share the videos you like

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: share the videos you like

Postby Joe.Pizza » Sun, 18Apr29 00:00

Old school Cheap Trick. Saw this band 25 years ago when they opened for REO Speedwagon.

"I Want You to Want Me" This performance was lip synched from the "Live from Budokan" recording. (Recognized the Japanese girls' cheering in the background.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJs_L7yq5qE

"Ain't that a Shame" This is a cover of a 1955 hit song Fats Domino wrote and performed. Cheap Trick rocked it up in the late 70's with this performance. The "Live at Budokan" album made their careers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C-jXJl0Zrg

"Surrender" A fun song. I picture a teenage boy writing about his Cleaver or Nelson family parents being OK, but too straight-laced only to be surprised his folks are sexual beings. :lol: This is not the best rendition, but Rick Nielsen's checkered Gibson Explorer is cool looking. (Note: due to the customization, it is most likely a Hamer). At the concert I went to Rick played a five neck guitar for this song and used all five.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqB9lhHqmsE
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 18Apr29 11:05

I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Greebo » Sun, 18Apr29 15:21

Joe.Pizza wrote:At the concert I went to Rick played a five neck guitar for this song and used all five.

Five neck guitar?! [img]smile/eek.gif[/img] Wouldn't that be like one of the labours of Hercules -- strangling the Hydra? What instruments did it emulate -- bass, six string, twelve string, banjo and uke? From Duane Eddy to George Formby via Country and Western and Duelling Banjos!
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Joe.Pizza » Mon, 18Apr30 03:29

Greebo wrote:Wouldn't that be like one of the labours of Hercules -- strangling the Hydra? What instruments did it emulate -- bass, six string, twelve string, banjo and uke? From Duane Eddy to George Formby via Country and Western and Duelling Banjos!

Top neck is a twelve string, middle neck six string with a tremolo bar, the bottom neck is a six string fretless. The second and fourth necks look the same with six strings. Nielsen liked custom guitars and liked ones that reflect his unique personality.

Partial quote from the designer of the guitar Jol Dantzig, (source guitarplayer website):
"The original idea was to have three necks, which had to do with Rick’s sense of humor. Rush, at the time, had two guys playing doublenecks and Rick wanted to parody that with three necks. And then I suggested four necks and then of course he said, “Well, why not five?” I’m sure it would have gone to six or seven but we ran out of physical space where you could actually play it. So it was a conversation like that and then he left it totally in my hands. We talked a little bit about having the different necks do different things but it was mainly a great sight gag."

Rick had three made. Google Rick Nielsen five neck to see what they looked like.
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

Postby Mimailia » Mon, 18Apr30 11:03

Joe.Pizza wrote:Google Rick Nielsen five neck to see what they looked like.

I couldn't tell, does he use a "strap" or a "harness"! :lol:

M
I can't figure out how to use the signature!
Mimailia
star of the reef

Postby Greebo » Mon, 18Apr30 12:23

Mimailia wrote:I couldn't tell, does he use a "strap" or a "harness"! :lol:

M

Maybe he uses the same techniques Anton Du Beke used to lift Ann Widdecombe in Strictly Come Dancing [img]smile/eek.gif[/img] :lol: :

I think this might help anyone wishing to practise the initial technique:

Last edited by Greebo on Sat, 18May05 22:52, edited 1 time in total.
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Joe.Pizza » Tue, 18May01 03:31

Mimailia wrote:I couldn't tell, does he use a "strap" or a "harness"! :lol:
M

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Looking at a bunch of pics, it looks like a standard length guitar strap. It was funny watching Nielsen play it. When playing the bottom neck he really had to rotate the guitar hard so he could reach it. Sure, it was a gimmick, but it was fun to watch. Part of the charm of seeing Cheap Trick in concert.
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

Postby Sarchx » Sat, 18May05 16:56

Sarchx
Sarchx
lagoon predator

Postby Greebo » Sat, 18May05 17:11

"This video contains content from Fremantle - Britain's Got Talent, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"

Sasserfrassing c*pyr*ght! I could watch BGT free on TV in 'my country' but I can't watch an excerpt on Youtube? It's almost as bad as the US shows that get all frothed up about losing money to piracy when they won't even make provision for us overseas 'pirates' to purchase a viewing legally/locally!

I was a keen viewer of 'Castle' until the appalling Series 8 (actually Series 7 wasn't worth the loo paper it was crayoned on either) that ran roughshod over the creators' original 'love story' premise and in the absence of those creative writers, Andrew Marlowe and Terri Miller, ended up dropping the much loved female lead, Stana Katic, and botched the remains of the show out of existence. I 'pirated' all the episodes because the show was unavailable legally in the UK until a year after the US release and stayed a year in arrears from then onwards -- I could have watched legally for free as long as I didn't mind being 12 months behind US viewers, but why the hell should I? Dr Who is simulcast around the world nowadays, so why can't other 'Digital Rights' brandishing show runners do the same?
Last edited by Greebo on Sun, 18May06 14:15, edited 1 time in total.
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Joe.Pizza » Sun, 18May06 02:51

Greebo wrote:"This video contains content from Fremantle - Britain's Got Talent, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"
Sasserfrassing c*pyr*ght!

LOL! I was able to access to video. The title is "OMG 68 Year Old Sings AC/DC Highway To Hell! SIMON is SHOCKED!! Britain´s Got Talent 2018". Maybe you can do a search for an alternate you can watch.
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

Postby Greebo » Sun, 18May06 13:51

After a couple more blocked ones I clicked on a link that let me see her rocking performance (but only after showing me a pretty fantastic magic/illusion act first!)

Outstanding -- both acts!
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 18May06 20:40

I was able to access it fine to, no issues, she rocked AC/DC, great heavy rock voice on her.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Sarchx » Tue, 18May08 19:08

Well, here's another one - something different.....

Donna Summer cover (I feel love), with an amazing stage performance (and voice).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vBKI3ya-l0&start_radio=1&list=RD8vBKI3ya-l0
Sarchx
Sarchx
lagoon predator

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 18May13 12:00

This song was ahead of its time, great song also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpYeekQkAdc

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Joe.Pizza » Tue, 18Jun12 04:46

Last Saturday, Justify became the 13th horse since 1919 to win the Triple Crown. There was whining from another owner that the owner of Justify had another horse in the Belmont Stakes, (final race of the Triple Crown), who was blocking for Justify. I took a look at the race on YouTube and saw that Justify pretty much lead most of the way and won convincingly. Seems like sour grapes.

After the video ended, YouTube started another video. The 1973 Belmont Stakes where Secretariat destroyed the field to win the Triple Crown setting a record time that still stands today. It was a fond memory of my childhood as I watched the live broadcast of the race. Even though the video lacks, watching Big Red run this race never grows old for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfCMtaNiMDM
Last edited by Joe.Pizza on Wed, 18Jun13 03:10, edited 1 time in total.
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to The beach