Romancing the Kingdom .45 Free Public Download

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Romancing the Kingdom .45 Free Public Download

Postby jilliangates77 » Sun, 17Oct01 23:56

What's Romancing the Kingdom about and how far along is it?

Romancing the Kingdom, a game I’ve been working on for over a year. The latest public release can be found below.

A brief description of the game: Polly, heir to the throne, is anxious about her duties in ascending to such a responsibility. Among them, producing an heir, ruling and being with a man. Does she pursue her destiny, or does she carve her own path?

Gameplay in the current free release has unique content through day 16, future updates will always have more. January's release was the biggest life to date at the time and then the February 2018 release (free to public in a few days) is even bigger.

I've been issuing monthly updates for the last year or so and since losing my day job I have been steadily improving and increasing my production capacity.

Change-log below covering the changes from .40 to .45:
First, what's new in the latest .45 update?

* My biggest monthly update for this game since I started. More support, and free time, means I've put in a lot more effort into making this a very fun update.

Some stats and a bit of detail so you know what's in the update:

88 new images in game (71 story, 30 animation) (compared to a total of 74 last month with animation, so a bit more visuals).

* 6 new riding to Camelot renders (previously just referred to as "the city,")

* 42 Camelot arrival and inn with Polly's interrogation of the Inn's staff

* 10 Camelot departure scene

* 9 new throne room scene

* 3 new travel / background images

* 1 new 30 frame animation (f/f oral scene)

Where do I get the current free version?
My blog, here, version .45:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/romancing-45-for-16433062

Links in the post about how to download via my website or Mega; my website may end up slower, YMMV.

Thanks for letting me share with the the Lagoon audience; everyone here was super helpful with making Superspy Steve come to life.
Last edited by jilliangates77 on Tue, 18Mar27 00:23, edited 5 times in total.
jilliangates77
great white shark

sex: Female

Re: Princess of Persia

Postby shark » Mon, 17Oct02 07:13

If the game is following the rules,
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2433
there should be no problem
shark
Site Admin

sex: Masculine

Postby Tao Dude » Mon, 17Oct02 17:41

Thanks, Shark

The game steers clear of the banned criteria as far as I can tell, although there is a lesbian scene between identical twin sisters.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

Postby jilliangates77 » Fri, 17Oct27 00:09

Funny that Tao Dude posted this here before me (when ya'll were AMAZING helping me with SuperSpy Steve). He did tell me that he'd share it here, which I appreciated.

You know what happens when real life interferes with what you would *prefer* to be doing? Anyway, that's been a real issue the past month with my ### needing to ### (sorry, too many IRL details => spoils things).

So what's Princess of Persia about and how far along is it?

PoP as I've been referring to it for a while, is a visual novel / dating RPG that takes place in a fantasy Amazon dominated culture. There are neighboring city-states, there are lesbian themes and at the core, there is a "Princess Bride," vibe where despite the backstory, it could be that Captain Jack and Princess Polly are meant to be together. Then again, that's only one perspective and in game, there are two (so far) themes that I've been exploring.

1) What if Polly and Jack are meant to be, and she has no interest in "sowing her wild oats," as some people say?

2) What if Polly is only using Jack to advance her own personal agenda and is using physical intimacy to achieve her goal?

(not as obvious but a third option that leads to a unique ending...)
3) What if she's too trusting, believes in the best of her family (step-sister, etc) and ends up at the pointy end of the consequences?

My goal is to figure out how to improve my renders, animation and most especially, game play in the things I develop. It seems from feedback that the most recent version has enough to be, "Interesting," so if you have time, I hope you take it for a spin and give me feedback: good, bad or indifferent, anything that can help most certainly will result in a better game. Thank you.
jilliangates77
great white shark

Postby Guntag » Fri, 17Oct27 02:35

Thanks for sharing your game ! Maybe you should create an other thread so you could control and update the first post as you wish.
Guntag
lagoon predator

Postby Tao Dude » Thu, 17Nov02 18:38

Guntag wrote:Thanks for sharing your game ! Maybe you should create an other thread so you could control and update the first post as you wish.

Good idea, then we could get the mods to lock this thread with a pointer to the new one.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

Postby LRM » Thu, 17Nov02 19:03

This is already her thread.
I put your opening post as a comment.
She can rename this thread, add or delete parts of the OP and if she wishes can even overwrite your post.
LRM
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Tao Dude » Fri, 17Nov03 18:31

LRM wrote:This is already her thread.
I put your opening post as a comment.
She can rename this thread, add or delete parts of the OP and if she wishes can even overwrite your post.
LRM

Works for me: i didn't know that you could change a thread's owner, otherwise i would have backed that as a way to keep all the posts together.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

Postby jilliangates77 » Mon, 17Nov06 01:02

I updated the intro post. Am planning on doing some more polls etc in the future and would love any & all feedback about the game in progress.

At present, I'm working on the .40 release with a number of improvements, more polish and new content.
jilliangates77
great white shark

Re: Princess of Persia Updated Nov 26th .35 Free Release

Postby jilliangates77 » Sun, 17Nov26 21:57

Bumping this to mention the free release today with two new scenes, two new HD animations, bug fixes & more.

With content through day 12 at present, the game is 40% done and I am trying to crank up the amount of content that goes into the updates; for example, the .35 had more new content than the previous version and I already have more new content bug fixes & improvements in the .40 version than the .35 version had, etc.
jilliangates77
great white shark

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 17Dec03 23:10

Very good game, played it a few days back beginning to end, good story in it, good artwork and animation and worth a play for sure.

When is the next planned update for it?
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby jilliangates77 » Mon, 17Dec11 17:12

Thanks for the comment, PinkVendeta.

I do new builds every month for the public which are behind those for people who are supporting the project.

The latest version .40 has content through day 13/14 depending on what actions you take, etc which will be available on Dec 31st, I've just finished producing it and it's the largest monthly update I've done. More than sixty new renders, new animation, a half dozen new scenes (text only), tons of bug fixes, etc. The .40 release I can't promise is bug free but it's a huge step forward and should allow me to focus on only new content, rather than more edits & fixes of stuff that's been in game for a while.

I've also changed the name, even though I've been working on the game for about a year now, to Romancing the Kingdom. Too many people were confused or had different expectations of what kind of content would be in the game with the other title.
jilliangates77
great white shark

Re: Romancing the Kingdom .40 Free Public Download

Postby jilliangates77 » Sun, 18Jan07 23:28

The latest update went public (version .40) on December 31st, as I mentioned it would in my last post.

I've edited the lead post to reflect the current title (Romancing the Kingdom) and removed mention of the title that has been deprecated for almost six weeks. The name was causing a lot of confusion which I learned was hurting it's potential.

Last month, I had a loss in my family which hit pretty hard, especially after I lost my job the month before. Am applying for new, doing consulting where I can and staying positive: as a result of the crap-storm, I've done two updates back to back that where my 2nd and 1st biggest. Also (will share in another post) am working on a parallel project to Romancing the Kingdom that's if I'm honest, is my best game by a mile, despite the lack of mature visuals, shall we say?

Feedback appreciated. My website has decent traffic, as do some of my social channels (twitter, facebook, Amazon) and am happy to help cross promote.

Happy new year and I hope as I do, you love the new update. I felt like finally, last month when I produced this latest version, the story, the paths and the plot were coming together in a new way.
jilliangates77
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Mon, 18Jan08 03:33

Hey Jillian. I'm sorry to hear about your losses. I hope things start to turn around for you.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

Postby ut1stgear1 » Mon, 18Jan08 06:00

Correct me if I'm wrong please. Just started "Romancing the Kingdom" and it looks like "Princess of Persia". Is that correct?
Edit: After playing further into the game I would say that it started as PoP but has evolved well beyond what I remember. Nice job on the updates. Haven't finished the path I took and can see where I could have made other choices. I finally got Jack back to even or a plus 1.

I hope you can work out what's happening in your real life situation and keep going on this project. If not then you can always come back to it when things are looking up. Best of luck to you.
ut1stgear1
lagoon predator

Next

Return to Other sexy games