For a better Lagoon

here, you can speak about shark's games. (comment, need help...)

For a better Lagoon

Postby TheDee » Fri, 15Feb27 21:22

I had an idea of the Lagoon being a professional business. Bear with me please.
The situation now is, a game is published each four months '3 games per year' Which i think is not enough.
Shark of course is busy due to his life. So we lagooners should help.
Assuming 10 lagooners pay €10 when a game is published. That's a hundred each four months which equals €300 per year!!
Obviously the work deserves more even if subscribers are a hundred.
So, how about, If Shark produces 12 mini games (One each month) along with the main games?
While discounting the subscrition to €5 per month, but on the other hand each month's game is exclusive for only 30 days. That way, instead of total contribution to the Lagoon of €30 per year, each lagooner will contribute €5 on monthly basis in return of a new game each month (60 per year instead of 30) which is not remarkable for us lagooners but it will motivate the team into making the Lagoon a more active/sustainable business for the team & a funnier place for us lagooners.
Hope you like my Idea, i will be waiting for your feedback & opinions, and are you up for such contribution?
"The Wild Can't Be Broken!"
TheDee
great white shark

sex: Female

Re: For a better Lagoon

Postby Greebo » Sat, 15Feb28 01:06

Hmm, I'm none too sure what you propose would lead to a better lagoon -- it sounds like a recipe for a games factory with either shark or someone else being volunteered as sweated labour. I visit these hallowed shores as much for fun and interaction with friends and like minded denizens of the lagoon as for the games, stories and graphical ventures -- for the fulfilment of your vision I would suspect you would be better served visiting LOP or Puso's site.

I feel a Joni Mitchell song coming on...

They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
With a pink hotel, a boutique
And a swinging hot spot

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

They took all the trees
Put 'em in a tree museum
And they charged the people
A dollar and a half just to see 'em

Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

Hey farmer farmer
Put away that DDT now
Give me spots on my apples
But leave me the birds and the bees
Please!

Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

Late last night
I heard the screen door slam
And a big yellow taxi
Took away my old man

Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
Greebo
Great Master of corals

sex: Masculine

Postby Squeeky » Sat, 15Feb28 01:43

@TheDee.
Greebo is quite correct, a games factory!
Shark has often stated that he makes games for his enjoyment, he does not particularly like to be tied to deadlines, avoiding them where he can.
To "mass produce" games would not fall favourably with the Team overall, we can only supply a certain amount of ideas for to support any specific theme that Shark proposes. What takes so long between games? Shark's does like to create his own sceneries. Obviously they take time. Attention to animations including what specific player responses are need to progress (and I don't necessarily mean good/bad ending traps) need to be carefully thought otherwise actions would become too predicticable - sure we might predict what is required but how to enact that does change.
Mass production would surely see Shark (and the Team) losing interest, the quality of our offerings dropping and general dissatisfaction of everyone.

Shark has not set out to make money from his games, just sufficient that he can maintain the server (which is the prime reason for the Priv-Box) and his passion for developing his interest.

Ah! Greebo "Big Yellow Taxi", yes says it purrfectly. [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby jfrancois323 » Sat, 15Feb28 01:58

if Shark has to make a mini game each month, i fear that the game quality will suffer. because he will be in a total stress to be sure to get to the dead line. i prefer 3 great games the 15 so so games. and most of all, 12 mini games make less time to work on main game!!
jfrancois323
star of the reef

Postby paquito » Sat, 15Feb28 06:19

If I have to choose, I would prefer 2 bigger games each year.
1 game each six months doesn't seem too bad for me, more scenes and maybe new gameplay types, that would let more time to the team to experimente new things.
Last edited by paquito on Sat, 15Feb28 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby ZaphodB » Sat, 15Feb28 19:39

paquito wrote:If I have to choose, I would prefer 2 bigger game each year.
1 game each six months doesn't seem to bad for me, more scenes and maybe new gameplay types, that would let more time to the team to experimente new things.

I agree. While it is a little frustrating when there is such a delay between new games and I would certainly like more, what is important is quality. I want to see good games with a good story with plenty of variety and those things take time. There are so few people who make games of this quality. Shark rarely, if ever, lets us down and when he splits up games into parts, they are always feel about the right size. In business, when there is pressure of time, quality almost inevitably suffers and it is not terribly enjoyable for those who are working extra hard.
ZaphodB
lagoon predator

Postby Bischoflobo » Fri, 15Mar06 09:10

rather wait longer and a great game which is greater
Bischoflobo
sirens hunter

Postby tallpine62 » Tue, 15Mar10 06:09

as hard as it is to wait for the new games, it is rewarding to receive the quality of the game that the team produces, it is better to wait. hay team, i would love to see more girl/girl action, just me saying.. you are doing a fantastic service to us all.
tallpine62
lagoon predator

Postby TheDee » Sat, 15Apr04 01:19

I think it is a win-win situation, where Shark will be better appreciation for his work, we get to play more games. But never mind it was just an idea. Hope you're all fine, cheer's :)
TheDee
great white shark

Postby TheDee » Sat, 15Apr04 01:27

@Squeeky
If you're thinking of a factory game then you missed my point.
Same stories shall continue, same characters, same everything. With just a bit of extra work and deadlines orientation, Shark already likes drawing, and he has a passion for these games. So why not have an opportunity for all his archeived ideas to be put into series instead of bulking them into large games?
TheDee
great white shark

Postby Squeeky » Sat, 15Apr04 01:59

@TheDee.
No, I don't think I missed your point.
Shark has stated that he makes his games for his own enjoyment, and that does mean not being constrained to meet deadlines.
Similarly Shark has no want to build a series, well, Game1, Game2, one after the other. I don't recall if he has expressed this in open forums but he says that he gets bored following the same theme. Thus you see The HA series being punctuated by things like "Campus", "Castle Whispers", "The Jungle Call".
As you may have seen, the new adventure has returned to characters drawn from HA. "Teasing Holidays" had links back to "Campus".
Will Shark similarly return to the "medieval" or Japan?

No, Shark is not interested in churning out a series of games, eg: one bi-monthly, that would kill his own enjoyment, interest and creativity.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby lucky loser » Sun, 15Apr05 00:26

The only thing I'd like to see is maybe a longer subscription to the Priv Box.

Otherwise, carry on! :kiss2:
lucky loser
star of the reef

Postby kokinous » Sun, 15Apr05 09:47

lucky loser wrote:The only thing I'd like to see is maybe a longer subscription to the Priv Box.

As for the site of pusooy I believe that it's 6 months of access

I have just seen that the part 4 of castle gravenstein is in his priv box [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]
kokinous
lagoon predator

Postby seyfi » Sun, 15Apr05 11:30

kokinous wrote:
lucky loser wrote:The only thing I'd like to see is maybe a longer subscription to the Priv Box.

As for the site of pusooy I believe that it's 6 months of access

I have just seen that the part 4 of castle gravenstein is in his priv box [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]

I think everyone has their own style,to do his website .And only shark may determine how long it allows a member of the priv-box .You should be fair.In these games are a lot of work. And work has its price.
seyfi
great white shark

Return to Shark's games