A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: Avatar stories - how I got mine

Postby Newdood » Sat, 09Dec12 14:52

Mine seemed a little obvious when I started scanning through the library of possibilities.

I love sailing, but beyond that, I'm a little older, a little slower, but (in my humble opinion) rock-solid reliable.

I know a little about LRM's, Cloe's and Raelee's avatars from other threads, but there are a bunch of others that are interesting (Arnulf, qbv8, luke...) enough that I'd like to know more.

There are also a couple - especially inthecrackrules and Dyonisis (look closely - I missed it at first!) that crack me up (or hypnotize me!) every time I see 'em.

Perhaps most relevantly, I know there are many I haven't yet seen, many that haven't yet been selected, and perhaps many that would be MORE interesting if we knew the story.

Love to hear those stories!
When it comes to binary, there are 10 kinds of people - those who get and those who don't!
Newdood
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby DiTo » Sun, 09Dec13 16:13

How I got my avatar, hmm quite simple actually: One day I bought me a studio in Second Life and I did a self shoot, these are some of the results
I'm sorry it wasn't something more exciting.
DiTo
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby Cloé » Sun, 09Dec13 23:00

very nice !!!
Cloé
legend of the South Seas

Postby Squeeky » Mon, 09Dec14 07:22

Mine?

Well, I thought that if everyone needs something to identify them then I needed something relevant to my screen name, and I wanted something animated. Clearly I wasn't going to locate something suitable so I made a GIF based on the letters S and Q.

It's amateurish but it serves the purpose.
Squeaky is clean, I'm just a tad messy!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby 60nowise » Mon, 09Dec14 13:17

i like to take pictures and i'm always looking for nice and interesting subjects [img]images/icones/icon8.gif[/img] . Master shark's new great game made me to change my avatar [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
60nowise
star of the reef

Postby luke » Mon, 09Dec14 21:27

Firstly, i searched a fun avatar for Luke Skywalker (see explanations in the thread 'how do you get your screenname'). As i didn't find it in the forum's gallery, i choose the darth vador penguin. Until somebody else choose the same, which disturbed me a little when i was searching my posts...
So i created my own avatar. As i really love music, i made one with covers of my favourite album of the moment. That signify that it can change (i did it already once)
Que la Force de Shark soit avec toi / May the Shark Force be with you
luke

Postby 60nowise » Thu, 09Dec17 15:22

@ luke: see, what you have started! I changed - inspired by sharks new game - my avatar. Now, inspired by your avatar, i changed it again [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
60nowise
star of the reef

Postby luke » Thu, 09Dec17 21:04

@60 [img]kator/smiley20.gif[/img]
Que la Force de Shark soit avec toi / May the Shark Force be with you
luke

Postby Sexychild68 » Sun, 10Jan17 05:00

those are some nice shots DiTo...
Sexychild68
legend of the South Seas

Postby Squeeky » Wed, 10Jan27 13:12

He! He! Just looking at one of my prior posts and the citation: "Star of the reef" and comparing it with my avatar!

Just thinking, a big wave and I'd be a drowned rat!

But imagine being able to nibble on a mermaids toes, er , those lower fins, would that excite them? Cloe, Raelee, nibble your toes? No biting, just sensuous nibble!

And DiTo? She seems to be training "rats" most days!
[In all seriousness - Trust that your rehab work does have some long lasting influence.]
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby DiTo » Thu, 10Jan28 02:37

@ Squeeky: hehe, I hope it does have a bit of influence (otherwise I have to search for a job as a photographer... (but not in prison))
DiTo
legend of the South Seas

Postby Squeeky » Thu, 10Jan28 17:15

DiTo wrote : @ Squeeky: hehe, I hope it does have a bit of influence (otherwise I have to search for a job as a photographer... (but not in prison))

Yeah. I had some marvellous reward with some of my students (a lefthander, broke her arm on vacation .. "Mr. Sq, can't write!" (9 y.o or was she 10?)

"Hey I an write upside-down" and I wrote something readable to her but upside down to me, "..and I can write with my left hand [opposite to heru] and I wrote something a bit wobbly but readable. I assured her she could try with right, would be slow, might be a bit messy but I wouldn't mind.

After about 3 days she was reasonably tidy with her right hand. Plaster came off about 6 weeks later and she was writing as well at that stage with her right as her left. She reverted to her left, but a few weeks later (or was it months) she said she could still write with her right hand [and it was as good as then].

Wonder how her writing skills are these days? Last I saw of her she was in her 3rd or 4th year of studying to be a General Practitioner.
-------------------------
DiTo, if you needed, might you not get some lovely flesh art, as a photographer, from some of your 'clients'? Surely some have great stuff not suitable for public display! [img]images/icones/icon9.gif[/img]
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Postby DiTo » Thu, 10Jan28 18:35

Naaahhh, all wrong gender dear!
DiTo
legend of the South Seas

Postby Greebo » Thu, 10Jan28 18:52

Squeeky wrote :
Wonder how her writing skills are these days? Last I saw of her she was in her 3rd or 4th year of studying to be a General Practitioner.

Wouldn't she have to practice making her writing illegible if she's going to be a GP? [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby Squeeky » Fri, 10Jan29 03:05

Greebo wrote :

Wouldn't she have to practice making her writing illegible if she's going to be a GP? [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img]

Practise to make her writing illegible? Practise medicine rather than the art of scrïpt I'd say [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

Probably wouldn't of little concern to her these days if she is in a clinic similar to my GP, they print the prescrïptions via computer!
Squeeky
Spirit of the oceans

Next

Return to The beach