Illusions - Beyond the expected.

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Illusions - Beyond the expected.

Postby Squeeky » Wed, 13Apr17 09:08

Whilst on a recent holiday I had the opportunity to visit an Art Gallery which had a variety of "installations", some static, some video, a few interactives and one involving sound, light and static objects.

Here I am proposing that we might share the more unusual presentations of illusion (yes, we've all seen the faces/candlestick, the huge shadow stalk its very small cat, but something 'bigger, better').
Clip_3.jpg
Clip_3.jpg (11.9 KiB) Viewed 2340 times

To start I offer this which is not in the vein but interesting in that there is a third face should you care to look.
Clip.jpg
Clip.jpg (79.74 KiB) Viewed 2340 times

This one is intriguing as we see how the body and bench begin to ghost each other as we view downwards.
Clip_2.jpg
Clip_2.jpg (30.78 KiB) Viewed 2340 times

This latter is what really prompted this thread, and thus my opening comment.

I would credit the artists but the links appearing on Facebook could not be readily validated. I feel that the source has strong photographic interests and the above are not his work.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

sex: Masculine

Re: Illusions - Beyond the expected.

Postby Greebo » Wed, 13Apr17 13:56

Squeeky wrote:Whilst on a recent holiday I had the opportunity to visit an Art Gallery which had a variety of "installations", some static, some video, a few interactives and one involving sound, light and static objects.

Here I am proposing that we might share the more unusual presentations of illusion (yes, we've all seen the faces/candlestick, the huge shadow stalk its very small cat, but something 'bigger, better').
Clip_3.jpg

To start I offer this which is not in the vein but interesting in that there is a third face should you care to look.
Clip.jpg

This one is intriguing as we see how the body and bench begin to ghost each other as we view downwards.
Clip_2.jpg

This latter is what really prompted this thread, and thus my opening comment.

I would credit the artists but the links appearing on Facebook could not be readily validated. I feel that the source has strong photographic interests and the above are not his work.

In this case, Squeeky, Google Images search is your friend! To take the last image as an example http://arts.vcu.edu/craft/bio/bohyun-yoon/
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Xyzzy987 » Thu, 13Apr18 08:31

Here are a couple of my favorites:

http://www.coverdude.com/covers/alan-white-ramshackled-1976-inlay-cover-45922.jpg
http://eil.com/Gallery/455450b.jpg

These images are from an album called Ramshackled, by Alan White, who was the drummer for Yes after Bill Bruford left the group.
Xyzzy987
lagoon predator

Postby Squeeky » Thu, 13Apr18 11:29

Ah! Those are beautiful, I do recall seeing that first somewhere.

Those imbedded overlays are really great. I wasn't really thinking much deeper that objects in the composition, but sensuality was in my thoughts.

Let us continue. Merci.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Return to The beach