General Chat

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: General Chat

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 19Jun03 15:31

Greyelf wrote:With US based shows I can often tell which non-prime-time series will be dropped by how much I like them, generally the more I like it the more likely it won't get a 2nd session. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: And here I was thinking it was only me who was jinxed :D
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 19Jun03 15:35

Joe.Pizza wrote:
Joe.Pizza wrote:
PinkVendeta wrote:
Joe.Pizza wrote:
PinkVendeta wrote:I just finished watching the first season of a great TV series called: The Umbrella Academy.

Looks interesting. Of course, having Ellen Page in the show doesn't hurt. I'll give it a shot.

I feel You wont be disappointed if You give season 1 a chance.

I watch the first four episodes. As I expected, if Hannah recommends a show or movie it's going to be dark and quirky. She didn't let me down. :lol:

I like it so far. I don't know if is me, but the show feels like a cross between the darkness of the X-Men and the entertaining quirkiness of the Kingsman. I'll probably finish the watching all ten episodes by this coming weekend.

Thanks for the recommendation.

JP

Well, my wife and I binge watched the last six episodes of the Umbrella Academy. Very entertaining and intriguing. There are a lot of holes in the scripts, but one only needs to not over-think the story and just enjoy the ride.

I like they toned down Klaus's character. Him being stoned all of the time was getting annoying. The kid who plays number five is terrific. He handled the scene with him and Hazel talking shop so well it sounded like two older men talking.

It should be interesting to see where they all wind up at the beginning of Season 2. One thing we do know: DON'T PISS VANYA OFF. :lol:

See dark and quirky can be fun to :lol:
I am also glad they wrote Klaus off the drugs as he was beginning to annoy me mildly in reality, also agree fully, the kid who plays number 5 is a seriously good actor, it shocked me how good he is, cant wait for season 2 to come around, also agree, do not mess with Vanya :D

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 19Jun03 15:38

Joe.Pizza wrote:
Sarchx wrote:Jon with one of the sand sisters, would be a bit strange, since they're all dead ;-)

But yes, it was a bit dissapointing, a bit too political correct and far to sugarsweet an ending for my taste.
Sam suggesting democracy and things like that, was just ridiculos.

Anyway, overall a great series :-)

Agreed it was a great series. It's just sad the last season seemed rushed. Yep, the last episode was PC. but for me was expected. It's the entertainment industry in the 21st century; PC is pretty much a requisite.

Oh shoot, I didn't realize the Sand Sisters got iced. It's probably due to all three weren't together when they died so I didn't realize they were a Sand Sister. I looked it up and sure enough the three died in Season 7, two by Lord Reaper and the other by Cersei. On the other hand, there were five other sisters (I believe were younger) we didn't get to know. So Jon could have still pick one of them up. Yeah, yeah, that's a good enough theory for me. :lol:

Seems Bran knew about everything from season 1 to season 8, all events, and he is clearly a nut job, as he allowed 10s of 1000s to die so he could have the throne :lol:

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 19Jun03 15:40

Joe.Pizza wrote:Someone showed me this humorous retelling of Game of Thrones season 8 as a "pitch meeting".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAhKOV3nImQ

That was excellent, exactly everything I said almost :lol: and every fear every GoT fan had, wow season 8 was a total mess beginning to end.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Joe.Pizza » Tue, 19Jun04 02:56

PinkVendeta wrote:Seems Bran knew about everything from season 1 to season 8, all events, and he is clearly a nut job, as he allowed 10s of 1000s to die so he could have the throne :lol:

Even worse than that is he knew how bad the script was for Season 8 and he didn't warn us fans. :lol:
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby HeyChief » Thu, 19Jun13 06:13

Have any of you read about the "War of the Roses"?
HeyChief
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby PinkVendeta » Thu, 19Jun13 21:55

Joe.Pizza wrote:
PinkVendeta wrote:Seems Bran knew about everything from season 1 to season 8, all events, and he is clearly a nut job, as he allowed 10s of 1000s to die so he could have the throne :lol:

Even worse than that is he knew how bad the script was for Season 8 and he didn't warn us fans. :lol:

:lol: :lol: Sad but true, season 8 sucked balls in reality [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Thu, 19Jun13 21:58

HeyChief wrote:Have any of you read about the "War of the Roses"?

Hmmmm.

The name "Wars of the Roses" refers to the heraldic badges associated with two rival branches of the same royal house, the White Rose of York and the Red Rose of Lancaster.

The Wars of the Roses were a series of battles fought in medieval England from 1455 to 1485 between the House of Lancaster and the House of York. The wars ended when Richard III, the last Yorkist king, was defeated at the battle of Bosworth in 1485 by Henry Tudor founder of the house of Tudor.

At least though we took those horrible events, learned from them and learned to never ever repeat them right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Thu, 19Jun13 22:00

Just watched a good mini Tv series, I thought it was good, 6 episodes, let me know what You all think.

Good Omens:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1869454/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Fri, 19Jul19 13:42

This was both an amazing watch and also shocking to be honest.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7366338/

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Tue, 19Jul30 16:17

Into season 14 now and still going strong, well worth watching from season 1 right through to season 14.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460681/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Ivlia » Fri, 19Aug02 23:57

PinkVendeta wrote:This was both an amazing watch and also shocking to be honest.

I think, the reality was more shocking. And film is superb! [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
Ivlia
great white shark

Postby Ivlia » Fri, 19Aug02 23:59

Sometimes impossible is possible. And it is miracle. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0349825/
Ivlia
great white shark

Postby Ivlia » Mon, 19Aug19 19:44

MUST see, if you like football (soccer), especially, English:
Ivlia
great white shark

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 19Aug25 00:54

Ivlia wrote:
PinkVendeta wrote:This was both an amazing watch and also shocking to be honest.

I think, the reality was more shocking. And film is superb! [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

When You know from this series the shear level of stupid people in full control of the plant and the endless errors they caused which was the cause of this shocking event, it is all shocking, beginning, middle and end.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to The beach