Adobe killing Flash

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: Adobe killing Flash

Postby Rikwar » Wed, 18Aug29 02:09

PinkVendeta wrote:
Greyelf wrote:The Flash environment is not what's responsible of all of those poorly designed or implemented or animated games being so, that was simply the game's developer(s) not putting in the time / effort requires to make those things better. There are a number of Flash based game developers who have created better designed or looking or animated games.

Simply using more modern technologies like HTML5 or the Unity engine doesn't automatically mean the games created with them will be any less poorly designed or implemented or animated, because the game developers using them still need to be willing to put in the time / effort required to make the game better.

Good speech, I dont agree with most of what You have said but in reality, with 2020 looming, none of this matters anyway in reality, so who cares :lol:

You seem thou Pinky you keep blabbing about it [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

sex: Masculine

Postby PinkVendeta » Wed, 18Aug29 02:20

Rikwar wrote:
PinkVendeta wrote:
Greyelf wrote:The Flash environment is not what's responsible of all of those poorly designed or implemented or animated games being so, that was simply the game's developer(s) not putting in the time / effort requires to make those things better. There are a number of Flash based game developers who have created better designed or looking or animated games.

Simply using more modern technologies like HTML5 or the Unity engine doesn't automatically mean the games created with them will be any less poorly designed or implemented or animated, because the game developers using them still need to be willing to put in the time / effort required to make the game better.

Good speech, I dont agree with most of what You have said but in reality, with 2020 looming, none of this matters anyway in reality, so who cares :lol:

You seem thou Pinky you keep blabbing about it [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]

Actually Rik, I replied to Grey who quoted me, it would be rude and unlady like to not reply, not replying to Grey is like letting him get one over on me, I just could not allow that in reality :p :lol:
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Rikwar » Wed, 18Aug29 03:33

PinkVendeta wrote:
Rikwar wrote:
PinkVendeta wrote:

Actually Rik, I replied to Grey who quoted me, it would be rude and unlady like to not reply, not replying to Grey is like letting him get one over on me, I just could not allow that in reality :p :lol:

Those this look familiar :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1kbn-LOpes
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby PinkVendeta » Wed, 18Aug29 07:20

Pretty funny :lol:

But, once Grey slapped me and my extensive martial arts training kicked in right away, in reality it would be more like this, for Grey sadly :D :lol: :

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Greyelf » Thu, 18Aug30 05:02

PinkVendeta wrote:in reality it would be more like this, for Grey sadly :D :lol: :
<smile> Off-topic.
you're making assumptions again, in this case you're assuming that: you're the only person that has studied martial arts; you're naturally better at them; and that I would put myself in a situation where you'd be able to hit me. You also seem to be under the opinion that there is some sort of one-up-man-ship between us, and that isn't the case (well at least not from my side).
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby PinkVendeta » Thu, 18Aug30 11:37

Greyelf wrote:you're making assumptions again, in this case you're assuming that: you're the only person that has studied martial arts; you're naturally better at them; and that I would put myself in a situation where you'd be able to hit me. You also seem to be under the opinion that there is some sort of one-up-man-ship between us, and that isn't the case (well at least not from my side).[/spoiler]

You are assuming I am making assumptions, martial arts is a natural part of life and living for my culture, most grow up in martial arts in my culture, so yes we are naturally better at them, clearly, no assumption to be made there just a simple truth, believe it or dont, choice is yours :D

Weather You were standing still or moving constantly (like say in Jeet Kune Do) it would really not matter to the outcome of my victory :D , when 氣 or 気 is involved, very very few westerners who are good at martial arts can protect against it, simply because they do not believe in it (see it to believe mentality), bad for them, good for us ;)

As for the one-up-man-ship between us, I like your comments, good chats are had always when You comment in them, there is no one-up-man-ship between us, I am a woman and thus prettier :lol: and stronger :lol: and sometimes way to intelligent :lol: but this are all graces given to me from heaven [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]

As for Flash, it is doomed.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Rikwar » Thu, 18Aug30 13:49

PinkVendeta wrote:
Greyelf wrote:you're making assumptions again, in this case you're assuming that: you're the only person that has studied martial arts; you're naturally better at them; and that I would put myself in a situation where you'd be able to hit me. You also seem to be under the opinion that there is some sort of one-up-man-ship between us, and that isn't the case (well at least not from my side).[/spoiler]

You are assuming I am making assumptions, martial arts is a natural part of life and living for my culture, most grow up in martial arts in my culture, so yes we are naturally better at them, clearly, no assumption to be made there just a simple truth, believe it or dont, choice is yours :D

Weather You were standing still or moving constantly (like say in Jeet Kune Do) it would really not matter to the outcome of my victory :D , when 氣 or 気 is involved, very very few westerners who are good at martial arts can protect against it, simply because they do not believe in it (see it to believe mentality), bad for them, good for us ;)

As for the one-up-man-ship between us, I like your comments, good chats are had always when You comment in them, there is no one-up-man-ship between us, I am a woman and thus prettier :lol: and stronger :lol: and sometimes way to intelligent :lol: but this are all graces given to me from heaven [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]

I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination Sounds about right [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img]
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby PinkVendeta » Thu, 18Aug30 14:40

:lol: Rik You may have Master Lee as an avatar, but that is all You have in common with him :lol:

As for: I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination, it makes me more approachable to chat with, I think, no one likes a know it all :D so I state: I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination, keeps the fan base happy :lol: :lol: :lol:

An example: before the forum was hacked, and all the great chats going on were lost, I said something like You have to know the differance , and a member called me out on the spelling mistake in the word differance , then I explained this:

Différance is a French term coined by Jacques Derrida.
It is a central concept in Derrida's deconstruction, a critical outlook concerned with the relationship between text and meaning.
The term différance means "difference and deferral of meaning."

And said member called me a saucy wench for that reply :lol: I in no way know it all, but I know a whole lot more than most do, but I tone it down constantly when chatting and state: I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination, and then sometimes someone will state my saying as a little jive at me, and I now I let it go, in the past I would have verbally lambasted them easily, but with age comes, maturity, experience and grace, and I am aging like a graceful bit of fine art ;)

That last sentence made me bust a gut laughing to myself :lol:

Back on topic Rik and Grey, You two...

Flash is doomed, gone in 2020, Shark could easily learn a new platform before then, and even convert all of his Flash games to it also, and run with the new platform and thus new games, better animation, better artwork, same great story lines, hot spots could still be used easily, Arnii uses them in some of his games.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Rikwar » Fri, 18Aug31 01:17

PinkVendeta wrote::lol: Rik You may have Master Lee as an avatar, but that is all You have in common with him :lol:

As for: I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination, it makes me more approachable to chat with, I think, no one likes a know it all :D so I state: I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination, keeps the fan base happy :lol: :lol: :lol:

An example: before the forum was hacked, and all the great chats going on were lost, I said something like You have to know the differance , and a member called me out on the spelling mistake in the word differance , then I explained this:

Différance is a French term coined by Jacques Derrida.
It is a central concept in Derrida's deconstruction, a critical outlook concerned with the relationship between text and meaning.
The term différance means "difference and deferral of meaning."

And said member called me a saucy wench for that reply :lol: I in no way know it all, but I know a whole lot more than most do, but I tone it down constantly when chatting and state: I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination, and then sometimes someone will state my saying as a little jive at me, and I now I let it go, in the past I would have verbally lambasted them easily, but with age comes, maturity, experience and grace, and I am aging like a graceful bit of fine art ;)

That last sentence made me bust a gut laughing to myself :lol:

Back on topic Rik and Grey, You two...

Flash is doomed, gone in 2020, Shark could easily learn a new platform before then, and even convert all of his Flash games to it also, and run with the new platform and thus new games, better animation, better artwork, same great story lines, hot spots could still be used easily, Arnii uses them in some of his games.

Do not assume anything about me little one for you know nothing.
That is all.
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby PinkVendeta » Fri, 18Aug31 07:49

You assumed just fine about me Rik, I did not take it to heart, I returned the favour ;)

You must be shapeless, formless, like water.
When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup.
When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle.
When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can drip and it can crash.
Become like water my friend.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Rikwar » Fri, 18Aug31 10:32

PinkVendeta wrote:You assumed just fine about me Rik, I did not take it to heart, I returned the favour ;)

Showing off is the fool’s idea of glory.
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby Greebo » Fri, 18Aug31 22:54

I know much of the above has now gone well off topic, but I hope I'll be forgiven for responding:
PinkVendeta wrote:You must be shapeless, formless, like water.

Clearly Bruce was either off his meds or had overindulged on the good old rice wine when he spouted that one. :sarcastic: (Although perhaps I can see a glimmer of over-egged sense in what he might have been trying to convey)

Mind you, your "six inch punch" demo reminded me of a strange aspect of certain martial arts -- one of my cousins has been a dedicated practitioner for decades of something known as Shin Shin Toitsu Aikido or Ki Aikido. It's a branch of Aikido that practices "Ki development" equally with the Aikido moves and techniques.

Ki sounds to be really weird in terms of what can supposedly be achieved with it and one of the things I remember that fascinated him is the way that a few highish dan grade practitioners could knock over a lineup of aikidokas like skittles without physically touching, just by employing "ki" -- he had witnessed this not only watching from the sidelines but also as a participant in one of these lineups.

He is now an octogenerian 4th Dan and the last time I saw him I found out that he was almost childishly delighted to be able to report that he had actually achieved a "ki knockdown" of such a lineup!

(Please note the branch of Aikido referred to above bears very little relationship to that espoused by Steven Seagal and those who overgraded him to 8th Dan!)
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby PinkVendeta » Sat, 18Sep01 10:16

quote="Rikwar"]
PinkVendeta wrote:You assumed just fine about me Rik, I did not take it to heart, I returned the favour ;)

Showing off is the fool’s idea of glory.[/quote]

Agreed, showing off is never a good thing, glory I believe comes from the grace of heaven, nothing religious in that, a fool believes in the glory of battle or the glory in battle, there is no such glory to be had from battle even in a battle of words, as hard sometimes as it is, honor your opponent and honor your Master and thus You honor yourself also.

Glory is for fools who know nothing of honor.
Last edited by PinkVendeta on Sat, 18Sep01 10:38, edited 2 times in total.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Sat, 18Sep01 10:33

Greebo wrote:I know much of the above has now gone well off topic, but I hope I'll be forgiven for responding:
PinkVendeta wrote:You must be shapeless, formless, like water.

Clearly Bruce was either off his meds or had overindulged on the good old rice wine when he spouted that one. :sarcastic: (Although perhaps I can see a glimmer of over-egged sense in what he might have been trying to convey)

Mind you, your "six inch punch" demo reminded me of a strange aspect of certain martial arts -- one of my cousins has been a dedicated practitioner for decades of something known as Shin Shin Toitsu Aikido or Ki Aikido. It's a branch of Aikido that practices "Ki development" equally with the Aikido moves and techniques.

Ki sounds to be really weird in terms of what can supposedly be achieved with it and one of the things I remember that fascinated him is the way that a few highish dan grade practitioners could knock over a lineup of aikidokas like skittles without physically touching, just by employing "ki" -- he had witnessed this not only watching from the sidelines but also as a participant in one of these lineups.

He is now an octogenerian 4th Dan and the last time I saw him I found out that he was almost childishly delighted to be able to report that he had actually achieved a "ki knockdown" of such a lineup!

(Please note the branch of Aikido referred to above bears very little relationship to that espoused by Steven Seagal and those who overgraded him to 8th Dan!)

Agreed in relation to 氣 or 気, it is pronounced differently in english around the world, some call it chi, others ki, others call it qi, both symbols I have used 氣 or 気 relate to Chinese, Korean and Japanese martial arts and their respective uses of 氣 or 気.

Weather or not most believe in something or not, does not make it any less real, science has said that they cannot find this energy giving life force called 氣 or 気 within the human body, but science is not always right about many things in reality.

When I was badly ill and in hospital, my Dad arranged for my Masters, 3 of them to come in and use 氣 or 気 on me, as it is also a healing force, and I myself have seen it used in martial arts to knock people off their feet with no actual contact made, when I was young, and one of my 3 Masters was trying to explain it to me to understand it fully, the only way I could grasp it was thus, I said so when I know what 氣 or 気 is as a healing force, as a defense force as an offense force, I would be like a Jedi Master?, he looked at me and began to grin, looked at my other 2 Masters and all 3 laughed and he eventually said, yes just like that but You are a long way away from being a Jedi Master my young padawan student, I replied thank You Obi-Wan Kenobi :D :lol: .

Long story short - 氣 or 気 is very real.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Joe.Pizza » Fri, 18Sep07 01:36

Looking at the back and forth on the thread, it looks like the old Hannah is back and feeling well again. :lol:
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to The beach