Arkham- the dark legacy

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Arkham- the dark legacy

Postby vkalvkal » Tue, 17May02 17:18

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:Yea, but they all put out for the main character so it's ok. As long as the main character is getting his knob polished everything is just fine.

I love this game but I can't seem to figure out what triggers some people on this site to hate on a game for one thing while giving another game a pass for the exact same thing.

I'll speak for myself here.

I'm not a fan of status builder games. But I enjoyed this one because this isn't a pain in the ass, in which you're free to do your things and don't have a restricted number of days to do things (like in LwT where things could easily be a pain in the ass).

And this is, after all, a game about sex. In other games, you have to focus on building your status a lot and this made the sex scenes more difficult to trigger. Also, if I enjoyed a certain sex scene and wanted to replay the game just to see that specific scene for fapping reasons, I had to go through all the boring status again. This game is so much easier to do things and saving slots helps a lot in terms of replayability.

But that's just my impression. As for others, well, people always complain about playing as a female MC and this one features a male MC. I really don't have a problem with any of them, but I prefer to play as a female because I prefer to read about a woman's mind (I don't care how good a dude is feeling during sex, I only care about the woman).
vkalvkal
great white shark

Postby Brontozaurio » Tue, 17May02 17:26

herkalurk wrote: Kind of disappointed there was no 3some scene prior to the end.

no a threesome but a foursome , is that not better? [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
Brontozaurio
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby PinkVendeta » Tue, 17May02 20:10

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:I've actually been waiting for the hate to come in for this game due to this. Your girlfriend betrays you multiple times (if you include cheating on you when you summon spirits) and if you want the best ending you are pretty much forced to save her from her own stupidity and the game makes you forgive her. Between this and the game being what some have termed in the past as "a trial and error nightmare", I am trying to figure out why this game is escaping the criticism that other games have received for doing the same thing.

I was waiting on some guys to arrive in the thread and say, wait, how can the guy in the game be such a naive idiot, he constantly goes on and on about her promises about sex and she has broken all of her promises and is clearly using him and he puts up with it all like a total noob, it is clear to me anyway, that he is pussy whipped beginning, middle and end :lol:

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:Never mind, I just figured out why this game is getting a free pass. Note to writers, if a woman repents by being a cum bucket for the main character all is forgiven, if she doesn't she's only worthy of scorn and hate. Never mind if suddenly becoming a submissive cum bucket is completely against her character. Sudden shifts in character personality are only a problem when it doesn't involve a sudden realization by a female character that the male player character is the best thing ever and she should give up all her ambitions she had in life up until that point to live in complete service to him.

Again, as above, he is pussy whipped to forgive a girl who did a deal with the devil so to speak to kill him off for eternal life and powers, wait did You say You will be my cum bucket?, shit all is forgiven :lol:

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:Yea, but they all put out for the main character so it's ok. As long as the main character is getting his knob polished everything is just fine.
I love this game but I can't seem to figure out what triggers some people on this site to hate on a game for one thing while giving another game a pass for the exact same thing.

I love the game also, but as much as I have come around to natural big breasted women in LOP, LOP Gold and SexAndGlory games looking erotic and sensual, his girlfriends boobs were aweful looking and to big for her frame, then even though Hannah is a big boned girl aka large aka fat, her breasts looked SILLY, WAY to big [img]images/icones/icon18.gif[/img]

The story line was amazing, artwork on guys and girls very good, animation very smooth, general scene artwork again very good, Liz was the best looking all round, and sad the blond only had 2 real scenes of sex, one with the boyfriend if You spelled her, or one with the OLD man, pity the blond was not one of the 3 girls used in place of a Whale named Hannah :lol:

Again, loved the game totally, would love to see a part 2 to it.
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby urhelke » Tue, 17May02 23:12

Can I dig for remains more than once ? I tried to dig them after summoning those spirits (scholar,wealthy) but i got only soil,worms and feathers.
urhelke
Pilot fish

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Wed, 17May03 02:46

vkalvkal wrote:

I'll speak for myself here.

I'm not a fan of status builder games. But I enjoyed this one because this isn't a pain in the ass, in which you're free to do your things and don't have a restricted number of days to do things (like in LwT where things could easily be a pain in the ass).

And this is, after all, a game about sex. In other games, you have to focus on building your status a lot and this made the sex scenes more difficult to trigger. Also, if I enjoyed a certain sex scene and wanted to replay the game just to see that specific scene for fapping reasons, I had to go through all the boring status again. This game is so much easier to do things and saving slots helps a lot in terms of replayability.

But that's just my impression. As for others, well, people always complain about playing as a female MC and this one features a male MC. I really don't have a problem with any of them, but I prefer to play as a female because I prefer to read about a woman's mind (I don't care how good a dude is feeling during sex, I only care about the woman).

Thank you for the insight into your thinking and logical analysis. My pet peeve lately has been people who don't like the particular content or theme of the game and start nitpicking on certain aspects of the game that they otherwise wouldn't on a game they enjoy because one game suits their particular tastes while the other does not. I especially hate it when people try to say a game is bad because the content is just not for them. There is a difference between not liking a game and a game being bad Too many people automatically say a game is bad and look for reasons for it to be bad when in reality it just wasn't for them.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Wed, 17May03 03:00

PinkVendeta wrote: I love the game also, but as much as I have come around to natural big breasted women in LOP, LOP Gold and SexAndGlory games looking erotic and sensual, his girlfriends boobs were aweful looking and to big for her frame, then even though Hannah is a big boned girl aka large aka fat, her breasts looked SILLY, WAY to big [img]images/icones/icon18.gif[/img]

The story line was amazing, artwork on guys and girls very good, animation very smooth, general scene artwork again very good, Liz was the best looking all round, and sad the blond only had 2 real scenes of sex, one with the boyfriend if You spelled her, or one with the OLD man, pity the blond was not one of the 3 girls used in place of a Whale named Hannah :lol:

Again, loved the game totally, would love to see a part 2 to it.

I agree that there is a lack of variety in the body types of the girls in Lesson of Passion and Sex & Glory. I remember reading in the Lesson of Passion Wiki where they listed the breast size of Tracy from Living With Temptation as being "medium" and I did a double take. I have a very different definition of what medium sized breasts look like.

I also agree that the story was well done. There will always be logical inconsistencies in any story. If you're enjoying the story you overlook the inconsistencies, if not then they stand out like a sore thumb. I'd actually like to see an original property be developed rather than using Lovecraft though. Then you could have several games that may not be direct continuations but are instead different stories set in the same world that build on the lore with each game.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby PinkVendeta » Wed, 17May03 05:51

vkalvkal wrote:I'm not a fan of status builder games. But I enjoyed this one because this isn't a pain in the ass, in which you're free to do your things and don't have a restricted number of days to do things (like in LwT where things could easily be a pain in the ass).

I agree with You on stat/time based games, in general they annoy me, not cause they are to hard, just running around knowing there is a timer running and You have to constantly repeat he exact same steps over and over again endlessly to build up stats, that is just mind boggling boring.

Arnii and I had many chats regarding Big City Campus, this is no secret, I aired my views on stat based games, I believed there were many other options we could have used and routes we could have taken for BCC, and I also said it would have been best in 3 parts as more could have been done in each part and it would have taken major pressure off Arnii from members wanting a completed game, in the end, my input on BCC was much much less than normal as it ended up as a stat/time based game and as one major game in size also.

vkalvkal wrote:And this is, after all, a game about sex. In other games, you have to focus on building your status a lot and this made the sex scenes more difficult to trigger. Also, if I enjoyed a certain sex scene and wanted to replay the game just to see that specific scene for fapping reasons, I had to go through all the boring status again. This game is so much easier to do things and saving slots helps a lot in terms of replayability.

I liked all the save spaces, no time limit, so it made the stat building much less of a bore to do, and the story is so good that is makes the stat building much much less of a bore also.

vkalvkal wrote:people always complain about playing as a female MC and this one features a male MC. I really don't have a problem with any of them, but I prefer to play as a female because I prefer to read about a woman's mind (I don't care how good a dude is feeling during sex, I only care about the woman).

As a girl, I like to play games as a girl, there are not many creators who make games from a female point of view, male point of view has been flogged to death at this stage, no girl needs a game to tell her a males general mind set :lol:
Last edited by PinkVendeta on Wed, 17May03 06:18, edited 2 times in total.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Wed, 17May03 06:02

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:I agree that there is a lack of variety in the body types of the girls in Lesson of Passion and Sex & Glory. I remember reading in the Lesson of Passion Wiki where they listed the breast size of Tracy from Living With Temptation as being "medium" and I did a double take. I have a very different definition of what medium sized breasts look like.

I read the same wiki :lol: and my first thought was, who wrote this shit?, clearly someone with no clue as to actual womens real breast sizes, I know small, I know medium, I know large, I know melon size and I know over the shoulder boulder holders like Hannah has in the game :lol:
What they term as medium size is large or melon size in reality in 99.9% of their games, clearly the boys at Lesson of Passion and Sex & Glory are having far to many waking dreams of boobies and their real sizes :lol:

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:I also agree that the story was well done. There will always be logical inconsistencies in any story. If you're enjoying the story you overlook the inconsistencies, if not then they stand out like a sore thumb. I'd actually like to see an original property be developed rather than using Lovecraft though. Then you could have several games that may not be direct continuations but are instead different stories set in the same world that build on the lore with each game.

Well, that is very true: If you're enjoying the story you overlook the inconsistencies, I liked the fact they went into the occult and did not do it Harry Potter style :lol: for the few things wrong in the game, the story was so dam good, it hide and covered the few wrong things entirely, I would like to see more occult games like this from them, with clearly real medium size boobs tho ;)

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Brontozaurio » Wed, 17May03 07:44

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:they listed the breast size of Tracy from Living With Temptation as being "medium" and I did a double take. I have a very different definition of what medium sized breasts look like.

evidently their standard is Pandora Peaks, anything less is meager [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:I love this game but I can't seem to figure out what triggers some people on this site to hate on a game for one thing while giving another game a pass for the exact same thing.

there are objective reasons to like physically Sharon Stone more than Carol Burnet but they are subjective when choosing Sharon stone over Charlize Theron or viceversa.
Every game (as every movie) requires a suspension of incredulity (like to believe that all women around are crazy to sleep with "the guy") but there are plot holes that they are simply to big to ignore. (like in cvr).
If the holes are not that big it is just your personal taste
Brontozaurio
great white shark

Postby yoyo34 » Wed, 17May03 11:36

Gio wrote:other 2-3 is using inhibitor? potion at dates

and the other is i think to summon all ghosts but i havent got it

Thanks for the potion, I guess I had only used it once ;)
For the ghost summoning I'm pretty sure I did all of them, definitely missing something.
yoyo34
sirens hunter

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Wed, 17May03 14:04

Brontozaurio wrote:there are objective reasons to like physically Sharon Stone more than Carol Burnet but they are subjective when choosing Sharon stone over Charlize Theron or viceversa.
Every game (as every movie) requires a suspension of incredulity (like to believe that all women around are crazy to sleep with "the guy") but there are plot holes that they are simply to big to ignore. (like in cvr).
If the holes are not that big it is just your personal taste

I have no problem with subjectivity. Subjective appraisal of any art and how it impacts you as an individual is pretty much what makes art worthwhile. My problem is when someone confuses subjective appraisal with objective fact. Basically it is the difference between subjectively saying "I don't like this particular thing" as opposed to objectively stating "This particular thing is bad." If you're deciding that something is bad in one work but not bad in another work because you like that other piece of work better then you're not being objective. You should still express your opinion, but remember it is your opinion, and you should probably try to avoid using the word bad if you are stating your opinion. A good rule of thumb is that anything that is objectively bad is universal. If it is bad in something you hate it is still bad in something you like. This could be confusing however because sometimes something subjective is universal for you as well (if you don't enjoy certain content such as a certain theme of fetish, you may universally hate it in all works you see despite it being subjective)

It's something I've come to realize and to be honest the people who work hard to develop these games we love deserve better from us when we critique them. We constantly expect them to continually improve their games so we can put some effort into improving our skills of critiquing the games and giving the developers accurate information. If there are structural problems that make a game bad we should be able to point it out and make it clear what we found to be the problem. If we just didn't like something because it wasn't to our particular tastes then we should be able to express that too. I'm just asking that when everyone gives their opinion on something, especially when you say something is objectively bad or good, take a second and think about where that opinion comes from.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby herkalurk » Wed, 17May03 15:54

Brontozaurio wrote:
herkalurk wrote: Kind of disappointed there was no 3some scene prior to the end.

no a threesome but a foursome , is that not better? [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]

I feel like they could have incorporated something earlier than one of the endings.

Perhaps Hannah helps get rid of Elizabeth's curse, or one of the beings summoned with Charles and Asenath.
herkalurk
sirens hunter

Postby PinkVendeta » Thu, 17May04 07:46

When You get into the game fully, Charles becomes very powerful in the occult, and he could have had a small harem going in reality with his girlfriend, girl in the office, Liz and Hannah, they all could have formed a coven in reality, as Charles defeats Hannah husband at one stage at the farm, and he also defeats his relative in the past, so he becomes way more powerful than all females in the game combined.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby gstreet » Thu, 17May04 17:12

I don't comment too often, but I had to stop and say this is one of the best games that has been made in a while. Extremely large, complex and rewarding. Great job guys, truly keep up the good work!
gstreet
sirens hunter

Postby Brontozaurio » Thu, 17May04 17:40

Talking about cum bucket, I've found this today and can help it.... living in the XXI century is amazing... :lol: :lol: :lol: :crazy:
Brontozaurio
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games