FRANZÖSISCH-BABYLONISCHE SPRACHVERWIRRUNG ??!!

You want to speak about the site or downright to participate in its realization? All the ideas and the notices are welcome …

Re: FRANZÖSISCH-BABYLONISCHE SPRACHVERWIRRUNG ??!!

Postby Arnulf » Tue, 08Sep09 13:57

Hallo, Ihr Forum-Freunde! :hello:

[img]smile/eek.gif[/img]In letzter Zeit habe ich feststellen müssen, dass es zunehmend "Tres chique" ist, Beiträge in shönstem Französisch zu schreiben. Das hat zur Folge, dass wir alle, die dieser schönen Sprache nicht mächtig sind, auf viele Beiträge verzichten müssen. :ouin: Nun ist ein besonderer Vorteil dieses Forums, dass es sehr hilfreich und INTERAKTIV für alle ist. Nich zuletzt deshalb ist das Forum, obwohl französischer Herkunft, grundsätzlich darauf eingestellt, dass die Sprache ENGLISCH sein soll. Ich bitte daher sehr herzlich, sich mehrheitlich daran zu halten. Ich kann, bei aller Wertschätzung, Shark einen kleinen Vorwurf nicht ersparen, diese für alle Nichtfrankophonen schwierige Entwicklung zu fördern. :no: Ich bin Österreicher und könnte mir auch vorstellen, es mir in deutscher Sprache leichter zu machen, aber das erlaubt mir meiner bescheidenen Meinubg nach simple Höflichkeit nicht.

Das musste einmal gesagt werden!

Was ist Eure (auch frankophone) Meinung dazu?

PS: Ich kann auf Wunsch diesen Beitrag auch in Englisch übersetzen.
Arnulf
Master of the skies and the waves

Postby Structure » Tue, 08Sep09 18:05

Dang I wish I could speak German better. .... That's German right? Man I'm going to look like an idiot if it's not. :(
Structure
great white shark

Postby 60nowise » Tue, 08Sep09 19:02

Hallo Arnulf, im Grunde stimme ich Dir zu, dass die Sprache im Forum Englisch sein sollte, auch wenn es manchmal etwas holprig daherkommen mag (mangelnde Kenntnis, fehlende Übung). Aber vielleicht können die französischen Freunde überhaupt kein Englisch?
To Structure: Yes, That's german! Sometimes I whish, my few French-knowledge would be half as good, as my bad English is!
60nowise
star of the reef

Postby womenizer » Tue, 08Sep09 19:23

hallo Arnulf,

ich unterstütze deine mail. Nicht jeder muss deutsch können, aber auch nicht französisch.

Gruß

Womenizer
womenizer
Pilot fish

Postby Arnulf » Tue, 08Sep09 19:37

Since I have seen, that German is widly unknown to the most of you (That is the thing, I wanted to show you!), I'll translate:

THE FRENCH-BABYLONIAN LANGUAGE-CONFUSION

Hello, you friends of the forum! :hello:

[img]smile/eek.gif[/img]In th last times I had to notice, that it is more and more "tres chique" to write threads in plain beautiful French. Consequently we all, which are not glad in understanding such beautuful language, are closed out from many of the threads :ouin: . But it is just a special feature of this forum, that it is very helpful and INTERACTIVE for all. Not at least for that reason the forum is principally based on the English language. So, I very sincerely ask you to follow mainly such principles. Nothing against you, Shark, but you also made a lot of contributions for developing the things in such way, difficult for all non French speaking people. :no: I am an Austrian (NOT Australian!!) and could well imagine to make it easy for me to write in German, but this, in my poor opinion, is forbidden by simple courtesy.

This has to be said once!

What is your (even francophone) opinion hereto?
Arnulf

Postby hurzz » Tue, 08Sep09 19:43

1. Not everybody speaks english
2. maybe they want that not everybody can read it?

Ach ja ich spreche auch deutsch und hab französisch schon ewig nicht mehr gesprochen aber für das wichtigste reichts^^

Mfg hurzz :jap:
hurzz
sirens hunter

Postby luke » Tue, 08Sep09 20:28

Alors, comme ça, Arnulf, tu n'aimes pas quand on écrit en français ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm joking and translate : So, Arnulf, you don't like when we write in french ?

I don't know for you, but for me it's a bit difficult to translate my thought in english, and i overuse translating sites to give my little contribution on this forum. Just between you and me, how many time do you spent to translate your first post ;)

Shark is french, and i think it's the reason of presence of many posts in french.

But i agree with you, for a better interactivity, everybody should make an effort for writing in english. But some french people are to proud to be french to speak english (and i think it's the same way for german or australian - sorry austrian - people)

Thanks to god, there are some net services to help us. As i wrote a few days ago to an anti-englishspeaker, google is our friend. Do you try google translate ? I know it's a little word by word translation, but if you translate a page in your native language, you can understand the general sense

And you can also start topics in german, for and with german-speakers. I'll sure use google translate, because even i learned german in school, it was a long time ago [img]smile/hapface01.gif[/img] [img]smile/hapface01.gif[/img]
Que la Force de Shark soit avec toi / May the Shark Force be with you
luke

sex: Masculine

Postby sharkfan » Tue, 08Sep09 21:32

I think there should not be just one language for the forum. Everyone should be able to use their native language. I only speak english and if I want to read something in another language, I copy and paste it on this site and get the general idea of what the person is trying to say

http://www.freetranslation.com/

It only takes a minute and is very easy.
sharkfan
star of the reef

Postby erana » Tue, 08Sep09 21:42

A mi me gusta el hecho de que en este foro se pueda escribir en varios idiomas sin que te griten. Aunque mucha gente use aquí el inglés o el francés como idiomas "de cortesía", para entenderse, si apareciera alguien hablando en otros idiomas como japonés o español tengo la seguridad de que le intentarían responder, en vez de quejarse e ignorarle. Ejemplo, las peticiones que me hicieron en francés, idioma que no hablo, y que acabaron dando lugar a uno de los juegos más comentados de este foro. Si yo hubiera simplemente ignorado a ese forero francófono, ahora no tendríamos el Ariane Add-On. Os invito a mantener ese estilo y a pasarle el Babblefish a los mensajes en idiomas que no conozcáis.

BTW, for those who want to use Babblefish, the language you should select is Spanish.
erana
lagoon predator

Postby shark » Tue, 08Sep09 23:27

sharkfan wrote : I think there should not be just one language for the forum. Everyone should be able to use their native language. I only speak english and if I want to read something in another language, I copy and paste it on this site and get the general idea of what the person is trying to say

http://www.freetranslation.com/

It only takes a minute and is very easy.

sharkfan, you are a wise man... :jap:
I agree… Why privilege a language rather another...I have not a gift for English but I make an effort to use a translator, even if that takes much time for me. And when I receive a mail in another language, I answer in the same language.

In the aim to reconcile everybody, I decide that the only language authorized on the forum will be Finnish… All the others posts will be destroyed ....:roi:

Was ist das ? ein Aufstand ? :lol: ... Die einzige universelle Sprache ist das Lachen…
:crazy:

( Hey guys, don't translate the French thread about " Nanny et wendy" in the "shark's lagoon" part : there is the scenario of " horny afternoon 3" on the first page… )
shark
Site Admin

Postby Arnulf » Wed, 08Sep10 11:11

Hello, all!

I'm very impressed, how intensive your reaction of my little language-thread has come out! It was like the "Tempest in a Waterglass". :crazy:
My intention was to give a hint, how to improve the communication of the forum. My impression at this time was, that the basic language were English, indicated by all the official writings and announcements. And I noticed well, that the "Home Language" of the protagonists is French[img]smile/zoumzoumzeng.gif[/img]. That was my basic knowledge. But I didn't expect, that this matter has so much to do with the individual personality thinkings of all the friends. So it seems, that exactly the contrary to my intentions has come out. Well, it shall be accepted, that we now maybe will read some topics in a lot of different languages. But, Shark, I wonder why you gave your little strike to the poor, harmless, innocent and friendly Finnish??[img]smile/biggrin.gif[/img]

As to your better understanding of my little harshness, I am actually engaged in renovating my hallroom. This means a lot of scratching the old coatings from the walls and the floor, combined with hard physical work and a lot of mud. Terrible! I do it as a surprise for my son, who is in holidays in the moment. For my French friends: My son is spending his holidays in Corse. By the way, he called me last saturday immediately after the end of the Soccer-match Austria versus France (3:1)!! [img]smile/biglol.gif[/img] in Vienna.
Arnulf

Postby cruiser » Wed, 08Sep10 18:22

Her are my 2 cent :D

I agree basically with Arnulf.
It would be easyer when all Friend type in english,even its not perfect.Im a german too.
But otherwise everybody can type in his own language as long as he/she found a language partner.
But it would be nice when he/she can place a short descrïption
in english,whatabout he/she type.
So all the others havent to translat every post,to see if its a thing he is interrested .

Sorry for my bad english typing.

greeting Cruiser [img]smile/kneu_monster.gif[/img]
cruiser
star of the reef

Postby Arnulf » Wed, 08Sep10 20:18

Hi, Luke, I like the French language, but i never learned it. Word for word translation results not in understanding, because the wording is mostly full with irregular constructions, so that a basic learning would be required. Nevertheless, it's a very good sound to hear french speaking.[img]smile/beret.gif[/img]

As to your question above, how long it has taken me to translate from German into English, I never use to translate, but i have learned thinking in English. In my job I had to draft licence agreements with the Chinese. :jap: Chinese are very comlpicated people, and a normal agreement was around 150 A4-pages long. Therefore, you cannot translate, but you have to draft it directly in English. [img]smile/xidea.gif[/img]
Arnulf

Postby Wildman » Wed, 08Sep10 22:27

Ik heb er niet zo veel moeite mee, idd translators zijn erg makkelijk in gebruik.

This wasn't German or French...sorry I was teasing a bit. I said that I didn't care that much about the different languages on this site, I use Translators a lot, very easy to us.
Wildman
sirens hunter

Postby shark » Wed, 08Sep10 23:48

immediately after the end of the Soccer-match Austria versus France (3:1)!! [img]smile/biglol.gif[/img] in Vienna.

Here is a new rule: The Austrians are from now forbidden on the forum. :roi:
shark
Site Admin

Next

Return to Shark's website