LWT 2: Foreign Affairs

These games are not complete and/or can be totally or partially reserved for paying members. Open a thread in this section is reserved for active members, read the rules before submit a game.

Re: LWT 2: Foreign Affairs

Postby iksanabot » Fri, 18Aug03 06:31

vkalvkal wrote:
That's the problem of focusing on different sites/works with a small team. I have extreme doubts about this vision of work. And I'm not into that 3D game at all. I thought the animations and images were actually weird, so I didn't play it. Well, it seems to have received positive feedback, so I'm happy the team got a good return on it.

But I'm skeptical about adding another site here. I already thought 2 sites were a lot (LOP and S&G), now add a 3rd one, and the games that I'm actually looking forward to will take even more time to be released.

Well, at least my favorite artist from the team (stoper) started developing his own game and I'm supporting him.

I hope you're well iksanabot! I wish you all the best and I'm also looking forward to your finished work.

Thanks Vkalvkal, I am well! Quite happy these days!

I realize that sometimes game progress is slow, and that it would be faster if the company were bigger, but there is just not enough money yet to make the company that much bigger. LOP does well, but there is not enough excess profit to hire more people, at this time. Also, S&G and LOP are different sites because they are actually different producers. Leo does not directly produce S&G games, as far as I know. He helps contract out artists to them, and play tests/tweaks those games, but the main producer is kind of like a former apprentice of Leonizer - they work together now sometimes, but have separate sites. At least, that's how I understand it, but there is an ocean between me and Leo's offices. And finally, RealLove3d is not a site, it's a separate, stand alone game that does not require a subscription - just a one time fee. This project was all about developing the technology, and you are right, the feedback was very positive. They will take what they learned from it, and make an even better-looking game next. So yeah, it's a bummer that they had to delay LWT2 expansion production, but in the end the time is probably worth it, as they develop technology to make even more immersive, better-looking, sexier games.

I hope I'm not coming across as adversarial, or aggressive. i don't mean to be. i always appreciate your comments Vkalvkal. My goal here was just to help you understand the way things are at S&G and LOP.

Best regards,
iks

PS I'm drunk on Belgian beer right now :)
iksanabot
star of the reef

sex: Masculine

Postby vkalvkal » Fri, 18Aug03 22:47

iksanabot wrote:Thanks Vkalvkal, I am well! Quite happy these days!

I realize that sometimes game progress is slow, and that it would be faster if the company were bigger, but there is just not enough money yet to make the company that much bigger. LOP does well, but there is not enough excess profit to hire more people, at this time. Also, S&G and LOP are different sites because they are actually different producers. Leo does not directly produce S&G games, as far as I know. He helps contract out artists to them, and play tests/tweaks those games, but the main producer is kind of like a former apprentice of Leonizer - they work together now sometimes, but have separate sites. At least, that's how I understand it, but there is an ocean between me and Leo's offices. And finally, RealLove3d is not a site, it's a separate, stand alone game that does not require a subscription - just a one time fee. This project was all about developing the technology, and you are right, the feedback was very positive. They will take what they learned from it, and make an even better-looking game next. So yeah, it's a bummer that they had to delay LWT2 expansion production, but in the end the time is probably worth it, as they develop technology to make even more immersive, better-looking, sexier games.

I hope I'm not coming across as adversarial, or aggressive. i don't mean to be. i always appreciate your comments Vkalvkal. My goal here was just to help you understand the way things are at S&G and LOP.

Best regards,
iks

PS I'm drunk on Belgian beer right now :)

Glad to hear you are well and don't worry. I wasn't offended by your answer. I actually appreciated that you tried to explain how things work on the sites.

I'm just goint to point out two things that I don't agree with and it doesn't necessarily mean that you are wrong. I know LOP isn't a big company, but if it doesn't make enough money to spend on expanding the team, why spend it on another site/game (Blind Date 3D and now a little game involving Club Velvet Rose 3D that also will probably be paid) which makes the games that are work in progress to take even longer to be finished? I know the answer will be that it was done to develop the technology and to make even better games, but those 3D games aren't even close to what we see on the main LOP site. I'm not sure what was learned from making a 3D game that can be translated into making a better-looking game that can end up in LOPGold. I actually hope they won't focus entirely on 3D games since it isn't my cup of tea.

But I admit that I don't understand shit about technology so I have no idea about what I'm talking about and I actually think that I'm probably wrong here, lol.

PS there're some really good Belgian beers.
vkalvkal
great white shark

Postby iksanabot » Sat, 18Aug04 17:11

vkalvkal wrote:

Glad to hear you are well and don't worry. I wasn't offended by your answer. I actually appreciated that you tried to explain how things work on the sites.

I'm just goint to point out two things that I don't agree with and it doesn't necessarily mean that you are wrong. I know LOP isn't a big company, but if it doesn't make enough money to spend on expanding the team, why spend it on another site/game (Blind Date 3D and now a little game involving Club Velvet Rose 3D that also will probably be paid) which makes the games that are work in progress to take even longer to be finished? I know the answer will be that it was done to develop the technology and to make even better games, but those 3D games aren't even close to what we see on the main LOP site. I'm not sure what was learned from making a 3D game that can be translated into making a better-looking game that can end up in LOPGold. I actually hope they won't focus entirely on 3D games since it isn't my cup of tea.

But I admit that I don't understand shit about technology so I have no idea about what I'm talking about and I actually think that I'm probably wrong here, lol.

PS there're some really good Belgian beers.

:)
Well, I'm not very knowledgable about tech or business, or even LOP. As I already admitted, I am an ocean away from LOP headquarters (though I have visited them once), and really only involved in the company as a freelance script writer and occasional play tester / copy editor. That being said, I think LOP would like to grow, and part of doing that is diversifying a little bit. I think the 3d Love game was about learning more than just the technology, it was also about learning what the market was like for it. And I think they learned that the market is good. I imagine that some people prefer in the 3D style and some prefer the classic lop style, and they are trying to reach both kinds of customers. At this point I still prefer the classic style too, but I can imagine a future in which the 3D tech has gotten so good that I start to prefer that.

"Proost" to the next time you enjoy a Belgian beer.
iksanabot
star of the reef

Postby FacelessOne » Fri, 18Aug24 06:46

One thing always bothered me with LWT2...

In the opening it is stated that after all his exploits in the original story, Quote: Justin has become the "temptation". Yet he is the one who has to do all the "work" keeping up his reputation with the girls, or at least "his" girls. Not that I'm criticising the mechanics, they're needed after all or the "game" would be a simple graphic novelle.

My point is that another character should be the POV, not Justin.
The "story" given would make much more sense if Tracy was the POV/PC.

While I'm aware of the fact that most other members of LOP want to play as the "alpha" male in their games (which is why for example CVR and LWS failed, in my humble opinion), I'm only talking from the viewpoint of another writer here. Don't worry, I only write in my native tounge. I know my english sucks. [img]images/icones/icon12.gif[/img]
"Every time you put a modifier in front of a term that is inherently good, you turn it into a perversion of itself."
- Ben Shapiro
FacelessOne
Pilot fish

Postby Gallion » Sat, 18Sep29 06:59

Don't think my English was better, but I think it's not really matter as long as everyone understand the meaning of what you said. [img]images/icones/icon10.gif[/img]

The idea of having Tracy as Main Character is interesting because we have Richard who could be a "temptation" for her, the workers in the barn of the villa, we could even add an lesbian temptation for her as well, so I could agree with you for that.

But keeping Justin à MC was fine, especially because that game was so expected when it came out (probably more than any other game in LOP history) than they would be a risk of people already getting upset without taking the time to explore to not play him like the first game.

And I think the "temptation" for this game is not only about Lisa or Tracy, it's more about competition with Richard and the multiple ways of "beating" him (showing he's a better husband, or seduce Antoinette for example).

I hope we got news for the expansions as soon as possible [img]images/icones/icon14.gif[/img]
Last edited by Gallion on Sun, 18Sep30 14:02, edited 1 time in total.
Gallion
sirens hunter

Postby Porksword » Sun, 18Sep30 09:53

My problem with the "Tracy as MC" idea is that we pretty much already have that/those game(s): The Eleanor Series. I don't think that a Tracy-driven story can be that much different from a bad wife Eleanor story.
Porksword
sirens hunter

Postby Gallion » Sun, 18Sep30 13:59

Porksword wrote:My problem with the "Tracy as MC" idea is that we pretty much already have that/those game(s): The Eleanor Series. I don't think that a Tracy-driven story can be that much different from a bad wife Eleanor story.

True, even I think Tracy and Eleanor are pretty different based on what they are, Eleanor is more like a "Trophy Wife" and more dependent of his husband financially and could be perceived as someone who could cheat just because she had the mood for this.

Tracy is very far away from that IMO, I guess she is making more money the Justin and she is also more responsable because of the duty to be a Mother.
She does have a fetish side but that's it, she cares & loves way more Justin than Eleanor for his husband.

So I think if we manage those considerations, you could have a Game pretty different than the Eleanor's series even with Tracy as MC.
For exemple, the story of the first game and the relationship between Justin & Lisa could give a lot of idea for differents path and scenario about it.

By the way in the game, we learn than Eleanor is a friend of Tracy, I wonder (and really hope ^^) if we could have one day a game with them together.
Gallion
sirens hunter

Postby stcro1 » Sun, 18Sep30 15:31

better idea in my opinion would be lwt1 story told from Lisa's POV,there are so many things we could see and discover that way about the first game. For example days prior she got in contact with Justin and Tracy,her thoughts about them when she moved in,how she met Derek and Sandy and her relationship with them,and most of all development of emotions,desire and lust for Justin,and even for Tracy.

I'd love to see in what ways,other than what we saw in lwt1,she was thinking and trying to seduce Justin,there could be new and different events regarding that,lwt1 still has so much to offer. It could be anything form flirty comments to wearing skimpy clothes or underwear to sunbathing topless and brushing teeth in sleeveless sleepwear and thongs. Sandy could get bigger role given how close they were,that way we could get to know what discussions about Tracy and Justin they had and maybe even how much they would like to get involved with them.Derek also. He could be used in few events to make Justin jelaous before the blowjob that Justin saw.
There could also be part of Lisa seducing Tracy or maybe even other way round,even if we know from lwt2 that it didn't happened.

Many events from the game would be interesting to see from her POV too,and some of them could be reworked and extended. For example Lisa could finally invite Justin into shower with her,she could sneak into his bedroom over weekends,club event from her perspective and how she was anticipating it,extension of pool games and a lot more...
stcro1
great white shark

Postby Gallion » Wed, 18Oct03 06:03

That could definitely works too.

Whatever is Tracy or Lisa, they are such developped in their way, they are a very consistent story on their own than you can have an interesting game in both case.

That's one of the biggest quality of the game, you can imagine so many stuff who could happen without being too unrealistic.
Gallion
sirens hunter

Postby xsandman78 » Tue, 18Oct09 22:29

stcro1 wrote:
Ow-Ow wrote:I hope there is a similar scene with Lisa too. Where maybe if you have a lower score with her then she will go to Richard and let him do whatever he wants to get back at you. I realize that things could get rough for Lisa, but she's a bad girl. She should know better than to fuck married men, if they're the ones who have to teach her, well then thats whos gotta do it.

nooo,i want lisa only for myself (or justin to be more precise)
but on a serious note i think there will be richard/lisa scenes,if i remember correctly it's been pointed out in the days after the release. one thing is sure though,i'm gonna avoid such an horrific path :D

I’ll be interested to see how Richard competition stuff works this time round. Like you i’d Like to avoid such a horrific path & have Lisa only be interested in Justin dedicated path.

Happy to see some renders on the lop blog too(Lisa is still hot) & news it’ll start work at full speed soon.
xsandman78
great white shark

Postby stcro1 » Thu, 18Oct11 13:58

xsandman78 wrote:
I’ll be interested to see how Richard competition stuff works this time round. Like you i’d Like to avoid such a horrific path & have Lisa only be interested in Justin dedicated path.

Happy to see some renders on the lop blog too(Lisa is still hot) & news it’ll start work at full speed soon.

You're right,with the game being basically rebuild from ground up it will be interesting to see what will change regarding their rivalry and in what other ways they'll try to win the girls over. I'm also interested in Justin/Richard friendly path,I think Iksanabot mentioned it will be possible,so we might expect some kind of harem for them,which will be cool.
But still my main wish is more focus on Justin/Tracy/lisa and Justin/Lisa paths,can't wait to see what happens in expansion for them.
stcro1
great white shark

Postby FacelessOne » Mon, 18Nov19 00:52

I have to disagree with most of what you said.

From what we know about Tracy from LWT, LWT2 and MSD: Eleanor - she is definitely becoming a slut, even if it wasn't the intend of the devs!

Unhealthy sexdrive a.k.a. Nymphomanic? Check.
Is bi-sexual? Check.
Has "strong fantasies" about other/multible men? Check.
Is willing to cheat? Check.
Had already sex with others without her husbands notice? Check.

I could be more detailed but I don't know what of this would be considerd "spoiler" for stuff released in 2013, 2014 and 2016...so I don't.

Am I the only one who noticed that the child (Charlie) is blonde (recessive trait) while his mom has black hair and his dad brown?
And while I know that it's still possible for 2 dark haired parents to have a blonde child...let's say the odds are better to win multible times in a row in the lottery - or that it's simply an oversight by the devs but yeah... That would be an EA-Level fail... So no... I think it's on purpose.
"Every time you put a modifier in front of a term that is inherently good, you turn it into a perversion of itself."
- Ben Shapiro
FacelessOne
Pilot fish

Postby stcro1 » Mon, 18Nov19 18:34

FacelessOne wrote:Am I the only one who noticed that the child (Charlie) is blonde (recessive trait) while his mom has black hair and his dad brown?
And while I know that it's still possible for 2 dark haired parents to have a blonde child...let's say the odds are better to win multible times in a row in the lottery - or that it's simply an oversight by the devs but yeah... That would be an EA-Level fail... So no... I think it's on purpose.

It's not oversight or fail,I think Iksanabot said a while back that they couldn't find proper model for Charlie so they just used pre-made one
stcro1
great white shark

Postby Porksword » Mon, 18Nov19 20:03

FacelessOne wrote:
Am I the only one who noticed that the child (Charlie) is blonde (recessive trait) while his mom has black hair and his dad brown?

A lot of people with dark hair are born blonde then it slowly darkens over a few years. Both myself and my brother for example were born blonde and our hair didn't really darken until 5/6 years old
Porksword
sirens hunter

Postby membrano » Tue, 18Nov20 23:16

FacelessOne wrote:I have to disagree with most of what you said.

From what we know about Tracy from LWT, LWT2 and MSD: Eleanor - she is definitely becoming a slut, even if it wasn't the intend of the devs!

Unhealthy sexdrive a.k.a. Nymphomanic? Check.
Is bi-sexual? Check.
Has "strong fantasies" about other/multible men? Check.
Is willing to cheat? Check.
Had already sex with others without her husbands notice? Check.

I think (or at least very much hope) you are wrong about this. I don't know the content of MSD Eleanor regarding Tracy but in the LWT games she has a strong sex drive that she discovers over the course of the games, but except for extreme endings is never unhealthy. The same goes for her willingness to cheat behind her husband's back. In any case all those traits you mention are true for pretty much all LOP player characters, in particular the males (well, except for bisexuality obviously).
I think the main difference between Eleanor's and Tracy's sexuality is that Eleanor pretty much depends on her sexuality to get by and uses it extensively as a tool or weapon. Whereas Tracy (from what we know) doesn't depend on her sexuality at all, but can rather choose freely how and with whom she wants to persue it. That is something that to make makes Tracy much more likable and relatable and I hope she'll stay that way. (pretty please :))
membrano
Pilot fish

PreviousNext

Return to Other sexy games