next game?

here, you can speak about shark's games. (comment, need help...)

Re: next game?

Postby shark » Fri, 15Dec04 07:51

Hey! the posts of this thread become excessive!
I only said that I lacked time to work on the game and to give news on twitter. I also have difficulty speaking about the script of the new game because I often change the scenario.
I smiled when Didou suggested to revise the "trade policy and communication" because these are words that are used for very big and structured companies and it's not my case.
I'm honoured when players tell me they are impatient and they want to know when the game will come out, although I am unable to answer.
There is nothing in that wich justifies the criticism of some over the others.
Be cool, guys! I hope you'll enjoy the next game.
shark
Site Admin

sex: Masculine

Postby Issho » Fri, 15Dec04 14:27

Hello Mister Shark,

i got one question about the graphic engine you use. Did you create it yourself or do you use a program for that? (Like Daz3D)
Issho
great white shark

Postby shark » Fri, 15Dec04 16:21

All the characters were created with 3ds max from simple shapes (spheres, cubes).
Same for the sceneries but I also use objects in 3ds formats found on the net.
shark
Site Admin

Postby tallpine62 » Tue, 15Dec08 18:24

shark wrote:Hey! the posts of this thread become excessive!
I only said that I lacked time to work on the game and to give news on twitter. I also have difficulty speaking about the script of the new game because I often change the scenario.
I smiled when Didou suggested to revise the "trade policy and communication" because these are words that are used for very big and structured companies and it's not my case.
I'm honoured when players tell me they are impatient and they want to know when the game will come out, although I am unable to answer.
There is nothing in that wich justifies the criticism of some over the others.
Be cool, guys! I hope you'll enjoy the next game.

Thank you Mr. Shark for bringing to light the truth behind our inquires, your council is both timely and good! and your new game will be immensely enjoyed WHEN you bring it forth. waiting patiently as one of your many loyal fans.
tallpine62
lagoon predator

Postby lucky loser » Tue, 15Dec08 21:34

Looking forward to it! Thanks for all you do!

:draguelettre:
lucky loser
star of the reef

Postby TheDee » Wed, 15Dec09 01:05

Hello,
I don't really understand why this topic is making everybody nervous wether a subscriber waiting for the game or a team member who's advising repeatedly of being quiet.
Any artist is chased for their next artwork, whether a movie, an album or even a post on Instagram or Facebook.
That's what fans do, they wait 'Impatiently', otherwose they wouldn't be fans.
& Shark is totaly wise with his answer, as release dates cannot be specified.
So instead of all those posts, why doesn't a team member keep posting that 'Work is in progress, work is 30% percent complete, 2nd scene is taking so much time etc' anything that makes communication easy & smooth.
Fans are not asking for a game every week!! Fans NEVER ask for updates before a month of no updates.
& since Sharks keeps a low profile, i think a team member should handle the announcements 'I'd recomend Squeeky for his diplomacy & good vocabulary' so that Shark is not bothered by the frequent repeated questions. But keeping this topic so tense puts much pressure & causes miscommunication between the team & fans. & it will save all the unneeded lessons about patience & a lot of arguments.
Neither fans nor Shark is asking for too much, but its an issue with miscommunication.
"The Wild Can't Be Broken!"
TheDee
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby Squeeky » Wed, 15Dec09 03:09

** Smiles ** somewhat embarrassed.

No. What you say and ask is by no means outrageous but really not possible.
Unfortunately the "Team" really is in no position to know what Shark has in mind at any specific point.
During development Shark will pass ideas to us for comment, or seek suggestions for advancement.
During that time translations and proofreading occurs.

Let me return to "at any specific point".
It would be folly for Shark to announce something which he might find is not going to work, and post that on twitter.

Fans must learn to understand, and accommodate into their thinking, why they cannot be updated as they might expect.

I alluded to something above which has some pertinence on this, and Shark did make a comment.
An excerpt from my online translation reads:"But as soon as I have a moment, I work on the current project because I had the idea to release the game for Christmas, although I realize that the days pass and it may not be possible."
I am looking at today's date and realise that Shark does not have something to test (as well as the text for edit and translation) at this moment. Should, and I say advisedly "should", he do such a release to the "Team" in the next day or two, it is unlikely that our testings and translations could make it before Xmas Eve.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby DiTo » Wed, 15Dec09 03:26

And if I might add to Squeeks words:

A New Year is nearing, and then there will be even 366 days for a new game to be published!!
:41:
D.
DiTo
legend of the South Seas

Postby TheDee » Wed, 15Dec09 10:37

@Squeeky
See? Where did you learn about 'Diplomacy'?
I'm very pleased with your comment & i nothing further to say.
I noticed i post a lot, but that's due to the nature of my life, i'm free 16 hours a day with absolutely no responsibilities at all.
Thank you Squeeky.
@Dito
By next Christmas i think i'll be too busy to come here anymore, so it's the least of my problems what happens next :))
"The Wild Can't Be Broken!"
TheDee
great white shark

Postby dutchie » Wed, 15Dec09 20:08

thanks for the pictures [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
dutchie
great white shark

Postby HeyChief » Thu, 15Dec10 00:08

Hey all I use to be a moderator on the web site, and i can state from experience that to try and make a prediction on how a game will go or a "release Date" is very very shaky at best.
Just enjoy the suspense and try and dream up a Great new game for the Creation team!
Just saying Hey Chief [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
HeyChief
lagoon predator

Postby NoPanic » Sat, 15Dec12 22:39

Salut ici!

Arrêtez svp de crier au scandale. la grande majorité ici (dont moi), préfère largement 2/3 excellents jeux par an comme c'est le cas depuis toujours ici, que 7/8 jeux moyens.
Et il a déjà été dit que Shark ne vivait pas de ses jeux.
Ne soyez pas déçu s'il y a pas de jeu pour Noêl, vaut mieux qu'il soit bien et terminé pour janvier.

Btw Shark une idée me traverse: pourquoi tu ne release pas en version gratuite des bonus scène quand les gens commencent à raler trop fort et que le jeu sort un peu plus tard que d'habitude?
Ce serait peut être une bonne idée non?
D'autant que cela ne te demandes pas de boulot, que les gens qui les ont pas faites en payant ont une impression de nouveauté et pour les autres, c'est l'occasion de refaire le jeu sachant que la scène est pas dispo dans le jeu?
Pourquoi ne pas release par ex la bonus scène de Campus avec Miss rempton?
NoPanic
sirens hunter

Postby kokinous » Sun, 15Dec20 12:45

Shark pour le prochain jeu tu vas garder le principe avec les étoiles à trouver comme le dernier jeu perfect wife
kokinous
lagoon predator

Postby Squeeky » Sun, 15Dec20 22:56

Techniques diffèrent selon les besoins d'un jeu.

Techniques will differ according to the needs of a game.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby jissou » Sat, 15Dec26 12:02

super nouvelle shark merci
jissou
great white shark

PreviousNext

Return to Shark's games