Anna (by Mr Stomper on Vdategames)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Anna (by Mr Stomper on Vdategames)

Postby nacho666 » Thu, 16Sep29 09:34

Ing wrote:
muttdoggy wrote:
FedoraMan wrote:Any indication of how many points are possible at each checkpoint, or what point total is needed to get to certain stages? It's nice being able to play again from checkpoints, but as it stands I don't know how many times I need to keep trying to get a higher score on the earlier checkpoints in order to have enough points at the end.

I checked the forum over at chaotic's site. Here's what I found...
The only thing to be concerned about is the INF/Lust score at the end of the date when returning to her apartment. I'm seeing the INF should be at least 560+ and the lust should be 260+. The goal should be getting invited inside her apartment. There's several scenes available. The best route I've seen is to choose normal difficulty.
Aim for 250 INF points for helping her with boxes then invite her to your apartment for a drink. Make her comfy, give her beer, touch her knee, leg, other leg, shoulder, then grab her leg to wake her up. You automatically get a dildo :D . Tell her you you want to date her without moving boxes. Kiss her on the cheek before she leaves. Get her a drink as a gift.
Take her to to the restaurant. Choose to drink wine then pick 1 for appetizer and 2 for dinner. Ask about favorite place, tell her you prefer city and why does she like nature? Ask about her job, ask why not, and tell you'll help her with oral skills. :crazy: Tell her you'll go to the club but first let's go to the movies. Choose Horror. Middle of movie, put your arm around her (use tab to find spots), sneak a peek, then kiss her. Tell her you enjoyed the movie.
At the club, keep your eyes on Anna. Order wine. Pick the right conversation options (may need to reload checkpoint) to reveal that she likes girls (raises lust). Dance with her, get closer, grab her waist, kiss her, keep kissing her, turn her around, kiss her neck (easy to miss), grab her breast, pull her in, squeeze nipple (use tab to find it), etc. When leaving club, give the waitress a nice tip and suggest going to the park.
At the park, sit on the bench, admire her, kiss her, kiss her neck, and say she is beautiful in the light. Offer to take pictures with her cell. Choose tits or ass and act like a caring photographer. The last photo has an area you can zoom on. After that photo, state that you're done. She will respond that she needs to go home. Ask about sex in nature and go to her apartment. Say you'd like to go inside and ask to drink to her new apartment. Ask about music, look into her eyes, kiss her, touch her leg, kiss her neck, kiss her again, and the rest is for you to find out! This scene is worth repeating the checkpoint over and over. [img]smile/eek.gif[/img]


I played the game and liked it, reminds me of older vdg games, which honestly gave me a playing experience I liked more. Graphics are also at that level and certainly not up to par to the latest games, but still very enjoyable for me.
There are a few things I found annoying about the gameplay though:
Getting influence and lust up were really not difficult tasks, although you had to try different routes and see what worked better, all in all it was manageable and funny.
This up to the end of the game where there is really no way to finish it unless you know the right tricks to get there.
The story doesn't give you any clue about where you messed up (and I can say you can get there and not be able to finish the game without messing up at all).
What makes the difference are very small details, choices you made a lot earlier in the game which are the right ones without any good reason.
To find out I first of all had to read the code of the game and see what was required to get through the final scene.
I found out the real key variable is neither influence nor lust, it's having Anna stone drunk at the end.
So, not wanting to spoil myself even more I tried every path many times to find out the way to get her as much drunk as possible during the date, finding out it was impossible to achieve that result too.
So, my next guess was I had to replace my good gift (one of those giving you influence) with an alchoolic gift and drink that when we were back at her apartment. But, again, after following through this whole path, I found out we wouldn't be able to drink because we were still looking for wine and unable to simply remember there was the gift we could drink.
After even more reverse engineering (cause I didn't find a walkthrough around) I found out that it was not possible to drink at that stage but you could drink just when you were entering her apartment but only if she was drunk, but not too much drunk, and if you bought the very exact required bottle as a gift. Any other bottle and you can't finish the game.
All of this at normal difficulty level (btw, there were no hints about the difference in the difficulty levels in the game, something you would expect to make a good choice).
So I ended up being annoyed, realizing I couldn't finish it without cheating by looking for a good walkthrough or inspecting the code, or trying every possible combinations for hours and hours (and that would be very boring). Would you think you had to buy the right bottle to finish the game and try each and everyone? I wouldn't, it's not funny repeating the same thing over and over and checkpoints don't help you at all

Mr. Stomper has said this in the blog:

"For those who were wandering, I will try to make and post a walkthrough by the end of the week."

So, maybe to the sunday.
Oigo voces y no les gustas...

Sorry for my bad English, my level is basic.
User avatar
nacho666
great white shark
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed, 11Jun08 10:40
Location: Madrid, España.
sex: Masculine

Re: Anna (by Mr Stomper on Vdategames)

Postby Ing » Thu, 16Sep29 18:04

nacho666 wrote:Mr. Stomper has said this in the blog:

"For those who were wandering, I will try to make and post a walkthrough by the end of the week."

So, maybe to the sunday.


No worries, I got to the end.
What bothers me though, is you need a walkthrough to be able to finish the game (or finnish? like he says in the game :crazy:)
For example when you ask her to remove her clothes she may say something like "I'm not drunk enough for that" and you'd know what you are missing, rather than having to skip through the code.
And since the "drunk" variable is so strange, it would make sense to expose that as well other than influence and lust.
On top on that, when you are back home you may always get the "let's drink to it option" but if you didn't get her a drink has gift you get a message like "too bad I have nothing to drink" and if you bought the wrong spirit it may do something to let you understand it's the wrong one (although it seems to me it's lame you have to buy the right color, unless somewhere during the adventure she lets you know she only drinks green liquor for example or that she loves mint liquors or something like that and then when you try to have her drunk at her home, if she hasn't the right bottle she says something like "I'm in a minty mood, too bad, we'll drink another time").
Ing
Pilot fish
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 16Sep29 06:00
sex: Masculine

Re: Anna (by Mr Stomper on Vdategames)

Postby bing6541 » Fri, 16Sep30 16:55

I agree that the "random" elements make this game frustrating. That includes learning of a mistake after the fact (green liquor) rather than getting a clue beforehand. Even when you can select your choice of liquor before picking her up for the date, your influence is the same no matter which one you pick (but getting her a white flower or jade figurine raises your influence by 30). I don't mind that what you can achieve later in the game is determined not only by your influence and lust scores, but also by your choices earlier in the game. I just wish you had a clue regarding those choices earlier on rather than at the very end, or not at all.

Also, some of the hotspots on the image are very small. I was only able to find some of them by playing in Chrome and using the tab key to highlight all of them. Especially one very microscopic one when you are dancing.
bing6541
great white shark
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu, 13Nov21 21:08
sex: Masculine

Re: Anna (by Mr Stomper on Vdategames)

Postby kessie8dn » Sat, 16Oct01 11:32

I just went to check this game out and found it's on the pay site!
From all that I've read here this appears to be Mr Stomper's early attempts at a game and isn't yet the finely polished gem of, for example, one of Shark's or Chaotic's games.
Talk about cheeky..
Can anyone confirm whether this is the finished article or are we being asked to pay to be beta testers?
User avatar
kessie8dn
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon, 15Oct05 13:14
sex: Masculine

Re: Anna (by Mr Stomper on Vdategames)

Postby muttdoggy » Sat, 16Oct01 23:30

kessie8dn wrote:I just went to check this game out and found it's on the pay site!
From all that I've read here this appears to be Mr Stomper's early attempts at a game and isn't yet the finely polished gem of, for example, one of Shark's or Chaotic's games.
Talk about cheeky..
Can anyone confirm whether this is the finished article or are we being asked to pay to be beta testers?

The game is completed. You can play the demo on Chaotic's site at "vdategames". And yes, this is Mr Stomper's first game for vdategames. There's a link to a blog on the front page. Head over there and spend some time reading the blog. You'll see how a lot of people think of the game and you'll be able to see if it's the right one for you.
Chaotic doesn't have that type of system where you pay to be a tester. He charges a monthly fee for access to his member's site which includes all of the games. Generally speaking, for each "pay" game he's produced, he's also either created a free game or made a "pay" game available to the public.
User avatar
muttdoggy
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed, 16Jan13 06:38
sex: Masculine

Re: Anna (by Mr Stomper on Vdategames)

Postby kessie8dn » Sun, 16Oct02 19:41

muttdoggy wrote:Chaotic doesn't have that type of system where you pay to be a tester. He charges a monthly fee for access to his member's site which includes all of the games. Generally speaking, for each "pay" game he's produced, he's also either created a free game or made a "pay" game available to the public.

I don't think he does.. He seems to do a shortened "taster" version for the free site (when he does them at all).

From what I can see a lot of the games on Chaotic's pay site have been there quite a long time - unlike Shark, who only ever has his two most recent games and automatically releases the oldest to the free site as soon as he releases a new one.

I also found Mr Stomper's game is only available on Chaotic's paid site. I understood this was Mr Stomper's first ever game. From the comments on this board it seems that way, but you say it's his first "for Vdategames". Does this mean Mr Stomper has other games? If so, where can they be found?
User avatar
kessie8dn
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon, 15Oct05 13:14
sex: Masculine

Re: Anna (by Mr Stomper on Vdategames)

Postby ekin » Sun, 16Oct02 23:10

Ing wrote:
muttdoggy wrote:
FedoraMan wrote:Any indication of how many points are possible at each checkpoint, or what point total is needed to get to certain stages? It's nice being able to play again from checkpoints, but as it stands I don't know how many times I need to keep trying to get a higher score on the earlier checkpoints in order to have enough points at the end.

I checked the forum over at chaotic's site. Here's what I found...
The only thing to be concerned about is the INF/Lust score at the end of the date when returning to her apartment. I'm seeing the INF should be at least 560+ and the lust should be 260+. The goal should be getting invited inside her apartment. There's several scenes available. The best route I've seen is to choose normal difficulty.
Aim for 250 INF points for helping her with boxes then invite her to your apartment for a drink. Make her comfy, give her beer, touch her knee, leg, other leg, shoulder, then grab her leg to wake her up. You automatically get a dildo :D . Tell her you you want to date her without moving boxes. Kiss her on the cheek before she leaves. Get her a drink as a gift.
Take her to to the restaurant. Choose to drink wine then pick 1 for appetizer and 2 for dinner. Ask about favorite place, tell her you prefer city and why does she like nature? Ask about her job, ask why not, and tell you'll help her with oral skills. :crazy: Tell her you'll go to the club but first let's go to the movies. Choose Horror. Middle of movie, put your arm around her (use tab to find spots), sneak a peek, then kiss her. Tell her you enjoyed the movie.
At the club, keep your eyes on Anna. Order wine. Pick the right conversation options (may need to reload checkpoint) to reveal that she likes girls (raises lust). Dance with her, get closer, grab her waist, kiss her, keep kissing her, turn her around, kiss her neck (easy to miss), grab her breast, pull her in, squeeze nipple (use tab to find it), etc. When leaving club, give the waitress a nice tip and suggest going to the park.
At the park, sit on the bench, admire her, kiss her, kiss her neck, and say she is beautiful in the light. Offer to take pictures with her cell. Choose tits or ass and act like a caring photographer. The last photo has an area you can zoom on. After that photo, state that you're done. She will respond that she needs to go home. Ask about sex in nature and go to her apartment. Say you'd like to go inside and ask to drink to her new apartment. Ask about music, look into her eyes, kiss her, touch her leg, kiss her neck, kiss her again, and the rest is for you to find out! This scene is worth repeating the checkpoint over and over. [img]smile/eek.gif[/img]


I played the game and liked it, reminds me of older vdg games, which honestly gave me a playing experience I liked more. Graphics are also at that level and certainly not up to par to the latest games, but still very enjoyable for me.
There are a few things I found annoying about the gameplay though:
Getting influence and lust up were really not difficult tasks, although you had to try different routes and see what worked better, all in all it was manageable and funny.
This up to the end of the game where there is really no way to finish it unless you know the right tricks to get there.
The story doesn't give you any clue about where you messed up (and I can say you can get there and not be able to finish the game without messing up at all).
What makes the difference are very small details, choices you made a lot earlier in the game which are the right ones without any good reason.
To find out I first of all had to read the code of the game and see what was required to get through the final scene.
I found out the real key variable is neither influence nor lust, it's having Anna stone drunk at the end.
So, not wanting to spoil myself even more I tried every path many times to find out the way to get her as much drunk as possible during the date, finding out it was impossible to achieve that result too.
So, my next guess was I had to replace my good gift (one of those giving you influence) with an alchoolic gift and drink that when we were back at her apartment. But, again, after following through this whole path, I found out we wouldn't be able to drink because we were still looking for wine and unable to simply remember there was the gift we could drink.
After even more reverse engineering (cause I didn't find a walkthrough around) I found out that it was not possible to drink at that stage but you could drink just when you were entering her apartment but only if she was drunk, but not too much drunk, and if you bought the very exact required bottle as a gift. Any other bottle and you can't finish the game.
All of this at normal difficulty level (btw, there were no hints about the difference in the difficulty levels in the game, something you would expect to make a good choice).
So I ended up being annoyed, realizing I couldn't finish it without cheating by looking for a good walkthrough or inspecting the code, or trying every possible combinations for hours and hours (and that would be very boring). Would you think you had to buy the right bottle to finish the game and try each and everyone? I wouldn't, it's not funny repeating the same thing over and over and checkpoints don't help you at all


How were you able to view the code? I've been unsuccessful in downloading an offline version from the website. It gives me a .rar file that has .zip in the name; that when I try to open says is corrupted. Tried repairing it as a .zip and it will let me extract the gamestart.html and the animation images; but nothing else. I always like the offline version better as it usually handles cookies better.

Cheers for any help.
ekin
Pilot fish
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun, 16May22 23:57
sex: Masculine

Re: Anna (by Mr Stomper on Vdategames)

Postby EscapeEvade » Mon, 16Oct03 01:35

kessie8dn wrote:I don't think he does.. He seems to do a shortened "taster" version for the free site (when he does them at all).

From what I can see a lot of the games on Chaotic's pay site have been there quite a long time - unlike Shark, who only ever has his two most recent games and automatically releases the oldest to the free site as soon as he releases a new one.

I also found Mr Stomper's game is only available on Chaotic's paid site. I understood this was Mr Stomper's first ever game. From the comments on this board it seems that way, but you say it's his first "for Vdategames". Does this mean Mr Stomper has other games? If so, where can they be found?

Chaotic generally does release a previously-paid game within a period of time after he's released a new paid game. That pattern was somewhat upset this year since Betsy was released as a free game even though it's arguably his most complex yet.

Sure, there are several older games still not free, but he's released as "free" formerly paid games that are newer than many still "paid." So, he's giving out his higher-quality games for free.

Additionally, Mr. Stomper and dsp3000 are contributors to Chaotic's site, so if anything, it's making money spent on Chaotic's site go farther. Chaotic simply can't churn out games at a rate of once of month, so you'll often pay for months with no releases. With dsp3000 onboard, Chaotic was getting close to one game per month, and with Mr. Stomper, he may finally reach that. All 3 are working on their own games, so if all 3 can finish a game in a 3-month period, you can get a release per month. That greatly enhances the value you get from a monthly payment to Chaotic, which has not changed in quite some time (long before dsp became a contributor, I believe).
EscapeEvade
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun, 12Dec23 06:29
sex: Masculine

Re: Anna (by Mr Stomper on Vdategames)

Postby evilgrim » Wed, 16Oct05 15:59

just my luck there is a full walk through on there website and my membership has run out :(
evilgrim
great white shark
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon, 10Sep06 23:00
Location: in a hole

Re: Anna (by Mr Stomper on Vdategames)

Postby bing6541 » Wed, 16Oct05 23:49

evilgrim wrote:just my luck there is a full walk through on there website and my membership has run out :(

Did you download the game? If so, what do you need help with?
bing6541
great white shark
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu, 13Nov21 21:08
sex: Masculine

Re: Anna (by Mr Stomper on Vdategames)

Postby Ing » Thu, 16Oct06 04:17

ekin wrote:How were you able to view the code? I've been unsuccessful in downloading an offline version from the website. It gives me a .rar file that has .zip in the name; that when I try to open says is corrupted. Tried repairing it as a .zip and it will let me extract the gamestart.html and the animation images; but nothing else. I always like the offline version better as it usually handles cookies better.

Cheers for any help.


I downloaded the game like all the other ones, didn't have any trouble, not sure if there were many download links and I chose the second rather than the first one or something like that.
I think if you try again you may be more lucky.
The game was a zip containing the files, no rar

Edit: tried again right now and there is a single download linking to a zip, I don't see any problem
Ing
Pilot fish
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 16Sep29 06:00
sex: Masculine

Re: Anna (by Mr Stomper on Vdategames)

Postby lucky loser » Thu, 16Oct06 09:37

kessie8dn wrote:I make the Lagoon my first point of call because I want to know whenever Shark's released a new game but also because this board is a great place to find about what else is going on, without having to wade through all those awful sites full of ads, dead links, diverts, popups and who-knows-what. I'd certainly miss this site if Shark decided to stop supporting it. My advice is not to bite the hand that feeds you.



1000% back this comment!!!!! This is my entry point, then I follow to my other favorite sites. Shark is doing a GREAT service, & I'm proud to be a repeat supporter of the Priv-Box for that reason and also because his games friggin' rule!
User avatar
lucky loser
star of the reef
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat, 09Sep05 23:00

Re: Anna (by Mr Stomper on Vdategames)

Postby lucky loser » Thu, 16Oct06 09:47

I've been having problems downloading the full game of Anna AND Academy Part 2. (Part 1 & previous VDG games downloaded fine)

I've been unable to download the entire game- it stops somewhere between 45MB & 125 MB and it is unable to be unzipped.

The error message is:
"Unable to expand 'xxx.zip' into 'Downloads'
(Error 2 - No such file or directory.)"

Do I need to re-up or is this something that others have run into?

If it helps, I'm on a Mac OS 10.10.5 with a dedicated wifi signal. I'm not doing much else while its being downloaded but that doesn't help.

I e-mailed VDG's website but haven't received a response yet. Any ideas?
Last edited by lucky loser on Sun, 16Oct09 00:01, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
lucky loser
star of the reef
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat, 09Sep05 23:00

Re: Anna (by Mr Stomper on Vdategames)

Postby evilgrim » Thu, 16Oct06 11:30

bing6541 wrote:
evilgrim wrote:just my luck there is a full walk through on there website and my membership has run out :(

Did you download the game? If so, what do you need help with?

yeah i need help with the whole of the hardcore endings and the dildo on normal , i followed all advice on there blog but still don't get it
evilgrim
great white shark
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon, 10Sep06 23:00
Location: in a hole

Re: Anna (by Mr Stomper on Vdategames)

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Sat, 16Oct08 19:37

I really liked this game. The length of the game was perfect, the number of choices available was perfect, the checkpoint system for saving was awesome and most of all the girl didn't consist of only a single personality trait. This wasn't just trying to seduce the shy girl, or be cool enough for the party girl or smart enough for the smart girl or anything like that. You had to figure out what made her tick with the clues provided. There was a subtly that you don't often see in this genre of games. I'd like to see more of that, where the clues you get from dialogue are more subtle and the player themselves have to piece them together without the game telling you. I think most of the time game designers get so excited about how smart they are when they designed the character and will have the game blurt out "she's the way she is right now because this thing happened to her". That's when games tend to get overwritten.

I liked the difficulty, especially on hardcore when you had to be careful to keep your score within a certain range. As a game mechanic this makes sense if you're trying to get lucky on the first date. If she likes you too much then she' s going to hold off on having sex with you to build a relationship first. You want her to like you and have enough desire for you to want to sleep with you but not too much where she sees the potential to see something long term in store for the two of you. Your goal is to be a fun distraction, not a long term partner. I'd like to see that more in games as well, where certain ranges of your score give you different endings and ending with the highest possible score is not necessarily the best possible ending.
User avatar
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat, 16Mar12 19:05
sex: Masculine

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

eXTReMe Tracker