General Chat

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: General Chat

Postby Greebo » Sun, 18Apr15 19:55

C'mon now, let's be fair, sometimes they don't deploy Mr Cruise's box -- they dig a trench for his co-actors! [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

sex: Masculine

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 18Apr15 21:59

Joe.Pizza wrote:Did a Google search on Cruise's height. Pretty much the consensus is 67 inches. He insists he's 69 which is not much if he wants to appear as the dominant male. Have to say I'm not impressed when I have sisters and nieces that are taller. :lol:

My mum is small, but she is taller than poor tom :lol:
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Joe.Pizza » Sun, 18Apr15 22:10

Greebo wrote:C'mon now, let's be fair, sometimes they don't deploy Mr Cruise's box -- they dig a trench for his co-actors! [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]

Maybe he wears KISS platform shoes? Then again, he probably look like the 'Puss in Boots" character from Shrek. [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

Postby Rastifan » Mon, 18Apr16 02:39

Oglaf is too funny :lol:
Rastifan
Spirit of the oceans

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 18Apr16 10:26

A double post rasti- were you drinking last night :lol:

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 18Apr16 10:32

A few movies I have managed to see, what has everyone else seen so far?

Black Panther was pretty good.
Ready Player One was pretty good also.
Peter Rabbit :lol: it was good ok :lol:
Maze Runner: The Death Cure was the last part of the series, good movie.
Pacific Rim Uprising, didn't think it was good at all.
Tomb Raider was worth a watch.
Insidious: The Last Key was good but scary :lol:
Red Sparrow was good I thought.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Greebo » Mon, 18Apr16 11:47

The main movie I've seen recently was Wonder Woman -- good stunts and effects but not much else. In essence a similar plot to Captain America but with the main male lead being killed off and the female lead being more or less immortal, unlike Agent Carter. I though Gal Gadot made a good Superheroine apart from the annoying niggle that went through my head that the immortal daughter of Zeus should have had unblemished features, not a couple of highly visible moles that the makeup department could have easily eradicated. For some reason I find that sort of detail irritating, like Daniel Craig not having his hair darkened for playing Bond.

All in all I find I prefer Agent Carter to Wonder Woman when it comes to feminist statements -- I was very disappointed when they discontinued that series.

Talking about feminist heroines, I can't help feeling that Gal Gadot would make an excellent Modesty Blaise, but who would make a good Willie Garvin to play opposite her? Chuck Norris forty or fifty years younger?
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 18Apr16 12:03

Wonder Woman was an epic movie, sales aside :lol: she is a goddess in her own right and you are right daughter of Zeus, and will live forever, deal with that or dont, it was a great movie beginning to end :lol: , thankfully it was nothing like that Wonder Woman tv series, and Gal can actually fight to boot (krav maga).

Only feminists have claimed it was a feminist movie, but who listens to pink woolly hat wearing women these days in reality :lol:

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Greebo » Mon, 18Apr16 12:31

Pink woolly hat wearing men?

Anyway, since when has feminism had any pink woolliness about it? You're confusing Germaine Greer with Barbara Carthorse.

Btw, don't diss Lynda Carter, you might end up on the wrong end of Gal's Krav Maga -- she's expressed a liking for the old TV whirling dervish!
Last edited by Greebo on Mon, 18Apr16 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 18Apr16 14:23

Greebo wrote:Pink woolly hat wearing men?

I dont know any men who don the pink pussy woolen hats as they are called by feminists, but since You assume some men do, are You yourself a pink pussy woolen hat wearing male feminist? :lol:

Greebo wrote:Anyway, since when has feminism had any pink woolliness about it?

Its a thing feminists have created for their marches, pink woolen hats, some with the word pussy on them, assuming to hijack the color pink and word pink and term pussy and use it for feminism :lol:

Greebo wrote:You're confusing Germaine Greer with Barbara Carthorse.

Im not confusing anyone, You are assuming I am, I have told You many times about assumption being the mother of all fuck ups :lol:

Anyhow, Wonder Woman the movie was epic, years and years and years of endless male super heroes always in the lead role, then we have a woman in the lead role and sales and critics prove the movie to be an epic success, but as always here is always a few males who hate it [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img] [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img] :lol:

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Greebo » Mon, 18Apr16 15:03

You might call me a feminist -- I was brought up by a single mother who had to fight for most things we needed against a hell of a lot of misogyny and was still having to work her fingers to the bone when she died of cancer before even being able to retire. It left me with a desire to help needy minorities and defy bullies, no matter what their sex, skin colour, nationality, religion or age, even though I've never been particularly well off, influential, or physically powerful. Latter day politics disgust me and the likes of Trump, Putin and May I find positively vomit worthy, never mind poisonous tyrants like Assad and his ilk -- pity there isn't a Diana around to make a real difference on behalf of the oppressed!

Unfortunately I'm also a realist.
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 18Apr16 16:43

I admire your Mum, she worked dam hard for her kids to give you all a life and a life worthy of her in remembrance of her tireless work for you all, I have much respect for both girls and women who work that hard day in day out endlessly for the family and do not even let fatal ill health stop them, those girls and women like your Mum are true icons for all others to follow.

I am from a 2 parent family and both Mum and Dad worked their fingers to the bone so we could all have better lives then they had and they instilled family above all else values into us all, I also have a desire to help needy minorities and defy bullies, and never let anyone walk all over me or my kids when I have them or walk all over anyone else either.

USA politics is badly flawed by having only 2 real parties to choose from and it is really the same shit endlessly no matter who is elected, Trump for the most part is an idiot for going on twitter and ranting off, his wall and close border policies are good policies, smart to protect his own country, but being blocked by the left now constantly and called racist, their favorite word for everything now, same for the 4 or 5 countries in Europe who are not member state of the EU who have closed their respective borders to migrants flowing in, EU is now trying to take them to the European court of justice for not following what the EU says in relation o their own borders :lol:

May is an idiot and is in trouble now for not consulting parliament before sending in cruise missiles into Syria, Boris is an imbecile in general in his constant stupid comments endlessly.

Assad, was educated in the UK, married a higher class English woman, was literally loved by all in the west for years and years, till someone decided they wanted his countries resources aka oil and gas and boom civil war happens, go figure, he has said he has used chemical weapons against isil, isis, and other terrorists and they surrendered within hours each time, he said he never used them against his own people, winning the war, and use chemical weapons against his own people a min 50 times according to he USA, hmmm, right, so they hit back a few targets in Syria but say they have no interest in toppling Assad at all, but Assad and Putin together have crushed isil and isis in Syria, so yea who knows.

Putin, doesn't like gays at all in Russia, but then again he is not throwing them off roofs either like happens in middle east countries, Putin got rich off others backs, no ifs or buts there, but in spite of that he is liked not just at home but in the EU also by many many people.

There once was a Diana, a princess called Diana, she was a true icon to the world, an example to all to follow and she was loved literally everywhere in the world, but she died, but like the Bob Marley song says: How long shall they kill our prophets while we stand aside and look.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Greyelf » Tue, 18Apr17 00:40

Greebo wrote:Talking about feminist heroines, I can't help feeling that Gal Gadot would make an excellent Modesty Blaise, but who would make a good Willie Garvin to play opposite her? Chuck Norris forty or fifty years younger?
The Modesty Blaise books are (one of) my favourite feminist heroine non-sci-fi based series (which I own and have read multiple times) and I also own the "My name is Modesty" movie by Tatantino (which was ok)

If Daniel Craig was 20 years younger I would of suggested him, as it is I got stuck in what at first I thought would be an easy exercise. (I even had a quick look though lists like this)

As Gal Gadot is in her early 30's I went looking for English males around the same age with the rough looks of Willie and came up wanting, one of the better possibilities was Tom Hiddleston for his work in the "The Night Manager" TV show except he's currently playing Loki in the Avenger related movies.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby Greebo » Tue, 18Apr17 01:10

Mm, I've seen My Name is Modesty and I thought it was an excellent introductory prequel for a Modesty Blaise series of films, but unfortunately Tarantino didn't take it any further like I hoped he might. Films like that prequel and the Kill Bill ones indicate that he could have made a bloody good fist of it and provided a viable strong female action character based challenge to the Bond movies. (The 1966 attempt starring Monica Vitti as Modesty and Terence Stamp as Willie Garvin was a farcical failure that should never have been allowed to leave the cutting room floor)
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Rastifan » Tue, 18Apr17 01:40

PinkVendeta wrote:A double post rasti- were you drinking last night :lol:

Regrettably not [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
Rastifan
Spirit of the oceans

PreviousNext