Beware Patreon

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Beware Patreon

Postby ut1stgear1 » Tue, 17Dec26 22:33

Patreon used to give you complete access to a creator at the level you pledged at for the entire month you pledged. Just found out that if you delete your pledge at anytime during that month they stop giving you access immediately. So beware if you pledge on Patreon in the future don't delete your pledge until just before they start processing pledges for the next month or you will lose access. Also when pledging they no longer give you credit for pledges made earlier in the same month if you decide to upgrade your pledge, meaning if you pledge at the $1 level at the beginning of the month and decide a week later to pledge at the $5 level they will charge you another $5 instead of only $4. Please let me know if this doesn't belong on the Lagoon and delete this if not appropriate for this forum. Just thought I should let people know to be careful when pledging on Patreon in the future.
ut1stgear1
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Re: Beware Patreon

Postby Greyelf » Tue, 17Dec26 22:52

@ut1stgear1:
I believe (but could be wrong with the new Patreon rules) that the Creator can choose if:

a. Monthly Supporters are charged at the time the make their pledge.
b. Monthly Supporters are charged at the end of the month in which they made their pledge.

I believe the behaviour you are seeing is what happens if a Creator chooses option 1 for their Monthly Supporters.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby ut1stgear1 » Wed, 17Dec27 00:17

Greyelf wrote:@ut1stgear1:
I believe (but could be wrong with the new Patreon rules) that the Creator can choose if:

b. Monthly Supporters are charged at the end of the month in which they made their pledge.

I believe the behaviour you are seeing is what happens if a Creator chooses option 1 for their Monthly Supporters.

Could be since I read the new rules I didn't see that.
But apparently it seems to be somewhere in between since when I made each pledge Patreon informed me that they would continue to charge me the latest amount each month. so it charged me when I made the pledge and said they would take the same amount each month starting in Jan and charged me for both amounts when I made the pledge without deducting the first pledge for Dec.. I will check my statement though to make sure.

Edit: Couldn't tell for sure but there was only one charge that was equal to both pledge amounts so I think I ended getting charged one and a half what I thought I would be so probably some combination of Option 1 and 2. Will be more careful in the future when dealing with Patreon. Thanks again.
ut1stgear1
lagoon predator

Postby Sneezy » Wed, 18Jun13 14:54

Greyelf wrote:@ut1stgear1:

I believe this to be correct, however I would suggest that if you like the work of a creator that you pledge the cup of coffee for them as a thanks.
Creator of Welcome To Inventis. A game about losing your memories and trying to get them back through hypnosis.

I also love cryptocurrencies and poker.
Sneezy
Pilot fish

Return to The beach