Music

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: Music

Postby Squeeky » Tue, 13Oct29 07:18

Gandalf wrote:Ah, i binged "Xtal set" so by "band" you thought i meant a shortwave band radio?In the US band is like group, as in, musical group or those that perform music together with musical instruments.So no i didn't sing into a shortwave band radio in a nightclub for tips.Funny that.
.......

Ah! No! No. :lol: :lol:
I'll get chastised by LRM for my faux pas!
Back in the "whenever" years crystal sets (germanium crystals with "cats whisker") were the only radio. In my teen years I could not afford a transistor radio (about the size of two volumes of Encyclopedia Britannica, or equivalent). At home I listened with a Xtal set - Xtal was the then recognised abbreviation for crystal, well as a marketing ploy anyway.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
User avatar
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans
 
Posts: 4177
Joined: Mon, 08Jan07 00:00
Location: Australia
sex: Masculine

Re: Music

Postby qporn » Sun, 13Dec22 10:16

For those who like new rock like RHCP,Arctic Monkeys
you should check out Animal Noise.
It's a great band with mixture of many genres and you will love it
qporn
Pilot fish
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat, 13Dec21 13:28
sex: Masculine

Re: Music

Postby spitzertyp » Mon, 13Dec23 17:49

Gandalf wrote:Today i don't set down and listen to music much anymore.Actually i don't have to for i've always got something going through my head.


I completely understand what you mean, but sometimes i think: okay, maybe that could be part of the "problem".
At one point i start thinking: gosh, there's so much good music in the world, why should i care about the rest of it? its too much to listen to only the music which was made UNTIL that point, not to speak about the good music produced AFTER this point.
and the life itself....: how much time do i spend nowadays in sit down, put earphones on and LISTEN to an album? and how much time did i spent in doing this at younger age??
i do miss the opportunity to spend more time to listen to music i like. but i sure try to to not waste time in listening to music which i don't like.

nearly the same in reading books btw....
spitzertyp
Games Master
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri, 08Feb08 00:00
Location: where you like to be

Re: Music

Postby Skelaturi » Wed, 15Aug05 18:10

necro but didn't want to start somethign new

Personally i am interested in the internet genre (yes cause some do not find it real music) Nightcore, its sped up songs usually techno but anything goes. While i have to admit when it goes to much chipmunk i am out, for the rest big fain of Theme music and my personal favourite while the slower version makes me tear, the main theme of the show is great. Atleast in my opinion .

youtube Fairy tail themes slow
Last edited by Skelaturi on Fri, 15Sep18 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
Doggy style (noun)
A sexual position which allows both participants to watch TV.
---
My weakness a deviant Redhead: http://the-new-lagoon.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8&start=4425#p97335

--
Seen anything wrong, a typo, to ask, anything else? PM me.
User avatar
Skelaturi
Moderator
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed, 14Nov19 19:06
Location: The Netherlands, Brabant
sex: Masculine

Re: Music

Postby saolo996 » Tue, 15Aug18 14:43

spitzertyp wrote:I am wondering if anyone in the lagoon does know Prefab Sprout?
Today the new Album is released, called Crimson/Red.
It is absolute stunning.
I am into Paddy McAloon's Prefab Sprout since the 80ies; on some mysterious ways i found them with their first album "Swoon", which still excites me nearly 25years later. Since then i am a fan and admirer of McAloon.
Anyone else?


"Goodbye Lucille #1" is one of my favourite songs!

As other lagoneers I define myself as ecletic too, I think it's due to the fact when I was born my father already had a 700 LP collection, not to mention all the 45 rpm vyinils...
So I can really listen to everything and enjoy everything starting from classic rock, classical music (I love Mozart, Bach and Chopin) arriving to Nu Metal after passing from all kind of music, singers, groups!

You mentioned a lot of them, I just like to talk about "Noir Desir" that I loved so much (Crazy Cantat... Why the hell you did that), or Spandau Ballet (one of the best gigs I've ever seen and I've seen a lot), Muse and System of a Down. I can't believe nobody was speaking about them!

I think music describes some moments of our lives, so I've got a song reminding me someone, a song reminding me an holiday with friends, a song reminding me a love affair... It'd be too long to mention everything!

What else can I say? On my phone I have 3 different tunes: Layla for some people, Whilemy guitar gently weeps for some others (once I played it so much on my guitar my fingers were bleeding!) and Rearviewmirror
"Excuses are like assholes, Taylor, everybody got one"
User avatar
saolo996
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed, 15Jun17 23:35
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
sex: Masculine

Re: Music

Postby Diable Jambe » Sat, 15Nov14 22:34

I love music. I truly feel life in general, everywhere, would be found wanting if it didn't have music. I'm used to making long trips on buses and trains, and outside of the occasional podcast or reading material, it's music that makes sitting for an hour looking out a window enjoyable.
My uncle got me started on ACDC when I was about 9. From then onwards my taste just got deeper into heavier stuff, Megadeth and whatnot. And for a long time that was it, until I started clicking on suggestions by youtube and it all changed. Classical, opera, jazz, blues, country, 70's rock, you name it. Nowadays with 24 years under my belt I listen to almost all kinds of music. I've lately gotten into reading a lot of manga and I really enjoy listening to the soundtrack from said manga's anime (If it has one). I know lots of people give Naruto shit, and I thought it was alright, but the music, specially from Shipuuden, is AMAZING. Then when they don't have an anime to get music from, I try to find something that matches the mood or setting of the story. Kitaro is a mostly instrumental composer that puts a lot of classical japanese instruments into play with more current sounds like electric guitars or sinthezisers.

But I've gone on enough. I'll try to expose the Lagooners into something they might not have heard before, from my land. I don't really know if it's ok to embed a video, so just take my advice and whenever you have a moment to yourself to cool off from your day, maybe go to Youtube and type in Ástor Piazzolla - Milonga del Ángel. Enjoy.
User avatar
Diable Jambe
sirens hunter
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat, 15Nov14 18:54
sex: Masculine

Re: Music

Postby PinkVendeta » Sat, 16May21 23:09

Diable Jambe wrote:I love music. I truly feel life in general, everywhere, would be found wanting if it didn't have music. I'm used to making long trips on buses and trains, and outside of the occasional podcast or reading material, it's music that makes sitting for an hour looking out a window enjoyable.
My uncle got me started on ACDC when I was about 9. From then onwards my taste just got deeper into heavier stuff, Megadeth and whatnot. And for a long time that was it, until I started clicking on suggestions by youtube and it all changed. Classical, opera, jazz, blues, country, 70's rock, you name it. Nowadays with 24 years under my belt I listen to almost all kinds of music. I've lately gotten into reading a lot of manga and I really enjoy listening to the soundtrack from said manga's anime (If it has one). I know lots of people give Naruto shit, and I thought it was alright, but the music, specially from Shipuuden, is AMAZING. Then when they don't have an anime to get music from, I try to find something that matches the mood or setting of the story. Kitaro is a mostly instrumental composer that puts a lot of classical japanese instruments into play with more current sounds like electric guitars or sinthezisers.

But I've gone on enough. I'll try to expose the Lagooners into something they might not have heard before, from my land. I don't really know if it's ok to embed a video, so just take my advice and whenever you have a moment to yourself to cool off from your day, maybe go to Youtube and type in Ástor Piazzolla - Milonga del Ángel. Enjoy.

I love AC/DC have done since I was young, Angus is epic on the guitar, not to sure about them now with Axel, but am willing to give him a go and see what he sounds like singing their songs, I heard the lead singer is in talks with a major hearing company about possible implants into his ears so that he will be able to reduce the input from the amps and so on and return as lead singer with AC/DC again, hope it works out for him, as AC/DC are not the same without him.
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
User avatar
PinkVendeta
star of the reef
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri, 16May20 19:42
sex: Female

Re: Music

Postby muttdoggy » Sun, 16May22 05:09

PinkVendeta wrote:I love AC/DC have done since I was young, Angus is epic on the guitar, not to sure about them now with Axel, but am willing to give him a go and see what he sounds like singing their songs, I heard the lead singer is in talks with a major hearing company about possible implants into his ears so that he will be able to reduce the input from the amps and so on and return as lead singer with AC/DC again, hope it works out for him, as AC/DC are not the same without him.

I agree that AC/DC won't be the same without Brian Johnson. I'm shocked they even considered Axel Rose. He's bad news for AC/DC. Really bad news. If Brian Johnson gets an implant, it won't be effective for several months since he'd need testing, a minor surgery, getting the processor hooked up and programmed. Then he'd have to re-learn all the sounds because it bypasses the outer and middle ear. It can take a year or 2 in some cases to re-learn the sounds. I'm a bilateral cochlear implantee and have been using for the last year and a half and its a vast improvement over the hearing aides I used to wear in so many ways but it does take months to re-learn the sounds.
User avatar
muttdoggy
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 16Jan13 06:38
sex: Masculine

Re: Music

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 16May22 08:30

muttdoggy wrote:
PinkVendeta wrote:I love AC/DC have done since I was young, Angus is epic on the guitar, not to sure about them now with Axel, but am willing to give him a go and see what he sounds like singing their songs, I heard the lead singer is in talks with a major hearing company about possible implants into his ears so that he will be able to reduce the input from the amps and so on and return as lead singer with AC/DC again, hope it works out for him, as AC/DC are not the same without him.

I agree that AC/DC won't be the same without Brian Johnson. I'm shocked they even considered Axel Rose. He's bad news for AC/DC. Really bad news. If Brian Johnson gets an implant, it won't be effective for several months since he'd need testing, a minor surgery, getting the processor hooked up and programmed. Then he'd have to re-learn all the sounds because it bypasses the outer and middle ear. It can take a year or 2 in some cases to re-learn the sounds. I'm a bilateral cochlear implantee and have been using for the last year and a half and its a vast improvement over the hearing aides I used to wear in so many ways but it does take months to re-learn the sounds.

Wow great information, thanks for sharing, how is it working out for You?, I hope Brian can do all of that and return then.

As said I love AC/DC, but have been reading a lot on the band, and when Bon died, everyone said it would be impossible to replace him, but they did with Brian, and now even as a temp replacement with Axel.

I have heard all the songs that Bon Scott sang and he had an amazing voice, his range could go to the bottom, middle and top easily, Brian being honest does not have a good singing voice at all, but he is loved by AC/DC fans none the less, when Axel was in Guns & Roses his voice was amazing also, maybe not so great now, but anyone is better than no one at all and no AC/DC anymore.
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
User avatar
PinkVendeta
star of the reef
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri, 16May20 19:42
sex: Female

Re: Music

Postby muttdoggy » Sun, 16May22 10:12

PinkVendeta wrote:Wow great information, thanks for sharing, how is it working out for You?, I hope Brian can do all of that and return then.

As said I love AC/DC, but have been reading a lot on the band, and when Bon died, everyone said it would be impossible to replace him, but they did with Brian, and now even as a temp replacement with Axel.

I have heard all the songs that Bon Scott sang and he had an amazing voice, his range could go to the bottom, middle and top easily, Brian being honest does not have a good singing voice at all, but he is loved by AC/DC fans none the less, when Axel was in Guns & Roses his voice was amazing also, maybe not so great now, but anyone is better than no one at all and no AC/DC anymore.


The difference between the two is like this... I went from analog where I had set bass, mid-range, and treble adjustments to a digital arrangement that allows me to fluidly adjust 22 different tones as well as the volume. I can even listen to bluetooth and when I wear my microphone adapter, I skip the speaker. Literally. I hear the music straight from the laptop or cell phone's sound processor. I can hear birds singing and the wind rustling the leaves. Paws clicking across the floor and clocks ticking. Had to resist ripping the batteries outta the clocks.
I agree that Bon Scott had the voice for Hard Rock. And yes Axel has a good voice but I'm worried about him causing friction with the band and I'm not sold about him changing his ways. Now when I listen to AC/DC I can tell if its Bon or Brian cuz Brian's got a Little Richard sound to his voice where Bons voice is richer and smoother. If we could find another Arnel Pineda..
User avatar
muttdoggy
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 16Jan13 06:38
sex: Masculine

Re: Music

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 16May22 19:23

muttdoggy wrote:
PinkVendeta wrote:Wow great information, thanks for sharing, how is it working out for You?, I hope Brian can do all of that and return then.

As said I love AC/DC, but have been reading a lot on the band, and when Bon died, everyone said it would be impossible to replace him, but they did with Brian, and now even as a temp replacement with Axel.

I have heard all the songs that Bon Scott sang and he had an amazing voice, his range could go to the bottom, middle and top easily, Brian being honest does not have a good singing voice at all, but he is loved by AC/DC fans none the less, when Axel was in Guns & Roses his voice was amazing also, maybe not so great now, but anyone is better than no one at all and no AC/DC anymore.


The difference between the two is like this... I went from analog where I had set bass, mid-range, and treble adjustments to a digital arrangement that allows me to fluidly adjust 22 different tones as well as the volume. I can even listen to bluetooth and when I wear my microphone adapter, I skip the speaker. Literally. I hear the music straight from the laptop or cell phone's sound processor. I can hear birds singing and the wind rustling the leaves. Paws clicking across the floor and clocks ticking. Had to resist ripping the batteries outta the clocks.
I agree that Bon Scott had the voice for Hard Rock. And yes Axel has a good voice but I'm worried about him causing friction with the band and I'm not sold about him changing his ways. Now when I listen to AC/DC I can tell if its Bon or Brian cuz Brian's got a Little Richard sound to his voice where Bons voice is richer and smoother. If we could find another Arnel Pineda..


Well if that is how it is, then wow, I hope Brian goes for it and eventually gets back on stage with AC/DC, as he is badly missed.

Axel, laughs out loud, will he ever change his ways?, I dont think so, although he was not the only one to blame for the split in Guns & Roses, in reality Smash from all accounts became a bit of a prima donna in reality, and let playing his solos with other famous people go to his head, and some said he was saying he was the best on guitar in the world ever, he is good, but he is FAR behind some of the legends who never ever once said they were the best.

Time will tell for Axel, he needs to lose a bit of weight though, and sort out his voice for the high notes, bit of voice training I guess as he is just out of practice I assume.
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
User avatar
PinkVendeta
star of the reef
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri, 16May20 19:42
sex: Female

Previous

Return to The beach

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

eXTReMe Tracker