DigitalEro Have Been Stolen From Me

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: DigitalEro Have Been Stolen From Me

Postby Rastifan » Wed, 14Jun11 06:44

This will take time and I may only be able to take it down. Me and Ash are making a new DE. Got a complete forum backup.
Won't be that much work.

Thanks for the support all [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
Rastifan
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Squeeky » Wed, 14Jun11 07:04

And ... then ... we will get a pic by pic of the RS getting screwed? Spanish style? :lol: :lol:
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

sex: Masculine

Postby Bonhomie » Wed, 14Jun11 10:38

Dun Dun Dur .............

Nobody expects the Spanish ............................ style :D
Bonhomie
Games Master

Postby iksanabot » Sat, 14Jun14 18:51

Geez, that's terrible Rast, but it seems like you've got him right where you want him now. I hope this ends up as a win for the good guy.

If that seems ambiguous to anyone, I mean that Rastifan is the good guy.
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby Rastifan » Sun, 14Jun15 01:00

iksanabot wrote:Geez, that's terrible Rast, but it seems like you've got him right where you want him now. I hope this ends up as a win for the good guy.

If that seems ambiguous to anyone, I mean that Rastifan is the good guy.

It was about the money. The forum had close to 60 000 members. Heavy traffic. It was worth something. Had offers on the domain. I was so stupid to say it.
Should have kept it to my self. And getting it back may not be so simple. The issue of domain theft is a gray area. Is only one case in the US where such a case
went to court and the complainant got his domain back. There it was a questions of a couple of million dollars in losses. The thief lives in Netherlands. I live in Norway. But we will see.

I always intended to keep DE free, the models free. Everything free and more so add free. Which is why I paid for it my self.
Rastifan
Spirit of the oceans

Postby iksanabot » Sun, 14Jun15 10:18

That's a coincidence, I live in the Netherlands. And it's silly to say, but I'm a martial arts expert and weight-lifter - I'm not shitting you. Of course I'm not going to knock on some guys door and just beat the shit out of him (though fantasizing about doing that is really fun). But if you need a local contact, I am here.
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby Rastifan » Sun, 14Jun15 10:49

iksanabot wrote:That's a coincidence, I live in the Netherlands. And it's silly to say, but I'm a martial arts expert and weight-lifter - I'm not shitting you. Of course I'm not going to knock on some guys door and just beat the shit out of him (though fantasizing about doing that is really fun). But if you need a local contact, I am here.

That would not work to well in a legal context. He might be a thief, but resorting to personal threats will only weaken my case right now. But if the legal course can't help me, I will take personal
action my self. And that will be on me and not others. Thanks for the offer though [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img] Also he is a very fat Pc nerd. It would not be a very fair fight. Seeing you at his door will only make him soil
him self.
Rastifan
Spirit of the oceans

Postby iksanabot » Sun, 14Jun15 19:26

Rastifan wrote:That would not work to well in a legal context. He might be a thief, but resorting to personal threats will only weaken my case right now. But if the legal course can't help me, I will take personal
action my self. And that will be on me and not others. Thanks for the offer though [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img] Also he is a very fat Pc nerd. It would not be a very fair fight. Seeing you at his door will only make him soil
him self.

Ha, yeah, no of course not. And it was silly of me to brag about my combat skills because I'm actually a big softy - much more of a lover than a fighter. But what I meant was that if you needed someone in the Netherlands for some small detail, like, I don't know, getting a picture of him, or a license plate number or something, I could do that if he lived in my part of the country.

But it sure would be fun to get a picture of him soiling himself... :)
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby Rastifan » Sun, 14Jun15 21:05

DigitalEro got hacked last night. Everything was wiped. Whoever did this managed to get through encrypted security. There is a backup in place though. But I did not order the attack. Was done without my knowledge.
But Ganonmaster said this was the straw. He is giving up. Seems I am getting my domain back. He got to much flack for this he said. He felt it was not worth it. A lot of bad things have been said during this mess on both sides. Getting this sorry affair on a distance, I regret some things I have said. Almost cost me a good friendship to. Will need a new host and I hope DE can return to what it used to be. A fun and creative place
Rastifan
Spirit of the oceans

Postby iksanabot » Sun, 14Jun22 17:09

I hope that means your nightmare is over Rastifan.
I think it's neat that you have some anonymous guardian angels, or devils, maybe, depending on your point of view.
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby insane » Sat, 14Sep06 04:06

Are you talking about digitalero.org (nice site) or officialdigitalero.com ??
Congrats with Happy End [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]
Insane3D.com is for fun, Creative3dCash.com is for biz!
insane
Pilot fish

Postby Rastifan » Sat, 14Sep06 06:58

insane3d.com wrote:Are you talking about digitalero.org (nice site) or officialdigitalero.com ??
Congrats with Happy End [img]images/icones/icon7.gif[/img]

Yes that is my new forum [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]
Rastifan
Spirit of the oceans

Postby simarimas1 » Tue, 14Sep09 21:58

Oh man! I know how frustrating and heartbreaking it is to lose all that work. I had the same thing happen to me. (Not stolen, but hacked and wiped). Luckily mine was all photos, but it took me a month to rebuild my site.

I feel for you Rastifan, and wish you the best of luck on the new site!

I also wish nothing but heartache for the one who robbed you.
simarimas1
great white shark

Postby Rastifan » Wed, 14Sep10 00:26

simarimas1 wrote:Oh man! I know how frustrating and heartbreaking it is to lose all that work. I had the same thing happen to me. (Not stolen, but hacked and wiped). Luckily mine was all photos, but it took me a month to rebuild my site.

I feel for you Rastifan, and wish you the best of luck on the new site!

I also wish nothing but heartache for the one who robbed you.

Luckily I took a complete backup of the forum before it was stolen. But we had close to 80 000 members and the place was worth something.
But now we are building again and in record time we have 9612 members. And the forum is rapidly growing [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

The fact that someone hacked passed all the security scared Ganonmaster who stole it. If they could do that, they could do a lot of things to him.
Someone with serious hacker knowledge was severely pissed at him and he knew it. So he backed off and never returned. Karma is a bitch :roi:

For once hacking was used for something good. Teaching a thief a lesson. Not like what happen to you. Sorry to hear that.
Rastifan
Spirit of the oceans

Previous

Return to The beach