Unfaithful/Infidèle ? [FR][EN][DE/RU] V1.3.0.8 (26/04/2022)

Complete and totally free games (the author can request a non-obligatory financial contribution in thanks or to help him to create new game)

Re: Unfaithful ? - Infidèle ? [FR] [EN]

Postby wildride » Mon, 17Aug14 20:50

Zigmut wrote:Hello to everyone,
No, I'm not dead, I still expect an update from the rags program but nothing for more than a year (like me!), my game becomes too big (or my code is so crappy) it's still unusable in its current version.

So I picked up (from scratch) the development of the game using a new engine, it allows easier updates and is less heavy (it also has the advantage of running under macos, Linux and android but I haven't tested).

In short, let's go on the first post to download the torrent of the game and have fun.
This is a multilingual version, so English is in ;)

Woot! glad to hear you're ok. After tangling with Rags for almost a year myself I can say its definitely not you, its Rags. I found likely every bug you could imagine. 3.0.59 would not remove media from the game properly, I actually had a 300mb completely blank game when I figured it wasnt downsizing when I removed stuff. Weird bugs would show up for some people but not others, and the logic of A>B>C>D kinda things was not there unless you really broke down the script into little bite size triggers. ie dont expect it to do A then do B based on A via the same command, unless you set it up through a timer. I even broke a test game when scripting in combat to a point that rags didnt even recognise it as a rags file.

Also the non-customisation of the UI got to me, my eyes cant handle staring at a bright screen, QSP at least can be customised as you have obviously noticed since your UI is not blinding white at first. *hint hint* (unfortunately its not allowing font or background colour changes my end)
[img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
wildride
lagoon predator

Re: Unfaithful ? - Infidèle ? [FR] [EN] V1.0.4 (14/08/2017)

Postby redle » Mon, 17Aug14 23:37

Glad to hear the game is still ongoing.

Barely had a chance to look at it, but game over is too much too fast.
No warnings in the early stages and lose, lose, lose

1. I go into my baby's room and find the nanny there. I say good morning (in other words I choose talk to her). That's it. I quit. Game over. Um... okay, she's apparently not a morning person.
2. Decide you want to shower in the morning. Go to the bathroom. Surprise, your wife is here. She divorces you. Game over.
3. I skip another hour and decide to take a shower now. Surprise, the nanny is in here. I quit. Game over. (The real world has a pretty standard convention, it's called a Door. We close this Door to indicate someone shouldn't just enter. If you are going to allow the player free roam, then it doesn't matter. As soon as you can't free roam, because entering spaces at different times has different and immediate consequences, then you need an indicator. The player should be made aware somehow or other that the bathroom is occupied. They should need to make a conscious choice to intrude.)
4. Okay, so I just won't ever go to the bathroom. I find the office and spend 4 hours on writing a book. Step out into the living room and find my kid and the nanny. Okay, she's had some time to wake up and get some breakfast and such. I'll say hello now (choose talk). I quit. Game over. (Really? She quits every time I try to talk to her? Yes, I know from playing the game before that you have it set up that you can talk to the nanny if she is alone, but if she is with your kid she won't speak unless she and the player have a better relationship. To me this is completely backwards. A parent has every right to talk to anyone who is currently interacting with their child. When that child is not around, a person is on their own time and has every right to not want to talk.)

What gives relationship points and what takes them away isn't really the point I want to make here though. The point is all these game overs. It is not a great way to get people interested in playing a game. Also, there are a lot of clicks to start a new game.

Click Quest
Click restart game
click start new game
click yes
click to close pop-up dialog
click on difficulty
Type in a name
click okay
click to skip introduction

Wow that's a lot. I did all that the first time. Yeah, it was a bit much, but okay fine. Two seconds into the game I had already lost and needed to go through all that setup again. Then again, and again. All the setup is a bit much on its own. All the game overs are rough on their own. Combined they make getting going not fun at all.

I'm not trying to trash your game here. I played the RAGS game and enjoyed it, and I'm sure I'll enjoy your new QSP version. Never the less, there is no real need to start out so hard on a new player. The only benefit is that it might teach a player to save almost constantly so when they get their next game over they can start back up at almost the exact same spot and do something different (but really save scumming isn't something a developer is supposed to try to make their players do. Not to mention as soon as I did make a save and loaded a game I got an error message).

Seriously consider changing the game over on talking to her to a harsh verbal response from her. Keep a relationship penalty for it if you must, but put in a minimum score of zero. If you really want her to quit over trying to talk to her at least wait until she has given a verbal warning 3-5 times with the final time perhaps saying, "Bother me again and I will quit."

As for the bathroom incidents, the player really needs a warning that they are about to walk in on someone if there is even the chance of something bad happening.

Next would be an image problem
Find wife in kitchen at 8. Click here and get missing image. Talk to her and get another missing image. Seems like the game is using my relationship level or something like that and appending it to the picture name. Expects a value of 1 or more. Basically it is looking for a picture named "portrait_0.jpg", but the image folder only has portraits 1, 2, and 3.

---------------
and a follow-up add-on about baths
I can understand that you might want to control energy levels, and therefore limit certain tasks. That said, it doesn't matter if taking a bath gives energy or not, I don't understand what seems to be a once-per-day limit. While most people may shower or bathe once per day, if a person stinks, and especially if others around them are complaining that they stink, what sense does it make to not allow getting clean? Apparently this game takes place in a war torn third world nation on heavy water rations. I know I smell bad but the government says I'm not allowed to remove my smell until 14 more hours have passed. Sorry.
redle
star of the reef

Postby wildride » Tue, 17Aug15 01:41

Redele it did that in the Rags version too, you gotta build the relationship up first. However there could be a first time warning on these which would help new people, QSP doesnt seem to be drawing attention to problems like it did in Rags.

The wifes portrait at 8am only seems to happen the first time, 37 days in and not seen it again.

Now my observations that might be on purpose due to redesign or accident.
Bath only 1 time per day (except if at the holiday home then 2 times), Rags version allowed morning and evening baths.
Having a meal with them and not helping/doing it yourself nets 0 relationship. Noelle used to give 1 even if she made lunch. Dinner gives 1 whether you make it or simply help (0 if they do) I cant remember if this gave 2 each if you made it before.
The chat levels with Noelle dont seem to alter the number of points recieved. Before it was 1 for chat, 2 for flirt, 3 for sexual. Im at 147 and flirting with Noelle is giving 1. It might be that I have to play further before this occurs.
Not sure if right but Books.. made 5 2500 word books so far and the royalties are around $10 each? Maybe it was that weird Rags bug that made making money too easy but this seems very tough, like I said 37 days in 5 books done and Im at $1565 without having spent anything.
Stink.. I think you gotta do something that they prompt you when this happens. QSP isnt as noticable on this and sometimes hides the dialogue behind the action window (Ive since rearranged it to be a better format)
could be played out to be effectively "OMG You Stink!" with an image. Id also say scale the punishment, so 1st time not a huge loss but afterwards it hurts like you intend.
In petes room (pictured above) theres the option of "offer to make love" with sarah. This leads to a blank screen with no recourse but to reload. Im not at a relationship level to succeed, so its when it fails here its blank.
Noelles laptop when found does not seem to have any functionality, I could just be trying to use it at the wrong time?
Another missing image after the Gala before the line "Jump, Hop! Car and in bed!" Pronounced Sarah when arriving in the parking lot.
Last edited by wildride on Tue, 17Aug15 05:06, edited 2 times in total.
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby redle » Tue, 17Aug15 01:58

wildride wrote:Redele it did that in the Rags version too, you gotta build the relationship up first. However there could be a first time warning on these which would help new people, QSP doesnt seem to be drawing attention to problems like it did in Rags.

The wifes portrait at 8am only seems to happen the first time, 37 days in and not seen it again.

Yeah, I knew even before I did a number of these actions that the game considered them bad (from previous version). I've done a lot of coding. I tend to look at a number of things from what makes for good and bad user experience and usability and try to point it out (regardless of whether or not I know how to get around the issue). Sometimes game over situations can add to or work well with a game. I don't really feel like that is the case as currently implemented here. (and I could go back and add in the you-stink game over as another one)

On wife's portrait, I just copied portrait_1 and portrait_discussion_1 and renamed the copies to use 0. So I don't get the broken images anyway. Never the less, it isn't what a developer wants a player to see. Almost the first image in the game and the player sees a big broken image picture.

----------------------
Forgot to mention, the Dining Room has an exit labeled Dining Room (should be Living Room).

Just made it to "night", I guess, for the first time. Up to you if you do anything about it or not of course, but from a usability standpoint you really should use a second set of icons. The point of graphical icons is that can users can navigate an application solely by them. They are self-explanatory and don't need words (yes, words are perfectly nice too). The problem here is the icons are all very dark. The game suddenly changes from a light background to a dark background. This renders the light-colored icons almost invisible. Suddenly the player that was navigating based on clicking certain pictures doesn't see the picture he needs (the arrow navigation buttons are blue and visible with both white and black background, but icons like Enter House are black and not visible with a black background).
redle
star of the reef

Postby Ice » Tue, 17Aug15 03:20

Hi,
I find the current version unplayable (1.04). -25 points for stinking is quite punitive. Got the wife up to 75 points after grinding for like 20-30 days, than missed a shower, saw her twice in the bed room before going to bed and the score is back to almost zero! Since you can only take one shower a day, you get fucked pretty quickly (or get a game over if you're under 25 points). Also, seems that writing for 4 hours gets you way more dirty than writing only for 2h, which doesn't help. I don't quite understand how you get dirty by sitting on your ass writing on a piece of paper...

On a side note, please add the girls stats in the additional description windows. Clicking the relationship menu and then the girl's picture only to see if you went up by 1 point is way to many clicks and I got tired of it very quickly.

Don't give up. I like this game.
Ice
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby M » Tue, 17Aug15 03:24

I keep getting stuck in conversations with people. I don't think I've made it more than a week without it breaking and leaving me trapped where I don't have an option to get out that doesn't give me a "location not found" error message.
M
lagoon predator

Re: Unfaithful ? - Infidèle ? [FR] [EN] V1.0.5 (15/08/2017)

Postby Zigmut » Tue, 17Aug15 11:13

Hi all,
First of all, I would like to thank you all for your feedback and suggestions.
I know how frustrating it is to play a game and that it is more or less unplayable. Myself, I have encountered this situation more than once. I thought I had tested the game, obviously not.
Besides, thanks to you I realized that things that seemed obvious to me, were not really so, also I have modify the game to warn you, at least once, when you can do things which can penalize you.
I have also adjusted numbers penaltys (these are things that will be improved in the future)

Some of the choices mentioned may be curious, for example, the fact that it's possible to take a only bath once a day, it's a design's choice to manage your character a little more finely (but yes, in reality is not the case). For this kind of thing, I'm taker of your returns. I have a lack perspective.

A new version available should fix many problems you raise.
My apologies again.
Un plug, un sapin, quelle différence ?
Zigmut
great white shark

Postby Vitu » Tue, 17Aug15 15:19

I keep on getting this error alert when loading a saved game - usually can just click it away, but sometimes have to advance the time 30 min to continue the game.

Edit. Can't embed the screenshot here for some reason, it says "not possible to determine dimensions of the image".
Here's a link to it:
http://imgur.com/C5FYoFz
Vitu
great white shark

Postby Sarchx » Tue, 17Aug15 15:20

You've taken a big game that was very popular, and completely redone it, in a new engine - so you could improve it.
That's not something to apologize for, but something we should be thankfull for.

Ofcourse there is going to be bugs to begin with, but you're doing great in squashing them.
Keep up the good work.
Sarchx
Sarchx
lagoon predator

Re: Unfaithful ? - Infidèle ? [FR] [EN] V1.0.5.1 (15/08/2017

Postby redle » Tue, 17Aug15 18:11

I'll throw out a few more comments.

Making dinner
There is text that pops up stating something about being "too drunk to make dinner." Maybe it is humor that I just do not get. Maybe it is a translation thing. I do not know. I assume that it is a message that pops up because making dinner costs a certain amount of energy and I do not have enough to perform the task. I am unaware of any alcohol in the game. So I am confused as to why the word "drunk" makes an appearance.

Clicking on pictures
Your use of images and the resulting actions from clicking on them should be more consistent.

Good: There is a picture of Sarah and the text Sarah. Clicking either brings up a list of activities that one can do with Sarah.

Bad: There is a picture of a bath and text saying take a bath. Clicking the bath pops up a message about a bath, but does not allow the taking of a bath. Clicking the text does cause the taking of a bath.

Describing, in text, the contents of a picture to clarify it is what a tooltip is for. Plus you already have text describing the purpose of the image. Clicking either text or image should both cause the action to happen. The fact that some images yield a description while others yield actions only compounds the problem. Whether you choose to follow this rule of thumb or not, be consistent throughout. For every type of interaction a user can make with your software they should get only a single type of result.

More on baths
If you really want the degree of stink to play a major role and be the/a defining strategic element to this game, that, of course, is your prerogative. Might I suggest that if this is the case the stat display should be changed to match that of energy. Stink/Cleanliness should have a clear 0-100 (or whatever values you are using) value display. People need to be able to determine how dirty each task is getting them and how clean they currently are.

This would probably be good even if it was easier to maintain cleanliness.
redle
star of the reef

Postby Sarchx » Tue, 17Aug15 21:21

redle wrote:I'll throw out a few more comments.

Making dinner
There is text that pops up stating something about being "too drunk to make dinner." Maybe it is humor that I just do not get. Maybe it is a translation thing. I do not know. I assume that it is a message that pops up because making dinner costs a certain amount of energy and I do not have enough to perform the task. I am unaware of any alcohol in the game. So I am confused as to why the word "drunk" makes an appearance.

I had this one as well. It seems to come, when you don't have enough energy.
Sarchx
Sarchx
lagoon predator

Postby wildride » Tue, 17Aug15 22:30

Umm restarting a new game. The new game kept everything I had purchased before. So Day 1 I got the Gala suit, smartphone etc. This is without loading a save prior. Also displays all the NPC's I met last game.

Kinda important bug to squash. Got around it by deleting all saves.

Btw a couple of ideas, for the smell issue, why not a purchasable consumable deodorant or cologne or both. Deodorant could be used twice a day and gives the same jump as brushing teeth, cologne once and is like a bath (without the energy). Advantage of both being they are portable so could be used anywhere in case the player traps himself in the office while the girls are in the living room.

You could also add a bathroom upgrade to the shops which would unlock a second use.

Bug/something to alter:
On the weekend when Sarah wants to go away with you theres a couple of issues
1. It lasts all Saturday until Midnight. The dialogue for the conversation has her dragging you in for breakfast. Might I suggest having the cutoff for this changed to lunchtime? It keeps it relevant to breakfast so not needing to change the script other than the cut off. I'll admit I was attempting to avoid going without upsetting her by hanging out at the park and abusing the fast save/load feature.
2. Theres the option to say you cant because of work. The problem is this is week 2, Ive not been to the Gala and this references to me being a professor which Im not. While this seems like a temporary "dodge the event" function, you're going to need to hide the option when the player is not a professor.
wildride
lagoon predator

Postby Zigmut » Wed, 17Aug16 15:39

Hello all,
new update available.
    Bugs when you restart the game : FIXED
    Bugs with the computers : FIXEX
    Bugs with location error (when you load a save) : FIXED (i hope)
    Some adjustments (week-end, hygiene)
    Minor translation fixes

Thx for feedbacks (again²) :)
Zigmut
great white shark

Re: Unfaithful ? - Infidèle ? [FR] [EN] V1.0.6 (16/08/2017)

Postby Sarchx » Wed, 17Aug16 16:48

Found a new one [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

When you write on pc, you get a message box:
Area: on visit
Line: 1643
Code: 118
Desc: syntax error
Afterwards you are stuck with no actions available.
This also comes, when you try to start a new game. (I think it takes a savegame to start with.)
Sarchx
Sarchx
lagoon predator

Re: Unfaithful ? - Infidèle ? [FR] [EN] V1.0.6.1 (16/08/2017

Postby Zigmut » Wed, 17Aug16 17:04

Fi
Sarchx wrote:Found a new one [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

When you write on pc, you get a message box:
Area: on visit
Line: 1643
Code: 118
Desc: syntax error
Afterwards you are stuck with no actions available.
This also comes, when you try to start a new game. (I think it takes a savegame to start with.)

Fixed ! (another bug with the english's translations strings.)
Zigmut
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Free sexy games