share the videos you like

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: share the videos you like

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 19Jan27 14:42

Joe.Pizza wrote:
PinkVendeta wrote:We all seem to have gone miles off topic here, maybe Mods could move all the off topic into the General Chat thread and we can continue to chat about this all there.

True, but is digression the spice of a comment board? (Nothing like completely messing up an old saying). :lol:

True, true. :lol:
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 19Jan27 14:47

Joe.Pizza wrote:OK, back on topic.

I heard this classic song playing on in Taco Bell tonight. It's not really my style of music; but the guitar riff is epic and I like the funky bass lines. WARNING: This song can give you an earworm. [img]images/icones/icon18.gif[/img]

Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvuL5jyCHOw

I was never a fan of Lenny or his music.

I was flicking around Youtube watching various vids and came across this music vid, never heard of them before, the outfits on the guys are well out there :lol: but the song is catchy and the girl singing it is beautiful also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4y_acTR0MY

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Joe.Pizza » Mon, 19Jan28 02:03

PinkVendeta wrote:I was never a fan of Lenny or his music.

I was flicking around Youtube watching various vids and came across this music vid, never heard of them before, the outfits on the guys are well out there :lol: but the song is catchy and the girl singing it is beautiful also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4y_acTR0MY

I'm not a fan of Lenny either other than the song "Fly Away". Frankly, I couldn't name any of his other stuff unless I looked it up which I'm not inclined to do. But, liking Fly Away bought me some creds with my kids and their friends when they were teenagers. :lol:

Yes, the acts in the mid to late 70s had some outrageous outfits and sets. Groups like Parliament, Stryper and Kiss took it to the extreme. Then, there was Jethro Tull with Ian Anderson wearing tights and a codpiece which at 70 year old he says is safely tucked away in the bottom dresser drawer never to be seen again except on old Youtube videos. :lol:

Here's "Minstrel In The Gallery" live from Paris 1975. It's a little long, but has two parts: the acoustic medieval part then it rocks out with some great guitar riffs along with Ian's flute solos. Check out the bass player's outfit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTWI0TvnfQ8
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby Sarchx » Tue, 19Jan29 23:25

Well, the early 80's weren't much better - with the start of Hip Hop, when it comes to costumes.

Here's Afrika Bambaataa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J3lwZjHenA :roi:
Sarchx
Sarchx
lagoon predator

Postby PinkVendeta » Wed, 19Jan30 00:42

Sarchx wrote:Well, the early 80's weren't much better - with the start of Hip Hop, when it comes to costumes.

Here's Afrika Bambaataa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J3lwZjHenA :roi:

Was never ever a fan of hip hop or rap, bar the song by MC Hammer, You cant touch this :lol:

Though I do like 2 legit to quit, especially this version of it :lol: watch it all to see what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZMCFzq37iQ

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby moskys » Fri, 19Mar08 18:27

Sophie Ellis-Bextor, one of my favourites voices around there and a hell of a woman I've re-discovered short time ago, mostly known for her disco-pop songs and her vocals in some trance hits in the early 2000s. This week I stumbled upon this video and I think music, lyrics and video compose a truly masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmPM-LZ-6y8

This one is from her latest album (I think) and reflects her usual style better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F8mEQsXVkQ
moskys
lagoon predator

Postby Greebo » Sun, 19Mar10 00:54

Strange face -- but I like it and really enjoy her singing. Maybe she should have tried some of her 'Murder on the Dance Floor' tricks on Strictly Come Dancing because I think she and Brendan Cole deserved to get into the final three rather than 4th place. Still that was an odd Strictly Final anyway, with the great British public voting badly as is their tendency -- Natalie Gumede and Artem Chigvintsev by far deserved that Glitterball not Abbey and Aljaz!
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby moskys » Mon, 19Mar11 17:03

Greebo wrote:Strange face -- but I like it and really enjoy her singing. Maybe she should have tried some of her 'Murder on the Dance Floor' tricks on Strictly Come Dancing because I think she and Brendan Cole deserved to get into the final three rather than 4th place. Still that was an odd Strictly Final anyway, with the great British public voting badly as is their tendency -- Natalie Gumede and Artem Chigvintsev by far deserved that Glitterball not Abbey and Aljaz!

I fully agree with the facts I'm well aware of from Spain (her strange but beautiful face, her nice singing and British bad voting tendences :crazy: ). No clue about the TV show, though, but I trust you ;)
moskys
lagoon predator

Postby AlleyKat » Wed, 19Mar13 23:20

moskys wrote:Sophie Ellis-Bextor, one of my favourites voices around there and a hell of a woman I've re-discovered short time ago, mostly known for her disco-pop songs and her vocals in some trance hits in the early 2000s. This week I stumbled upon this video and I think music, lyrics and video compose a truly masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmPM-LZ-6y8

This one is from her latest album (I think) and reflects her usual style better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F8mEQsXVkQ

Oh yeah, I remember her song Murder on the Dancefloor from my teenage years! Dang I feel old now!
Great artist, very lovely velvety voice. She's also quite beautiful, or at least she is to me.

~Kat
www.scarletspire.com -- www.alleykat.org
AlleyKat
Pilot fish

Postby PinkVendeta » Thu, 19Mar14 18:48

She seemed to be a hit for a while and then poof gone, made her money and got out and with luck has had a good life.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Greebo » Thu, 19Mar14 19:14

PinkVendeta wrote:She seemed to be a hit for a while and then poof gone, made her money and got out and with luck has had a good life.

Looks like you're a little out of touch -- some of her latest busy-ness according to Wikipedia:
"...The couple's fifth son was born in January 2019." [img]smile/eek.gif[/img]
"In March 2019 she released her first greatest hits compilation, called The Song Diaries, which consists of orchestral reworkings of 16 singles."
"2019: "Summer 2019" (Supporting Kylie Minogue)"

I wouldn't have thought going on tour with Kylie is exactly a rest cure after popping out a sprog at the start of the year!
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Greebo » Wed, 19Mar20 23:25

My apologies to PinkVendeta if this is too close to jazz for her taste, but I've just been listening again to Katja Reickermann. If you listen to any Rod Stewart music from the last decade or two and hear some mind blowing saxophone music, the chances are that Katja is the one blowing that horn -- she often tours as part of his backing group when she isn't doing her own thing. If you still compare jazz with barking dogs, Hannah, this one's for you -- Walkin' The Dog
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby PinkVendeta » Fri, 19Mar22 01:10

Greebo wrote:
PinkVendeta wrote:She seemed to be a hit for a while and then poof gone, made her money and got out and with luck has had a good life.

Looks like you're a little out of touch -- some of her latest busy-ness according to Wikipedia:
"...The couple's fifth son was born in January 2019." [img]smile/eek.gif[/img]
"In March 2019 she released her first greatest hits compilation, called The Song Diaries, which consists of orchestral reworkings of 16 singles."
"2019: "Summer 2019" (Supporting Kylie Minogue)"

I wouldn't have thought going on tour with Kylie is exactly a rest cure after popping out a sprog at the start of the year!

Well I am clearly not out of touch :lol: her life and music has mainly been UK based, some hits in Europe, but the American market was always the place to break through into to make it massive, and she never became a massive world wide star, then again neither did Kylie :lol:

Her albums have placed ok, singles not done so well, 6th album, so not many albums compared to the monsters of pop, rock and so on, 5 kids, so on average 1 kid every 2 years or so?, so 10 years total or there abouts for having kids, spacing and raising and having more kids and so on, she is 39 now.

Her major hit was: Murder On The Dance floor in 2001, so that was 18 years ago, in terms of pop and songs released she is nothing major in reality, she is still touring, but, the events are not big anymore, so this reflects clearly what she can fill and what she cannot fill based on what the public like and will buy tickets to see.

As for Kylie :lol: she was a full product of SAW or Stock, Aitken, Waterman, they had some good artists signed who were great singers like Donna Summer and Rick Astley, Cliff Richard to name a few who could sing amazing live, and then a lot of other bands and artists signed who never sang live, only mimed to songs because they had crap voices :lol:

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby PinkVendeta » Fri, 19Mar22 01:20

Greebo wrote:My apologies to PinkVendeta if this is too close to jazz for her taste, but I've just been listening again to Katja Reickermann. If you listen to any Rod Stewart music from the last decade or two and hear some mind blowing saxophone music, the chances are that Katja is the one blowing that horn -- she often tours as part of his backing group when she isn't doing her own thing. If you still compare jazz with barking dogs, Hannah, this one's for you -- Walkin' The Dog

No need to be sorry Gerry, Jazz is not my thing at all.

Having said that, the sax solo by Wesley in the song: Will You, by Hazel O'Connor (average singer is Hazel) is simply the best sax solo ever, the soul of the man comes through the sax while he plays it, many 1000s of sax players have played this solo, but none move people while playing it like Wesley does, sometimes hairs on my arms stand up when I hear it, 2:26 into the song is the solo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twqdWWY5iEc

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Joe.Pizza » Fri, 19Sep27 00:13

Haven't seen many videos posted in about a half year. I have "1234" by Feist on my Amazon music play list. It's a great song and I love her folky presentation.

Funny thing is the first time I heard it was when I was watching Disney Jr with my granddaughters. It was a parody Feist did on Sesame Street. I was intrigued by her putting everything into the skit. Usually artists will do a song putting a meh effort into it. Feist said doing Sesame Street was a highlight of her career and it shows.

In some ways I like the parody better. Watching it puts a smile on my face of the days when my granddaughters were toddlers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ9WiuJPnNA
Joe.Pizza
lagoon predator

PreviousNext

Return to The beach