CAMPUS

here, you can speak about shark's games. (comment, need help...)

Re: CAMPUS

Postby Solid Snake » Thu, 13May16 23:13

J'ai vu les 4 fins de ce merveilleux jeu.

Pour éviter de spoilier, je me contenterais de rappeler ceci aux joueurs :

Souvenez-vous de ( ou mieux, jouez à ) Rivalries, un précédent opus de Maitre Sharks. Posez-vous cette question : comment obtenir les 4 Fins ( 'Evelyn', 'Angelica', 'All' et la plus difficile 'Lola' ) ? ... Ca vous revient ? ... Si oui, vous êtes sur la bonne route !!!

Je n'ai qu'un seul regret : je n'ai pas trouvé le 'Hint-Word' par moi-même.
Le Sage dit : " Toute chose a des limites. Savoir celà, et savoir où elles sont, sont déjà en soi des marques de sagesse."
Solid Snake
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby kessie8yl » Fri, 13May17 00:54

This thing about "hint words" is starting to feel a bit cliquey now... Anyone who has regularly done crosswords in a particular newspaper will tell you that you get to know the style of the different compilers, the sort of words they use, etc, and this gives you an advantage when it comes to solving future puzzles.

It seems pointless to me to have a hint word but keep it such a closely guarded secret that only the few who know the history pretty well, and so know the type of words Shark would use, would ever guess what it is...

I've never been all that bothered about the hints, which is just as well. The last one I saw was "H". which should give you some idea - but I don't see why they can't be published somewhere (of course allow a game to be around a little while to stop people jumping straight into "cheat mode" the minute the game is released). Being able to see which words have been used for previous games might narrow the field down a little but that would only put the rest of us on a level playing field with the "insiders" when it comes to guessing the hint word in a new game.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby LRM » Fri, 13May17 01:19

Do you mean like this?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2179
Lou
Anyone except Shark, posting the help word in the previous releases, resulted in banishment.
Feeling lucky? It's a small price to pay for a free game IMO.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby jfrancois323 » Fri, 13May17 05:44

Solid Snake wrote:J'ai vu les 4 fins de ce merveilleux jeu.

Souvenez-vous de ( ou mieux, jouez à ) Rivalries, un précédent opus de Maitre Sharks. Posez-vous cette question : comment obtenir les 4 Fins ( 'Evelyn', 'Angelica', 'All' et la plus difficile 'Lola' ) ? ... Ca vous revient ? ... Si oui, vous êtes sur la bonne route !!!

Le Sage dit : " Toute chose a des limites. Savoir celà, et savoir où elles sont, sont déjà en soi des marques de sagesse."

Le Hint word a toujours un rapport avec le jeu, par expérience, ça peut être le nom d'un personnage, un lieu. Mais dans tous les cas, il est possible de le trouver par soi même. Celui de Nanny's day, je l'avais trouver avec sa distribution. Fait important, Il contient toujours 5 lettres et c'est un mot en anglais !! Ne désespère pas !
jfrancois323
star of the reef

Postby kessie8yl » Fri, 13May17 07:37

LRM wrote:Do you mean like this?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2179
Lou
Anyone except Shark, posting the help word in the previous releases, resulted in banishment.
Feeling lucky? It's a small price to pay for a free game IMO.

"Shark in the early pages of every thread discloses the word, Type any word you think it might be until you discover what the word actually is".

Er - No, not really...
[mod edit -- the following has been added after my following comment and possibly after an aside, so that the poster attempts to justify himself]
I suspect it took about 3 pages into this thread but I've just typed in every word of 3 letters or more that Shark's posted, forwards and backwards, and it's done absolutely sweet FA...

Like I said, if we could see what the old words were it might give us a better idea what we're looking for. I was never suggesting posting the word for new games - in fact I thought I was pretty specific to the contrary, and of course Shark should be the only person to decide when to make it public - although by then a lot of people will have told each other in PM anyway. Another case of it being not what you know, but who you know... Cliquey, like I said.
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby Squeeky » Fri, 13May17 08:20

I don't understand the point of dwelling upon "hint" words.
Sure there are those who sacrifice their mental enjoyment by seeking a "quick fix", try to get through the storyline just to say that they "finished the game".
I think too, many enjoy the cryptic hints that are provided by those members who have succeeded.

I'm very much inclined to feel that this is somewhat off-topic and needs a thread of its own. As such, let's drop it within this thread.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby kessie8yl » Fri, 13May17 08:26

Squeeky wrote:I don't understand the point of dwelling upon "hint" words.
Sure there are those who sacrifice their mental enjoyment by seeking a "quick fix", try to get through the storyline just to say that they "finished the game".
I think too, many enjoy the cryptic hints that are provided by those members who have succeeded.

I'm very much inclined to feel that this is somewhat off-topic and needs a thread of its own. As such, let's drop it within this thread.

As I said, the last time I used one it was "H"... but this time I am stuck on one of the endings so probably would use the hint if I could find out what it was but, having no experience of using them... It's rather my point, you see?
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby LRM » Fri, 13May17 09:53

@ kessie8yl & anyone else that can't find the help word!
I assure you Shark has posted it, in this thread, and that it works. It is case and spelling sensitive (it must be typed exactly as it appears in Shark's post). My description of how to find it works as well. If you look away from the keyboard you may miss it.
kessie8yl if my memory is correct you found a way to advance the game not the help word. That was never supposed to be released has been negated!
Lou
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby kessie8yl » Fri, 13May17 10:01

LRM wrote:@ kessie8yl & anyone else that can't find the help word!
I assure you Shark has posted it, in this thread, and that it works. It is case and spelling sensitive (it must be typed exactly as it appears in Shark's post). My description of how to find it works as well. If you look away from the keyboard you may miss it.
kessie8yl if my memory is correct you found a way to advance the game not the help word. That was never supposed to be released has been negated!
Lou

I honestly don't know what you mean Lou "advance the game not the help word"? - Please PM me.

A case of mistaken identity, I think... I doubt I'm clever enough to have done that Lou, but thanks for the PM :)
kessie8yl
legend of the South Seas

Postby spitzertyp » Fri, 13May17 11:41

I see shark had writtten about 5 or 6 replies in this thread. That is not that much, not 1000 words, butt not only 10. With a litttle thinking everyone will be able to find it, i am sure! In ONE of his posts you can find the hint word.
So imo it can't be that complicated to find it.
Good Luck!
spitzertyp
Games Master

Postby luke » Fri, 13May17 12:17

jfrancois323 wrote:
Solid Snake wrote:J'ai vu les 4 fins de ce merveilleux jeu.

Le Hint word a toujours un rapport avec le jeu, par expérience, ça peut être le nom d'un personnage, un lieu. Mais dans tous les cas, il est possible de le trouver par soi même. Celui de Nanny's day, je l'avais trouver avec sa distribution. Fait important, Il contient toujours 5 lettres et c'est un mot en anglais !! Ne désespère pas !

Attention, attention... Ce n'est pas parce que Shark a utilisé des mots de 5 lettres (toujours ? pas si sûr, faudrait que je vérifie ça) que c'est forcément le cas tout le temps... et, en l'occurrence, ça ne l'est pas ! En majeur, c'est en rapport avec le jeu, mais des fois pas totalement, sinon, il serait trop simple à trouver, ce qui est encore le cas avec Campus. En anglais, ça oui (ben oui, la grande majorité des joueurs sont anglophones, même si Shark est français). Par contre, ce qui est absolument certain, c'est qu'il le donne toujours dans un message du fil du jeu. Mais toujours de manière subtile, c'est jamais du style "the hint word is ...".
Mais, en même temps, le découvrir n'apporte strictement rien quand on a réussi à terminer le jeu. Le seul et unique but de ce mot d'aide est d'indiquer où cliquer quand on pense l'avoir fait sur chaque pixel de l'image et qu'on commence à perdre patience.
Que la Force de Shark soit avec toi / May the Shark Force be with you
luke

Postby anggus » Fri, 13May17 15:25

Haha can we shift our attention back to finding the matthew ending in this game? :crazy:

I kid....somehwat :p
anggus
great white shark

Postby ihutch » Fri, 13May17 16:05

Ok the secret word is no help in getting the ending for Matthew ...

not that I expected it would

I can only think of one thing ....

If it works I will leave a hint
ihutch
great white shark

Postby katakana132 » Fri, 13May17 16:26

the Matthew ending requires Alyssa to share her internet, lace up her sneaks and spend time with the boys before she finally turns her focus to Mathew

hope that wasn't too straight forward
katakana132
lagoon predator

Postby ihutch » Fri, 13May17 17:06

katakana132 wrote:the Matthew ending requires Alyssa to share her internet, lace up her sneaks and spend time with the boys before she finally turns her focus to Mathew

hope that wasn't too straight forward

thank you finally .... it was a combination ..... I just did not get it right as I always more than 2 points with Matthew ....
Following katakana123 path above i get at the end Matthew 2 Others 0
ihutch
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Shark's games