General Chat

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: General Chat

Postby PinkVendeta » Wed, 18Dec19 15:46

Just watched Aquaman.

Pretty good movie, very good how the pollution of our oceans was in the movie, but I digress :lol: good movie, worth a watch.
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby fleet » Wed, 18Dec19 17:30

Went to the theater and saw 'The Grinch'. Colorful and funny.
Watched 'The Man Who invented Christmas' on DVD. Enjoyed it.
Check out my latest adult visual novel "After She Left"
at http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4363
I moderate at http://undertow.club
fleet
Great Master of corals

sex: Masculine

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 18Dec24 10:36

I watched 2 movies recently both are worth a watch.

Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle (2018)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2388771/

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4123430/

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Joe.Pizza » Sat, 19Jan19 05:36

Joe.Pizza wrote:Greyelf's list
"The Castle of Cagliostro" (his first 'film' (not first animation) and where it all began)
"Kiki's Delivery Service"
"Spirited Away"
"Howl's Moving Castle"

I tried watching "Kiki's Delivery Service", but I could find a English dubbed version readily available. (I know horrors to the purists like my son) :lol:

So I googled Ghibli movies and of course non-Ghibli movies were suggested. My wife and I decided to watch "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time". It was a cute movie. Maybe not Ghibli quality, but still enjoyable none the less.
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

Postby PinkVendeta » Sat, 19Jan19 11:20

Learn to speak Japanese then You wont need subtitles :lol:

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Sat, 19Jan19 11:22

Anyone seen any good movies worth a watch, nothing brexit, trump related or obama/clinton related tho as Im sick of that stupid BS now.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Ivlia » Sat, 19Jan19 23:34

1944 (2015) [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3213684/

No words. Only eyes full with tears...
Ivlia
great white shark

Postby Joe.Pizza » Sun, 19Jan20 01:26

PinkVendeta wrote:Learn to speak Japanese then You wont need subtitles :lol:

Heck, I have a hard enough time trying communicate in my native English let alone another language. :lol:

Actually, I don't mind English subbed, but my wife has a hard time reading subtitles so dubbed it is.
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

Postby Joe.Pizza » Sun, 19Jan20 01:48

PinkVendeta wrote:Anyone seen any good movies worth a watch, nothing brexit, trump related or obama/clinton related tho as Im sick of that stupid BS now.

Agreed. Everything seems to be political or remakes. I mean, really, a movie about Dick Cheney? He was a Vice President, who cares except for the most ravenous partisans? I'm pretty good with US civics and would have a hard time recalling all of the VPs in my lifetime.

As for movies, have you ever watched Ladyhawk? The TV series "Babylon 5" was pretty cool, although being about an intergalactic space station, the diplomacy part maybe a turn off given that you want to avoid politics. One of my favorites to watch is "Hunt for Red October". Most anything with Sean Connery is good, although "Highlander" still has me confused.
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

Postby PinkVendeta » Wed, 19Jan23 17:39

Joe.Pizza wrote: Dick Cheney

Cheney is a globalist demon, but sure make a movie about him, make him seem like a hero :lol:

Joe.Pizza wrote:As for movies, have you ever watched Ladyhawk? The TV series "Babylon 5" was pretty cool, although being about an intergalactic space station, the diplomacy part maybe a turn off given that you want to avoid politics. One of my favorites to watch is "Hunt for Red October". Most anything with Sean Connery is good, although "Highlander" still has me confused.

Never seen any of those movies, but will give them a watch, thanks for sharing.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Wed, 19Jan23 18:33

Joe.Pizza wrote:Cheney

Watch this guy JP, tells it as it is, and pretty funny also, good comedian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60VUtxmN1IE

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Xyzzy987 » Wed, 19Jan30 10:25

PinkVendeta wrote:Cheney is a globalist demon, but sure make a movie about him, make him seem like a hero :lol:

Have you seen Vice? I have not, so cannot say for sure, but a friend whose opinion I trust did, and said that he comes off looking like the traitorous evil bastard that he is. Also, the makeup artists for that film should win an Academy Award. I could not believe that's Christian Bale.

If you're looking for more Black and White movies to watch, then you've got to see Casablanca, made in 1942. Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman, Sidney Greenstreet, Claude Rains, Peter Lorre, Paul Heinreid, Dooley Wilson. IMHO, the best movie ever made. Not a single wasted frame.
Xyzzy987
lagoon predator

Postby Joe.Pizza » Sat, 19Feb02 21:39

Xyzzy987 wrote:
PinkVendeta wrote:Cheney is a globalist demon, but sure make a movie about him, make him seem like a hero :lol:

Have you seen Vice? I have not, so cannot say for sure, but a friend whose opinion I trust did, and said that he comes off looking like the traitorous evil bastard that he is.

Never fear folks. With the political atmosphere in the US and Hollywood's hatred towards Republicans there's no way this movie will make Cheney a hero. On the other hand, there is a possibility they could jump the shark and make the movie a farce which may undermine it's message.

I still think it wasn't very good idea to make this movie. A vice president just isn't a compelling subject. Who would want to see a movie about Biden or Pence? Better yet, Gore or Quayle? I give the producers credit they hired a respectable case. It would interesting to see if the box office will surpass their budget.
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

Postby Joe.Pizza » Sat, 19Feb02 22:02

Saw part of a movie on IFC, "Kick-Ass 2". The movie concept was an interesting comedy spoof of comic super hero movies. This case the super heros are a group of high school misfits fighting for justice with the leader having the alter-ego name "Kick-Ass". The movie started fine, then about half way through it went over the top stupid. Needless to say I found other things to do.

I guess the movie has a cult following since it had a IMDB score of 6.6. The first installment scored even higher with 7.6. Does anyone here know if the first one was any good?
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 19Feb04 15:07

Ivlia wrote:1944 (2015) [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3213684/

No words. Only eyes full with tears...

Brothers fighting brothers, been done in movies many times over, plus war movies tend to bore me somewhat, though thanks for sharing.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

PreviousNext

Return to The beach