Anna (by Mr Stomper on Vdategames)

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: Anna (by Mr Stomper on Vdategames)

Postby bing6541 » Sun, 16Oct09 14:06

TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:I really liked this game. The length of the game was perfect, the number of choices available was perfect, the checkpoint system for saving was awesome and most of all the girl didn't consist of only a single personality trait. This wasn't just trying to seduce the shy girl, or be cool enough for the party girl or smart enough for the smart girl or anything like that. You had to figure out what made her tick with the clues provided. There was a subtly that you don't often see in this genre of games. I'd like to see more of that, where the clues you get from dialogue are more subtle and the player themselves have to piece them together without the game telling you. I think most of the time game designers get so excited about how smart they are when they designed the character and will have the game blurt out "she's the way she is right now because this thing happened to her". That's when games tend to get overwritten.

I liked the difficulty, especially on hardcore when you had to be careful to keep your score within a certain range. As a game mechanic this makes sense if you're trying to get lucky on the first date. If she likes you too much then she' s going to hold off on having sex with you to build a relationship first. You want her to like you and have enough desire for you to want to sleep with you but not too much where she sees the potential to see something long term in store for the two of you. Your goal is to be a fun distraction, not a long term partner. I'd like to see that more in games as well, where certain ranges of your score give you different endings and ending with the highest possible score is not necessarily the best possible ending.

Agree, except some of the subtle hints cannot be solved in one playthrough. Although that guarantees repeatability. It is unrealistic to expect the player to know what choices to make. One example is
you are supposed to by Anna the green spirit before your date if you want to go far physically in her apartment. The clue that you are supposed to by green and not any other color is because Anna drinks the green spirit faster than the other colored spirits if you take her to the bar after helping her move boxes. But she doesn't buy the dildo unless you take her to your apartment after moving boxes. So the logic to the game doesn't make sense. A good game should allow the player the possibility of achieving certain outcomes without relying on random luck or multiple playthroughs to finally figure out that one hint.
bing6541
great white shark

sex: Masculine

Postby TheGreatJoeGargery » Sun, 16Oct09 16:22

bing6541 wrote:
TheGreatJoeGargery wrote:Agree, except some of the subtle hints cannot be solved in one playthrough. Although that guarantees repeatability. It is unrealistic to expect the player to know what choices to make. One example is
you are supposed to by Anna the green spirit before your date if you want to go far physically in her apartment. The clue that you are supposed to by green and not any other color is because Anna drinks the green spirit faster than the other colored spirits if you take her to the bar after helping her move boxes. But she doesn't buy the dildo unless you take her to your apartment after moving boxes. So the logic to the game doesn't make sense. A good game should allow the player the possibility of achieving certain outcomes without relying on random luck or multiple playthroughs to finally figure out that one hint.

I cheated and looked online for the meaning of colors when picking the gift. I managed to narrow it down to two that were calming colors and while the right selection was one of those two colors I ended up picking wrong. I almost went with the hat in the trinket selection due to her love of old movies, but I wanted to get her drunk.
I see what you mean though. Perhaps when you were moving boxes one of them could have been a little bit open and what's inside could have given you a clue (it wouldn't be clickable, but visible to the player if they are paying attention). Something to consider for Mr. Stomper's future games. As a first game though, this was extremely good.
TheGreatJoeGargery
lagoon predator

Postby Chaotic_VDG » Thu, 16Oct13 14:49

Glad to see lots of people are enjoying MrStomper's game.

For those of you who had some trouble downloading it, I think I have have finally worked out what the issue was and upgraded the server accordingly. If you want to try downloading it again, it should hopefully work now.
Chaotic_VDG
great white shark

Postby mrcandyman » Thu, 16Dec08 23:12

I'm sorry if it what I'm about to ask has already been questioned before, but when I download Anna directly from the members section (or any vdate's game), and start to play the game downloaded in my computer, it seems that my character's name isn't saved (idk why). So whenever the name is suposed to appear, it is replaced by "null". Does anybody here know how to fix this? Thx for your attention [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]
mrcandyman
Pilot fish

Postby Hoboy » Fri, 16Dec09 00:12

mrcandyman wrote:I'm sorry if it what I'm about to ask has already been questioned before, but when I download Anna directly from the members section (or any vdate's game), and start to play the game downloaded in my computer, it seems that my character's name isn't saved (idk why). So whenever the name is suposed to appear, it is replaced by "null". Does anybody here know how to fix this? Thx for your attention [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]

Make sure you click the "Use this name" box to the right (so it can set the cookie it uses for this) instead of just hitting continue...
Hoboy
lagoon predator

Postby Marco6661 » Fri, 16Dec09 00:15

mrcandyman wrote:I'm sorry if it what I'm about to ask has already been questioned before, but when I download Anna directly from the members section (or any vdate's game), and start to play the game downloaded in my computer, it seems that my character's name isn't saved (idk why). So whenever the name is suposed to appear, it is replaced by "null". Does anybody here know how to fix this? Thx for your attention [img]images/icones/icon17.gif[/img]

Hi!

Choose your name, valid at right of the shoot box first, "Use this name" and Continue. ;)
Marco6661
star of the reef

Postby mrcandyman » Fri, 16Dec09 00:31

Marco6661 wrote:

Hi!

Choose your name, valid at right of the shoot box first, "Use this name" and Continue. ;)

Hello! Thx for your attention, but I actually always click "Use this name" before continuing. The problem seems to be that the cookies aren't functional or something like that, at least judging by the looks of it. [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
mrcandyman
Pilot fish

Postby mrcandyman » Fri, 16Dec09 00:43

Just an update to my problem: I figured out that the problem is with my Google Chrome, in Edge it worked!

Thx for the help

Stay safe [img]images/icones/icon13.gif[/img]
mrcandyman
Pilot fish

Postby Marco6661 » Fri, 16Dec09 07:29

mrcandyman wrote:Just an update to my problem: I figured out that the problem is with my Google Chrome, in Edge it worked!

Thx for the help

I have always some issue with Chrome when I play VDG game.
I prefer FireFox for this kind of use... [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

Marco
Marco6661
star of the reef

Postby LRM » Fri, 16Dec09 08:28

mrcandyman wrote:Just an update to my problem: I figured out that the problem is with my Google Chrome, in Edge it worked!

Thx for the help

I'm late to the party...
Do you have cookies enabled in Chrome?
I don't, plus I use scriptblock...
Many sites I visit I must enable cookies for that site.
Lou
PS Welcome to the Lagoon.
Got Wood?
LRM

Postby EscapeEvade » Fri, 16Dec30 16:53

Just renewed my membership at Chaotic's site, so I got Anna finally.

Chaotic posted two walkthroughs to his site, one by Mr. Stomper and one by another user. In the restaurant date scene early in the game, both walkthroughs indicate that I should say I prefer the city when Anna says she likes nature, and that I'll get a dialog option that's something like, "With an argument like that, I will do my best to start loving nature." Except... I definitely don't get that option. And I've followed the walkthrough exactly to this point. Apparently, that dialog option is supposed to give +20 INF and +10 Lust as well as unlocking the "Nature" trait for Anna. However, when I reload the checkpoint and choose the dialog option, "I'll try to make it, then" instead of "What is so great about it, anyways?" I do get the +20 INF and +10 Lust, but not the "Nature" trait.

If I do select the "What is so great about it?" choice, Anna ends the date shortly thereafter, but if I do the "I'll try to make it, then" selection, the date continues on as it is supposed to, apparently.

Does anyone else have this issue?
EscapeEvade
lagoon predator

Previous

Return to Other sexy games