Limited Engagement - alias - Going to be scarce

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: Going to be scarce for a while

Postby Loup Garou » Sun, 12Oct07 20:01

Keep hanging in there. take care of yourself. I will send you positive energy and hope you find a doctor who can treat your problem successfully.
Loup Garou
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 12Oct08 00:04

Tlaero,
I appreciate your update.
Um? Have you considered the use of an ergonomic keyboard? I'm sure that would have already been suggested/dismissed anyway.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Greebo » Mon, 12Oct08 00:18

It'll be good to see you around, even if only for rare or short posts.

I've been thinking about you from time to time and I will continue to do so, you can be sure.
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Rikwar » Mon, 12Oct08 05:43

Take care Tlaero and know you are missed, hope they do find some comfort for that tendon and shoulder problem, on the flip side great to hear your figure is getting a work out :alpaga-1196794385: ;)
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby Greebo » Mon, 12Oct08 09:52

Pity voice recognition apps are still in need of improvement -- or are there any that can do a really good job now? Maybe correcting the output from one of those would be less painful than unassisted direct input.
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby luke » Mon, 12Oct08 13:07

Hey, tlaero, nice to see you again in the lagoon.
Que la Force de Shark soit avec toi / May the Shark Force be with you
luke

Postby tlaero » Tue, 12Oct09 01:34

Yep, I use ergonomic keyboards both at home and at work. They help, but don't solve the problem.

Voice recognition for commands and searches has come a long way, but for dictation is still unusable. The problem is ferociously hard. I was at a large event recently where the speakers were on huge jumbotron monitors and they had a human typing a "closed caption" set of text we could all see. I was surprised at how much the human got wrong. Computers have their work cut out for them when it comes to free form voice dictation.

Tlaero
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Postby jfrancois323 » Tue, 12Oct09 04:26

Welcome back tlaero, i send you a lot of healing energy. Im sorry to hear that you don't feel nicer, but i understand you, i broke my ankle on January & im only at 70%. So im ready to share my healing energy with you !!

See you & heal well !!!
jfrancois323
star of the reef

Postby Newdood » Fri, 12Oct12 18:39

Hello tlaero,

I'll join the chorus welcoming you back to the lagoon. Sorry to hear that your wrist problem may be more difficult to remedy than CTS, but glad to hear that you have a positive outlook on it.

Also glad to hear about your rock-climbing. It sort of modifies the meaning of advice to 'Hang in there' but luckily it only MAGNIFIES it!!
Newdood
star of the reef

Postby eskina » Wed, 12Oct17 15:44

First of all, I too would like to congratulations for the return of Tlaero. However I'm missing something, that is if she is ready to work on future games or not. Please give me some clarification because the games Tlaero are absolutely the best and not to produce more would be a serious loss to the lagoon.
eskina
sirens hunter

Postby P-Slayer » Sat, 12Oct20 09:22

Tlaero's work is among the best! The Christine and Keeley series has been absolutely amazing.

I really hope you get better T; I'm a huge fan of your work (as you can see from my avatar), and would love to see you reclaim your throne as the queen of the Virtual Date game.
P-Slayer
lagoon predator

Postby P-Slayer » Sat, 12Oct20 09:30

I would also like to know what Tlaero games my fellow Lagoon dwellers enjoy the most.

"Daydreaming with Keeley" is my personal favorite -- but that's mostly due to the fact that Keisha is my fav Tlaero character.
However, objectively speaking, "Getting to Know Christine" is still her crowning achievement.

What do you guys think?
P-Slayer
lagoon predator

Postby Squeeky » Sat, 12Oct20 12:09

Before Tlaero offers her comment I am very certain that she would suggest that you have been very remiss of phreaky's contributions; they did form a very successful team (yes, we can only wonder in hope that can be rejoined as may well be according to Tlaero's health).
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby Rikwar » Sat, 12Oct20 16:49

Squeeky wrote:Before Tlaero offers her comment I am very certain that she would suggest that you have been very remiss of phreaky's contributions; they did form a very successful team (yes, we can only wonder in hope that can be rejoined as may well be according to Tlaero's health).

I agree with you Squeeky and do hope that both rejoine together, phreaky's renderings where the best Ive seen in these type of games, Tlaero's writing of the game was top notch giving the player a more involved feeling, both raised the bar in quality game !!

By the way I have noticed that phreaky hasn't been around for the past 2 months hope hes doing well ;)
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby P-Slayer » Sat, 12Oct20 18:54

Squeeky wrote:Before Tlaero offers her comment I am very certain that she would suggest that you have been very remiss of phreaky's contributions; they did form a very successful team (yes, we can only wonder in hope that can be rejoined as may well be according to Tlaero's health).

Not trying to take away anything from Phreaky; I was just talking about Tlaero, mostly, becasue I know she's out of commission with a serious problem.

Yes, they are an amazing team. Not doubt about that.
P-Slayer
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to The beach