I am not gone

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

I am not gone

Postby Skelaturi » Wed, 16Jun22 03:10

Just a small statement for everyone, considering i had a few pm's in my inbox. I am not gone, but my computer died a few weeks ago. Helping myself with loaning computers and laptops from friends, but that does mean i can't access the Lagoon as much as i prefer. The money saving has started, estimated time for a new computer (without luck) is 2-3 months. After that i am hoping to access the Lagoon on a daily basis again.

With luck it's still 2-3 months. I am trying to buyout a bank on a savings program I entered a couple (5) years back. But not knowing how much that will give me cause the letter with info should have arrived weeks ago, last week we came to the conclusion they send it to a older address of mine, even when i told them I had moved. Idiots learned to get better jobs and "how to keep someones else his money 101"

Anyway nice talk, speaking to you soon.
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

sex: Masculine

Re: I am not gone

Postby Skelaturi » Thu, 16Aug04 19:17

Warning post contains computer talk, i your translating tool can't handle it. I am sorry for that.

For those interested and still believing i am gone. Yes, not believing it myself considering i am still on quite some time. It's good to have the room for yourself. Anyway: If all goes well with the suppliers the final parts for the computer come in tomorrow. Then it's just assembling the thing, ergo hoping my friend has time for that and then carrying it to my man-cave. Building will take a few hours, installing windows,

For those interested what the computer is going to be like:
Short answer: It's going to be quite powerful

Advanced and long answer:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Blue 4TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO ATX Desktop Case
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Doggy style (noun)
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Skelaturi

Postby PinkVendeta » Fri, 16Aug05 00:02

How much is this little puppy setting You back?
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Greebo » Fri, 16Aug05 10:45

Hmm, makes my Chillblast Defiant 2 laptop look a smidgen underpowered even if I do have the same amount of RAM -- still, 4 i7 cores of 13" HD (that's "High Definition", Lou!) easy portability has certain advantages over a hot desktop tower!
[img]kator/smiley37.gif[/img] [img]smile/indecis.gif[/img] [img]smile/biggrincomput.gif[/img]
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Rikwar » Sat, 16Aug06 03:04

What No Floopy drive :p
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby LRM » Sat, 16Aug06 05:41

I'll give you real deal on a 286 with both a 5.25 and a 3.5 floppy... DOS machine, never has had windows installed. I Purchased it while in Germany (sent to my APO), late 85 early 86. Computer Products United runs at 8 or if in turbo, 12. A full megabyte of ram... She was well ahead of her time.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Greebo » Sat, 16Aug06 10:26

LRM wrote:I'll give you real deal on a 286 with both a 5.25 and a 3.5 floppy... DOS machine, never has had windows installed. I Purchased it while in Germany (sent to my APO), late 85 early 86. Computer Products United runs at 8 or if in turbo, 12. A full megabyte of ram... She was well ahead of her time.

Ooh, a whole megabyte of ram -- you'd have needed Quarterdeck's QUEMM memory manager to make the most of that. My first PC was a 16/20 MHz 286 AT clone with the same amount of memory as that hard wired onto the motherboard. My son practically cut his teeth on it playing with Amy's First Primer and Ernie's Big Splash (Sesame Street game) -- now he's 30 years old with a PhD in robotics!
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Skelaturi » Sat, 16Aug06 14:35

PinkVendeta wrote:How much is this little puppy setting You back?

1,5 months salary

Greebo wrote:Hmm, makes my Chillblast Defiant 2 laptop look a smidgen underpowered even if I do have the same amount of RAM -- still, 4 i7 cores of 13" HD (that's "High Definition", Lou!) easy portability has certain advantages over a hot desktop tower!
[img]kator/smiley37.gif[/img] [img]smile/indecis.gif[/img] [img]smile/biggrincomput.gif[/img]

well this isn't a tower i got, it's a lan-box Image

and look it has handles. Still a laptop has easier portability.

Oh, almost forgot it works.

edit:

celebrated to soon, saw a flash of light heard a POW and now the power-supply has died.
Doggy style (noun)
---

--
Skelaturi

Postby Joe.Pizza » Sun, 16Aug07 05:31

Skelaturi wrote:celebrated to soon, saw a flash of light heard a POW and now the power-supply has died.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, the power supply can be swapped out quickly.
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

Postby Greebo » Sun, 16Aug07 16:24

Looks like that could double as an item of bondage furniture [img]kator/smiley130.gif[/img]

(mind you don't short out the transmatter neutron flux generator or reverse the polarity [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img] )
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Skelaturi » Sun, 16Aug07 17:28

of course not, but if i am creating a trans dimensional vortex and it leads me to a world where only women exist, i am not coming back to change the title of this post
Doggy style (noun)
---

--
Skelaturi

Postby LRM » Sun, 16Aug07 18:41

Did you figure out where the short is?
Or just a defective power supply?
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Skelaturi » Sun, 16Aug07 21:35

probably a rare case of DOA (Death on Arrival), sigh i should have known better then going for a PSU (power-supply unit) of th Corsair brand. Then again this was a higher tier one.
Doggy style (noun)
---

--
Skelaturi

Postby Greebo » Mon, 16Aug08 13:28

It's been a while since I built my own PCs having shifted to laptops for their convenience -- mind you, unlike the Chillblast Defiant 2 Clevo based 13", my other main machine the 17" Dell isn't all that convenient, particularly since the hinges seized! Did a quick google and found that there's nothing really to dislike about your Corsair PSU apart from an often noisy sleeve-bearing fan -- reliability is usually among their good points and you should be able to get it replaced easily enough under their three year warranty.

Actually, if I was in your position I think I would have gone for something like the Be Quiet Pure Power 9 700W PSU -- low noise has always been a preference of mine and it's slightly cheaper than the Corsair too.
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Skelaturi » Mon, 16Aug08 19:16

Greebo wrote:It's been a while since I built my own PCs having shifted to laptops for their convenience -- mind you, unlike the Chillblast Defiant 2 Clevo based 13", my other main machine the 17" Dell isn't all that convenient, particularly since the hinges seized! Did a quick google and found that there's nothing really to dislike about your Corsair PSU apart from an often noisy sleeve-bearing fan -- reliability is usually among their good points and you should be able to get it replaced easily enough under their three year warranty.

Actually, if I was in your position I think I would have gone for something like the Be Quiet Pure Power 9 700W PSU -- low noise has always been a preference of mine and it's slightly cheaper than the Corsair too.

3 years. No good sir, you are mistaken

The Dutch site. Search for the worth "Garantie" which is warranty in Dutch and you might shock yourself. ( Or translate the whole page and search for warranty, either way is good)

https://azerty.nl/8-1073-855728/corsair ... ulair.html
Doggy style (noun)
---

--
Skelaturi

Next

Return to The beach