Games with teens - In favor or not?

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Games with teens - In favor or not?

Postby Mortze » Fri, 15Sep25 12:58

Dear fellow lagooners,

First I don’t know if a topic like this one is already open. If it is, my apologies.
Secondly, I also don’t know if such a topic and discussion is within the rules of this forum. I believe it is but if it’s not, again, my apologies.

That said, I’d like to bring into discussion a controversial theme (not again!); Games that involve teenagers in sexual behavior.
I’d like to point out immediately that I said teenagers and not children, and I mean to set the mark from 15-16 years old up. Below that I am not interested for many and many reasons.

According to most civilized countries, sexual entertainment materials must only have adults of at least 18yo. That is of course logical to protect the minors from criminal exploitation, financial abuse, and their liberty to dispose of their bodies freely. There are hundreds of good reasons for such laws and I do not want this topic to discuss legal issues regarding minors.

But I do want to discuss the matter regarding 3D figures.
We are talking about polygons, rendered in such a way they form a visual image. There is nobody exploited, nobody abused here (save for the poor artist that works hours and hours).
So here enters another argument for legality and that is not about protection but about prevention.
Pedophilia works of art, like books, paintings, comics, that never use real life persons, are prohibited in most civilized cultures to avoid nurturing sexual fantasies involving children in the consumers. That is comprehensible.

But if the art is about 15-16 yo teens, that freely, willingly, consciously, have sex with themselves and/or with adults, I think we enter a grey zone.
There are games out there, some promoted and loved on this forum, that have this. And they are pretty well accepted, some with great success.

So, I’d like to bring into debate this matter. To know where you stand, and to have an idea where I might go in the next future.

Cheers!
User avatar
Mortze
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed, 14Oct29 02:34
sex: Masculine

Re: Games with teens - In favor or not?

Postby tlaero » Sat, 15Sep26 20:25

Some of the most highly regarded AIF games, especially those written by Christopher Cole and Goblin Boy, take place in high school with sub-18 characters. I assume there's a nostalgic aspect to the popularity of these games, since many people have their first sexual experiences in high school. There's probably a minor taboo aspect to them too, since sub-18 is frowned upon, but few people think consensual sexual behavior between high school seniors is terrible (except when their own kids are doing it :-).

I think the guideline you should explore is around why the game has sex with a 15 year old. If it's because of the environment (ie you want to tell a story that takes place in high school), it's probably better than if it's because of the age. In other words, if the goal is to have a 15 year old character, then you might question your motives. What's so important about this character being 15? Is it simply because you want an under age character? That would be pretty questionable. However, if the environment means that the character needs to be 15, a la it takes place in a high school, then there's more leeway.

I think you should ask yourself this. "Is there a reasonable and believable way to do this story with an 18 year old instead of a 15 year old?" If the answer is "no," then you're probably doing it for story reasons, and it's probably okay. If the answer is "yes," then you really need to reflect on why you want a 15 year old in your game.

Personally, I'll stick to games where adults date other adults and avoid the whole thing. (-:

Tlaero
User avatar
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert
 
Posts: 1629
Joined: Thu, 09Jun04 23:00
sex: Female

Re: Games with teens - In favor or not?

Postby Mortze » Sat, 15Sep26 20:33

tlaero wrote:Some of the most highly regarded AIF games, especially those written by Christopher Cole and Goblin Boy, take place in high school with sub-18 characters. I assume there's a nostalgic aspect to the popularity of these games, since many people have their first sexual experiences in high school. There's probably a minor taboo aspect to them too, since sub-18 is frowned upon, but few people think consensual sexual behavior between high school seniors is terrible (except when their own kids are doing it :-).

I think the guideline you should explore is around why the game has sex with a 15 year old. If it's because of the environment (ie you want to tell a story that takes place in high school), it's probably better than if it's because of the age. In other words, if the goal is to have a 15 year old character, then you might question your motives. What's so important about this character being 15? Is it simply because you want an under age character? That would be pretty questionable. However, if the environment means that the character needs to be 15, a la it takes place in a high school, then there's more leeway.

I think you should ask yourself this. "Is there a reasonable and believable way to do this story with an 18 year old instead of a 15 year old?" If the answer is "no," then you're probably doing it for story reasons, and it's probably okay. If the answer is "yes," then you really need to reflect on why you want a 15 year old in your game.


Everything you said makes perfect good sense, and I agree with that all. But if I'd want to write astory about a young teacher getting hired in an exclusive girls boarding school I can't have many options there besides:
1/ having him only date adult women, like other teachers;
2/ not having him date anyone at all;
3/ think about another game
User avatar
Mortze
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed, 14Oct29 02:34
sex: Masculine

Re: Games with teens - In favor or not?

Postby Skelaturi » Sat, 15Sep26 21:02

for me if it makes more sense having teens over 18+. Like on schools, go with teens. Like Tlaero said many many games on here, already done that. And depending on what kind of game Usually the demographic for sexy games are teens. Then again usually the story driven ones they tend to avoid as the plague....
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
User avatar
Skelaturi
Moderator
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Wed, 14Nov19 19:06
Location: The Netherlands, Brabant
sex: Masculine

Re: Games with teens - In favor or not?

Postby DiTo » Sat, 15Sep26 22:05

Dear Mortze,

Usually I don´t respond to this sort of discussion, for me it is obvious: pedophilia is a no go area.

But I have to be honest: I was young when I had my first experience (with an adult). And it was me who took the lead. And though she tried hard to stop me... I was stronger and as I see it now: more convincing.
I said it before on the forum, most of you were probably under age when you had your first encounter.
If the script is good, you make it a valid situation and it is obvious the adult is not the one who took the lead you might get a good game. Though it is thin ice.

I hope you make a good decision, there's always a possibility it might stain your reputation.

:16: D.
User avatar
DiTo
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 566
Joined: Mon, 09Apr06 23:00
sex: Female

Re: Games with teens - In favor or not?

Postby Mortze » Sat, 15Sep26 22:21

DiTo wrote:If the script is good, you make it a valid situation and it is obvious the adult is not the one who took the lead you might get a good game. Though it is thin ice.


Rest assured that I'll never go in the direction of any kind of cohertion, even if it's emotional cohertion (have sex with me or I'll leave you).
User avatar
Mortze
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed, 14Oct29 02:34
sex: Masculine

Re: Games with teens - In favor or not?

Postby tlaero » Sun, 15Sep27 01:19

Mortze wrote:I'd want to write astory about a young teacher getting hired in an exclusive girls boarding school I can't have many options there


You can if the boarding school is a college equivalent. That's basically what colleges are, anyway.

Tlaero
User avatar
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert
 
Posts: 1629
Joined: Thu, 09Jun04 23:00
sex: Female

Re: Games with teens - In favor or not?

Postby jfrancois323 » Sun, 15Sep27 08:41

personnally, i got my first sexual ativity around that age !! those make me a pedophilic person for that (the other persons was 17)?? there's some great way to make a great game with characters of that age. is it the sexual exploration age after all?? if a game has no vulgar act like bdsm with sub 18 character, and are done in way of respect between participants i think it will be good.

this is my opinion, even if somes persons look way too much old school in their way of thinking, we are not in year 1950 anymore!!
jfrancois323
star of the reef
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon, 11May02 04:56

Re: Games with teens - In favor or not?

Postby Skelaturi » Sun, 15Sep27 12:27

well probaly Mortze's story goes a bit more realistic, but young teacher on a all girl's school.Same setup as BBBen's (Super) Pervert Action: Crisis .
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
User avatar
Skelaturi
Moderator
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Wed, 14Nov19 19:06
Location: The Netherlands, Brabant
sex: Masculine

Re: Games with teens - In favor or not?

Postby Mortze » Sun, 15Sep27 16:44

Let me just be clear. I'm not writing any game related to this. Not yet, anyhow. That was just an idea I had 2 days ago and I remember to put the subject to discussion just to probe the possibility.

Skelaturi wrote:well probaly Mortze's story goes a bit more realistic, but young teacher on a all girl's school.Same setup as BBBen's (Super) Pervert Action: Crisis .

Gave it a look. Yeah, something along those lines but I think the students are way too young. But it's anime so that's biased in that department.
User avatar
Mortze
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed, 14Oct29 02:34
sex: Masculine

Re: Games with teens - In favor or not?

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 15Sep28 09:03

Mortze,
I admire the succinctness of your opening comment, it looks like a good balance.

I realise that you would wish that we should not end up in legalities but in my country the age of consent is 16 y.o.; there would however seem to be some leeway about age disparity.

There does seem to be a contraction however, age of consent against age of portrayal.
Personally I am comfortable with adolescent explorations but I doubt that imagery in any format below a country’s legislated standard would not be entertained; acceptable in one but not in another.

You cite a “gray area”; maybe it’s a minefield?
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
User avatar
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Mon, 08Jan07 00:00
Location: Australia
sex: Masculine

Re: Games with teens - In favor or not?

Postby Mortze » Mon, 15Sep28 10:14

Squeeky wrote:You cite a “gray area”; maybe it’s a minefield?

Isn't a minefiled a gray area between life and death?

Squeeky wrote:I realise that you would wish that we should not end up in legalities but in my country the age of consent is 16 y.o.; there would however seem to be some leeway about age disparity.

Same as in mine.

Squeeky wrote:Personally I am comfortable with adolescent explorations but I doubt that imagery in any format below a country’s legislated standard would not be entertained; acceptable in one but not in another.

Can you explain this further? I didn't understand your point.
User avatar
Mortze
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed, 14Oct29 02:34
sex: Masculine

Re: Games with teens - In favor or not?

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 15Sep28 11:49

Pardon me,
I think that I had a typo (corrected in my comment and your quote of it) that may now convey my intention; a sketch or a photograph may be acceptable in one jurisdiction whilst not in another. In some way this is not dissimilar to what Shark reminded us of when discussing "incest", emanating from the French server (under French law) tolerance was far different to other countries.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
User avatar
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans
 
Posts: 4178
Joined: Mon, 08Jan07 00:00
Location: Australia
sex: Masculine

Re: Games with teens - In favor or not?

Postby Mortze » Mon, 15Sep28 12:10

Squeeky wrote:a sketch or a photograph may be acceptable in one jurisdiction whilst not in another. In some way this is not dissimilar to what Shark reminded us of when discussing "incest", emanating from the French server (under French law) tolerance was far different to other countries.

That's for sure. That is the legality issue.
But I'm not quite interested in that question because:
1/ I want to get a feeling of what people think, and I know that it might never come to a consense on this matter;
2/ I'm confortable with what I mentioned in the intro. This is not about pedophilia, or any kind of minor abuse. This is about consensual and even healthy sexual exploration during those early years.

So, the law is the law, but as a jurist myself I know that you have to take into account the motivation in doing the law and sex involving minors, be it the actual sex, exposition, etc, are meant to prevent abuse of those who can't decide for themselves or defend themselves, or devious acts that might hurt them psichologically and emotionally.
I do not think that, with nowadays society, it is the case for young people the age I mentioned (from 15 up).
User avatar
Mortze
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed, 14Oct29 02:34
sex: Masculine

Re: Games with teens - In favor or not?

Postby Mortze » Mon, 15Sep28 12:25

Another interesting argument I remembered.

HBO, the american TV shows network, has produced many shows that deal with controversial issues. Let's see, Rome for example.
In the show, I believe all nude actors where adults, that mandatory in american law, but what they represented where another matter.
If we where in ancient Rome (where the show tried to transport us) all the young people involved in sex where probably minors. There was nothing wrong in giving away a niece for a political marriage like Caesar did to Pompeus. It would be fairly just to assume Octavia was under 18. And we saw the marriage getting consumed. And what about all the sex slaves? It was perfectly natural for very young girls and boys to get into prostitution in roman society. And the show get us to see that part or roman culture. A person knowable in history will just assume that the actors we see portraying slaves are portraying minors.

And what about Game of Thrones? In the books, Sansa is pretty young, 14 I think. In the TV show they don't mention she is 18. But we saw a (pretty good played) scene of Sansa getting raped. What's the assumption on the viewer that knows GOT universe? That he sees a 14yo girl getting raped. But rationally he makes the processing of knowing it is an actress and that she is an adult.
Well, for 3d games the same process must be done; knowing we are looking at pixels, done from polygons, not real persons.

And getting even further, in Walking Dead, a minor actor, playing a minor character, Carl, gets into a very dark path where he is robbed of his child innocence and gets cold, killing his mother, an old friend, and many zombies. The psychological and emotional violence HBO sends us is phenomenal. The show is about survival, a very good show, very dark and profound, but for the sake of this topic, we see a child killing in cold blood. I don't see why this is acceptable in the eyes of the law, and a 16yo having consensual, free, great sex with an adult is not.

I think we have to relativise some point of views. Society sins by some crieria duality.
Last edited by Mortze on Mon, 15Sep28 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Mortze
legend of the South Seas
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed, 14Oct29 02:34
sex: Masculine

Next

Return to The beach

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jamesnot and 1 guest

eXTReMe Tracker