House designer that easily exports to Daz

Tips, techniques and tutorials about creation tools.

Re: House designer that easily exports to Daz

Postby Eldormain » Sat, 17Apr15 16:24

Wow, super huge delay in response, apologies, sylakone2. Those look good. I presume the textures were added in DAZ? These rooms definitely look good.

I have run into an issue with shaders that I had been wondering about. Particularly with the wood shaders. When you apply a shader is it possible to turn the way it is applied. For instance, wood grains or slats, furniture usually has wood grains running a particular direction and many of the shaders have it running incorrectly. Did you run into this issue or can you adjust the way a shader is applied?

Eldormain

[img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
------------------------------------------------------

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine." - Ludwig van Beethoven
Eldormain
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby Mik » Sun, 17Apr16 00:51

Not at my computer with the Daz installation atm., but let's see.

There are to ways to change the direction of your texture, one inside and one outside of Daz, assuming you do your shading by just clicking in a shader preset, which uses seamless tiles for all related maps.

Are you already familiar with the "Surface Editor" tab ?

If not here is a video (with an older Daz version) about how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzUajlRhJfU

The main thing is around 3:06, it shows the dialog you get when you click on an image in your shader, in Daz 4.9 there are more options than that and one is called Layered Image Editor, if you click it a window opens where you can i.a. rotate the map/ image which is used in this certain property of the shader.
The main map for the texture is in the Diffuse Color or Normal Color Property, depending on the shader you use, but all the other maps are important too.
Daz then makes a temporary rotated copy of your original texture and uses this instead, do this for every single map/ image like color, normal etc. which is used for this certain surface (that varies, use scroll and take a look in which properties are images) and you'll be fine.

Outside of Daz you can do it by rotate the image in an image editing program like PS or Gimp, find out where your textures maps are located, e.g. by clicking browse like shown in the video, open the images in your image editor and just make 90° rotated copies of your texture maps and store it in the same diretory.
Then again use browse for every property of your shader that has a map/ image and use your rotated copies instead.

Be careful to not damage or overwrite your original maps/ images when you do it the second way...!
Mik
great white shark

Postby Eldormain » Mon, 17Apr17 03:27

Thanks Mik, that makes me feel better. I hadn't seen this as an issue with other games so I assumed there was a way to do it.

Cheers.

------------------------------------------------------

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine." - Ludwig van Beethoven
Eldormain
lagoon predator

Postby sylakone2 » Thu, 17Apr20 08:57

Eldormain wrote:Wow, super huge delay in response, apologies, sylakone2. Those look good. I presume the textures were added in DAZ? These rooms definitely look good.

I have run into an issue with shaders that I had been wondering about. Particularly with the wood shaders. When you apply a shader is it possible to turn the way it is applied. For instance, wood grains or slats, furniture usually has wood grains running a particular direction and many of the shaders have it running incorrectly. Did you run into this issue or can you adjust the way a shader is applied?

Eldormain

Lol sorry huge response delay from me to.

Thanks

Yes they were added in DAZ.
I got the SF Design wood and tile iray shader packs from daz3d amoungst that pack it had half going one direction and similar shaders with grain going differnt direction.
That is how I was able to beat that problem the other thing you can do is for you floors make sure they are imported as a separate model then you can rotate them to get the direction going right for you it means it has to be a square room but that is one way to do it.

Cheers

Sy
Cheers Sy
sylakone2
lagoon predator

Previous

Return to The workshop of creators