Render Advice and Feedback

Tips, techniques and tutorials about creation tools.

Re: Render Advice and Feedback

Postby Mik » Wed, 17Mar29 16:49

OT:

Sorry, for writing OT but I love "One does not simply" memes and especially this one...

On the other hand, if you put the hot girl in the foreground, more than 90% won't pay attention to the background [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
Mik
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Greyelf » Wed, 17Mar29 20:42

Mik wrote:On the other hand, if you put the hot girl in the foreground, more than 90% won't pay attention to the background [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
There was background??? [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby Eldormain » Wed, 17Mar29 22:32

ROFL. This is all I can muster for a reply atm. I can't stop laughing. I'll post more when I am over this.
------------------------------------------------------

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine." - Ludwig van Beethoven
Eldormain
lagoon predator

Postby Mortze » Wed, 17Mar29 22:53

Consider this for a moment.

The way the guy is leaning on the bike, the way his right hand is caressing the vehicle, and the girl in the background is looking at him like:
"Man, I'm right here!"
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby Eldormain » Wed, 17Mar29 23:10

haha, I think you are trying to keep me from posting by keeping me laughing.

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine." - Ludwig van Beethoven
Eldormain
lagoon predator

Postby Eldormain » Thu, 17Mar30 03:02

You're tasking me, Mortze. Cheers. I'm still laughing. As to the intentions, initially it was simple a dumping ground for things I was learning with the program. I just happened to be using a model/s and props that I am intending on using a bit further on. The advertisement aspect that you were picking up on is most likely from my Visual Art background as well as the influence of everyday adverts, TV, etc. I will keep that in mind and work towards breaking or at least bending it as there is still some merit to those mediums. With my redesign I am already thinking of making it a bit more "in character" as well as enticing. Some of what you noticed isn't too far off from what was intended though. I will divulge no more.

Sarchx, I will check out the leather idea, that might work. The original idea with the jacket was just what it is a military jacket. I am also going to test out the standard olive green that the jacket most commonly is.

No worries, Mik, you're correct as well. Let's see what can be done about that.

Thanks again, all. More to come.

[img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

Eldormain
lagoon predator

Postby Mortze » Thu, 17Mar30 12:36

Eldormain wrote:happened to be using a model/s and props that I am intending on using a bit further on. The advertisement aspect that you were picking up on is most likely from my Visual Art background as well as the influence of everyday adverts, TV, etc. I will keep that in mind and work towards breaking or at least bending it as there is still some merit to those mediums. With my redesign I am already thinking of making it a bit more "in character" as well as enticing. Some of what you noticed isn't too far off from what was intended though. I will divulge no more.

There's nothing wrong with advertising techniques if that's the goal.
Every image inspires an immediate feeling, even if after that you take time to analyze it and come up with another impression. The first visual impression is very important. In this picture what stands out is the guy and his bike (not the girl, may god forbid you) and the pose and framing makes me pay attention to either him or the bike, so my first impression is that it's a clothes advertising or a bike advertising.
I know it wasn't your goal since you're just experimenting. This is just feedback on composition.

I do suggest that in the next picture you do you change the models places. I believe I see a cleavage that cannot be disregarded.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby Eldormain » Sun, 17Apr02 13:09

Okay, here's the revamp. New poses, new angles, new lighting. I begrudgingly removed the dude... ;)

I tested out some different colored shaders I have for his jacket, tried the leather look. I don't think I have a leather shader that is good for a leather jacket. Retooled the lady, shorts and shirt adjust.Spun the clock back.

Eldormain

Full image link (some shaved off the sides for the post above. I'm thinking the full size is a touch better on for the design): http://i777.photobucket.com/albums/yy53 ... st_05b.jpg

Eldormain
lagoon predator

Postby Sarchx » Sun, 17Apr02 13:20

The bike looks so much better that way ;)

It looks great, especially with the new lighting.
Sarchx
Sarchx
lagoon predator

Postby Mortze » Sun, 17Apr02 14:52

That's better. The dude is where he belongs: in secondary position to the hot girl.

There are two details that strike me immediately. First is the pose and second is the light.

1/ I wont' say the girl's pose isn't realistic, because it surely is - she might be moving to get into position - but in a stopped picture that pose sees unbalanced. It looks odd to me.

2/ the light seems to indicate an early morning or late afternoon with sunlight coming from the upper left. But you have some other light source lighting the characters from the front or maybe lower left (considering the girl's shadows on her cleavage). That light is a white light and it doesn't feel natural to the sunset/sunrise scene. I'd lower that intensity or change its colour to match the scene tone which seems more orange/light brown.

The bike's textures looks really nice. I don't like that particular model but that's not the point here, but the textures are top notch.
Mortze
legend of the South Seas

Postby MaxCarna » Sun, 17Apr02 15:18

Mortze wrote:2/ the light seems to indicate an early morning or late afternoon with sunlight coming from the upper left. But you have some other light source lighting the characters from the front or maybe lower left (considering the girl's shadows on her cleavage). That light is a white light and it doesn't feel natural to the sunset/sunrise scene. I'd lower that intensity or change its colour to match the scene tone which seems more orange/light brown.

I would risk that could be the camera's headlamp, it comes turned on by default, I always turns it off. You configure on the Camera tab.

Nice work

Regards
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby Eldormain » Mon, 17Apr03 00:14

Thanks all. I had the girl leaning a bit more on the bike with both of her hands which gave it some weight and looked a bit more balanced. However, there was an issue with a ruffled part of her upper sleeve that needed to be dealt with. Hence the fingertips of her left hand on the bike. This little move added that "movement into position" Mortze commented on. I settled for that movement pose instead of wrestling with getting her back to leaning with both hands because the movement and therefore lack of balance created a tension which creates interest (as long as it is realistic). This movement/tension also helps the eye move towards the guy (who I tried to make it look as though he was looking at her arse).

The light on her that has been referred to is a spot. I also turn off the headlamps of cameras. This seems to be a fairly common practice from what I have read. As soon as the light on her was mentioned I realized that I had forgotten to change the color of it to match the color of the time of day.

There is also a graininess to the render that I don't care for. Earlier on in my learning process I had come across something that was supposed to fix this. But for the life of me I haven't been able to track down the link that referred to it.

If I were to use this in a story I would correct the things mentioned above and I was thinking of losing her sunglasses as they block her eyes enough to keep us from seeing that she is looking at him. Or perhaps pull them down her nose a bit.

Thank you all for the feedback. This was a good exercise/experience for me. I hope you all enjoyed the images.

Cheers,

Eldormain

P: Oh and her boobs look bigger then I think they are or are supposed to be. One of the adjustment tools might alter size, too. I will have to keep an eye on this. An easy enough task I think you would all agree.

Eldormain
lagoon predator

Previous

Return to The workshop of creators