Brad's Erotic Week (BEW) - S01, E07 (2017-12-04)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Brad's Erotic Week (BEW) - S01, E06 (2016-09-02)

Postby xsandman78 » Sun, 16Sep11 01:29

I enjoyed the latest episode. The azumi content definitely gave me a new appreciation and understanding of her character even if there was little erotic content. Obviously I would have liked more scenes but fully understand the personal circumstances which intervened and the sheer amount the inclusions sound like they are to complete.

I really enjoy the complexity of the game personally.
xsandman78
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby Wolfschadowe » Sun, 16Sep11 08:48

Nathaniel5 wrote:Does anyone know why I can't play it on Safari?
Safari has been troublesome lately. We're looking at various fixes, and in some cases it's a settings issue in Safari. Kexter might have some input, either here or on the support thread over at bew.rocks/forum

Issho wrote:If you´re really determined to even pay for guys, to help you with your renders and to speed up the rendering time, than I would suggest, that you look for companies, who offer their servers in rendering
It's not so much the render time for me. I've got a pretty hefty render system. It's more the setup, posing, lighting aspect. Once I punch the render button, I move over to the laptop and work on writing pages, or doing logic models, storyboards, or whatever until the render finishes, usually about 10-15 minutes later. Then it's an average of another 30 minutes of prepping the next render.

Asdref wrote:I really appreciate the work done, but I am unable to play this game.
I respect that. The game certainly isn't for everyone.

The game is what I call "Wide" meaning that there are many paths. The idea I envisioned about how to play, and that probably nobody does [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img] , is to do one or two playthroughs every few days or even just once or twice a week, without burning oneself out. There is no intended "best path" in the game. It's intended as an Adult Interactive Fiction experience where better success with the women comes from getting to know them on one path, and using that knowledge to unlock other paths. I'm not talking about getting to memorize their breast size and favorite color. there are other fine games for that. I'm talking about figuring out their personality, and what makes them tick. Understanding what they want. Understanding what they don't even know themselves that they want.

What some people consider "Failure" paths will actually provide insight into why things aren't going well, or will give better understanding to the character or some tidbit of knowledge. Pursuing one woman may help understand another. Each woman, when the game finishes up, will have up to 10 unique endings, not counting the "you failed to make it all the way through the game" endings, like losing the game in the first scene. I mean 10 real, substantial endings. With 8 romanceable characters that are in, or will be in the game, that's 80 different "winning the game" endings, and I'm not talking about just clicking a slightly different link, two pages from the end. I'm talking about fully developed, meaningfully different, whole game impact endings. Each ending with an epilogue that explains what happens next for the characters. Does Brad end up married with children to Emily? Or Faith? or Natalie? Does he end up in an unhappy Marriage with one, and another as a mistress? Does he end up in a happy ménage à trois? IF so, with whom? Yes to all, and more!

BEW is as much a choose your own adventure than it is a game. Ultimately, it's a game I would want to play, and that game may not be for everyone. My wife, for example, hates it. Not because of the subject matter, but because she hates any game where she has to make a meaningful decision. It stresses her out! Dragon Age? Forget about it. She loved it up until she had to make her first actual decision, and then she got so stressed out about it, that she stopped playing. :) So this game may not be for everyone, and I fully understand that. But most of all, I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to at least try it out. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

lucaskent123456 wrote:That out of the way, I must say that this last episode was a little of a letdown for me.
No worries. Episode 6 is a story episode. There will be a few more of them because they are necessary to the story and game that I'm making but I try to keep them separated out a bit. Episode 7 will also be a bit on the smaller side, although will have a bit more action. heh. Smaller, mainly because it's the tip of the iceberg of the Inclusions of the 3 new romanceable characters. Episode 8 will be somewhat huge though, as well as Episodes 9, 10 and 11, if all goes as planned, followed by a few smaller episodes again. The primary factor is how much time I have to work on the game between my real job, family, and, of course, playing a few games myself. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

xsandman78 wrote:I really enjoy the complexity of the game personally.
Appreciate it!

Thanks to everyone again for trying out the game. The support and interest in it is absolutely amazing, and far beyond anything I expected it when I released it. The game is my hobby, and I'd make it even if only a few people played it, it's really encouraging and gratifying to know that many more play the game than I ever imagined when I first released Episode 1. For those who tried BEW and don't enjoy it, I truly appreciate that you tried it out, and I've never been afraid of a bit of constructive criticism. :)
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby moskys » Sun, 16Sep11 17:53

The 'problem' now is that we can see just the tip of the iceberg. It's thursday evening (just the 2nd day) and you could have had a very good time with some girls already, but you need an almost perfect combination of clicks to find that scenes. If you fail (not miserably), you just get an ordinary chat with a friend, and maybe some useful hints about her life, her desires or even Brad's own behaviour. But it's not very much if you are looking for a sex game, so I understand why some people feel a bit disappointed. We all hope things escalate in next episodes, especially after the inclusions. But, again, it's going to take some time, which makes the game seem even slower than its story actually is.
moskys
lagoon predator

Postby lucaskent123456 » Sun, 16Sep11 19:51

Thanks for answering Wolf! Thanks again for all your effort!
lucaskent123456
Pilot fish

Postby athossico » Mon, 16Sep12 12:44

The "Full Download, Episodes 1-6 ~96MB Current 1.6.3 " link seems to be wrong: i've download ep1-5 zip.
Can you please verify?
athossico
great white shark

Postby LucaNatoli » Mon, 16Sep12 12:53

athossico wrote:The "Full Download, Episodes 1-6 ~96MB Current 1.6.3 " link seems to be wrong: i've download ep1-5 zip.
Can you please verify?

I am getting the same. It is only 1 - 5 no 6. 87.8 MB in size.
LucaNatoli
Games Master

Postby Wolfschadowe » Mon, 16Sep12 15:56

athossico wrote:The "Full Download, Episodes 1-6 ~96MB Current 1.6.3 " link seems to be wrong: i've download ep1-5 zip.
Can you please verify?

LucaNatoli wrote:I am getting the same. It is only 1 - 5 no 6. 87.8 MB in size.
I...am an ass clown. I didn't update the link when I updated the post. The main link has been updated now.

Also, in the event that my dumbassedness continues, the alt link, which is the download page for the BEW Vault, will always have the latest versions, at least one previous version, and latest patches available. Sorry for the confusion everyone!

Wolfschadowe
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby athossico » Mon, 16Sep12 19:07

Wolfschadowe wrote:Also, in the event that my dumbassedness continues, the alt link, which is the download page for the BEW Vault, will always have the latest versions, at least one previous version, and latest patches available. Sorry for the confusion everyone!

Wolfschadowe

Things that are going to happen every day, so don't worry. ;)
athossico
great white shark

Postby kexter » Thu, 16Sep22 10:34

A new patch is out, version 1.6.4: http://bew.rocks/bewep6patch
This is mostly a localization specific release with updated French, Spanish, and German translations.

Release notes:
  • Updated French localization. Thanks Serge!
  • Updated Spanish localization. Thanks moskys!
  • Partially updated German localization. Thanks OldCuteBoy!
  • Modified the format of the locale files.
  • Made the game able to fix certain types of corrupt saves. (Might need to re-export then re-import them.)
  • FIX: Certain UI elements did not utilize their translated strings even after restart.
  • FIX: An achievement did not trigger in certain scenarios.

Known issues:
  • Certain UI elements do not get translated until the game is restarted. (For example, the "Quicksave" and "Quickload" buttons.)
  • The game seems to have issues with (at least) some versions of Safari. (Appears to work fine using Safari 5.1 on Windows.)
@kextercius
kexter

i need your help

Postby flying_circus » Sat, 16Sep24 00:20

I need your help. I'm trying to find my way to unlock this f***ing bonus !!!

the achievments i have

general : pie hole, megabuck coffee, RTFM. locked : Demo master (about 80% done)

wednesday : bar gamer, drunkard, two faced, rewarded, we broke up, I can't believe i'm doing this, Happy now?, Rebound, Accommodated, Barfly, pole player, Club regular, Anything goes above the waist, Candy Caned, This is the On Switch, To the rescue, Hell Hath no fury, private dance addict, Dinner for two, wine and dine, Breakfeast connoiseur, Dinner Guru, Office regular, survived Humpday, Everybody knows your name, Stiff pole, breakfeast club, along day at the office, , hard day.

Locked wednesday : Humpday hooligan (about 80% done), office max ( about 50% done), workaholic (about 75% done)

I imagine, considering the locked achievment " ofice max master the office scene" that the missing part is at the office, on wednesday. But I have also the achievment "Ofice regular you found all the ending for the office on wednesday". So i dont understand what is the missing part...

And on second part, I don't know how to trigger the bonus and watch it, as there is no button " bonus "

This game drive me nuts ! heeeeelp, please ! :crazy:
flying_circus
great white shark

Postby Wolfschadowe » Sat, 16Sep24 00:33

Hover the mouse over the progress bar of a locked achievement and it will show hint's about what you've found, and what is missing.
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby Maurice » Sat, 16Sep24 07:36

Wolfschadowe wrote: BEW is as much a choose your own adventure than it is a game. Ultimately, it's a game I would want to play, and that game may not be for everyone. My wife, for example, hates it. Not because of the subject matter, but because she hates any game where she has to make a meaningful decision. It stresses her out! Dragon Age? Forget about it. She loved it up until she had to make her first actual decision, and then she got so stressed out about it, that she stopped playing. :) So this game may not be for everyone, and I fully understand that. But most of all, I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to at least try it out. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]

I either partially or totally get where your wife is coming from. The meaningful decisons in Dragon Age aren't really meaningful. You choose an option and the only way to find out what impact it has is finishing the entire game (this is really stressfull for such a huge game). The only way around this problem I found out was to randomly pick one option, finish the game and then finish the game by picking the other option. The game became quite a chore. And I still still only made it into awakening after a couple of years of playing.

Now I don't want to make this post about dragon age. I'd just like to point out its (imo) failure to deliver agency through meaningful decisions.
It could have been done better if the meaningful decisions were made not by one but by several consecutive choices with feedback in between.

I hope you can do better dan dragon age!

(in response to the possible complaint that giving multiple chances and feedback in one playthrough to achieve a specific outcome makes the game less fun because it makes the game too easy)
|
v
I tend to like people (both in real life and computer games) because they have a rich personality.

Preferring a difficult to persue woman over easy to persue woman (because it is harder) I consider a narcissistic kind of love.
You love yourself for being able to achieve something that other (perceived) people could not.
I think that is an unhealthy basis for a relationship (with both real people and computer games).

Now I'm not trying to discourage relationships with difficult people.
Nor am I trying to discourage inclusion of difficult people in computer games.
I think they can have wonderful rich personalities and they deserve love.
But those people, both in virtual reality and in real life, do so not because but despite them being difficult.

~

I am skipping this update because I found out the part of the game I like best sofar is the story (and over the course of more episodes more storystuff tends to happen). So I already am waiting with anticipation for the next release!
Maurice
sirens hunter

Postby flying_circus » Sun, 16Sep25 00:06

Thanks for your answer, wolfschadowe [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img] Effectively, I didn't known this tip :) But I have the same problem. I have determined that the missing achievement is "you admired Emily's breast". but I have the next achievement on workaholic "Emily told that you are the right kind of perv". To trigger the "you admired Emily's breast", isn't it the following steps ?

When she take of her Jacket :
"take a closer look"
-"look like you're getting cold already"
"(smile mischievously) yes, yes I did
and so on...

if not, i am completly lost. I ve done the office scene one million time :crazy:
flying_circus
great white shark

Postby Wolfschadowe » Sun, 16Sep25 03:19

It's a bug. The achievement is earnable, but the description should be:

"You grabbed Emily's breasts and lived."
Wolfschadowe
legend of the South Seas

Postby Tao Dude » Mon, 16Oct03 18:25

IMHO this is a brilliant game. Well done Wolfie, and keep it up.

Personally, I don't mind that it takes a while to get to the sexy bits: the game is well thought-out and is a bit of a challenge, but gettable for the most part, if you use the 'suck it and see' mini-saves properly.

I also like the modular approach with stubs for the content that is still to come.
Tao Dude
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games