just need to speak.

You want to speak about the site or downright to participate in its realization? All the ideas and the notices are welcome …

Re: just need to speak.

Postby Squeeky » Sun, 09Dec13 02:38

Wonder then when Chaotic may be faced with the same.

Um? What vehicle is used by the various "girlie" sites to collect their memberships?
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

sex: Masculine

Postby Newdood » Sun, 09Dec13 03:16

Not sure how many of them will have the sort of clauses that Craban found, or how many of them can be applied from your segment of the globe, but I found it VERY REASSURING to Google "PayPal alternatives"

Got a little reading to do....
When it comes to binary, there are 10 kinds of people - those who get and those who don't!
Newdood
star of the reef

Postby rkshooter » Sun, 09Dec13 03:55

For what it is worth here is a thought. Create a new site. It needs to be very small. Set a link in the lagoon that points to that site. It is at that site where donations are made and then sent to Shark. The site needs to offer something to get around the rules of redirecting funds so why not set it up to provide wallpapers of sexy 3D calander girls but nothing showing genitals or nipples but still sexy. The donation could unlock access to them. It might be a way to get arround the rules.
rkshooter
star of the reef

Postby Son-of-Odin » Mon, 09Dec14 11:02

rkshooter wrote : For what it is worth here is a thought. Create a new site. It needs to be very small. Set a link in the lagoon that points to that site. It is at that site where donations are made and then sent to Shark. The site needs to offer something to get around the rules of redirecting funds so why not set it up to provide wallpapers of sexy 3D calander girls but nothing showing genitals or nipples but still sexy. The donation could unlock access to them. It might be a way to get arround the rules.

I think, that´s a good idea. I´ll hope, shark will solve this problem, so his site will go on. I love his games and i´m very sad thinking this could be over and out.
@Shark: Please don´t give up....THE GODS ARE LOOKING ON YOU....i´m sure, you´ll find a solution
Son-of-Odin
star of the reef

Postby lucky loser » Tue, 09Dec15 07:10

I echo the support others have voiced. Also, I think the "decoy" paypal site is the way to go.

Alternately, there are many other on-line payment systems. I'm one of many, no doubt, who are waiting to hear where you're going to set up your next donation account. We owe you!
lucky loser
star of the reef

Postby Craban » Wed, 09Dec16 03:58

Found something: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p4237035

Does that mean aceboard is using phpbb v1?
That may open some migration path.
Craban
star of the reef

Postby Squeeky » Wed, 09Dec16 04:57

Craban wrote : Found something: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p4237035

Does that mean aceboard is using phpbb v1?
That may open some migration path.

In the discussion over there someone is asking what phpbb looked like, must have gone through some evolution but one of the posters mentions this link http://web.archive.org/web/200106051411 ... /index.php
and the format looks rather like the Lagoon's Forum index.

Question: Is aceboard using code accessed via sourceforge (and therefore GNU license?) Is that the line of thinking about what Craban is speculating? That Shark gets that code, installs it wherever and then migrates the forum with "little" effort? I have no idea how one would accomplish this, but is that Craban's general thought?
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Squeeky » Wed, 09Dec16 05:15

Further to this, I've found that the software package is indeed free, is under a GNU license agreement, and I note that there is a language pack available for it too; don't know how you'd utilise it, but it's there.

The link: http://www.phpbb.com/downloads/

I note too that the site offers suggestions, with prices, where such a forum might be hosted, I think they are all USA located, haven't checked thoroughly.

Those more conversant with these technologies might be able to advise further.

Oh! As an additional thought, the GNU license does allow software modifications to be made so that with the right technical advice, if Aceboard does use this technology, Shark with direct access to the software can bring about changes at his calling and not a provider!!

This is also worth a read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhpBB
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Newdood » Wed, 09Dec16 07:38

@ Craban and Squeeky

Regardless of the fact that most of the technical issues addressed in your links are a little over my head, I find it encouraging to know that there are other guys and gals(!) in the lagoon that not only understand this stuff, but are willing to digest it and help all of us make the big step(s) that we can all foresee.

Thanks, gentlemen.
When it comes to binary, there are 10 kinds of people - those who get and those who don't!
Newdood
star of the reef

Postby luke » Wed, 09Dec16 16:48

Sorry gentlemen, but i think the problem is with the shark's lagoon site, not with the aceboard forum, that are hosted by 2 different providers.
Que la Force de Shark soit avec toi / May the Shark Force be with you
luke

Postby Newdood » Wed, 09Dec16 17:22

Uhhhh... luke,

I SUSPECT these last few posts were SUPPOSED to go in

http://sharks-lagoon.aceboard.fr/215394 ... h-sfd2.htm

I know craban, Squeeky and I have all been keeping an eye on that one. It is entirely possible that craban had a couple (several ?) windows open and just selected to add a reply from the wrong one.

Do your powers as moderator allow you to move individual posts to another thread?
Newdood
star of the reef

Postby luke » Wed, 09Dec16 21:12

Newdood wrote : Do your powers as moderator allow you to move individual posts to another thread?

Unfortunately, not. Or, should i say, fortunately not. Otherwise, it will give us a looooot of work :D
Que la Force de Shark soit avec toi / May the Shark Force be with you
luke

Postby Squeeky » Thu, 09Dec17 01:41

Newdood wrote : Uhhhh... luke,

I SUSPECT these last few posts were SUPPOSED to go in

http://sharks-lagoon.aceboard.fr/215394 ... h-sfd2.htm

I know craban, Squeeky and I have all been keeping an eye on that one. It is entirely possible that craban had a couple (several ?) windows open and just selected to add a reply from the wrong one.

Do your powers as moderator allow you to move individual posts to another thread?

That link?? It says one thing but goes somewhere else!

Craban was referring to the migration of the forum database as has been dicussed in a different thread. I've followed Craban's thoughts. I am aware that two servers are at play here, but this has nothing to do with the Paypal issue.
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Craban » Sun, 09Dec20 00:07

Just to make sure you can follow my thoughts.
I see several issues with the lagoon:
One is the paypal account and there have been some reasonable suggestions on how this could be solved.
The next is the server and the access peaks when a new game is released. I'm sure a solid server with enough bandwidth can be found that allows any content (see the discussion about terms and conditions). A dedicated server or a virtual root server typically offers 100MBit/s or more. It is fairly easy to transfer the domain(s) to a new host.
The most tricky part is the forum. There have been posts about the problems, limitations and bugs before. Aceboard (naturally) does not offer a simple migration path away from their boards so I tried to find a way they cannot block. Moving the forum with all posts and users for sure is the most difficult task but I think it's necessary.
If the aceboard forum is based on phpbb v1 there may still be some scrïpts to migrate to v2 and then to v3. Of course this does not help if aceboard does not give you the forum backup data. In that case we can only use a brute-force method by analyzing the forum using http queries.
Craban
star of the reef

Postby shark » Sun, 09Dec20 01:20

I do not think that we can await a collaboration of ACEBOARD.
ACEBOARD proposes free forums to sell a big number of visitors to the advertising agencies (via Google) the lagoon is the second more important forum of ACEBOARD.
They do not have any interests to see it disappearing.
shark
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Shark's website