Incest

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: Incest

Postby ltpika » Sat, 15Aug22 16:10

Congrats, creators are starting to be driven away due to these practices. People are being penalized for a "no promotion" rule that didn't exist when they started their threads. This is why if you create new rules, you have to make sure there's an alert telling everyone about it and you can't retroactively decide to punish people for it. There HAS to be a statue of limitations. It's not fair to punish people for something before it was "wrong." And not punish selectively (watch as they twist and contort not to punish beloved creators like leonizer.) There were countless incest games and games with paetron and paypal links that won't be touched because they're popular and deleting them would cause a revolt.

And the clueless cries of "move on, people" and refusing to acknowledge why people are upset is destroying the community. Would it kill you to say "we didn't handle that as well as we could have"? Not to mention that everyone is engaging in revisionist history. The original reason for taking down the thread, incest discussion, not content, was still wrong. No acknowledgement has been given to date.
ltpika
star of the reef

Postby tlaero » Sat, 15Aug22 17:48

ltpika wrote:Congrats, creators are starting to be driven away due to these practices. People are being penalized for a "no promotion" rule that didn't exist when they started their threads.
And the clueless cries of "move on, people" and refusing to acknowledge why people are upset is destroying the community.

Itpika, I think you're being overly harsh.

First of all, Shark didn't set out to make a place where games creators hang out and discuss their products. He set out to make a place where his friends could hang out and chat about sexy games. The projects board came later and grew organically.

Secondly, do you honestly think the community is being destroyed? I mean really? Destroyed?

Consider the following fictional people.
1) Annie is working on a game, posts a demo on Projects asking for feedback, and starts giving feedback and opinions on other people's games that have been posted.
2) Bert is thinking about doing a game, posts a picture or two and some kickstarter links, and then doesn't really participate in the lagoon.

If Shark limits his community to people like Annie and drives away people like Bert, are you sure that's a bad thing? Isn't the community better served by having more Annies than Berts in it? And, if the lagoon is the kind of place where potential Berts realize that they have to act like Annie to stay, so they participate more and contribute more, isn't that also a good thing?

It is not hypocritical for Shark to allow Leo, regardless of Leo's content or financial situation. Leo has provided more free games to the lagoon than anyone else. He's also given time-limited free access to his paid games. His artists and writers participate in the forum, answer questions about their games, and give feedback on other people's games. This is significantly different than the creators that are being "driven away."

I feel that Shark made this stance very clear in his post on the subject. It's not about incest or a kickstarter link. It's about the difference between someone using Shark's Lagoon as nothing more than free advertising vs someone who contributes to the community.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby shark » Sat, 15Aug22 23:44

Thank you Lady . My English would not have allowed me to be as clear.
shark
Site Admin

sex: Masculine

Postby shark » Sat, 15Aug22 23:47

Rexxx wrote:In a global world law can be very different, for example in some country homosexuality has death penalty.

True.... and what about this :
http://www.khaama.com/isis-daesh-publishes-guide-authorising-fighters-to-rape-children-9125
shark
Site Admin

Postby rabbie » Sun, 15Aug23 02:43

But to say Palmer is not contributing to the forum just because he only posts in his own threads also seems very harsh. His games contribute to the community, accusations of him only being here to either 1. Post his funding site (The name of which is not censored, it begins with a P) or his site have been proven wrong, he actually made his threads and posted demos and such before the site was even created.

A creator can't post a link to his site without posting in everyone else's threads? Eating up the small bit of free time they have and could be spending making a free game for the very same community they are apparently not part of.
rabbie
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Sun, 15Aug23 04:17

I wasn't talking about Palmer.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby Cochise » Tue, 15Aug25 01:21

Could I get an explanation why my post was deleted, please? I thought thid thread was to discuss all this new controversy, wasn't it?
Cochise
lagoon predator

Postby shark » Tue, 15Aug25 07:36

The controversy is finished. It is time to give back to this forum its real purpose: sex in games.
I know some people prefer controversies but I'm bored. This thread is henceforth devoted to opinions about incest in games.
It's my decision.
shark
Site Admin

Postby Cochise » Tue, 15Aug25 20:04

Half of my deleted post was about incest in games.
Cochise
lagoon predator

Previous

Return to The beach