Leisure Suit Larry - Yes seriously!

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Leisure Suit Larry - Yes seriously!

Postby kessie8dn » Sun, 18Dec02 16:47

Yes he's back!

For those of you old enough to remember, quite possibly the game that started this whole genre and which occupied workers at most of the world's financial institutions in the 1980s. The lounge-suited lothario has returned in another adventure "Wet Dreams Don't Dry".

I haven't played much so far, but it feels like a genuine attempt to follow-on from the original, ignoring those awful apologist follow-ups where they tried to be more "politically correct".

Officially available from the Steam store (so hopefully the link below will be allowed by Shark). I will warn you - It ain't cheap - Although I'm sure many of you are capable of achieving a discount *ahem*

Enjoy!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/765870/Leisure_Suit_Larry__Wet_Dreams_Dont_Dry/

kessie8dn
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Re: Leisure Suit Larry - Yes seriously!

Postby shark » Mon, 18Dec03 00:04

Wow! This is the most amazing news of this end of the year!!!
shark
Site Admin

Postby MaxCarna » Mon, 18Dec03 03:16

That's great!

It has the tags nudity and sexual content, did they put something explicit this time?

I believe that these games inspired a lot of creators on our time.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby PinkVendeta » Mon, 18Dec03 15:31

:lol: Im sure we can find a non profit version of it somewhere :D

Is it even worth playing?
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

sex: Female

Postby ArianeB » Mon, 18Dec03 19:43

Date Ariane was at least partly inspired by Leisure Suit Larry games, with Magna Cum Laude in particular. Their strict copy protection made it impossible to play on anything but Windows XP with a CD player, but lo and behold, the game is now available on Steam! Yay, I can play an old favorite again!

ETA: Steam version does not work either. :(
ArianeB
great white shark

sex: Female

Postby JFR » Mon, 18Dec03 21:23

I found a copy that sort of worked. Kind of.

It is in Unity and is so slow and unresponsive that I gave up after only a few minutes. They seem to have some decent voice acting but when the mouse pointer lags so far behind my input that it is hard to hit hot spots, it is time to move on to something else.

Or maybe I just dislike Unity. Which is also true. :(
JFR
star of the reef

Postby Greyelf » Mon, 18Dec03 23:09

JFR wrote:It is in Unity and is so slow and unresponsive

Unity isn't the most lightweight or resource friendly 2D/3D engine around, I wonder how much time the game's developer(s) have spent optimising their code.
Greyelf
star of the reef

Postby MaxCarna » Tue, 18Dec04 01:55

They added all the old games on the Steam last year, certainly to promote the new game.

But is very hard to play old games on new monitors. With so few pixels, we would need to play it on a very little screen, or let each pixel with the size of an dekstop icon.

Online emulators sometimes help: https://classicreload.com/search?search ... text=larry

Those games definitely deserve a remastered version.
MaxCarna
star of the reef

Postby Rikwar » Tue, 18Dec04 12:37

Hi guys
You can get all of Leisure Larry games from *(GOG.com) 'Good Old Games' as well as many other older games !
For Windows (7, 8, 10), Mac OS X (10.11+)(Linux)
Payments can be made via most credit cards or paypal ,
The games once purchased can be downloaded as a .exe requires no CD and is yours to keep.

I personally bought games from them all worked very well, you can also get support if needed !
The last one I bought was https://www.gog.com/game/leisure_suit_l ... e_for_sail for $7.**

The Latest Larry is a more expensive game, and from the comments left on the website the game is much more PC less nudity, tamer language.
https://www.gog.com/game/leisure_suit_l ... s_dont_dry

Hope that this is helpful to you guys and gals ;)
Last edited by Rikwar on Wed, 18Dec05 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it
Rikwar
Great Master of corals

Postby ttant » Tue, 18Dec04 19:01

Played it and loved it.
Only regrets, it seems there is no easter eggs like the ones in the LSL 6 or 7.

This game allow long term fan to forget about crappy last versions (magna cum load & box office) and give something new (in opposite of lsl reload which was a remake of the first one).
Furthermore the intro of the game matches somehow how the LSL 7 ends.

I also agree:
* a remake of Lsl 2 & 3 are most welcomed.
* using abandonware ite, you might found lsl 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 7. But you might need dosbox or a virtual pc with really old ms-dos or window (3.1 or even before) version to play them as-is
* for LSL magna cum load & box office, i don't think they're allowed in abandonware forums, and the anti-piracy protection might be another problem to solve
ttant
star of the reef

Postby LRM » Wed, 18Dec05 07:10

What am I bid for a 286 8/12 that has never had windows? Dos3.1 I think,
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby Greebo » Wed, 18Dec05 14:37

LRM wrote:What am I bid for a 286 8/12 that has never had windows? Dos3.1 I think,

I had one of those back in '89, although mine was 16MHz with a 20Mhz turbo mode. I used to avoid MSDos like the plague and used DRDos and IBM's own Dos version, along with Quarterdeck's QUEMM to maximise the amount of useable memory out of the hard-soldered 1MB of Ram chips and I also added an Arithmetic chip at hideous extra expense. My son all but cut his teeth on that machine, starting with "Amy's First Primer" and "Ernie's Big Splash" (a Sesame Street game). I'm afraid I got ruthless at one point and donated that old tower PC to the local tip/recycling centre, but we still have a Nascom II, a Video Genie (a TRS80 clone) and an Enterprise 128 with external disk drive up in the attic.

My son's moved on somewhat, getting a first class honours degree in Software Engineering and a PhD in Developmental Robotics. I suspect he has played more than his fair share of Leisure Suit Larry stuff along with an excessive amount of first person shoot'em-ups
“Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets.”
― Neil Gaiman
Greebo
Great Master of corals

Postby kessie8dn » Fri, 18Dec07 13:50

Dammit.. Some of you guys must be almost as old as I am :lol:
kessie8dn
lagoon predator

Postby saylor » Sat, 18Dec08 02:32

I remember when I bought my first PC... I splurged on the biggest hard drive they had in stock. The tech swore there was no way I'd ever use up that entire 40MB hard drive. :lol:
saylor
great white shark

Postby Greyelf » Sat, 18Dec08 21:20

saylor wrote:I remember when I bought my first PC... I splurged on the biggest hard drive they had in stock. The tech swore there was no way I'd ever use up that entire 40MB hard drive. :lol:

What is this 'hard drive' you speak of?

My first machine had a cassette player built in to it (Dick Smith System 80), and my second machine had two 5 1/4 floppy drives (TRS-80 Model 4).
Greyelf
star of the reef

Next

Return to Other sexy games