Stool Pigeon

here, you can speak about shark's games. (comment, need help...)

Re: Stool Pigeon

Postby Squeeky » Fri, 14Oct31 05:32

I can understand Greebo's stance, it is the confusion between two terms "stool pigeon" and "fall-guy".
Both are "set up". The "stoolie" is deliberately set up with the knowledge to present a false guise so that some operation can be carried out. This is what Eugene is about but in a more circumspect way, he is to inform the gang that he is what they may want to believe. Unfortunately for him however he does represent a "fall-guy", again with a twist. He is conned into a role about which there was never ever going to be a way out.

I personally didn't consider Greebo's explanation too closely at the time, I was casually accepting it, but after fleet's comment I did reflect about the times I've heard the term in various TV series.
See this link also.

I can't leave here however before expressing some dismay as to how much of the adverse comment has been written.
I know JIMMYJOHN has personally sought to understand this. Critique is fine, but ......

Prior to release I personally felt that this had merit, and obviously so did Shark otherwise he would not have put his name to it in partnership.
True there are some text issues that still have not been addressed but they should not be seen as enough to denigrate a game.

The work is offered by a man who, in his profession, has to work with high quality graphics. All of his work at the Lagoon is as an amateur and somewhat different to his his business. The graphics has been criticised by at least one. If it was quality of image then those persons need to understand that our artist has to compromise by reducing his imagery to the size format in which Shark works.

Without dwelling upon the matter, just how would this have been received if it had not been aligned with Shark’s name? Does Shark’s logo always have to prove that the work has the “stamp of excellence”?

Believe me, when conflicts arise within the Team, Shark is very ready to say: “Stop! ‘The Lagoon’ was made as place for fun!” Can we also treat all of our artists similarly? Sure, be prepared to question critically but remember, we don’t want damaged souls littering the beaches of ‘The Lagoon’.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

sex: Masculine

Postby captainx » Fri, 14Oct31 16:26

Dude keeps jumping off the balcony! Can somebody nudge me in the right direction from letting that happen?

thx
captainx
great white shark

Postby captainx » Fri, 14Oct31 16:53

Nevermind...got it. Duh.
captainx
great white shark

Postby Greyelf » Tue, 14Dec23 22:01

captainx wrote:Dude keeps jumping off the balcony! Can somebody nudge me in the right direction from letting that happen?

I am also stuck at this point, could someone offer a hint (here or PM) on how to proceed. ty

edited: I finally found which of his body parts to click on. *smile*
Last edited by Greyelf on Sat, 14Dec27 23:21, edited 1 time in total.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby jancsi » Sat, 14Dec27 00:08

Mylene defenately needs more and harder actions... unfortunately the game is short and sex scenes are "too light" for me... but nice work!!! thx
jancsi
sirens hunter

Postby tallpine62 » Mon, 15Apr13 21:12

I just finished Stool Pigeon and it is another super game, all need to remember this is a game you do not have to pay for so to criticize is somewhat foolish. ( as in a dog should not bite the hand that feels him ) keep to the fine work Shark and Team!
tallpine62
lagoon predator

Postby jfrancois323 » Tue, 15Apr14 04:02

but it's not always the case! a Critic could be constructive & help make better games,BUT it must be constructive!

but it's true, this is a great game, sometime hard to find the hotspot!!
jfrancois323
star of the reef

Postby fairyglen » Tue, 15Apr21 02:08

whan is this coming out please
fairyglen
great white shark

Postby LRM » Tue, 15Apr21 06:11

Not until something else takes it's place. Not a new Shark adventure.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Malus » Fri, 15May08 11:01

Hello everybody,
Im stuck at the password scene. I ready here that it is the first person the comedian meets. Well if it isn´t Freddy and Aldo it is the guy with the square head on the couch that. I tried it with big letter and all small but it didn´t work. So is this hint wrong? Any other help?
Malus
Pilot fish

Postby LRM » Fri, 15May08 15:16

The hint is correct. It isn't any of those guys. I suggest an additional hint a page back that may help.
Lou
There isn't a help word like most of Shark's games. There is a name you'll need later to unlock a phone.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby tallpine62 » Wed, 15Jun24 11:00

I was just wondering when Stool Pigeon might show up in Sharks Games, anyone have a educated guess as to when this might happen?
tallpine62
lagoon predator

Postby luke » Wed, 15Jun24 12:36

Usually, shark release his games in free section when a new one come in the priv-box.
But, stool pigeon was made in cooperation with JimmyJohn, and when it came in priv-box, shark released their previous cooperation (Narco) for free.
So i assume that he will release stool pigeon for free when they make a new game. Unless both of them are agree to do it without a new game
(sorry for my bad English)
Que la Force de Shark soit avec toi / May the Shark Force be with you
luke

Postby paquito » Wed, 15Jun24 12:44

It works that way... Usually...
But Jimmyjohn wasn't sure to make another game (remember the pinkvendetta case) after Stool Pigeon. So, we can just wait and see...
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby Rikwar » Sat, 15Aug15 09:23

Thank you Shark [img]smile/thumb.gif[/img]
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

PreviousNext

Return to Shark's games