What programs do you use and why?

Tips, techniques and tutorials about creation tools.

Re: What programs do you use and why?

Postby Rexxx » Sat, 17Jan14 15:27

From what I have seen happen daz3d is easier to learn and obtain something good that poser, if you become an expert I don't know what is better of the two, but probably either permit great things.
Rexxx
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby CherryGazer » Sun, 18Jun03 05:35

I use Unity, Godot, or WebGL when working on games. The jury is still out for sound and music. I like PixelMator for image editing, but my mac blew up, so. These days I use Pixlr.

I've noticed that DAZ3D and Poser seems to be incredibly popular for erotic artists, and it's sure not hard to understand why! But I want to do real time 3D rendering in my games, and DAZ won't let you use their models that way. (Or at least that was the case some years back when I asked them.) You can use posed renders of their models and such, and do animation by using a series of posed renderings, basically, but you can't use the models themselves.

"Why in the world do you want to do real time 3D rendering?" Well, so that the user can walk the character around in a 3D world, control the camera position/angle, see dynamic lighting/shading depending on the camera position/angle, et etc.

What's the best source for 3D models of sexy girls and their clothes that let's you use the 3D models in 3D games?
CherryGazer
sirens hunter

Postby MaxCarna » Sun, 18Jun03 07:36

CherryGazer wrote:But I want to do real time 3D rendering in my games, and DAZ won't let you use their models that way. (Or at least that was the case some years back when I asked them.) You can use posed renders of their models and such, and do animation by using a series of posed renderings, basically, but you can't use the models themselves.

Will can export DAZ 3F objects to Unity, until recently will had to pay the indie game license, but they changed to the interactive license: https://www.daz3d.com/interactive-license-info.

Take a look on this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion ... k-in-unity

I bought a Unity complete course, I intend to made when I have more free time, I will try to use this feature at home, if works really nice, maybe make a game using and pay the license. Don't know about Unreal.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Previous

Return to The workshop of creators