America on the cusp?

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: America on the cusp?

Postby Skelaturi » Mon, 16Aug08 19:14

LRM wrote:I fear the American voting public today isn't even aware that the President is not the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of the UnitedStates of America.

Sorry, Lou. US and A translates differently.

Anyway. 3th candidate: Evan McMullin. You people who like this topic. Go
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
Skelaturi

sex: Masculine

Postby LRM » Mon, 16Aug08 19:39

See, even I can get lazy [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img] .
If Evan McMullin pulls any votes from Trump in my opinion (IMO), that's a good thing!
I think a vote against him (Hillary) is a better thing!
I really think Trump is dangerous.
If Vladimir Putin is bent on enlarging Russia (I think so)... and Trump wins, brings all the United States military back home, reduces the overall numbers, and pretty much becoming an isolationist... then it's no wonder Putin supports Trump.
How will reducing size of the military create jobs? Our current reactive plans rely on the reservists, IMO our military is already too small!
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby tlaero » Tue, 16Aug09 03:36

One of the guys who works for me is Australian, and he's explained their system to me. I kind of like it. You vote for as many people as you want, but you order your votes. They tally everyone's first choice, and if that results in a majority, that guy wins. If it doesn't, they remove the candidate who got the least number of votes, and anyone who voted for that candidate as their first choice has their second choice vote count. Etc until they get a majority.

That's pretty neat, because it means you can realistically vote for a non-mainstream party but not "throw your vote away" because your second (or third) choice can be for the mainstream. So you could do "first choice Libertarian, second choice Republican" and when the Libertarian fails, your vote still counts for the Republican. Etc. I haven't studied the pros and cons very diligently, but it seems like an interesting system.

Tlaero
Last edited by tlaero on Tue, 16Aug09 06:10, edited 1 time in total.
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby muttdoggy » Tue, 16Aug09 04:47

I like the idea of the Australian system and I wouldn't mind a move over there. But I worry that I'll get into too many fistfights with the local wallabies and kangaroos. :lol:
muttdoggy
lagoon predator

Postby PinkVendeta » Tue, 16Aug09 08:11

tlaero wrote:One of the guys who works for me is Australian, and he's explained their system to me. I kind of like it. You vote for as many people as you want, but you order your votes. They tally everyone's first choice, and if that results in a majority, that guy wins. If it doesn't, they remove the candidate who got the least number of votes, and anyone who voted for that candidate as their first choice has their second choice vote count. Etc until they get a majority.

That's pretty neat, because it means you can realistically vote for a non-mainstream party but not "throw your vote away" because your second (or third) choice can be for the mainstream. So you could do "first choice Libertarian, second choice Republican" and when the Libertarian fails, your vote still counts for the Republican. Etc. I haven't studied the pros and cons very diligently, but it seems like an interesting system.

Tlaero

That is how it works in most of Europe, UK as well as Ireland.

But in most of Europe, UK and Ireland You have a vast choice to choose from, with a minimum bare bones 20 different parties running same time, so You tend not to get the same old bullshit from a 2 party system that America sadly only offers, liberals and Tea party are in America also but they are considered to be nutters from what I read, more nuttier than the 2 main stream parties You all vote for constantly :lol:
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Skelaturi » Wed, 16Aug10 19:29

Deleted all language talk. Next ones will get a infraction. Yes i know there was a small line of politics in there, but it was a small extra. Saying back on topic in 5 replies is not an excuse. Neither is openly ignoring what i said up here and keep dragging someone else back in the conversation about it.

And again English talk is here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3870
Doggy style (noun)
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Skelaturi

Postby LRM » Wed, 16Aug10 20:17

Has everyone heard Trump's suggestion regarding the Second Amendment supporters ( here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Am ... nstitution)? I'm curious about your understanding of that remark. Was it a veiled suggestion she be shot, or an appeal for their votes?
I think he knows exactly what he can and cannot legally say, and skirts that line to the maximum extent. In my opinion this is not the first time be has blurred legality... it is the most blatant!
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Skelaturi » Wed, 16Aug10 20:35

What i remember is that he said he wants to bang his own daughter.
Doggy style (noun)
---

--
Skelaturi

Postby Rikwar » Thu, 16Aug11 03:54

As far as I'm concerned Lou
People knew exactly what he meant. that statement was a carefully crafted dog-whistle. Trump has reached the stage of desperation or utter insanity, anybody else insinuating death threats would have been arrested.

Nothing but talk. Encouraging a foreign enemy nation to hack into American computers? Demeaning Mexicans, women, disabled, Muslims, all whom a president is sworn to protect? Insulting Germany's leader, Britain's leader? Asserting falsely that Putin wouldn't go into a foreign country. Saying he wants to get out of Nato, there are so many reasons to discount trump I couldn't count. Proven track record of failures, trump who won't show his tax returns because there is something that he believes will sink him with voters. What about his bankruptcies?
He has made his money off the backs of contractors who trusted him and were bilked? What about his record of over 13,000 law suits? What about Trump university where he went after the trusting weaker people to bilk out of millions. Can you tell me how he has done anything for anyone else without gain for himself ?
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby muttdoggy » Thu, 16Aug11 05:48

How anybody can understand Trump's 'dog whistle' is far beyond my capabilities to discern. Speaking in broken half-sentences, misusing words, repeating the same words over and over, and having to pause frequently then speak rapidly just doesn't make for a clear message. The last time I heard a person speak like Trump in real life was when I was at work. I was confronting a mentally ill child molester for leering at a little girl in a summer dress. So I've been avoiding listening to Trump's speeches since a couple days ago when he contradicted himself, couldn't remember events that happened just a couple days prior, and then went on a lying binge. I'm not listening to another Trump speech.
I'm an American with centrist or moderate views. I'm neither Democrat nor Republican and believe in independence, self-reliance, and taking responsibility for all your own actions. For that reason, I cannot vote for Trump since he's clearly lacking in taking responsibility for his actions. He won't own up to what he's saying then accuses people of twisting his words. He's frequently asked to clarify his comments yet he's never tried to make an effort to commicate clearly. He might use a teleprompter for a few minutes or an hour but soon he's back to rambling from topic to topic. Like I said, I can't vote for him because I can clearly see that he is unfit to be a the leader of the United States.
muttdoggy
lagoon predator

Postby PinkVendeta » Thu, 16Aug11 11:20

Most people online are saying it was a clear call to arms for those gun owners in the USA who want to keep their right to bear arms, to actually kill her.

Nothing surprises me coming out of Trump's mouth, to this morning, many online are debating his latest saying that both Obama and her are the creators of ISIS.

He is unfit to be the leader of the USA, but in reality, She is as unfit to lead the USA as well, and it is clear as to why she is also unfit to lead.

As the old saying goes, it is 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other, they are literally both as bad as each other.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby LucaNatoli » Thu, 16Aug11 18:27

Ugh, politics.

Seems this day and age, they are getting dumber and dumber. Even our Prime Minister here is a bit on the, how do I say it, stupid side.

I have not been following the USA politics, so what is new with the Trump, is he fired? Last I heard, he was bad mouthing, I think, Mexicans, and wanting to build a giant wall like The Great Wall of China. What a douche.

All I know, if he is elected, he will offend so many countries, and screw so many U.S citizens out of hard earned cash. The only way he came to be so rich, is by screwing over people.

Skelaturi wrote:What i remember is that he said he wants to bang his own daughter.

What the?! Trump actually said he wanted to do that?
LucaNatoli
Games Master

Postby PinkVendeta » Thu, 16Aug11 22:33

What Trump actually said was, his daughter Ivanka was very sexy and he would date her if he could, so sex is involved in dating, so yea, pretty cringe worthy.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby muttdoggy » Thu, 16Aug11 23:51

PinkVendeta wrote:What Trump actually said was, his daughter Ivanka was very sexy and he would date her if he could, so sex is involved in dating, so yea, pretty cringe worthy.

He didn't say that once.. he's actually said that multiple times. One time he was asked what he would do if Ivanka posed for Playboy. His response is as follows...
“It would be really disappointing — not really — but it would depend on what’s inside the magazine. I don’t think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”
Make of it what you will.
muttdoggy
lagoon predator

Postby Greebo » Fri, 16Aug12 00:58

Pass me the vomit bucket [img]images/icones/icon18.gif[/img]
Greebo
Great Master of corals

PreviousNext

Return to The beach