fixed popup for Mrs. Smith's house.
Fixed infinite buyer stuff for Clyde's drug deal.
Adjusted animation speed of Roxxy's sex scenes.
Changed Roxxy sex variables from bool to int.
Fixed pizza minigame double click.
Fixed bad guys driveby triggering on wrong place.
Fixed Bissette's scene out of order.
Pompom lollipop softlocks removed.
Fixed rain vfx not being applied properly during rox16 (romance in the rain).
Fixed location forcing taking on previous force in unwanted day times.
Roxxy's trophy now appears in her bedroom after the contest.
Fixed Roxxy scenes playing repeatable dialogues instead of initial.
Fixed basketball minigame conditionals for after scenes.
Fixed faceplant art not showing at end of pushup minigame.
Added hard pause at end of pushup minigame to prevent skipping.

Info on ver 17, ver 18 and a poll for ver 19 is below also:

0.19 content poll!
After 0.17 (Diane), we've planned to work on Jenny (0.18) but we're now polling for the following update in 0.19!

Here's a list of the poll options:

Erik extended story, new Mrs. Johnson and June content, Save file compatibility!
Mia extended story, new Helen and Nun Angelica content, and their pregnancy!
Dating system which adds romance mid-game (Mia for now).
Annie, Mrs. Smith and the underground cult.
Judith and her Mom's Donut shop, the latinas.
Eve, her sister and the tattoo parlour.
Ronda, the athletics team and Cassie the lifeguard.
The main story, Maria and her pregnancy, the car dealership, bad guys.
The librarian and the sex addicts club.
Coach bridget, last teacher, her pregnancy (smaller update).
Teachers extended stories, new content, new hscenes and their pregnancies.

New version 16.1 can be found at the link below, use Mega when downloading as it is super fast.
https://summertimesaga.com/download

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Fri, 18Sep07 20:59

I was just looking up content on this game and this is what is in it.

Anal
Breastfeeding
Exhibitionism
Glasses
Gloryhole
Group MM/F
Group FF/M
Harem
Impregnation
Latex
Librarian
Mild BDSM
MILF
Milking
Monster Girl
Muscle Girl
Nurse
Public Sex
Spanking
Toys
Trap
Vanilla M/F
Vanilla M/M
Voyeurism

But no real full on Lesbian at all, seems weird somewhat to cater to everything else and miss that one :lol:

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Greebo » Sat, 18Sep08 01:24

Hmm, I wonder how many lesbians are breathing a sigh of relief not to have been included? [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby PinkVendeta » Sat, 18Sep08 13:04

Greebo wrote:Hmm, I wonder how many lesbians are breathing a sigh of relief not to have been included? [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]

True somewhat I guess :D

I wonder how many Lesbians are actually fuming though at the mere fact they were completely left out :D :lol:

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Incognito » Mon, 18Oct01 04:22

I started playing this a couple of weeks ago. Just got every path finished, except Ms. Okita. I got the issue where Judith won't go to the park. I started without looking at the wiki until I got stuck... I was working on all the paths at once, oh well, I'll start over. Really cool game, I enjoyed it a lot.
Incognito
sirens hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games