Download problem

here, you can speak about shark's games. (comment, need help...)

Download problem

Postby blevins29 » Sun, 11Aug21 16:42

I can't seem to download the just released DAS3.zip file from rapidshare. I login, click on download to computer on the page showing the DAS3 file, choose free download,and get directed to the Rapidshare main page without any download taking place.
I'm using IE as my browser. Any suggestions? I've downloaded from rapidshare before.
blevins29
great white shark

Re: Download problem

Postby Loup Garou » Sun, 11Aug21 17:45

I had no problem downloading, but then I am using Firefox. However, it is possible that you are just mildly confused by the lay out of the page. You should see -- in the lower right area -- 3 boxes titled "Buy RapidPro!", "Save file to... your computer", and "Save file to... your RapidShare account".

Click the "Download" button in the "save file to your computer" box, and you should get the download box for DAS3. If that is what you did, and nothing happened, then I have absolutely no idea how to help you. 8-)
Loup Garou
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby blevins29 » Mon, 11Aug22 04:20

Yeah - I followed the correct steps (even tried turning off the firewall first). Once I choose free download I get a "Internet Explorer has blocked download" message bar which I click on and choose "Download File". At this time I expect to get the timing countdown for free users followed by the file location selection box for the download - BUT I get none of that; only the opening of the RapidShare home page. I even tried transfering the file to my Rapidshare account (which worked) but when I tried to download it from there the same sequence of events occured.
Thinking the Internet Explorer must have a setting stopping the download (although I download files regularly with this desktop computer), I got out my laptop (which also has IE) and tried to use it but got the same results - no download.
blevins29
great white shark

Postby blevins29 » Mon, 11Aug22 05:01

After hours of trying I finally got it to work by going to my internet options and changing a couple of settings to "enable". Like I said, I've downloaded from Rapidshare in the past without any problem - These settings were not changed by me so I'm thinking the batch of IE security updates I recently downloaded must have changed them for me. But "all is good" - I'm able to download from there again.
blevins29
great white shark

Postby Loup Garou » Wed, 11Aug24 05:10

Shit happens. The internet is an imperfect place. Modifications of servers screw up enable/disable commands all the time (well... actually... never happened to me, but.. still...) 8-)
Loup Garou
star of the reef

Postby Bonhomie » Wed, 11Aug24 11:06

Blevins - can you elaborate please about the settings.

I have had EXACTLY the same problem - it started with Milly's latest episode and continued with DAS3 - it's been driving me nuts, and I have posted inside both the relevant threads about it.

Thnaks
Bonhomie
Games Master

Postby Squeeky » Wed, 11Aug24 12:18

Bonhomie wrote:Blevins - can you elaborate please about the settings.

I have had EXACTLY the same problem - it started with Milly's latest episode and continued with DAS3 - it's been driving me nuts, and I have posted inside both the relevant threads about it.

Thnaks

Offered a PM as a possible hope for you.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby luke » Wed, 11Aug24 12:37

Sharks made an upload on megaupload for D&S3: viewtopic.php?p=42427#p42427
Que la Force de Shark soit avec toi / May the Shark Force be with you
luke

Postby blevins29 » Thu, 11Aug25 01:15

Bonhomie wrote:Blevins - can you elaborate please about the settings.

Thnaks

I changed two items to "enable" - Not sure which one made it finally work.
In IE click on TOOLS, then INTERNET OPTIONS, choose the SECURITY tab, Custom Level, and change the following to Enable:
1) Automatic prompting for active X controls
2) Automatic prompting for file downloads
I feel #2 may have been the problem but I changed them both.
blevins29
great white shark

Postby Solid Snake » Thu, 13Jan17 14:06

A toute la vaste Communauté du Lagon,

Très Important

Rapidshare a changé : tout fichier est désormais considéré comme privé par défaut et donc ne peut être téléchargé que par l'Uploader en titre.

Espérons que - soit Rapidshare va revenir à un fonctionnement plus classique,
- soit Maitre Sharks et la Sharks Team trouvent une astuce pour nous faire partager leurs futures oeuvres.

Amicalement,
Solid Snake
great white shark

Postby shark » Thu, 13Jan17 15:23

Merci pour l'info Solid Snake. J'ai activé les permissions pour télécharger les fichiers de jeux et Milly. Est-ce que quelqu'un peut faire un essai?
Pour les fichiers "walkthroughs", c'est un peu plus compliqués car il étaient sur le compte rapidshare d'Arnulf. Ils faut que je les télécharge sur mon propre compte.
shark
Site Admin

Postby Greebo » Thu, 13Jan17 17:36

Works okay for me on Milly 40
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby lagoonwolf » Thu, 13Jan17 18:02

shark wrote:Merci pour l'info Solid Snake.

En effet.
Je trouvais le message de rapidshare inhabituel. "download permission denied..."
Maintenant tout est clair.
@Shark, ça fonctionne. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
lagoonwolf
great white shark

Postby Solid Snake » Fri, 13Jan18 18:47

@ Maitre Sharks.

Il semble que vous ayez trouvé l'astuce citée plus haut.

Semper Fi !!!... Toujours à votre service ! Y a qu'à demander !
Solid Snake
great white shark

Return to Shark's games