Club Velvet Rose LOP Gold

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Club Velvet Rose LOP Gold

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Fri, 17Feb24 20:01

MickeyMouse1 wrote:this is another game where nothing seems to happen. You can't get to the blond. If she gives head you get caught etc. So far all I have managed is the bartender. The others have come up zip, zero, nada. And what's with the tatoos? I would loose the tatoos. Not sure how else to move the game along. No matter who interacts with the first time swingers it just seems to go nowhere. How does one move forward?

The main thing to remember in this game is that there are some things you can do when your wife is with you and some things she can't be with you for. If you are stuck it may be a good idea to leave your wife with Che and Alex at their table and talk to people by yourself. There is another person you can leave your wife with which can help you out too. New dialogue options may open up if you do this. This should help you out with Natasha and Felix as well as Zara at least. The first three endings should be fairly easy. It's the last three endings that will have you banging your head against the wall. If you have your wife with you all the time though you won't get very far in the game.

As many have pointed out this is a bit of a problem as you are always sneaking behind your wife's back when you are there to bring some trust and honesty into the relationship. The point of the game is to try to save your marriage and that is why you are going to the swinger club. The game is full of pitfalls preventing that from happening but doesn't involve a path where you can not get your wife drunk, not have to sneak behind her back to get stuff to happen and actually get what you two wanted out of the club when you walked in. Of course going to the club in the first place is a bad idea so bad outcomes are expected (which is also the reason I have no issue with no real good outcomes being part of the original game. There are just outcomes that are not as bad as others) but I feel many would be more approving of the game if there was a good path where you could stick with your wife the entire time and not have to mislead her, not get her drunk, and actually bring the two of you closer together. If it is really hard to pull off I think it would be appropriate for the game. The message of "this is a bad idea" should always be prevalent, but if there is a way for something positive to come out of the experience against all odds I feel that many would warm up a little more to the game.

This was a bit of a problem in the original Living With Temptation too. Until the Wife Gone Wilder expansion was released being faithful to your wife was pretty boring. All of the good content was about cheating with the babysitter. Hopefully Club Velvet Rose can fix this in their expansions.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby johnnybriggs » Sun, 17Feb26 02:22

I can't believe that all the bugs aren't fixed yet. These guys are a joke!

Gonna unsubscribe right now.

[img]images/icones/icon6.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon6.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon6.gif[/img]
johnnybriggs
sirens hunter

Postby leonizer » Sun, 17Feb26 23:08

What kind of bugs johnny are you talking about?
leonizer
lagoon predator

Postby johnnybriggs » Sun, 17Mar05 14:37

leonizer wrote:What kind of bugs johnny are you talking about?

See my first post.
johnnybriggs
sirens hunter

Postby kessie8dn » Fri, 17Mar10 18:54

I'm bored and haven't found anything new for a while so I was about to give LOPGold another try but, having reminded myself about the previous game and then reading the notes on this one, I don't think I'll bother.
The concept is growing a beard now - although I notice each of the last 2 games seems to have garnered one cheerleader to build it up on these boards.. I'm not convinced anymore.
Stat builders have always been frustrating and I've always been annoyed by the "you have to find all the endings" thing - but now it's got to the point where the game is virtually irrelevant. The games seem to be churned out to fit around the available artwork. This is further demonstrated by the failure to notice and fix some basic continuity errors, even when they were the subject of the very first post in the lagoon.
I've been a fan but it seems, regrettably, it's time to move on.
kessie8dn
lagoon predator

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Fri, 17Mar10 23:03

kessie8dn wrote: Stat builders have always been frustrating and I've always been annoyed by the "you have to find all the endings" thing - but now it's got to the point where the game is virtually irrelevant. The games seem to be churned out to fit around the available artwork. This is further demonstrated by the failure to notice and fix some basic continuity errors, even when they were the subject of the very first post in the lagoon.
I've been a fan but it seems, regrettably, it's time to move on.

I'm understanding what you don't like in these games but it may be helpful to talk about what you do want to see in these games as well. Even if it's not the Lesson of Passion team, some other game developer may see your ideas for what makes a good game and incorporate it into what they're developing.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby MickeyMouse1 » Fri, 17Mar17 18:31

So far, I have had only the bartender, Big deal. I have only managed to get the wife or whatever to do the pole dance that's 2 drinks, Nothing else seems to work after that. Oh yeah I did find the wallet. Go caught getting a blow job from Zara. Not much to show so far.
MickeyMouse1
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Sun, 17Mar19 02:01

kessie8dn wrote:The concept is growing a beard now - although I notice each of the last 2 games seems to have garnered one cheerleader to build it up on these boards.

I don't know if I count as a cheerleader, but... (Oh god, now you people are picturing me in high school in a cheerleading outfit. Stop that! :-)

While this storyline doesn't appeal to me, I don't think it's accurate to say that the concept of stat-building erotic RPGs is growing a beard. As I see things, the stat-building RPG is a genre of erotic games, comparable to other erotic genres like dating, adventure, and visual novel. Saying "the concept is growing a beard" is kind of like saying "the concept of a first person shooter on a game console has grown a beard."

It's totally fair to say, "I don't like stat builder RPGs." And it's completely fair to say, "I don't like playing games about dumb couples that cheat on each other." But that doesn't mean the genre is wrong and that Leo should make something else. You similarly wouldn't tell Marvel that the superhero movie genre is wrong and that they should make something else.

Leo and company are, in my rah rah opinion at least (damn, this skirt is short...), the hands down owners of the erotic stat-building genre, with a bunch of fantastic games under their belt, including two of the absolute best (Seducing the Throne, and Living with Temptation). These games are what they do. You don't have to like them, and you certainly don't need to pay for them, but it feels wrong to tell Leo to stop making them.

Okay, taking off my cheerleader outfit now...

Tlaero
Last edited by tlaero on Sun, 17Mar19 02:50, edited 1 time in total.
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby JFR » Sun, 17Mar19 02:12

tlaero wrote:... (Oh god, now you people are picturing me in high school in a cheerleading outfit. Stop that! :-)

This one is even better than the wet suit. :lol:
JFR
star of the reef

Postby flinter5215 » Sun, 17Mar19 10:00

Okay, taking off my cheerleader outfit now...
: [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
This gets even better
flinter5215
great white shark

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Sun, 17Mar19 14:32

tlaero wrote:... (Oh god, now you people are picturing me in high school in a cheerleading outfit. Stop that! :-)

This is a site for people who make erotic games as a hobby. I guarantee that someone out there has already made a game starring you in a wetsuit and cheerleader outfit for the purposes of "personal entertainment".

I can see it now. "Getting to know Tlaero." You're a high school senior when sexy new student Tlaero transfers to your school and joins the school cheerleading team. What you don't know is that she's actually a secret agent. Her mission is to get close to you because, also unbeknownst to you, your scientist father is being forced to create a deadly virus for a terrorist organization. If he doesn't the terrorists have threatened to kill you and the rest of your family. You start discovering something amiss over the course of a few dates and slowly start putting things together as well as noticing some strange things at home. Eventually Tlaero tells you the truth and offers to help you free your family from the terrorist's evil clutches. You and your family are eventually transferred to an island resort owned by the terrorists that has a hidden underground lab underneath and other scientists being forced to work for the terrorists have also been transferred to this island (due to some strange coincidence, many of these scientists have hot daughters the same age as you who have also been brought to the island). As far as the rest of your family (except your father) knows, you all won a "Free Trip" to this island paradise. Tlaero did manage to slip a communication device into your suitcase before you left and she uses it to communicate with you. She gives you instructions on how to deal with some of the guards, such as by drugging their drinks and causing "accidents" to happen. This clears a path for her to infiltrate the island in her scuba gear (and sexy wetsuit). You then help her infiltrate the secret base and defeat the terrorist leader, secure the virus, and shut down the operation.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby DarthMelkor » Sun, 17Mar19 20:43

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:

I can see it now. "Getting to know Tlaero."

All this description, sounds oddly specific. Something you want to tell us TheGreatJoeGargery?

[img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
DarthMelkor
great white shark

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Sun, 17Mar19 22:31

DarthMelkor wrote:
TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:

I can see it now. "Getting to know Tlaero."

All this description, sounds oddly specific. Something you want to tell us TheGreatJoeGargery?

[img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

No, why do you ask ;)

I just started with a cheerleader outfit, a wetsuit, Tlaero's general kickass personality and a Kingsman themed game and that dream I had last ni.... I mean an idea I had that completely DIDN'T involve Tlaero and that's where it led me.

Admit it though, you'd play that game.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 17Mar20 16:13

tlaero wrote:
kessie8dn wrote:The concept is growing a beard now - although I notice each of the last 2 games seems to have garnered one cheerleader to build it up on these boards.

While this storyline doesn't appeal to me, I don't think it's accurate to say that the concept of stat-building erotic RPGs is growing a beard. As I see things, the stat-building RPG is a genre of erotic games, comparable to other erotic genres like dating, adventure, and visual novel. Saying "the concept is growing a beard" is kind of like saying "the concept of a first person shooter on a game console has grown a beard."

It's totally fair to say, "I don't like stat builder RPGs." And it's completely fair to say, "I don't like playing games about dumb couples that cheat on each other." But that doesn't mean the genre is wrong and that Leo should make something else. You similarly wouldn't tell Marvel that the superhero movie genre is wrong and that they should make something else.

Leo and company are, in my rah rah opinion at least the hands down owners of the erotic stat-building genre, with a bunch of fantastic games under their belt, including two of the absolute best (Seducing the Throne, and Living with Temptation). These games are what they do. You don't have to like them, and you certainly don't need to pay for them, but it feels wrong to tell Leo to stop making them.
Tlaero

I wanted to see what everyone else would say about stat based games before I waded in :lol:

Since Arnii made Big City Caampus which is clearly a stat based game beginning, middle and end, and Arnii and I had a good long chat prior to the making of BCC, and I told Arnii that I hate stat based games including most of the LOP games and Sex and Glory games that are stat based which 99.9% of them all are.

So we agreed my input on BCC would be less as I hate stat based games as said :lol: .

Leo and his gang, the Artwork, stories and renders are all beautiful in his games, animation runs from clunky to smooth, but the stats, I ignore most of their games because of them being stat based which for me means no challange and bored out of my mind very fast.

Stat based games are nothing new either people, they have been around for literally years and years now, time to find a new format and move to it as seriously, as a girl, I can say, stat based games literally bore the tits off me, same also for time based games, You have 10 days or 2 weeks or a month to run around doing the same repeditive tasks endlessly to get a set goal, yawn, boring.
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Tue, 17Mar21 02:53

PinkVendeta wrote:Leo and his gang, the Artwork, stories and renders are all beautiful in his games, animation runs from clunky to smooth, but the stats, I ignore most of their games because of them being stat based which for me means no challange and bored out of my mind very fast.

Stat based games are nothing new either people, they have been around for literally years and years now, time to find a new format and move to it as seriously, as a girl, I can say, stat based games literally bore the tits off me, same also for time based games, You have 10 days or 2 weeks or a month to run around doing the same repeditive tasks endlessly to get a set goal, yawn, boring.

So do you think that you hate stat building games in general or that you just hate repetitive games? I like stat building but like you I hate repetitive gameplay (although I will tolerate it at times if I like other parts of the game).

I've posted a quote below (in a spoiler tag to save space) I made in the Living With Temptation 2 thread (page 14 if you want to read the whole post) where I proposed using a different and more abstract RPG system in the place of the repetitive stat building. You may have to read the full post from the original thread to fully understand what I'm saying (especially when I talk about "Action Points") but I think you can get the general idea from the quote I posted. I've also got a post in the Eleanor 2 thread (page 11) where I use some of the same fundamentals to put a twist on games with a female protagonist. Basically I'm proposing that a point system be used to buy perks for your character that you can earn by progressing through the story instead of effectively stopping the story to do the same activities every day to build up enough stats to complete the story. Perks can be gained for completing story objectives and by finding hidden parts of the game. Perks can allow different paths of progression through the story (which doesn't necessarily mean completely different branching stories so much as changing some details through the main story or creating small branches of alternative story that eventually turn back into the story). This way you don't have to stop playing the game to build your stats through repetitive activities but you build your stats while progressing through the game.

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:In regards to progression, instead of grinding statistics I'd like to see a system where you could basically upgrade your player, much like in games like Mass Effect 2 and 3 or Deus Ex's Praxis Point system. So for completing certain tasks in game you could obtain points. You could then go to an upgrade screen to spend those points. Let's say I get a point and I go to the upgrade screen. I look at the Charisma upgrade. It has three levels. Level one only costs 1 point so I pick that one. At level one charisma I now have the "Smooth Recovery" ability, which allows me to reverse the effect of a bad dialogue choice, refunding me the Action Point I spent and allowing me to pick again. I can only use this once but it refreshes when my Action Points refresh. At Level 2 Charisma which costs 2 points I can buy an upgrade that allows me to have a display to see what the effect of my dialogue choices are having on the girl (I'm thinking something like the CASSIE social enhancer in Deus Ex Human Revolution and Deus Ex Mankind Divided). At Level 3 Charisma which costs 3 points, I can pick dialogue choices that result in positive choices that would otherwise be negative. So if there is something vulgar in the dialogue selection that the girl normally would find offensive, if I pick that selection it comes off as a joke and still allows me to progress the conversation, where she laughs instead of becoming offended (possibly offering a shortcut through the dialogue tree which can save on using some action points). There could also be an Athletic upgrade, where at Level 1 you could be a gym rat and make impressive strength checks (that you can make in front of a girl to impress her, and then have a "Oh, You're So Strong" dialogue option be added in her dialogue tree that could circumvent a lengthier conversation chain), at Level 2 you could be all around more athletic which would also include coordination and ability to do new athletic feats with no experience (such as being able to ride the horse with no problem to the beach), and Level 3 could have you train in Mixed Martial Arts so you can win almost any fight you get into (such as in the park with Lisa in the first game). I'd also like to see wealth be made into a statistic instead of just be about earning money. This takes into account your personal credit and not just cash you have on hand. So Level 1 Wealth allows you to buy little items at the store with no problem, Level 2 allows you to buy the expensive dress or jewelry, and Level 3 allows you to but anything and also assumes that you are always well dressed in expensive clothing and possessions. What this system represents is that you do things "off camera" to build your statistics. You're going to the gym on your spare time, or you spend more time at work to get a promotion, and things like that. This way you don't physically have to click on the work out button at the gym for 10 days in a row to build your fitness statistic. When you pick the upgrade the assumption is that you have been doing these things on your spare time. That way you can focus on the interaction with the story but still have a sense of progression. You can then gain upgrade points by playing the game. Points can be rewards for exploring your environment, completing tasks for work or the home, and finding new things or by progressing the story instead of having to do monotonous tasks every day to build your skills.

Also, just so I'm sure I'm not going crazy, was there statistic building in CVR that I missed? My definition of stat building may be different than most but I just saw an affection meter and a counter for available cash.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games