Himeros Haven - Completed (March 2019)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Himeros Haven - Completed (March 2019)

Postby Seztworks » Thu, 16Oct27 13:01

Hello all

Himeros Haven is Part 2 of the Himeros Trilogy and is going to continue the story from Himeros Hotel. This time around it will once again be part dating sim adventure but replace the personal rpg with management and strategy elements. The scope is slightly bigger but there are a lot of changes to structure and gameplay to mix things up. General info about the trilogy can be found at https://www.patreon.com/Seztworks.

Current public release Completed (v1.01a):
Contains everything released so far.
Completed and Bugfixed

Patchnotes of added Chapter 9 content (full patchnotes in link above):
Version 1.01a - Bugfix
Fixed tower research halt bug.

Version 1.01 - Feedback Fixes
Removed specific day restriction from Hima path event.
Added task list pointer to bartend task.
Added task list pointer to zodiac info task.
Added restriction to guest invite to fix one of them showing up before they should.
Correction to Tower Research max days.
- Lowered to 26 to fit with actual needed days for the task.

Version 1.00 - Public "Final" Release
Possible bugfix for Observatory overrun issue in new playthroughs.
More Ass. spelling, sentence and other text issue corrections.
- Special thanks to Richard C. for major feedback and spellchecks.
- Has been added as Editor to credits.

Version 0.99a
Bugfix for Decode progress reset.
Bugfix for Build Halt Bug
Assorted Spelling, Sentence and Text issues.
- Special thanks to Richard C. for feedback and spellcheck.

Version 0.99 - Chapter 9.0: Departure
Story and main content complete.
Scenes: 9
- 2 exclusive Golden Choice based scenes
- another fetish choice scene, more will come in Horizon
Events: 36
- Including huge events towards the end (with Golden Choice Variant)

Second Golden Choice added. Moral choice. Much harder to write then the first one.
- It might be tempting, but please do not sneak peak both choices. Pick the one that appeals to you. The majority will play out in Horizon anyway.
- This is the first choice that will drastically change how characters behave.
2 more character choices.
The last research task of Haven.
Completed a certain info file.
Extended the patreon reward for the second Scene Stealer as it seemed underwhelming compared to the other 3 that got unique models and multiple steps. (Thanks to DP)
More events have choice components. Often single tab of text added to events.
Anti-Grind Fix V2 (shift changes only work for new games):
- Slight increase to decode success base chance.
- Added slight randomized EC increase to budget and fluctuaion to stocks task to add realism.
- Lowered Intro build tasks by 1 shift each.
- Lowered Lab shifts by 2.
Added exploration help to a couple of locations.

Fixes:
Found error in earlier choice. Luckily it was the least important one. It will make sense in Horizon why. Due to this error I will unlock the rewards for both choices across the board.
Added slight hints and improvements to gameplay and story to help playabilty.
Added tired status to a handful of early evening tasks to spread out events.
Fixed student assignment. The older student still being a rebel. She will have been reassigned to not overlap with the current resort manager.
Fixed bug with worker that would cause issues with spying on her after working with her.
Added missing task list items.
Fixed student location.
Changed item image to allow for better story change later.
Major spelling and sentence corrections.
- The first 20% have been gone over and corrected along with the last 25%.
- This is 65000 words looked over so far.
- The remaining 55% will be corrected over time as I wait for feedback and as I find time. Since I moved up the final release a month I did not get to spell check the entire content, but I plan to do so before Horizon.

Gameplay notes:
Saves from Chapter 1-8 should work fine. Let me know if you have any issues.
All feedback, bugs or corrections are more then welcome.

Thanks for the interest and support so far.
Seztworks
Last edited by Seztworks on Tue, 19Mar05 07:28, edited 22 times in total.
Seztworks
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Re: Himeros Trilogy - Part 2 - Adrift Adventure Info.

Postby xortan » Mon, 16Oct31 21:00

Awesome :)

I think you are doing a really great job, keep up the good work!
xortan
great white shark

Postby Seztworks » Fri, 16Nov04 18:38

Weekend Developer Update - "What choice do I have?" Edition

Hello all
The weekly update to the progress towards the first release.
After having completed the character design I had a couple of tricky tasks ahead of me.
First was the design of the basic work tasks. These are the actions the player will do after the introduction and this time around they are slightly different as the player choices about what to do in each timeslot is more important then it was in Game 1. I spent a solid day doing math and time/currency budgets to simulate what the player would be facing for the first days/weeks ingame.

After that was the far more tricky design of characters, choices and interplay. After a couple of days looking at character goals, motivations, storypoints and model selection I got close but it did not click completely. The basics were solid and I knew where I had to end but the last couple of links and steps did not flow as much as I had hoped.
I did some replacements, added some new pieces and moved some stuff around and now everything makes sense, at least to me.
A very important point in design this time was to deliver story payoffs for some the cryptic stuff in Game 1 and there will be more choices that will have a direct effect on this game as well. The current design has at least 4 different endings while still allowing the transition to Game 3.

Thanks for your time and interest.
Have a nice weekend.
Seztworks
Seztworks
star of the reef

Postby Skelaturi » Fri, 16Nov04 18:55

you got no choice, now get back on your leash and start producing, should have finished the extended edition for part 3 already ;)
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

Postby Godsh » Sat, 16Nov05 11:39

So there'll be more interactions/scenes depending on the in-game time/clock? That could be tricky, looks even more harder!
Godsh
lagoon predator

Postby Seztworks » Sat, 16Nov05 13:18

Hiya Godsh

The goal is for more player options pr. timeslot but balanced out with far fewer timeslots to worry about.
The days will only be broken up in 3 ish timeslots. Morning, Afternoon, Evening.
Most events will not be dependent on weekdays, just like in game 1. If they are dependent it will be made very clear, either as a unmissable or very guided event with a clear task list entry. Known events might require you to be at a specific location at a specific time but it will be listed as such in your task list, but triggering an "unknown" event with a girl will almost always be active on all days like in the first game.
My goal is for the player to make active choices. Do I go to that meeting today or do I complete that work task to unlock something cool even if that means waiting a week for that meeting.

I hope that answers your question.
Seztworks
Seztworks
star of the reef

Postby Godsh » Sun, 16Nov06 13:04

Hey Sezt

It does! I like the idea to let the player choose which task to do at some point. So basically, a part 2 with new gameplay mechanics, more content, more things to do & see, more fun. Makes sense in some way, but that's always a good deal in my book :D
Also, as we've talked about it before, I'm always up to do a translation of your game if needed. Let me know if you are interested, even though I'm currently working on translating another game right now.

Just to make it clear, will we get a full release of this 2nd part or will it keep getting updated over the days?
In any case, that's great news you're bringin on.
Godsh
lagoon predator

Postby Seztworks » Sun, 16Nov06 14:39

The release timeline will look at bit like game 1.
Monthly chapter releases (with supporter pre-releases) with a large focus on making sure any saves are futureproof. Since I know Adrift a bit better now, this should work from the first release. I think Game 1 had "safe" saves from release 0.25.

The full release would take up to a year to complete and without any feedback from the chapter releases I might just go insane talking to myself and the game would be worse in the end.
So if you like a complete story without any breaks I would recommend ignoring any releases until the final release sometime late next year.
The choice is yours.
Seztworks
star of the reef

Postby Dole » Mon, 16Nov07 00:39

Seztworks wrote:The release timeline will look at bit like game 1.
Monthly chapter releases (with supporter pre-releases) with a large focus on making sure any saves are futureproof. Since I know Adrift a bit better now, this should work from the first release. I think Game 1 had "safe" saves from release 0.25.

The full release would take up to a year to complete and without any feedback from the chapter releases I might just go insane talking to myself and the game would be worse in the end.
So if you like a complete story without any breaks I would recommend ignoring any releases until the final release sometime late next year.
The choice is yours.

Maybe you can make a full game for the most and for yourself a small team to give feedback and for bug finding.

For me it is very difficult to remember all when a lot of time is between each release aso the most from us make a lot of other things in this time and aso plays a lot of other Games.

For example Super Powered v0.0961 get now a Intro what is not complete and this intro break all save games (in a lot of games you must beginn all time from new because all this changes). So you say not this game aso to play from begin it takes to much time and is not fun (and you know a lot from the story). In Part 1 you have had a lot of bugs only for players that begin from the beginning and not with a save so you can find this bugs easier with a small team and maybe the motivation is higher to help you.

Aso you can find easier story mistakes and you can make the game more you like.
Dole
star of the reef

Postby Seztworks » Tue, 16Nov08 22:40

The discription above is more or less how the choice is presented to the player.

If you like to get the complete game just wait until it is complete.
If you like to play along during development just download whatever the newest version is and continue from there.
If you didn't like the first game, don't play the second game.
If you thought the first game was alright, my hope is that I can improve the experience in Game 2.

It is up to you, the players, how you want to play. I hope some people will play each release as I get more feedback and corrections that way, but I completely understand if a player wants to get it all in one go.

As the creator I would like feedback, but the most important thing is that you play and enjoy the game. Whatever way you would enjoy it the most. It is entertainment after all.

On a related noted I have added the last to Design Diaries to the game forum at Seztworks Forum

Have a nice day
Seztworks
Seztworks
star of the reef

Postby KingsRaiden » Fri, 16Nov11 02:36

As much as I loved Adventure 1 I will wait for this until its done, by the time the full release had come out I'd been through it so many times the excitement was gone for me. I still haven't gone back and finished. It was awesome and I loved the work, this time I would rather sit back and enjoy.

Glad to see the sequel moving along!!
KingsRaiden
great white shark

Postby Seztworks » Wed, 16Dec07 06:45

Developer Update - "Back from the Dead" edition

Hello all
A couple of weeks with ill health has slowed development somewhat but a demo has been released to supporters and will hit these shores in time for the new year. Since I am able to read and write again it is time to talk about another development goal.

Choices have been the focus for some time. It was the main endpoint of the last game and was also one of the things that players wanted more of.
I have been trying plan to around this for Part 2 and so far it is going well.
The introduction features the first handful of choice results linked to your choices in Part 1. For now this is mostly flavour and background lore but there will be some larger effects and maybe even some surprises in the future depending on the paths you picked.
Another aspect are gameplay choices and this is the main focus of Part 2. My goal is to let the player choose between a group of different tasks and the order of that choice will unlock different paths at different times.
Lets call them Task A, B, C and D. If the player clears Task A you unlock path A1. If the player then clears Task B he unlocks path B1, but on top of that he unlocks task AB .
My design goal here is to have the players have 3-6 task choices at all times with different paths. Each task will affect each other task in some way and the order will change how the story of the characters play out. Each task is gated by different resources like time or money.
You had some choices in Himeros Hotel but it was mostly linked to what order you wanted to focus on the characters. This time around that choice should include tasks, paths and management.

That is all from me for now. Have a nice day.
Seztworks
Seztworks
star of the reef

Postby jerenyg » Fri, 16Dec09 14:10

that's a good news. Can't wait to play the part 2.
jerenyg
star of the reef

Postby yyc » Mon, 16Dec12 20:57

amazing news!!!! the previous game was amazing, I hope you use more celebrity models because The ones you used in the previous game were incredible, congrats
yyc
Pilot fish

Postby Seztworks » Thu, 16Dec15 05:12

Developer Update - "Take me to task" edition

Hello all
It is good to see some excited players out there. It always fuels my fire :)

This time I am going to talk about a feature from the first game that is being overhauled for Part 2.
The task list was a semi late addition to the last game and I think it helped a lot of people complete the game. The basic structure remains the same. The task list is updated with any known information you get and helps the player remember the "quests" they are on. This system of an updated list is also going to play some different roles in the game this time around.
The first big change is the "help" function from the first game starts out very sparse as you already should be familiar with the Adrift Basics from playing the first game. As you unlock now features the help list will be updated with those commands to remind you what options you have available.
On top of the "help" and "task" there will be a handful of other such features that will help the player in some way. These will unlock over time and would be spoilers, so you have to discover those for yourselves.

Regarding the upcoming public release I wanted to take a moment to give a small primer.
The release is a demo and is not balanced for normal play. It will be very sparse on content and might feel a bit "boring". It is the same version released to the supporters earlier this month and was intended only as an introduction to the new setting and some of the characters. It has no end markers and if you decide to try it out I would not plan on using a save from that version in the next release.
Development on the first "real" release is going very well and is on track for January. This is closer to being a complete "chapter" and will have a secure save point and end marker.

Have a nice weekend all
Seztworks
Seztworks
star of the reef

Next

Return to Other sexy games