Darkness Falls Ep4 released to patrons

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Darkness Falls Ep4 released to patrons

Postby tlaero » Sun, 18Apr15 18:20

If you enjoyed Mortze's and my "Elsa-verse" games (Dreaming with Elsa, Redemption for Jessika, Finding Miranda, and Saving Chloe) then you should check out our new endeavor: Darkness Falls.

We envisioned this as kind of an episodic TV show (The X-files meets CSI in the Elsa-verse). It follows some new characters and, over time, will cross paths with old ones from the other games.

This is an experiment in storytelling for us, and is a chance for us to break out of our mold a bit. Darkness Falls will have a bit of a ... well ... darker theme than the other games and will have less hardcore sex than is typical for us. For this reason, we're creating a more typically erotic game in parallel called Coming to Grips with Christine. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4180#p110888
I drew inspiration from Arnold Schwarzenegger's movies in the 90s where he would alternate between experimental movies like Twins or Kindergarten Cop and traditional action films like Running Man and Eraser.

For people who tried CtGwC and didn't think the first episode worked, please give this a try. Darkness Falls is more naturally episodic than Christine's game is.

As with the Christine game, the first two episodes of DF are free. The rest are only available to patrons until we finish the story and release it all together as a single game. You can learn more on https://www.patreon.com/tora

So without further ado, here's the link to Darkness Falls. http://www.mediafire.com/file/o3aets8wu5t5bmc/DF.zip
I hope you like it.

Tlaero
Last edited by tlaero on Sat, 18Oct13 18:04, edited 3 times in total.
tlaero
Lady Tlaero, games and coding expert

sex: Female

Re: Darkness Falls Ep1 public release

Postby Crane » Mon, 18Apr16 19:16

Hi Tlaero,

Played the Darkness Falls Ep1 and you`re right. It is much better. The game structure is episodic so it makes sense. I really enjoyed playing it and looking forward for Ep2,
Very nice work Tlaero and great renders Mortze. The story is very intriguing and Michelle is HOT!
Great job guys! You never disappoint!
Crane
lagoon predator

sex: Masculine

Postby tlaero » Sat, 18Apr21 19:43

I just uploaded a French translation by Marco to the original link as well as Newgrounds. This joins the Spanish version by Moskys, which was already up.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby PinkVendeta » Sun, 18Apr22 00:08

Very fast download from the link 18 seconds.
I Am Not speaking From Experience - I Just Have A Vivid Imagination

Hannah
PinkVendeta
legend of the South Seas

Postby Guntag » Sun, 18Apr22 16:22

I really enjoyed Darkness Falls. I think it will be a bit darker than your previous games (but I'm maybe wrong) and I find it very interesting.

Thanks for sharing this game and looking forward to playing episode 2 !
Guntag
lagoon predator

Postby tlaero » Sun, 18Apr22 20:59

Thanks Guntag. I'm glad you liked it. I got a smile out of this:

Guntag wrote:I think it will be a bit darker than your previous games

It's in the name! (-:

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby Sarchx » Tue, 18Apr24 18:26

I think, I need a bit more content, before making my mind up on this.

It has the high quality writing and graphics that we've grown accustomed to, from you two - but we've only had a brief introduction to the characters and the first case.
I like the setting though, and I can see there is a lot of potential for that setting and your "twisted minds" [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

Looking forward for episode 2.
Sarchx
Sarchx
lagoon predator

Postby jipp » Wed, 18Apr25 00:21

I saw mentioned on your Patreon page how you've been a bit disappointed about the lack of feedback. At least in my case, I'm used to finding discussions of Tora games on the "free games" forum.. heck I don't think I've ever even glanced at "other sexy games" until your Patreon update made me realize there must be a thread about Darkness Falls somewhere here. [img]images/icones/icon16.gif[/img]
jipp
great white shark

Postby LRM » Wed, 18Apr25 05:49

I'll take a swing at answering that one...
Back when the word patreon was banned her Ladyships contributions and longevity won her a free pass from Shark...
Now that almost everyone is on the same footing her posts are where they always belonged.
She is among my top ten residents, I think Shark's to.
She could easily be the most helpful in the entire lagoon.
Thank you Milady.
Lou
You too Mortze.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby BloodyMares » Wed, 18Apr25 10:10

Agreed with the earlier comment, I was expecting a thread in the "Free Games" section and totally overlooked the release of this one.
Can't say much about it. Played it and enjoyed it, very interesting so far. The new partner is a tease. That forensics chick creeps me out though, what a weirdo. I wonder what's up with her but I have a theory.
BloodyMares
great white shark

Postby ShadyGroves » Wed, 18Apr25 13:19

Well I know I said I wouldn't play Darkness Falls being a fan of the original four. But I was too tempted to see what Mortze and Tlaero came up with in a new story so downloaded and played it last night.

To my pleasant surprise its a bit of continuation of the four and seems to be focusing in on the minor characters of previous games. Plus the new characters are indeed intriguing. They are most assuredly a lot more how can I say 'gritty' then the previous characters and yes the game has a lot more darkness to it.

Are you guys using new rendering software? Because I notice a lot better skin tone and quality then the previous games.

So the story is set as starting one day following the Food Court stand off in Finding Miranda and thus before the bombing incident. So I think we will be seeing the other characters from the previous games. After all our new detectives will be investigating it all.

Its going to be interesting to see how Miranda, Jess, Elsa and Chloe explain to the cops on how Morland and Crow just 'disappeared' along with Xara. :P Maybe we'll find out some day after the 30 other unsolved cases in the file.

Is it just me or were there some 'sparks' between Sylvia and Michelle? Sylvia was practically blushing as they shook hands.

Jannike is interesting. There seems to be something 'unearthly' about her or she has some sort of power. Portal residue? :) Who else do we know that had 'social interaction problems? But wanted the bad guy caught too? ;)

Something tells me that Charles was also responsible for Michelle's partners death.

All and all for the first episode I give the following

A + for the Graphics. They do seem a lot better.
A for Character dialogue and dialogue choices.
Character likability.
Michelle is very likable.
Blake though comes across as a leach a bit of a dirty old man. Fantasizing about your partners breasts and ass before you even met? Come on. Looks like Blake is begging for a Sexual Harassment Suit in the Elsa verse! LOL At least Jason, Marc, Lucas and Paul had some manners and waited a bit. Not Blake. Lol
Story A+ It grabs your interest from the first opening.

All this of course based on this Short Episode One. Can't make a final say until I've seen the rest.

Will be looking forward to Episode 2.

Also downloaded the Short text story “ Inseparable “ Very Good! Love how your new stories tie into main story and new characters are branches of the main.
"In the hands of the right man, a woman is a hundred different women, limited only by imagination and his willingness to make her feel safe and lead her." -- Chrissy Miller
ShadyGroves
great white shark

Postby tlaero » Thu, 18Apr26 04:04

Regarding the name "Michelle Won" (Shady asked in a different thread, but I'm replying here). The original idea of doing a game about two detectives was Mortze's, and he sent me the picture that you see after the credits in Saving Chloe to entice me to agree to make a game with those characters. We discussed it back and forth for a while and, at some point, I realized it could take place in the Elsa-verse. That really got me interested, since there's so much room there to tell an X-files meets CSI story there. I let Mortze name the male detective, but I wanted to name the female. Mortze wasn't crazy about the name "Michelle" at the start, but I bent him to my will. I already had a scene that you'll see in Ep2 in my head at that point, and her name was necessary for that scene. Plus, I like the name. For "Won" I wanted her to be Chinese, so I did a search on Chinese Surnames and stared at them until I found a combination with "Michelle" that I liked.

Tlaero
tlaero

Postby JFR » Thu, 18Apr26 07:57

tlaero wrote:... I did a search on Chinese Surnames and stared at them until I found a combination with "Michelle" that I liked.

And Yeoh was already taken. :roi:
JFR
star of the reef

Postby pot » Fri, 18Apr27 02:53

There isn't too much to say about this game since it is still early on other than its consistent with your other games in terms of quality which is always nice to see.

Something that i'm curious about is how the point system works. Obviously there are good responses and bad responses
and a chance that you fail the interrogation
but since this is an episodic game, I am wondering how this will affect the game later on. Is there a game over or do you just get a bad ending?

Also something that I would like to see in future episodes is this. Since this game is going for a cop show vibe and each episode is 2 months apart, it would be nice to have a 'previously on' screen at the start of each episode to go through what happened during the last episode and what choices you made. Kind of like how Telltale does it with their games so that we don't need to replay the game every time an update comes out. (also up the sexual content please [img]images/icones/icon15.gif[/img] )
pot
sirens hunter

Postby tlaero » Fri, 18Apr27 03:47

There are not "good" responses and "bad" responses. The responses will dictate how you and Michelle treat each other, but all three are valid ways for a cop to act. Similar to with Saving Chloe, the places where you have a choice between saying 3 different things, are for "roleplaying." You should choose the responses to match the way you want to see Blake and Won interact. In SC I tracked your responses, but didn't do much of anything with that information. I'm using it more here, but it can be subtle.

The actual points are awarded based on Blake's detective skills, not his communication style.

Tlaero
tlaero

Next

Return to Other sexy games