General Chat

A quiet place at the lagoon side for speaking about all and nothing (the financial crisis, sex, your country, sex, hobbies, or...sex)

Re: General Chat

Postby Joe.Pizza » Sun, 18Feb04 06:46

PinkVendeta wrote:They slammed the Will Smith Netflix movie Bright, and I loved it, it was great, it could have done without Wills MIB one liners sometimes and could have used more contex to the story, but other than that it was great.

"Bright" was interesting. The first part laying the groundwork on how the Orcs were disdained by the humans and the distrust of Orc cops reminded of TV shows in the 60s and 70s where black cops treated badly by the force and thought as 'Uncle Toms' by their community. I felt like I was having flashbacks of watching shows from my childhood.

I agree with more context to the story. My wife and I were sometimes lost in the story. Once the main storyline developed, it was rather enjoyable. Wife and I both agreed that the volume of 'colorful metaphors' was gratuitous and didn't lend much to the story. A little is fine; too much becomes white noise.

All in all, it was decent story and I would like seeing the sequels.

--JP
Joe.Pizza
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby PinkVendeta » Wed, 18Feb07 12:46

Joe.Pizza wrote:
PinkVendeta wrote:They slammed the Will Smith Netflix movie Bright, and I loved it, it was great, it could have done without Wills MIB one liners sometimes and could have used more contex to the story, but other than that it was great.

"Bright" was interesting. The first part laying the groundwork on how the Orcs were disdained by the humans and the distrust of Orc cops reminded of TV shows in the 60s and 70s where black cops treated badly by the force and thought as 'Uncle Toms' by their community. I felt like I was having flashbacks of watching shows from my childhood.

I agree with more context to the story. My wife and I were sometimes lost in the story. Once the main storyline developed, it was rather enjoyable. Wife and I both agreed that the volume of 'colorful metaphors' was gratuitous and didn't lend much to the story. A little is fine; too much becomes white noise.

All in all, it was decent story and I would like seeing the sequels.

--JP

Agreed, the Orc leaders made a choice 2000 years ago to follow the dark lord and lost the war and thus Humans have hated the Orcs since and they live in poverty pretty much, some humans live in poverty also while the Elves live in luxury, Orcs hate the cops and then You have that one Orc who is a cop and is hated by his own also.

So it made for a good movie, cannot wait for parts 2 and 3 or even a TV series.
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
star of the reef

sex: Female

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 18Feb11 23:29

Just watched that Tom Cruise movie The Mummy, it was another movie slammed by the critics, so I assume there wont be a part 2 to it now :(

I thought it was pretty good.

Hannah
PinkVendeta
star of the reef

Postby Greebo » Mon, 18Feb12 19:14

So you reckon it might have been cursed with a final "wrap"? [img]kator/smiley130.gif[/img]
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

sex: Masculine

Postby PinkVendeta » Tue, 18Feb13 09:06

Greebo wrote:So you reckon it might have been cursed with a final "wrap"? [img]kator/smiley130.gif[/img]

That gave me a mild giggle :lol:

Hannah
PinkVendeta
star of the reef

Previous

Return to The beach