next game?

here, you can speak about shark's games. (comment, need help...)

Re: next game?

Postby paquito » Thu, 15Jun25 07:54

A story in an orbital space colony could be great... Without gravity, the sex scenes could be a bit more fancy... There is no need for weird aliens.
By the way, sex in space is a very serious topic for many scientists, for obvious reasons like space colonization.
A story like this could be focused on primal pulses and loneliness, when a man (or a woman) is in a very confined space for long time with really few human contacts with the opposite sex (in the more common situations), or even any (like sailors), he becomes hungry for sex.
paquito
legend of the South Seas

sex: Masculine

Postby Squeeky » Thu, 15Jun25 08:46

@paquito.
Those points are well made.
jfrancois323, yourself or some other might like to take such thoughts further, be the setting in space, a tall masted ship or desert island.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby TheAce » Sat, 15Jun27 04:31

paquito wrote:A story in an orbital space colony could be great... Without gravity, the sex scenes could be a bit more fancy... There is no need for weird aliens.
By the way, sex in space is a very serious topic for many scientists, for obvious reasons like space colonization.
A story like this could be focused on primal pulses and loneliness, when a man (or a woman) is in a very confined space for long time with really few human contacts with the opposite sex (in the more common situations), or even any (like sailors), he becomes hungry for sex.

While I prefer mystery/horror, Sci fi is also good.
TheAce
sirens hunter

Postby paquito » Sat, 15Jun27 07:58

It is not really Sci-Fi anymore... In this context anyway...
paquito
legend of the South Seas

Postby lucky loser » Tue, 15Jun30 09:45

Squeeky wrote:Shark is working on a story proposed by a reasonably new member to the Lagoon.
This work has been under progress since just after the publication of "The Cruise".
Since this is a collaborative venture between the two, the members of the team have not been required for input so it would be most improper to release even the sketchiest of details. Just be satisfied that Shark is not lazing on a bed of sand at the bottom of the Lagoon. :-)

Very exciting news- thanks for the update!

:kiss1:
lucky loser
star of the reef

Postby didou » Wed, 15Jul08 00:08

Hi,

Why there is no news of the next game? There is nothing on twitter. I think it would be nice to know after 3 months if a new game exist officialy. Is a new game out of here one month?

Merci / Thanks
didou
great white shark

Postby Squeeky » Wed, 15Jul08 02:43

Firstly, read the comment above yours.
Secondly, there is development going ahead but .... since this is a collaborative exercise it will take longer than normal. End of the month? Please ... impatience, which I sense in your ask, will not pressure Shark (and his collaborator) to work to a deadline.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby didou » Wed, 15Jul08 17:08

First, no pressure, no, I was asking the question out of curiosity, is it forbidden?
Secondly, I am not looking forward as you can think of, sorry if my message leaves it seem.
I read that a game put 4 months to do this and I noticed that it was often so. hence the made I wonder why three months preceding the game we did not have any news? this is not to put pressure I am 3d game developers, so I understand that a game takes time, but I also think that inform members punctually is not a bad thing.

sorry for my bad english
didou
great white shark

Postby tallpine62 » Wed, 15Jul08 17:17

My observation is that Mr. Shark and team has never failed us with new and exciting games, from time travel to the days of old to modern times and all games have been most enjoyable, many of us have ideas for new games, some are acceptable and some or not, but Mr. Shark has his taste and all of us have found his games to be the best, his format to playing is by far superior to all other games found on the net or anywhere else, ALL of us should contribute when we can and enjoy the masters ideas. Thank You for letting me share my thoughts.
tallpine62
lagoon predator

Postby LRM » Wed, 15Jul08 18:59

tallpine62 wrote:My observation is that Mr. Shark and team has never failed us with new and exciting games, from time travel to the days of old to modern times and all games have been most enjoyable, many of us have ideas for new games, some are acceptable and some or not, but Mr. Shark has his taste and all of us have found his games to be the best, his format to playing is by far superior to all other games found on the net or anywhere else, ALL of us should contribute when we can and enjoy the masters ideas. Thank You for letting me share my thoughts.

@ tallpine62;
I like your post, Thanks.
@ everyone else:
Shark works at his own pace. A new game every 3-4 months is normal but in no way a must happen. WHEN a new game is ready for release it will be. All the "When will it appear"s, ever posted won't make it available one day sooner! When Shark's form of relaxation becomes a job I suspect he'll quit doing it! Please don't speed that day along!
Lou
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby shark » Wed, 15Jul08 19:43

It is always difficult to talk about a project when it is just starting. Often, the story changes a lot during the making of the game.
So I wait that the script is fixed before presenting the game.
The new game is 75% complete and I will put pictures on twitter soon.
shark
Site Admin

Postby didou » Wed, 15Jul08 23:43

great news shark and thank you
didou
great white shark

Postby TheDee » Sat, 15Jul11 00:38

@Lou
I believe that's untrue.
Any artist should be flattered that his audience are waiting for his next work, and if Shark doesn't like being waited or encouraged i don't know what to say about that.
i don't believe Shark is making those games for his own fun, they are for us, and we are doing our job expecting/waiting/encouraging him!
"The Wild Can't Be Broken!"
TheDee
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby didou » Sat, 15Jul11 01:49

@TheDee
I like your post, Thanks. I agree with this. ;)
Thank you Shark for images on Twiitter. As always very good work. [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
didou
great white shark

Postby LRM » Sat, 15Jul11 02:27

TheDee wrote:@Lou
I believe that's untrue.
Any artist should be flattered that his audience are waiting for his next work, and if Shark doesn't like being waited or encouraged i don't know what to say about that.
i don't believe Shark is making those games for his own fun, they are for us, and we are doing our job expecting/waiting/encouraging him!

Evening Ms Dees;
Let's say for example, you enjoy preparing a meal for your mate. At 17:00 your mate asks when dinner will be ready. You're working your tookus off trying to prepare it and don't answer. @ 17:20 your mate asks again. It's a meal you've not prepared before and you really don't know. Once again, you toil on with no answer. It's now 17:30 and once more you hear "When's dinner?". My mate would beat me about the head and ears with the damned skillet, or tell me if I want it sooner I should get off my dead ass and prepare it for myself!!!
Artists need to know we love and appreciate their work (I/we certainly do). They shouldn't be taken away from their work to answer this stupid damned question over and over, or bear the pressure it adds. If ever you've seen the avalanche of "You promised" posts when a date's missed, you'd understand why anyone that's been there doesn't give target dates!
You are correct; Shark enjoys providing us with his vision of every game he releases. In large part he does it for his own enjoyment (including our thanks). The end product has always been his vision, at his pace. No question will change the output or provide it one millisecond sooner!!!
Many sites that cater to participant provided updates and releases, ban that question outright! IMO (InMyOpinion) we should as well! If my memory's correct we stopped frowning on that question once the Priv-Box became a reality.
Lou
Patience is a virtue!
Got Wood?
LRM

PreviousNext

Return to Shark's games