THREAD NUKED

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Farmer's Dreams by MuseX

Postby CobraPL » Fri, 18Mar02 18:33

THREAD NUKED
Last edited by CobraPL on Tue, 18Oct30 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
CobraPL
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby HeyChief » Mon, 18Apr02 22:29

HI all I subscribed at the $35 level but can not for the life of me figure out how to install the "cheat" feature. Yes I D/L the file but now what should I do, it stated to extract and install in game folder but nothing happens? Help! [img]kator/smiley19.gif[/img]
HeyChief
lagoon predator

Postby JFR » Mon, 18Apr02 22:53

HeyChief wrote:HI all I subscribed at the $35 level but can not for the life of me figure out how to install the "cheat" feature. Yes I D/L the file but now what should I do, it stated to extract and install in game folder but nothing happens? Help! [img]kator/smiley19.gif[/img]

It is very poorly implemented. I fooled around with it awhile and gave up. I found it better to just play the game as released. [img]images/icones/icon5.gif[/img]
JFR
star of the reef

Postby CobraPL » Wed, 18Apr04 16:45

THREAD NUKED
Last edited by CobraPL on Tue, 18Oct30 20:15, edited 3 times in total.
CobraPL
great white shark

Postby JFR » Wed, 18Apr04 19:54

CobraPL wrote:There is 5.9 Free version of the game!!!
https://mega.nz/#!QFMi1Y5B!hNiI8fwhKGl3 ... 1aLzhLvaEk

I just reported a game killing bug for v.5.9 on the Patreon page. This is not yet ready for prime time for new players. Existing players who havve late-game saves may be able to continue from those saves.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby CobraPL » Wed, 18Apr04 21:21

THREAD NUKED
Last edited by CobraPL on Tue, 18Oct30 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
CobraPL
great white shark

Postby JFR » Wed, 18Apr04 21:44

CobraPL wrote:... Hotfix for free version: https://mega.nz/#!RcMjiAIY!pwVjFnb4oyQy ... wU8aQNf1NI

The 2 fixes correct some of the reported bugs but they created some new ones. Reported on the P page.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby JFR » Wed, 18Apr04 23:00

JFR wrote:
CobraPL wrote:... Hotfix for free version: https://mega.nz/#!RcMjiAIY!pwVjFnb4oyQy ... wU8aQNf1NI

The 2 fixes correct some of the reported bugs but they created some new ones. Reported on the P page.

The "Fix 2" bug has been "fixed." It repairs some of the bugs but others are still rendering the game virtually unplayable. I'd suggest waiting until they kill more of the bugs before trying this release.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby Falconer » Thu, 18Apr05 21:53

It´s generally a safe bet to wait until the big fixes are done and a standalone version of the game with the fixes comes out.
Falconer
Pilot fish

Postby JFR » Fri, 18Apr06 03:01

Falconer wrote:It´s generally a safe bet to wait until the big fixes are done and a standalone version of the game with the fixes comes out.

It looks like "Fix 3" has taken care of all the bugs that we found. Hopefully Cobra will post it here soon. It goes with the public release above and makes it quite playable and fun.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby CobraPL » Fri, 18Apr06 08:38

THREAD NUKED
Last edited by CobraPL on Tue, 18Oct30 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
CobraPL
great white shark

Postby jeharris25 » Sun, 18Apr08 19:08

I really want to like this game, as it seems like a very interesting take on Stardew Valley (and I suppose the games that inspired it). However, this is also a tad buggy. (even with the fix mentioned above)

When the player is in the village, the game can slow to a crawl for a few seconds. I also used the chest outside of Redd's house as a storage locker, since my inventory was full. When clicking to bring something back, it simply disappeared. When crafting Redd's medicine (again with a full inventory), the ingredients disappeared from inventory, but medicine was nowhere to be found.
One character asked me to deliver a letter. I did so, yet that letter is still in my inventory afterward, and I could deliver it over and over for a boatload of honor.

I'm not sure if this is me not understanding the controls or not, but when trying to use the tools like watering can, hoe, and scythe, I'm having trouble orienting correctly. I had several crops in a row, and my character was in the middle of that row. Character was facing right, but I couldn't figure out how to turn him around to get the one immediately on the left. Had to walk several squares away, and then come back in order to get that last crop watered.

I'm also haven't quite figured out who I can sell the crops to, even though I'm sure I saw it mentioned in the opening.

There seems to be quite a lot of promise here once the game gets a bit more polished. Until then, poor Redd is just going to have to suffer, because I lost his medicine.
jeharris25
Pilot fish

Postby JFR » Sun, 18Apr08 20:11

jeharris25 wrote:... However, this is also a tad buggy. (even with the fix mentioned above)

When the player is in the village, the game can slow to a crawl for a few seconds. I also used the chest outside of Redd's house as a storage locker, since my inventory was full. When clicking to bring something back, it simply disappeared. When crafting Redd's medicine (again with a full inventory), the ingredients disappeared from inventory, but medicine was nowhere to be found.
One character asked me to deliver a letter. I did so, yet that letter is still in my inventory afterward, and I could deliver it over and over for a boatload of honor.

I'm not sure if this is me not understanding the controls or not, but when trying to use the tools like watering can, hoe, and scythe, I'm having trouble orienting correctly. I had several crops in a row, and my character was in the middle of that row. Character was facing right, but I couldn't figure out how to turn him around to get the one immediately on the left. Had to walk several squares away, and then come back in order to get that last crop watered.

I'm also haven't quite figured out who I can sell the crops to, even though I'm sure I saw it mentioned in the opening.

There seems to be quite a lot of promise here once the game gets a bit more polished. Until then, poor Redd is just going to have to suffer, because I lost his medicine.

No, this version is not "a bit" buggy, it is a LOT buggy. All the things you have found and more. It is a shame as the previous version (R4.9) was well done and worked great.

A few things to try. When equipping a tool, the white square shows where the tool will work. If you are not seeing the white square, then you have a bugged version. Make sure you have Patch "Fix 2" installed. Just replace the "www" folder in the game with the new one in the patch. I some circumstances, there is no way to just turn around. Then the character must back up and fill or just walk around in a circle.

Selling is simple but not obvious. Go see the Elder after the medicine quest and talk to him. He will give you another Quest to donate food crops to the village. From then on, you can take your crops to the big chest behind the Elder. Open it and you will enter the "Sell" function.

You can always go back to the forest with Aaron to find more ingredients for Redd's medicine. If you don't have the recipe, then you did not talk to the Elder when you got the first dose. I solved the problem of disappearing medicine by only making it one dose at a time, just before giving it to Redd. Don't forget to give him some food along with the medicine. Bread works best but in a pinch you can just give him an apple. If you are quick, you can get all the ingredients in one trip to the forest. You need 18 Green Herb and 12 Bitter Root for all the medicine he will need. While there, you can also go on down to the mine to get the Pickax, which you can use to clear rocks on the farm. If there is time, go on into the mine and all the way to the back. There is a bottle of Rum in a crate which you can use later.

The "extra" letter that remains after you deliver it can just be put into the Chest to get it out of your inventory. I am also struggling with the disappearing items in the Chest. I just keep everything I will need later in my Inventory. That means I need to limit crops to just a few so I'll have room.

I agree that this will be a fun game when he gets all these bugs fixed. I know he is working on them but it is frustrating.
JFR
star of the reef

Postby Tao Dude » Wed, 18Apr11 16:07

MuseX is normally pretty good/quick at fixing bugs, but he also does coding for palmer's games, and so does not have as much free time as he used to.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

Previous

Return to Other sexy games