DAZ 4.10 - Anyone?

Tips, techniques and tutorials about creation tools.

DAZ 4.10 - Anyone?

Postby Mortze » Mon, 17Nov06 14:12

Hey pals,

Has anyone already tried the new DAZ 4.10?
One of the main features they advertise is the dForce feature, that implements realism in the way clothes adjust to the body and the poses. Of course, only new released products with dForce capabilities work with it. Forget about your old dress in your content library closet.

I haven't tried it yet. I'm very hesitant about new versions of DAZ and their compatibility with the different NVIDIA cards people have. And since I'm in the middle of a game I don't want to take that risk.
But I would love to hear from anyone who has tried it.

Cheers

Mortze
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Re: DAZ 4.10 - Anyone?

Postby MaxCarna » Mon, 17Nov06 17:27

Hi Mortze,

I am using 4.10, everything normal, all products ok.

I haven't tried dForce yet. Daz Originals only came out for Genesis 8, Genesis 3 models are always from third party which I don't have discount.

On Daz Forum some people are complaining about crashes. I believe they need to stabilize the product in the next fixes
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby Eldormain » Wed, 17Nov08 01:32

Hello,

The last two weeks I have been moving and settling in. Now that I am nearing the end of that my mind is pushing me back to DAZ and dForce is something that has been on my mind as well. At this point I have put off getting into trying them. I have seen the same things as MaxCarna at the forums. The dForce clothing looks like it would be great for animations and appears to potentially make things easier for depicting realism in still images. However, I think I have to agree and suggest waiting for some updates. Especially being in the midst of creating a game. I totally agree with your hesitation there.

Eldormain

P: I'll make sure to post again should I find out anything new or pertinent.

[img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
------------------------------------------------------

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine." - Ludwig van Beethoven
Eldormain
lagoon predator

Postby Ehlanna » Mon, 17Nov13 00:42

The new dForce plug-in will work on any item. However, it currently is best used just on clothes. And it is best used on clothes that obey certain rules concerning their geometry/construction. If all the seams are 'welded' you should be ok. Of course, if the product is flagged as being for dForce all should be good! Buckles buttons can be an issues, but you can select, via surface selection, to remove something from the dForce simulation (by default everything is included).
Some people have had some good success with some toon-style hair.
Ehlanna
star of the reef

Postby Hindemith » Fri, 17Dec22 17:08

I feel dForce is just an attempt to improve from dynamic clothing. One strange thing that happened when I upgraded from 4.9 is that now I can't seem to have the camera/views headlamps to only function in smooth shaded drawstyle, they even appear in final renders, so I have to keep turning them on and off when switching drawstyles (even the auto options won't work). Besides that, it seems more stable than 4.9, although I have a Pascal nvidia card, so I don't know about older ones...
Hindemith
great white shark

Postby MaxCarna » Sat, 17Dec23 04:58

I forget to say something that I'm experiencing, firstly it was a minor thing, but now is making me nuts

When I hold the mouse and drag over any control on the right: View: Orbit, Pan, Dolly Zon... it jumps sometimes. For example, rotation is about 16.677 and I tries to rotate to 16.8, 16.9... it goes to 160 with no reason.

Sometimes happens when I try to bend a arm, a legs... it even goes through the limits, going to absurd values.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby ErikHolland » Fri, 17Dec29 19:34

MaxCarna wrote:I forget to say something that I'm experiencing, firstly it was a minor thing, but now is making me nuts

When I hold the mouse and drag over any control on the right: View: Orbit, Pan, Dolly Zon... it jumps sometimes. For example, rotation is about 16.677 and I tries to rotate to 16.8, 16.9... it goes to 160 with no reason.

Sometimes happens when I try to bend a arm, a legs... it even goes through the limits, going to absurd values.

Yes, I've experienced the same thing. Especially when i'm aiming a light in close-up

But other than that i've found it working very well.
ErikHolland
Pilot fish

Postby Sarchx » Fri, 17Dec29 22:41

Well, I've noticed - some older save-files appears wrong in the workscreen (a shader might be solid pink in the workscreen, but renders correctly as a brickwall, etc.)

I'm not sure, if it's 4.10 or the fact I had to move my content directory though...
I haven't tried to recreate the screens though.
Sarchx
Sarchx
lagoon predator

Postby always86 » Thu, 18Feb01 19:55

I've been in one of my play around with Daz moods the last few days. I just updated to 4.10 and i'm finding Daz crashes at the end of the render. I have the renders down to 10-20 minutes with settings everything seems to be okay and then it crashes at the end.

Edit: Activated Optix and moved to GPU only for both. Seems to be working again, and joy of joys I can stream while the renders happen.
always86
great white shark

Return to The workshop of creators